|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Annika VS. Tiger & Sergio VS. Tiger

I was just wondering who you guys thought was a more dominant player?

I think it is Annika noone on the ladies tour can even touch her right now. Tiger goes thourgh spurts when he is good then bad, Annika seems consistent, Not to mentoin I don't like Tiger. There are two things Tiger is good at. 1-Getting himself into trouble and 2-Getting himself out of trouble.

I would also like to see a rematch of Tiger VS. Sergio. I think now that Sergio is more mature I think he would really give Tiger a run for his Money

What do yall think?

My favorite golfers
    LPGA - Annika Sornestam
    PGA - Sergio Garcia, Camilo Villegas, & Michael Campbell
    Driver: Callaway 10° X460 Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Regular
    Fairway Wood: Callaway X Wood 15° Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Regular
    Hybrid: Callaway X 21° Uniflex Steel
    Irons: Callaway X-18's 4-PW Uniflex Steel
    Wedges: Callaway X Tour Wedges 50°, 56°, 60°PM
    Putter: 32.5" Callaway BJ2
    Ball: Callaway Big Bertha Blue or HX Tour

I Choose: To Be Better! Callaway A Better Game By Design!

Annika is more dominate in her tour. Women seem to be alot more consistent then the men. I think too many of the guys try and force it due to the extra yardage and it makes them to produce errors.

I like Tiger and think he has brought alot to the game of golf. Tiger vs Sergio Tiger would probably win 60 to 70% of the time. His play-off record is like 9 and 1 and he is one of the most clutch players.

1. Tiger's putting! remember that, they are both amazing ball strikers, but wat Tiger has over Sergio is the ability to get outta trouble, and he is THE MOST clutch player ever

Also regarding the idea of women being more consistent, its also a little "easier" (not demeaning the womens game at all, its just how it is). The Womens courses setup ALOT easier than the Men's, lower round, not greens like marble when hitting into them, and womens courses are generally 64-6700 yards, where the mens are generally 70-7400 yards and hard as hell with rough out to our knees
    I feel sorry for Skeet boy's cat...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper6
    1. Tiger's putting! remember that, they are both amazing ball strikers, but wat Tiger has over Sergio is the ability to get outta trouble, and he is THE MOST clutch player ever

Also regarding the idea of women being more consistent, its also a little "easier" (not demeaning the womens game at all, its just how it is). The Womens courses setup ALOT easier than the Men's, lower round, not greens like marble when hitting into them, and womens courses are generally 64-6700 yards, where the mens are generally 70-7400 yards and hard as hell with rough out to our knees

So what... it's just as easy for ALL the women yet Annika dominates like no other player on the planet atm. Yes, they play shorter easier courses but that means squat as all the ladies are pitted against each other.

It also appears like they get a more regular turn-out than the men do. Men tend to skip many events in the schedule where it appears to me the women grind almost every week.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

And someone always makes a charge at the lead on Sunday, same with the Champion's Tour. There's hardly ever a 'smelling the flowers' win on those tours. Already this yea we have had a 7 shot victory in Phoenix and a 5 shot win at Sony
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

Tiger hates to loose. I don't think you say that about Sergio.

Tiger is a fierce competitor, more like a shark than a tiger. If he sees blood chances are your his next meal. At this point he is such an icon and is known to eat other players in a play off. The mental game playing against him has got to be a trip.
    On the other hand Sergio seems to choke. Look a the Buick Invitational; he blew up on the final with 3 over for 75. His GIR average is great but he has a hard time finding the hole. 1.8 seems to be his career putting average which just puts him in the top 200. Tiger has been in the top 10 putting average and the top 50 GIR for the last 3 years.

One final observation, put a camera on Sergio and he plays poorly. Maybe it's the anxiety from the grip, regrip, regrip, regrip commentaries he used to get railed on.

Annika is a great athlete and has a solid mental game. She has had great coaching on the mental game and it shows when she is in competition. LPGA has a new pack of young and hungry girls looking to de-throne her. She's going to have to bring her game to win. I don't think she will have a good of a year as last year with all of the new competition but it will be fun to watch. It's fgreat to watch the young players personalities and watch some of them step up while others crumble under the presure.

Cool Annika vs. Tiger vs. Sergio

As good as Tiger is, and believe me he is plenty good, he does not dominate his tour the way Annika dominates hers. Annika is like a machine hitting GIR's ... much higher than her nearest competitors. It reminds me of how Greg Maddox of the Cubs then Braves was in the mid-to-late 90's. Remember when his ERA every year was in the 1.50-2.00 range whereas the next best group of pitchers was at least 0.50 higher than him. He seemed to be in a league of his own just like Annika is now. What is Annika's win % in the past 2 or 3 years - hasn't she won somewhere in the 33%-50% range of every tournament she has entered? She may be the most dominant player ever on any of the professional tours.

We can argue the exact %'s, but in a Tiger vs. Sergio match Tiger is going to win at least 75%-80% of the time. Not to take anything away from Sergio, but Tiger has all the skills and all the shots. What I think sets him apart from all of his peers is his competitiveness, his course management and his clutch putting. (Sounds alot like a pudgy, blond fellow from Ohio, doesn't it?) Tiger never seems to beat himself with poor judgement and he is such a competitor that other players (ask Phil Mickelson) seem to fold when playing against him - especially in major tournaments. Plus, like the blond Ohioan, who would you rather have putting for you if you need to sink a 10-20 footer to win a big tournament? Tiger is simply the best male player of his era. He's the Walter Hagen of the 20's and 30's, the Bobby Jones of the same era, the Hogan and Snead of the 40's and 50's, the Palmer of the 50's and 60's, Nicklaus of the 60's and 70's, etc. Tiger may be the best of them all, but we'll never know. Nicklaus in his prime and Tiger in his prime (now) ... what a match that would be! Neither would back down, neither would beat himself, neither would miss a clutch putt. It would be a match like no other. I have no idea who would win, but it's a match I'd love to see.
    Last edited by haywardwisc; 03-25-2006 at 04:53 AM.
    Don't pee on my back and tell me it's raining.

Equipment in my Ping Discover bag:
    Driver: 2006 Cleveland Launcher - 11.5* with Low Carb shaft
    4-Wd: 2004 Callaway BB SS - 17* with IRod
    7-Wd: 2004 Callaway BB SS - 21* with Proforce V2 65
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler - 23* with Aldila NV HY
    5 Iron - PW: Ping G5's - CS Lite steel
    Wedges: Cleveland 900 chrome 50*, 54* & 60*
    Putter: Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball with 34" shaft
    Golf Balls: E5's, NXT's, Noodles, So/Lo's & Laddies

Well said, finish the threesome out with Travino in his day and you'd have a makings for a tough golf round. Winners hate to loose.

Ditka, definitely Ditka!

Thread Information