|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Hole In One

Hole In One

Hello all, i was wondering if anybody here has ever had a hole-in-one?

I have not, but have been with players who have had them
    I found a clip of one of Tigers numerous aces, any other clips, or Hole-In-ones?
    Tigers is about 2/3 of the page down
    http://www.pgatour.com/video/player
    "1 PUTTS PREFFERED!"

I made one last year on a 139 yard par 3 using a nine. My wife made one 11 days later on 121 yard par 3 using a 7.

I assume we may have the record for the fastest husband and wife hole in ones ever.

Not a hole in one, but I holed out from about 130 on Sunday, again with a 9.

Yes -- once

I did once on a 140 yd par3 with a 7i. Not a particularly good hit. Landed on the FRINGE and rolled lazily across the whole green (pin was near back) and dropped in. Pure luck. Was playing alone but cart girl saw the whole thing. I tipped her nicely figuring she may be needed as a witness some day.

But it really is no big deal at all to me. Pure luck. I have hit many shots of which I am more proud.
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]"If I can't walk it -- I don't play it."[/COLOR]

Within 2 feet several times, but never sealed the deal.......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I have never holed out from further than 30 yards away. I have come close hundreds of times, I have hit every iron in my bag to within a foot at some stage or another. 3 iron was the best, on my own, duffed a drive, on a sideslope and I played about 6 inches too much break from 190. Not too bad!
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

I was lucky enough to have 3 in one summer. 1 was on a 4 par dog leg, I was having a bad round 10 over thru 15 so on 16 which was a 350ish hard dog leg to the right (90 degrees practically) I decided to hit driver over the trees. Looked for a long time until my buddy jokingly said he would look in the cup and holy cow it was in there. other 2 were 3 pars 165 and 140 respectively, both coincidentally I hit 9 iron. Wind was helping big on the 165 9 iron. That was 7 summers ago and no luck since.

Thack7

My only hole-in-one was 6 years ago, 135 yds out, PW. I made a double eagle in Sept 04 holing my 2nd on a 490 yd par 5. Short par 5 by todays's standards, with hard dry fairways and a tailing wind. Holed an 8-iron from 175. Congrats to all who have holed out!

TheRod
    "Fairways and greens, and don't forget to wave."

Hah I got a hole in one the first time I ever played golf. I was horrible. Two holes before I broke my bud's three iron kuz i hit the ground too hard apparently and the graphite shaft broke (although i think it was just a brittle old shaft, kuz i barely hit the ground). Anyways, this hole was fairly short, i'd say 110-130 yd range, i usually knock it with my 8 iron now... Needless to say, back then I used a 5 iron kuz i had no clue what i was doing.... I dont think the ball ever got more than 3 feet off the ground... but it did one of those crazy snake over the ground things, rolled up on the green and right into the cup :P

My friend wanted to kill me :P With good reason, he's played two years longer than me and never gotten one. I've come less than an inch about 10x since, but never re-done it....

Another friend of mine hadn't played all this winter and the first time we went out this year, like 3 weeks ago, he took his first shot of the day a 136 on hole 6 (we jumped on in the middle kuz it was fairly busy at the front but holes 4-7 were empty). The bastard didnt even take a practice swing, his first swing in probably 3 months, and put it right into the hole. Landed it on top of a hill before the green, landed gently, rolled down the hill onto the green and straight into the cup.

Needless to say, i wanted to kill *him* this time :P

I never have but at a course I play regularly Riverside in Faimont B.C.,a young lady had two in one round.UNBELIEVEABLE.I think details are still on the Riverside webpage.

About 4 years ago I was playing the 8th hole on my home course with a coworker. The hole was playing about 125 yards, they had just punched the greens, & when I hit it I said "that one felt funny". It landed 3' in front of the cup & bounced in. Thankfully it was a cloudy fall afternoon & nobody was around except my coworker, so it only cost me $3 for the beer. BTW I hit a PW.
    Taylor Made R540XD 10.5*
    Sonartec NP-99 15* & 21*
    Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
    Mizuno MP T Black Ni 51-06, 56-13, 60-08
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG
    I made one last year on a 139 yard par 3 using a nine. My wife made one 11 days later on 121 yard par 3 using a 7.

I assume we may have the record for the fastest husband and wife hole in ones ever.

Not a hole in one, but I holed out from about 130 on Sunday, again with a 9.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but I am certain that a husband / wife hole in one has occurred in the same round . I will try to find the info about it......

"Not wanting to rain on your parade, but I am certain that a husband / wife hole in one has occurred in the same round . I will try to find the info about it......"

Her hole in one already rained on my parade ;)

Often close, never in.... Have afriend who is 60 and plays off a 20 hcp - has 4 aces already - just ain't fair!

Thread Information