|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Smile Cleveland Launcher 460

Until about 2 months ago, I had been a die hard Cobra Driver user. Then my son bought a Cleveland Launcher 460, I hit it and was hooked, Longer drivers, I have more control and hit more fairways and best of all $125.00 brand new in the wrapper off ebay. Cant go wrong with this club. I have shaved 3 stokes a round off my game by just keeping the ball in play where I can find it. Who knows what my scores will drop to after a few months of hitting this club.

is it the launcher comp?

I just picked up the 2005/2006 model (TI 460) off EBAY for $170. My neighbor bought one earlier this year and I've never seen him hit the ball straighter or longer. I tried several drivers including the Callaway X460 (great club as well) but I couldn't justify spending $300 when I could get the Cleveland for about half of that.

I'm not 100% sure what the differences are between the original 460 Launcher and the TI 460 out now but I believe the newer model has more weight in the bottom of the club and has a lower spin rate. The standard shaft is now gray rather than gold but I don't know if it is any better.

Enjoy your new club!

It is the original 460 from last year, I have hit both and cant really tell the difference, except the price and the color of the shaft. I can say for sure I have never hit a straighter drive before the Launcher 460, like I said, I put the Cobra in my closet.

I knew I was hooked the moment I hit the 460 Cleveland, I tried both drivers the new comp and the original, saw really no difference in the way they hit and kept the ball in the fairway, so I went with the original and saved myself about $80.00. Cant beat the club for the price.

I recently bought the Launcher Comp with Aldila NV shaft. I am playing tomorrow for the frist time this yr, and I can't wait to hit the club, as I haven't even hit it at a range yet.

You will no be disappointed, I slowed my overkill swing speed and the ball still flies straight with good distance, at least 20 yrds longer than what I was hitting my Cobra.

I do have a bit of dilemma though. I also have a new Titleist 905T that I haven't hit, and I'm not sure which beast I want to take out first.

I got both clubs in a package deal from a guy who owed me money, that is why I have 2 brand new sticks.

I think takeing the Titleist to the course would be OK, just leave it in your bag play the Launcher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, then when you get home sell the Titleist on ebay

Took my new TI 460 out for the first time today. I had hit it on the range the last few days with great success so I was anxious to hit it for real.

Well....the first few shots with it were terrible. Blocked shots, pulls and everything else that could go wrong. It wasn't until the 15th hole (a 280 yard par 4 with slight dogleg) when I decided to try and go for the green rather than lay up like most people do. It is slightly uphill with a very narrow entrance.

I made a few adjustments to my stance and tee height and proceeded to hit the ball flush into the greenside bunker 280 yards out. I basically flew it into the bunker pin high. My bunker shot actually lipped out for eagle leaving me with a tap in birdie. Feeling a little better about the club and dying to find out how much roll I would get if I ever found a fairway, I decided to hit it on 18 which is a 400 yard par 4. Again, I hit it on the screws and watched the ball sail dead straight with a medium penetrating ball flight. We couldn't see exactly where it landed until we started walking up and saw I only had 95 yards left!

So, the club had redeemed itself and I am now 100% happy that I bought it. Hopefully I will conitnue where i left off tomorrow!

460 Launcher (Original)

You are not the only other person that has switched to Cleveland 460 that I have taked to in the last couple of days, I went to the driving range on Saturday and another guy was in the pro shop looking at clubs. I said, hit the launcher if they have a demo. He was hiting down from where I was and after about 25 minutes or so he came over and was concerned about prices, the one at the pro shop was $249.99, i told heim to check out ebay for some better prices, he said he was going to do that now. I think he was as sold on the Cleveland as much as I am. He was a Taylor Made 580 hitter to start with. I have been hitting Callaway X-12 for the several years and now and have been looking at Cleveland Irons , I already use a Never Compromise putter and as you know that to is Cleveland, you just cant go wrong with Cleveland Clubs

Cleveland Launcher 460

Quote Originally Posted by inatrap
    you just cant go wrong with Cleveland Clubs
    I also bought the original Launcher in October last year. My Dad had spent several months searching for and trying out all the "name" brands and finally settled on the Cleveland Launcher. I saw it at the Driving Range for about $70 cheaper than he had bought it for and after demoing it I had to have it.

It hits the ball long high and straight and is more forgiving than any other driver I have tried. The looks, feel and sound are superb.

I was so impressed I eventually added the Launcher Fairway woods, 15* & 19* and the Ta6 Irons along with 588 Gap Wedge and Sand wedge. I then added the HALO 22* to replace my 3 iron and (finally) I bought a Never Compromise Putter.

From the 460 Launcher to the Sand wedge & putter these are great clubs.

As you say "you just cant go wrong with Cleveland Clubs" especially when you pick them up on sale for half the price of the other "name" brands.

My Dad is also very pleased with his choice.

Launcher 460 Original

I havent got the irons yet or the fairway woods, but it wont be long before I do, the IRS has other plans for me now, they said, pay me first then get golf gear.

Cleveland Launcher 460

Still have this puppy but made awesome shaft change , installed a used Aldila NV 65 I had and pulled it back out the next day, installed a new Stiff Flex Grafalloy Pro Launch 75 from my son's shop and WOW what a stick. Grafalloy Pro Launch + Cleveland Launcher 460 = KILLER CLUB try it folks you will love it

Thread Information