|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Slow Play? What not to do...

http://www.local6.com/news/8374078/detail.html

As golf season is in full swing so are a few of the players.

Golfer Accused Of Attacking Man With Club

POSTED: 12:21 am EST March 31, 2006
    UPDATED: 12:26 am EST March 31, 2006

A man in Seminole County, Fla., was arrested on a golf course after witnesses said he used a golf club to attack another golfer in an apparent fit of rage, according to a Local 6 News report.

Deputies said Rodney Hearon became involved in a dispute Wednesday with a golfer at the Wekiva Springs Golf and Country Club in Longwood, Fla.

Witnesses said the Hearon and another man asked two other golfers if they could pass in front of them near the tenth hole on the course. The men declined to allow the pair to pass, citing that the golf course was full and that there was still a group in front of them, a police report said.

A verbal altercation ensued and during the exchange, witnesses said Hearon chased one of the men with a golf club and swung it about one foot from his head.

Deputies arrested Hearon and charged him with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Hearon remains behind bars in the Seminole County Jail.

What a loser.

lmao!!! thats awesome
    I feel sorry for Skeet boy's cat...

I had this slow play yesterday I was a single behind a very slow group, Group after group with no playing thru at all. I made good use of my time, I hit 3 balls every shot with different ball patterns of shots. I really got to practice my short game with a variety of wedge shots. I couldnt post my score but really got me started for the season with some confidence.
    KZG Gemini 460 [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]KZG Cobalt 4 & 7 Wood[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]KZG Forged Evolution 4-7
    KZG Forged ZO 8-SW[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]Nomad WRX GTO Hogan 62 K[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Tom Slighter "Kirkland" [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Bridgestone E-5 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Bennington Cart Bag [/COLOR]

I also have had encounters with a man on the course. Not once, not twice, not three times but most recently my fourth. Before you say that I should have done or said something the first time I didn't. But, after the second time a ball bounced behind me before I hit my 2nd shot I checked to see whom it was. It was him again. Later he hit into my foursom again and this time was really close. I went over to his ball and hit it back towards him but shanked it. Darn. He was on a cart and yelled if I had seen his ball. No I am sorry just where is my ball. I ran over to him and we had our words. I felt good after this exchange and went on playing. When my foursome finished the pro called us into the snack bar and asked when had happened. To make a real long story short the guys behine him witnessed all this and reported him. Well he was suspended from the course for 60 days. Would you believe it? Two days ago he cut in front of us, the same foursome and had jumped ahead of his tee time. "I am a single." I did't say much I just went to the pro shop again. 2 b continued.

I generally expect a 4hr round and if I manage to get round quicker it's a bonus. The only time I complain is if the group in front has lost a hole. I always get the number of the pro shop before starting and if a group is holding up everyone and not willing to let anyone play through, I phone the pro and he normally sorts it out. I would like to throw them in a lake ideally, but i wont allow them to spoil my hobby. I can't even be bothered to talk to them, it normally ends up with bad feeling.

It's bad enough trying to dodge the idiots on the road who are on their cell phones, it happened to us on the course yesterday.

We had a foursome in front of us who must have thought they were really important because all four of them seemed to be on their cells most of the round. Probably a bunch that snuck out of somewhere.

Anyway, par 4, we're waiting for them to get off the green so we can hit up. Their carts are parked directly behind the green and a little above it. Three of them head up the hill but the fourth stops about three paces off of the green and commences on his cell. We wait a minute or so and finally holler to get moving.

Three holes later we have hit our drives on a par five and go to our balls. When we get there we see that this foursome is still on the green minus one. Three of our players hit layup shots. I look around and this guy is sitting in his cart on the phone still a hundred yards short of the green. The other three finish putting out and this jerk is still sitting a 100 out. I'm close enough to go for the green so I finally holler again to get the hell out of the way.

They finally picked it up but it's bad enough with normal slow play and now we've got the cellphone jerks.

So I really got away with this didn't I?
    My Bag:

[B]Driver:[/B] Taylormade R7 HT 10.5
    [B]5 Wood[/B]: Taylormade R7 TP 18.5
    [B]7 Wood[/B]: Taylormade R5 21
    [B]Hybrid[/B]: Taylormade Rescue Mid 25
    [B]Irons[/B]: Mizuno MP-60 4-PW
    [B]GW[/B]: Cleveland CG11 50
    [B]SW[/B]: Cleveland CG10 56
    [B]LW[/B]: Titliest Vokey SM 60
    [B]Putter(s[/B]): Scotty Cameron Mil Spec, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2
    [B]Bag:[/B]: Taylormade R7 Stand Bag
    [B]Shoes[/B]: Soon to be Adidas Tour 360's