|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question Wie and The Masters?

Does anyone else doubt that if Michelle Wie wins this week she'll be invited to The Masters? I know it's tradition that the winner gets an invitation but I really don't see Augusta letting her play. I don't get why none of the sportscasters and announcers are bringing that up.

I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by jfanoe
    Does anyone else doubt that if Michelle Wie wins this week she'll be invited to The Masters? I know it's tradition that the winner gets an invitation but I really don't see Augusta letting her play. I don't get why none of the sportscasters and announcers are bringing that up.
    they let her play if she qualifies and I'm fairly certain that the folks at Augusta have already stated that if someone(no gender specified) qualifies then they'll be invited.

Personally I'm glad that the sports writers aren't stirring that pot yet. Still many matches to go before even considering it.

they said this morning...

On TNT this morning they said that two years ago Hootie said that if Wie or any other woman QUALIFIED to be there, they were welcome. Implication was that no woman would get in otherwise.

she choked...she'll be doing the same thing I'll be doing...watching Tiger win another Masters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hear what you're saying jfanoe.

I'm pretty sure the winner of the Public Links is "traditionally" invited to The Masters, but does not automatically qualify for The Masters.

It would have been interesting to see what they would have done, but it's a moot point now that she has lost.

I will be shocked if she ever qualifies to play in the masters. Not like they will just hand her an exsemption like these other tournaments. She will have to earn it and I havn't seen her doing much of that in her cut to the front of the line carreer.lol
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information