|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

any other ways to simulate the inside approach?

I don't have the $$$ to justify buying the inside approach and it seems like it would be really easy to use some other device like a club or a golf bag and get the same feedback ...

i saw somewhere that putting a golf standbag over your left foot makes can cure and out to in swing path (b/c you have to swing around the bag on your follow through ...).

any other ideas?
    In the bag:

SMT 10* Spectrum w/ True Temper stiff
    La Jolla 3 5 7 woods
    Top Flight Tour 4 - P
    Adams Tight Lies SW, LW
    Wilson Blackjack putter
    an assortment of candy wrappers, sunflowerseed wrappers, empty cig packs, nicorette, groove sharpener, Washington Redskins divot tool/marker, and a rulebook.

Place your stand bag approx 6" behind the ball, and a couple inches outside of it.
    Basically, this is the 'Inside Approach' training aid.
    I had entertained the idea of playing a practice round this way. Sometimes I do it at the range when I see my divots starting out to in.

Without using props. I take the range balls and use the line to face them out to the right. Then stry to swing out on that path of the ball line. I use this at the course too when trying to get a 3w to draw a bit too. I have a line on all my balls for this, lining up putts as well as easily distinguishing my ball from others. Helps keep the ball-hawks under control a bit too.

Go down to the hardware store and buy a $2 piece of 8' Plumbing pipe insulation, get maybe 3 scrap pieces of 2x4 maybe a foot long if you have some laying around, a couple bricks, or anything else about the same height and duct tape the insulation to the top of the stacked 2x4's so it extends out a couple feet, should be about the right height. Never tried it, but it makes sense. Just cut off the pipe insulation. You could probably make 4-5 with 8' piece of insulation for $2. I think I would just setup the lumber up slightly back from the ball and about a foot or so to the outside so the insuluation points at you and the lumber is away from your club. Try it with a cheap club at first, but I cant imagine it would hurt your club any worse than the inside approach.

Just don't sue me!

edit 1 - if you want to get real creative you could tape another piece on the tip of the insulation sideways so it looks the same, assuming it doesn't make it bend down with the weight. edit 2 - actually edit 1 may not be a good idea, because the duct tape over the club may damage the finish on the top of the club???
    Last edited by PA Jayhawk; 05-04-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    Go down to the hardware store and buy a $2 piece of 8' Plumbing pipe insulation, get maybe 3 scrap pieces of 2x4 maybe a foot long if you have some laying around, a couple bricks, or anything else about the same height and duct tape the insulation to the top of the stacked 2x4's so it extends out a couple feet, should be about the right height. Never tried it, but it makes sense. Just cut off the pipe insulation. You could probably make 4-5 with 8' piece of insulation for $2. I think I would just setup the lumber up slightly back from the ball and about a foot or so to the outside so the insuluation points at you and the lumber is away from your club. Try it with a cheap club at first, but I cant imagine it would hurt your club any worse than the inside approach.

Just don't sue me!

edit 1 - if you want to get real creative you could tape another piece on the tip of the insulation sideways so it looks the same, assuming it doesn't make it bend down with the weight. edit 2 - actually edit 1 may not be a good idea, because the duct tape over the club may damage the finish on the top of the club???
    whoah whoa whoah ... that is wayyyy too much effort there
    In the bag:

SMT 10* Spectrum w/ True Temper stiff
    La Jolla 3 5 7 woods
    Top Flight Tour 4 - P
    Adams Tight Lies SW, LW
    Wilson Blackjack putter
    an assortment of candy wrappers, sunflowerseed wrappers, empty cig packs, nicorette, groove sharpener, Washington Redskins divot tool/marker, and a rulebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SinkLikeAStone

whoah whoa whoah ... that is wayyyy too much effort there
    lol

I guess I need to take into consideration that not everyone is finishing their basement as I am currently doing. I have all the supplies in my basement and could have one made in less than a minute. Then again, I really do not see that it is to much effort, outside of going into the hardware store next time you are around one. Even without the material, I could go to the store, buy the $2 insulation, and have it made in 15 minutes. Or I guess I could drive 1 1/2 hours to Golfsmith and buy one for $50.

I still think it is the easiest and most realistic method similar to the Inside approach. Heck, I could have made 2 in the time it took me to type this post and even taken 5-6 swings.

OK go to the driving range and open the car door opposite the direction of the ball flight. Drop the ball at the corner of the out part of door ! I gaurantee you will come from the inside to hit the ball especially if you own a BMW ! Just kidding just use a coat hanger and bend it at a 90* angle after you take it or cut it in a straight piece and hit balls under it if you smack it the hanger will rotate in circles !
    KZG Gemini 460 [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]KZG Cobalt 4 & 7 Wood[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]KZG Forged Evolution 4-7
    KZG Forged ZO 8-SW[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]Nomad WRX GTO Hogan 62 K[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Tom Slighter "Kirkland" [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Bridgestone E-5 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Bennington Cart Bag [/COLOR]

Thread Information