|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

In this thread, I give you the answer to any golf-related question.

I am your oracle for all things golf.

How many Top Flites could you shove up your ass if you took a good dump and lubed up with some of that flaxseed oil?

Not really golf-related, but I will give you one pass since you are new. Flaxseed oil or no, the answer is zero.

Why do I average 175 yards with my lob wedge, but can only hit my driver about 395 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGolfer
    Why do I average 175 yards with my lob wedge, but can only hit my driver about 395 yards?
    Please QueenCity, this is a serious thread. I suggest trying a HiBore, though.

How come i hit it poorly 350 yards but with a 2 yard draw? Should I try a Hi-Bore to straighten me out or will Flaxseed oil work fine?
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

My HiBore keeps damaging the other clubs in my bag because the face is so hot. I'm considering the following options.
    1. Separate bag for the HiBore
    2. Getting rid of all my other clubs
    3. Iron covers

Please help, as this is getting really expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    My HiBore keeps damaging the other clubs in my bag because the face is so hot. I'm considering the following options.
    3. Iron covers

I suggest you take the HiBore out back and show it what's what. In the meantime, though, iron covers are always a fashionable choice.

OK, I'll go out on a limb here and actually try a serious one. I have a Sonartec MD 23* that I picked up used with a R flex irod shaft. I definitely have an S flex speed though. I have heard that an R flex will promote a draw as well as give a higher ballflight than an S flex. Any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by ezra76
    OK, I'll go out on a limb here and actually try a serious one. I have a Sonartec MD 23* that I picked up used with a R flex irod shaft. I definitely have an S flex speed though. I have heard that an R flex will promote a draw as well as give a higher ballflight than an S flex. Any truth to this?
    Yes, an R flex will tend to hit the ball higher than an S, all other things equal. But the R will tend to be less accurate as well. As for the the draw, an R flex will tend to lag more behind the hands at impact (compared to an S) - this MIGHT mean you tend to draw it more, but could also result in a big push, depending on your swing.

If you've got a swing that needs a stiff shaft, use a stiff shaft and a different head than the MD. There are plenty of hybrids out there that are much easier to get good height with, compared to the MD (which is tough out of a tight lie, etc).

I recently saw a guy on my home course with a 7 iron stuffed up his arse. Is he a H0M0? or just doesnt look first when squatting to read putts?

Thanks in advance oh great one.

PS - Thanks to your earlier wisdom, I recommended flax seed oil to make removal easier.

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG
    I recently saw a guy on my home course with a 7 iron stuffed up his arse. Is he a H0M0? or just doesnt look first when squatting to read putts?

Thanks in advance oh great one.

PS - Thanks to your earlier wisdom, I recommended flax seed oil to make removal easier.
    Shaft end or head end?? Shaft end he's just bi-curious, head end he's a flamer trying to dig the last Top-Flite out of his colon.

Guys, this is a serious golf discussion board. Watch your step, or dorkman is going to put you on his ignore list. Now if anyone has any REAL golf questions I will be happy to answer, but I don't have time for this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_Christmas3
    Guys, this is a serious golf discussion board. Watch your step, or dorkman is going to put you on his ignore list. Now if anyone has any REAL golf questions I will be happy to answer, but I don't have time for this nonsense.

I have had a set of Progens for 12 months, over time will use and wear shift the club slightly, changing loft or lie angles? For example where the hosel and shaft meet?
    "1 PUTTS PREFFERED!"

How do you check whether a club is forged or not without it saying so on the club? It's a real question because my clubs feel soft enough but I'm not sure
    My set:
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red

Quote Originally Posted by emc
    How do you check whether a club is forged or not without it saying so on the club? It's a real question because my clubs feel soft enough but I'm not sure
    Call the manufacturer's 800 number.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

#1) were are next years majors being played (courses)

#2) Is the PGA holding a tourniment on one of Donald Trumps courses in 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by tom p
    I have had a set of Progens for 12 months, over time will use and wear shift the club slightly, changing loft or lie angles? For example where the hosel and shaft meet?
    Forged clubs can be bent slightly over time through use (particularly if you play in very hard/dry conditions, or go to a driving range with hard mats). However, I've never heard of Progens, which leads me to guess that these are lower-end cast clubs. If so, you shouldn't have to worry about them bending - they are too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by emc
    Are they chrome plated? If so, they're probably forged - I don't know of any cast clubs that are then chromed.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Call the manufacturer's 800 number.
    My friend dorkman will never get this, since I am on his ignore list, but could someone tell him to get out of my thread? If he has a golf-related question, I will answer it, but otherwise he should get his own thread. Thanks.

-Spank, oh I mean Tucan....Oh, I mean LC3

I picked up a set of Miura CB-201's w/NS 1050 S. The shafts are a 1/2" long and I don't like them that length. I choke down to normal but it just doesn't feel comforatable. I have cut the shaft on my GW down myself 3/4 of an inch but it is a crap condition Mizuno. Is this a bad idea with the irons? Also would it tend to make the shaft play stiffer?

Another question. I am considering getting them bent 1* up and 1* weaker in loft. Is this possible? Again is it a bad/good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    #1) were are next years majors being played (courses)

#2) Is the PGA holding a tourniment on one of Donald Trumps courses in 2007?
    1. oakmont, southern hills, and carnoustie, i think.
    2. i have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ezra76
    I picked up a set of Miura CB-201's w/NS 1050 S. The shafts are a 1/2" long and I don't like them that length. I choke down to normal but it just doesn't feel comforatable. I have cut the shaft on my GW down myself 3/4 of an inch but it is a crap condition Mizuno. Is this a bad idea with the irons? Also would it tend to make the shaft play stiffer?

Another question. I am considering getting them bent 1* up and 1* weaker in loft. Is this possible? Again is it a bad/good idea?
    Cutting the shaft will make them play stiffer, and will decrease the swingweight. It will also flatten the relative lie angle of the clubs.

You can get them bent, though weakening the loft will slightly increase the bounce of each club.

I have a simple question on golf course/ caddy etiquette. I have the opportunity each year to play (by invitation) some really nice private courses. I also yearly make a trip to a different daily fee course on the east coast that is part of the history of the game. Examples would be Pinehurst, Merion, Sawgrass, RTJones Golf Club, etc..

When I am invited to a private course and caddies are hired I always offer to pay the caddy fee (as a thank you to the host). Usually this is refused, but I am encouraged to go on ahead and tip my caddy. This is no problem at all, and when playing a private course as a guest I tip the caddy well regardless of his skills as my bag toter. I feel this is correct, because I am a GUEST after all, and I got to play a great course for free.

It is the daily fee courses where the etiquette question tends to come more into play.

For example, my friends and I do our best to play a US Open course yearly. There are not too many to choose from on the east coast which we can access, but we do our best regardless. After 3 straight years of playing Pinehurst, we decided to make a commitment, do the legwork, and go experience Bethpage. We happily made reservation on the red course, and were willing to play any of the courses that the friendly staff could arrange. Our second to last day there we were notified that a time on the Black had become available.

We always pony up for caddies for one of our rounds on these trips, and we all unanimously decided that caddies were a treat to reward ourselves with on the Black.
    Three caddies were available, and we decided that the two lesser players in our group would share one caddy who would carry both of their bags, while my brother in law and I would each get our own 'personal' caddy. The prices were not cheap, but right along the same dollar figure as we had experienced at other such prestigous places.

So it is on. We all warmed up and were really stoked to be on the infamous black course. We met our caddies and exchanged pleasantries and we were off.

Lame as it may sound to some, we never play the back tees the first time at a course which is sloped higher than 125. So we go to the regular men's tees.

Everyone was cool with us except for the caddy which I had unfortunately selected. Right off the bat he is all "You came all the way to the Black and you don't want to experience ALL of it???". I pleasantly tried to explain to him that we were just kind of there for the experience, to compare with what we saw on TV, to have some fun and not punish ourselves.

He kind of got sullen after this, but carried on. He was like a senior in high school or maybe a first year college kid. Not real well dressed, able to quote EVERY single golf cliche ever printed. He had lousy skin. Looked like his face had recently caught on fire and somebody had tried to put it out with a golf shoe. His caddy outfit was kind of threadbare and filthy, he could have gotten a little closer to a bar of soap at some point, and his pants were so tight I felt a little uncomfortable just walking near him. NO socks, just some cross trainers which were perforated with wear and showed lots of foot.

So I am all "Jeez, I picked the rube caddy.........."

After about three holes with him fiddling around in my bag and telling me what equipment I SHOULD be playing, how far he hits all his clubs, what he shoots, and how he is a super golfing man and knows every single thing that happend at the previous Open I am at my wit's end.

I discretely complain to my partners out of earshot. "dude my caddy is a reatard and he is blowing this for me". My brother in law just starts laughing and encourages me to "Check out your caddy now".

So I look. It was hot out.......BUT he had rolled up his sleeves and kind of pulled the front of his uniform shirt through the neck hole like a halter top. He had taken my golf towel and totally made an AXL Rose bandana out of it, and he was off to the side of the 6th tee taking practice strokes with my putter. He also had an erection. Either that or he had pilfered a sleeve of balls from my bag and stuck them down the front of his tight ass pants. He glances at me and says "Hoss, we are on the tee.. I usually hit 3 wood...." and now he must be thirsty too because he has that Scott Hoch really thick mucousy nasty saliva that hangs from your upper teeth down to the lower lips. Like a phlegm spider web sort of deal. I am praying he does not start putting the grip end of my clubs into his mouth....(or anywhere else).

I tell him right there I am not comfortable, that I feel I am not good enough for a caddy of his caliber, that I will happily pay him, but I just want to carry my own and finish this round and get back home.

he and his erection and daisy duke t-shirt halter just slither off back towards whence we came.

We finished and I went to the caddy master and told him my caddy freaked me out, made his own kind of 'sexy' caddy costume, would not shut up about how gifted he was, and had facial sores which had seeped onto my bag, head covers, and god knows where else. I apologized for not tipping the guy, and sending him packing early, but I was not able to carry on with him anywhere near me.

The caddy master said it was odd, that the kid was real enthusiastic about golf, and even ran some kind of internet golf question and answer board.

So months later I still feel bad. I am torn with whether I should have sucked it up and tipped him, or popped him in the erection with my hibore.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Besson
    I have a simple question on golf course/ caddy etiquette. I have the opportunity each year to play (by invitation) some really nice private courses. I also yearly make a trip to a different daily fee course on the east coast that is part of the history of the game. Examples would be Pinehurst, Merion, Sawgrass, RTJones Golf Club, etc..

When I am invited to a private course and caddies are hired I always offer to pay the caddy fee (as a thank you to the host). Usually this is refused, but I am encouraged to go on ahead and tip my caddy. This is no problem at all, and when playing a private course as a guest I tip the caddy well regardless of his skills as my bag toter. I feel this is correct, because I am a GUEST after all, and I got to play a great course for free.

It is the daily fee courses where the etiquette question tends to come more into play.

For example, my friends and I do our best to play a US Open course yearly. There are not too many to choose from on the east coast which we can access, but we do our best regardless. After 3 straight years of playing Pinehurst, we decided to make a commitment, do the legwork, and go experience Bethpage. We happily made reservation on the red course, and were willing to play any of the courses that the friendly staff could arrange. Our second to last day there we were notified that a time on the Black had become available.

We always pony up for caddies for one of our rounds on these trips, and we all unanimously decided that caddies were a treat to reward ourselves with on the Black.
    Three caddies were available, and we decided that the two lesser players in our group would share one caddy who would carry both of their bags, while my brother in law and I would each get our own 'personal' caddy. The prices were not cheap, but right along the same dollar figure as we had experienced at other such prestigous places.

So it is on. We all warmed up and were really stoked to be on the infamous black course. We met our caddies and exchanged pleasantries and we were off.

Lame as it may sound to some, we never play the back tees the first time at a course which is sloped higher than 125. So we go to the regular men's tees.

Everyone was cool with us except for the caddy which I had unfortunately selected. Right off the bat he is all "You came all the way to the Black and you don't want to experience ALL of it???". I pleasantly tried to explain to him that we were just kind of there for the experience, to compare with what we saw on TV, to have some fun and not punish ourselves.

He kind of got sullen after this, but carried on. He was like a senior in high school or maybe a first year college kid. Not real well dressed, able to quote EVERY single golf cliche ever printed. He had lousy skin. Looked like his face had recently caught on fire and somebody had tried to put it out with a golf shoe. His caddy outfit was kind of threadbare and filthy, he could have gotten a little closer to a bar of soap at some point, and his pants were so tight I felt a little uncomfortable just walking near him. NO socks, just some cross trainers which were perforated with wear and showed lots of foot.

So I am all "Jeez, I picked the rube caddy.........."

After about three holes with him fiddling around in my bag and telling me what equipment I SHOULD be playing, how far he hits all his clubs, what he shoots, and how he is a super golfing man and knows every single thing that happend at the previous Open I am at my wit's end.

I discretely complain to my partners out of earshot. "dude my caddy is a reatard and he is blowing this for me". My brother in law just starts laughing and encourages me to "Check out your caddy now".

So I look. It was hot out.......BUT he had rolled up his sleeves and kind of pulled the front of his uniform shirt through the neck hole like a halter top. He had taken my golf towel and totally made an AXL Rose bandana out of it, and he was off to the side of the 6th tee taking practice strokes with my putter. He also had an erection. Either that or he had pilfered a sleeve of balls from my bag and stuck them down the front of his tight ass pants. He glances at me and says "Hoss, we are on the tee.. I usually hit 3 wood...." and now he must be thirsty too because he has that Scott Hoch really thick mucousy nasty saliva that hangs from your upper teeth down to the lower lips. Like a phlegm spider web sort of deal. I am praying he does not start putting the grip end of my clubs into his mouth....(or anywhere else).

I tell him right there I am not comfortable, that I feel I am not good enough for a caddy of his caliber, that I will happily pay him, but I just want to carry my own and finish this round and get back home.

he and his erection and daisy duke t-shirt halter just slither off back towards whence we came.

We finished and I went to the caddy master and told him my caddy freaked me out, made his own kind of 'sexy' caddy costume, would not shut up about how gifted he was, and had facial sores which had seeped onto my bag, head covers, and god knows where else. I apologized for not tipping the guy, and sending him packing early, but I was not able to carry on with him anywhere near me.

The caddy master said it was odd, that the kid was real enthusiastic about golf, and even ran some kind of internet golf question and answer board.

So months later I still feel bad. I am torn with whether I should have sucked it up and tipped him, or popped him in the erection with my hibore.

Thoughts?
    I may have to retire from this board. This was simply brilliant. Bravo.

Besson I don't leave too many messages on this board but after reading this I had to tell you I nearly sh*t in my pants. Poor BPC.

I am sorry, I have been banned for AGES and just now got reinstated.

What is a BPC??

Nice to see you!

Besson, BPC is bethpage caddy the moderator here.

I've been playing golf for a year now and have a pawn shop set I got for cheap. I've had the pleasure to play a few rounds with a couple of scratch golfers who are very impressed with my swing. I shoot in the high eighties on a consistent basis but don't have a lot of confidence in my no-name brand clubs which I've been told really aren't that good of clubs. The scratch golfers made the comment that when I get new clubs with the new technology that I'll really start to improve. I did some research and have found a set that I'd really like (I won't mention what set because of biases some people have about the brand/clubs). I've also read about being custom fitted and how much of a difference it makes. I can get the complete set for around $600 used but in excellent condition (wedges, irons, woods, and driver). Or, I could get them brand new made for me for maybe 3 times the price. Is the extra money going to make that big of a difference, or should I get the used clubs and save some money. I am completely hooked on the game of golf and am willing to do what it takes to get better, even if it costs me a little more. I just wonder if the custom fitting and new clubs are worth the extra cost. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by amer1cangolfer
    I've been playing golf for a year now and have a pawn shop set I got for cheap. I've had the pleasure to play a few rounds with a couple of scratch golfers who are very impressed with my swing. I shoot in the high eighties on a consistent basis but don't have a lot of confidence in my no-name brand clubs which I've been told really aren't that good of clubs. The scratch golfers made the comment that when I get new clubs with the new technology that I'll really start to improve. I did some research and have found a set that I'd really like (I won't mention what set because of biases some people have about the brand/clubs). I've also read about being custom fitted and how much of a difference it makes. I can get the complete set for around $600 used but in excellent condition (wedges, irons, woods, and driver). Or, I could get them brand new made for me for maybe 3 times the price. Is the extra money going to make that big of a difference, or should I get the used clubs and save some money. I am completely hooked on the game of golf and am willing to do what it takes to get better, even if it costs me a little more. I just wonder if the custom fitting and new clubs are worth the extra cost. Thanks for the help.
    You can get fitted without buying the clubs if you want. If it comes up you don't need upright or long or whatever you just play regular clubs. I have bought everything in my bag except for 1 wedge used. Why not? My clubs are 5 times better than anything I could buy for that price new. My irons alone cost $1200 with that shaft option new. Go with used in good condition. I try to stick with stuff that has only been on the market a short time and there is no possibility it could have been used more than 1 season.

LC3,I have a 3 and 5 wood in the bag and a 50* and 60* wedge in the bag.I am thinking of ditching a wood for another wedge? Which wood goes and what degree wedge comes? Or ditch them both and get a wedge and a 1 or 2 iron equivilant hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by meantime
    LC3,I have a 3 and 5 wood in the bag and a 50* and 60* wedge in the bag.I am thinking of ditching a wood for another wedge? Which wood goes and what degree wedge comes? Or ditch them both and get a wedge and a 1 or 2 iron equivilant hybrid?
    Do you hit more long irons or short irons into the the courses you regularly play? If you hit a lot of long irons, I'd say get a 52* wedge and a 58* wedge, and keep both woods. If you hit more short irons, ditch the 5-wood, get a 2iron hybrid, ditch the 3iron, and get 52, 56 and 60 degree wedges.

if i hit my 4 iron 355 into the wind but can only carry my 5 iron 432. wat should i do to close my club gap a bit (there is only 2* diff in my clubs)
    I feel sorry for Skeet boy's cat...

Rust up the 5 iron so you get some spin on it. Flaxseed oil is also another good option
    My set:
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red

I heard that commonly in China, you find imitations of the original, latest, top brand clubs. I have a friend who purchased a full set of some Taylormade's. He owns the originals, and when he came home, he said they looked exactly the same. He compared at the range and said he couldn't tell a difference at all. Keep in mind, these clubs only cost like $300! What is your opinion? are all of these imitations from China going to be like this, or was it the company he got them from was really good at what they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    3. Iron covers

What bag you have?
    Puerto Rico the best Island in the world!

Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!homer simpson grammar
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Follow your nose!

In the bag of Tucan:

Hibore 9.5 aldila Nv65 stiff- #1 driver

3 wood cobra sz- Golf digest 05 editors choice

Halos 2i and 3i- Hot list and the easy to hit

Cleveland launcher LP PW-4iron- #1 improve irons

Cleveland 588 and cg11 - Cleveland #1 in wedges

Putter Ping G5i mallet. golf digest 05 editors choice

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_Christmas3
    I suggest you take the HiBore out back and show it what's what. In the meantime, though, iron covers are always a fashionable choice.
    The hibore looks great in my cleveland ql-155 stand bad.Not any problem with my others clubs.
    Puerto Rico the best Island in the world!

Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!homer simpson grammar
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Follow your nose!

In the bag of Tucan:

Hibore 9.5 aldila Nv65 stiff- #1 driver

3 wood cobra sz- Golf digest 05 editors choice

Halos 2i and 3i- Hot list and the easy to hit

Cleveland launcher LP PW-4iron- #1 improve irons

Cleveland 588 and cg11 - Cleveland #1 in wedges

Putter Ping G5i mallet. golf digest 05 editors choice

Thread Information