|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Help with titleist 975l-fe

im looking into getting the 975l-fe. does anyone have any experience with it (positive oand negative)? Does it hit the ball high? it is fade biased so any really bad slices? I like the fact that it is 350 cc's, which is like the 983e (are there any differcences in trajectory, distance, feel, etc.) any help would be great, thanks

I had one for about 3 years and found it to be a solid performing driver. Mine was a 10.5* with a Stiff Titlelist stock shaft. The trajectory was of medium height with no ballooning of the ball. Distance was good and the feel was great. I thought the LFE was draw biased but I could be wrong. I did demo the 983 with a variety of shafts and was somewhat disappointed with the results. I didn't notice much difference in performace from the LFE though I've read a lot of postive comments about the 983.
    One point I would make about the LFE is if you looking for forgiveness and control you may want to try something else. If you put a bad swing on it you will pay a price. This was the reason I changed to the Nicklaus Air Max 430. With this club I'm finding more fairways than rough and woods.The newer 983K was suppose to be a more forgiving driver than the 983E so it may be an improvement over the LFE. Hope this helps with your seaarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdizzlef0shizzle
    im looking into getting the 975l-fe. does anyone have any experience with it (positive oand negative)? Does it hit the ball high? it is fade biased so any really bad slices? I like the fact that it is 350 cc's, which is like the 983e (are there any differcences in trajectory, distance, feel, etc.) any help would be great, thanks
    Your correct that it's fade biased. Actually the FE stands for "fade enhancement." I recently got one and have been playing with it about a month. I absolutely love it. I tend to hook the ball if I ever miss-hit so I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. I rarely slice the ball at all so I'm not the one to be asking about that. Couple guys I play with have an "inside-out" swing and they didn't like it which is expected but for my game it's great. I've got the 9.5 degree and I love the "boring" trajectory that I'm getting with it. The first round or two I was hitting a little lower than normal because I wan't use to having to tee the ball up so high because my old driver (Hawkeye) didn't have the deep face that the 975 has. I went out and got me some longer tee's and finally started hitting the ball a little higher on the face and now I'm getting more distance and a better ball flight. So if your not use to a deep face driver than that's something your going to need to look into as well.

Also, make sure you get the right shaft. I bought mine at a golf complex that has a driving range and a golf shop so I could hit this driver with various lofts and shafts. The first time I hit this club I didn't like it at all. It was the YS-6 stiff shaft that Titleist offers as a shaft option and I did not like the response at all. I was just about to scratch this driver off my list of possibilities when I spotted a used one with a 44 inch MFS 58+ by MCC/Apache with stiff flex. (http://www.mccshafts.com/index2.html)
    After a bucket of balls I knew that this was what I was wanting. Paid $155 + tax and it has been a very good investment.

As far as feel goes, it does not have that "wow" feel that Callaway or TaylorMade has when you think you've just won a long drive contest with a well-struck shot. If that's what you want than you may not like it. It has a very solid feel and when you stroke one, you'll know it. If you hit it bad, you'll also know that. For my game, that's the kind of response I want from my driver.

If you have anymore questions just shoot me an e-mail at woodalp@email.uah.edu and I'll do my best to answer your question.

Good luck,
    Phil

Don't worry

I had a very pleasant experience with this driver.
    Bouht a demo at a golf superstore near montreal for 249$ CD.
    10.5, regular, titleist 4560 .
    9 hdcp, used to hook my old cobra driver,
    Now hitting straight or even fading .
    Very good sound, lots of roll.
    Best investment i made in golf
    good luck

Thread Information