|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Word to the would be mods - be careful what you wish...

Well, you guys can poll yourselves to death trying to find your new moderator replacement - I don't think Franny had any intentions of adding another, but he probably will now as I informed him last night that my tenure as a moderator here had reached its end.

Now, please don't jump to the conclusion that I am upset about this recent mess - I am not...my skin is a little thicker than that. The fact of the matter is, between our soon-to-arrive baby and the subsequent preparations, plus the approaching exams, softball, hockey, golf, biking, and the gym, I really don't have the free time to invest the efforts here that are needed to keep this place fairly clean - the hour I spent deleting and moving things yesterday is a testimony to that - it was the first time I'd logged in for a while, and that isn't fair - volunteer or not.

I agree with PA - this camaigning is stupid and childish, and the results it garnered last time around were nothing worth emmulating.

I'll still swing by every now and then to ask advice, offer help, and/or make a uissnce of myself, but my moderating career is over.

Salut.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

See ya later, Boom.
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

Congrats on the incoming stork delivery. Between the hockey and the Army of Darkness you should have a very funny and rough/tumble kid.

I appreciate your efforts doing your stint on a thankless job with no real authority, as I took my turn previously.
    Francis had asked me to do the job, and I decided to give it a try. Regarding our past great experience with Benguk and TommieEls, I think it is safe to say that someone who "wants the job" and would campaign for it possibly isn't the right person for the task anyway.
    I hate to be excessively cynical, but I'm suspicious that one of Spank's aliases could end up with the task next, and then things could really get "interesting".
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Congrats on the soon to be, have you picked out a hockey stick or golf club yet? Just don't make yourself scarce around here.

Thanks for stepping up and making the effort. I think my other comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    the remaining candidate will be flogged and stoned by all acting members. If you feel this seems a bit harsh, then you would not make a good choice as a moderator.
    served as a proper warning that you guys can probably attest too, whether they choose to believe it or not. If they can survive that treatment, I am still not convinced they can survive as a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    I hate to be excessively cynical, but I'm suspicious that one of Spank's aliases could end up with the task next, and then things could really get "interesting".
    Dude, you have spank-phobia. Is there anyone here that ISN'T spank? It's actually just you and him - you're the only two here...

-spank, er... LC3

Quote Originally Posted by meantime
    Congrats on the incoming stork delivery. Between the hockey and the Army of Darkness you should have a very funny and rough/tumble kid.
    Hah...yah, I wanted to name him Ash, but my wife won't go for it...something about it not translating well in French .

As for the hockey stick - Easton Ultra-Lite, of course, with the Z-carbon blade. Clubs - well, I won't let him try golf until he is old enough to finance his own addictions .

Thanks, guys...it has been fun and I am sticking around, I just won't be able to delete the stuff that pisses me off - instead, I will have to draw upon my limited vocabulary and intellect and respond to them .
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

Thread Information