|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Vote NO for Moderator

For YEARS this site had NO moderation and did just fine. That is how it is best enjoyed.

I would also like to point out that moderation is not a bad thing. The problem here is that the mods tend to not really comprehend their role. They are here to keep order and to keep offensive things off the site.

They SEEM to think they are here to be the final word on all things golf. Do not confuse 'self appointed expert" with 'board moderator".

Golf is like cooking or witchcraft. LOTS of ways to arrive at the same outcome. MY drill to improve your plane may be just the opposite of someone else's. Yet the plane gets fixed with either method.

Is there really a need for mods who quote golf digest like it is the bible?

Frankly, if "Tim" (A.K.A. Spankdoggie and countless other aliases) and a few cronies were not on this board, there would be no need for a moderator at all, except to delete spam. Unfortunately, this board is rather unique in its inability to get rid of a few determined, psychologically disturbed troublemakers. When there is flaming and trolling, the entire behavior of the board is altered. Flaming and trolling are highly contagious.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

hey, dont diss golf digest, it is pretty damn close to the golf bible. But i 100% aggree with ur comments otherwise
    I feel sorry for Skeet boy's cat...

I agree in principle. We need a laissez faire moderator with a deft knowledge of HiBore's and Spanish. Maybe Tucan is the answer?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I agree in principle. We need a laissez faire moderator with a deft knowledge of HiBore's and Spanish. Maybe Tucan is the answer?

hope this dosent stir the s**t pot but im beginning to think YOU are Tucan..but thats just what I think.

Now..im off to read some more of my bible that arrived today.
    Last edited by golfaholic; 05-10-2006 at 01:06 PM.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Besson
    For YEARS this site had NO moderation and did just fine. That is how it is best enjoyed.

I would also like to point out that moderation is not a bad thing. The problem here is that the mods tend to not really comprehend their role. They are here to keep order and to keep offensive things off the site.

They SEEM to think they are here to be the final word on all things golf. Do not confuse 'self appointed expert" with 'board moderator".

Golf is like cooking or witchcraft. LOTS of ways to arrive at the same outcome. MY drill to improve your plane may be just the opposite of someone else's. Yet the plane gets fixed with either method.

I hope this desrciption does not apply to me, as my golf swing is so admittedly sh!tty that I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy...

Not to defend my practices, as I couldn't really care less whether they were appreciated or not, but I think most would agree I was fairly unintrusive into the goings-on of the board, and tried to handle things behind the scenes if intervention was required...hell, most people didn't figure out I was a mod until a month later.

I don't think we'd need mods if there were fewer trolls around. That being said, the only things the mods should be doing are dealing with trolls, flame wars, and spam. Apart from that, I think they should post as normal members, and not use any devices at their disposal in forum discussion which are exclusive to moderator use only.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

Quote Originally Posted by Besson

Besson seriously, what is that swing plane drill. I've been struggling with that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer
    I hope this desrciption does not apply to me, as my golf swing is so admittedly sh!tty that I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy...

Not to defend my practices, as I couldn't really care less whether they were appreciated or not, but I think most would agree I was fairly unintrusive into the goings-on of the board, and tried to handle things behind the scenes if intervention was required...hell, most people didn't figure out I was a mod until a month later.

I don't think we'd need mods if there were fewer trolls around. That being said, the only things the mods should be doing are dealing with trolls, flame wars, and spam. Apart from that, I think they should post as normal members, and not use any devices at their disposal in forum discussion which are exclusive to moderator use only.
    Personally I think you were responsible for diffusing the only "real" situations that came up in the entire time I was on this forum. So that should speak for itself.

It took me about 6 months before I even realized that Dorkman was a moderator on here, and is the way things should be. For the most part I think you can accomplish more on this forum without having a "Moderator" status because you can say what you feel without considering whether or not it suits the needs of the good of the forum. Assuming that your intentions are sound in what is said.

I think most would agree that outside of Spam and Trolls any purpose that is served by moderators may fall back on nothing good should the power be abused.

I personally would have been long gone had you not stepped up at the time and taken responsibility for issues that you did not create, tried to help resolve as a member, and were headed in the direction of being way out of hand had it gone unanswered.

It should serve as notice to any power hungry moderators in the future that regardless of title, the valid members probably have far more influence on the direction of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    Personally I think you were responsible for diffusing the only "real" situations that came up in the entire time I was on this forum. So that should speak for itself.

It took me about 6 months before I even realized that Dorkman was a moderator on here, and is the way things should be. For the most part I think you can accomplish more on this forum without having a "Moderator" status because you can say what you feel without considering whether or not it suits the needs of the good of the forum. Assuming that your intentions are sound in what is said.

I think most would agree that outside of Spam and Trolls any purpose that is served by moderators may fall back on nothing good should the power be abused.

I personally would have been long gone had you not stepped up at the time and taken responsibility for issues that you did not create, tried to help resolve as a member, and were headed in the direction of being way out of hand had it gone unanswered.

It should serve as notice to any power hungry moderators in the future that regardless of title, the valid members probably have far more influence on the direction of the forum.
    Do you write a first draft of these beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_Christmas3
    Do you write a first draft of these beforehand?
    Would this be as opposed to giving no real thought to what I say???

I have moved one thread in the last 5 months, so don't complain about me over using my power.

Oh, I also edited one of Lloyd's posts... I can tell that really gets to him
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    I have moved one thread in the last 5 months, so don't complain about me over using my power.

Oh, I also edited one of Lloyd's posts... I can tell that really gets to him
    Again, at least you're fessing up, rather than lying about it for 5 months as you did last time...

I'm thinking that "2" handicap might be a little iffy, given your propensity to "bend" the truth.

"...I heard a squirrel during my backswing - that drive doesn't count..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_Christmas3
    Again, at least you're fessing up, rather than lying about it for 5 months as you did last time...

I'm thinking that "2" handicap might be a little iffy, given your propensity to "bend" the truth.

"...I heard a squirrel during my backswing - that drive doesn't count..."
    I am a 2 handicap. I'll post a link to the online GHIN site when I get my next update.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    I am a 2 handicap. I'll post a link to the online GHIN site when I get my next update.
    BPC, my slow-witted friend, my point was that you probably lie about your scores, like you do about your editing. So your GHIN really doesn't tell us much. I could be a +5 if I wanted to - just go post a bunch of 68's, and there you go...

MY way anyway is to look at yourself in the mirror and see if it's alright.
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by emc
    MY way anyway is to look at yourself in the mirror and see if it's alright.
    Do you put flaxseed oil on the mirror? That might distort the truth, giving you the false impression of greatness...especially if you are swinging a HiBore...that driver defies reality...
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

A preliminary coat of Flaxseed oil is on all my windows and mirrors, keeps 'em shiny. You can't practice a perfect swing plane with the Hi-Bore, however, because it automatically makes your swing perfect and you never hit it offline
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

Beth,

I have no problem with anyone moving threads to an appropraite location. It is the deleting of them entirely that strikes me as wrong.

You are just a young lady, and I loathe to criticize. But it is kind of lame to put some thought into something and then to type it out, and then to have it go missing for no reason whatsoever.

Oh Yeah!!!! Thanks again for posting my IP and making up that story about me having numerous screen names!!!!!!!

But that is just Karma, and why you are a 2 index and I am a plus 1.3.
    Give it some thought.

Sweetie pie.

Besson

I vote no for additional moderators, used car salesmen and realtors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed "White Shoes" Rooney
    I vote no for additional moderators, used car salesmen and realtors.
    Yes, but what if we could find a good lawyer, politician, or televangelist? Then you might change your mind.......

I vote that we go back to the good ol' days when Buddha and Dorkman were the moderators. Ahh the good ol' days when life was beautiful all the time.......
    You can't handle the past.

Quote Originally Posted by twotime
    I vote that we go back to the good ol' days when Buddha and Dorkman were the moderators. Ahh the good ol' days when life was beautiful all the time.......
    Yep; nothing but peace and tranquility back then.......

Thread Information