|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thumbs down Sorry, but there is a problem with 1Iron being a mod!!

This is in his profile:
    Handicap Current- +3.3 Goal= +8.1

He claims to hit a 1 Iron 300+yds....off the ground!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ ___
    Claims he swings over 160mph.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    Claims to "hit a 1 iron better than any club in the bag" then says, "The only clubs I can hit consistantly on line are 7 thru LW..."(But your a +3.3 hcp!!!)
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Then posts insults: "Yea... this site really needs one...
    The little-kid crap is coming back, ala Omeletpants..."
    (This is not the way a mod acts)
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Says,"I still can't put any decent backspin on a ball" But your a +3.3hcp for crying out loud!!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ ________

Everyone, this doesnt add up. I am not trying to stir the pot, but I must be blunt since this person is lobbying for a mod position. IMO, this person is a lil kid on mom and dads computer or is a troll on this board who is notorious for using multiple user names and talks to himself.(Gee, wonder who?)

Not a good choice (IMO) at this time. Unless this person comes clean!

spankdoggie Guest
    Hackmeister, I now know that, thanks. This kid is just starting trouble, and I honestly thank you for smoking him out.

Come clean 1iron!

Unfortunately...

you both seem to be correct. There are a few inconsistencies to this 1 iron persona that just don't ring true. If he were truely a +3 he'd be out on tour not here. I don't know as I've ever seen a +8 and even Tiger doesn't hit a 1 iron 300 yds(well maybe Tiger can). Lastly even though spelling doesn't seem to be a requirement on the net(or grammer) this 1 iron seems to check in at about the 8th grade level. A moderator should at least appear to be somewhat educated.

Just my .02.

I really find this disturbing...
    Phil hit's his shots really inaccurately, and he's like, what, a +5.something?

If my clubhead speed is 160, which is around my nieghborhood, then a 300 yard 1-iron is not unreasonable.
    So if Jason Zuback came on here, you'd grill him too?He's like a +1

My handicap is wrought from hours on the practice tee, all throughout the year, through 30° to 110° days, learning and relearning, hours on the chipping green, and hours on the putting green.

I've scored in the top 90th percentile in my class , as well as being in the top 92% for all standardized tests.

I've got plenty of moderator experience.

I'm very disturbed about this thread.
    This seems to be all out of jealousy and envy rather than somebody speaking honestly... but this is you opinion, and I can't take that away from you, so go ahead.

I just find that Hack Miester seems to have always had negative feelings about me since day 1...
    And since I warned him and Omeletpants and Spank on their childish behavior on one of the threads, Spank comes in and takes part in the roast. And, fred, there are plenty of people who can whoop Tiger and Ernie's behinds who aren't on Tour- the Tour is for those who actually take golf as their lifestyle.

But, again, if this is how you feel, feel free to voice your opinions.

I don't think this site needs a moderator at present. You can report any posts that are out of line by simply clicking on the link beneath the offensive post. Maybe if the pace picked up here a moderator would be needed, but I don't see one being needed right now.

Personally I don't think I want a guy who uses "1-iron" at least 20 times in every post deciding about whether or not to censor me. Also, it would really hurt my feelings to have my posts criticized by a person who can't spell.

I am sure all of 1-irons claims are true. I am not launching a personal attack. However if you (1-iron) are going to be so grossly over the top with your campaign to be moderator, then I feel we have a right to air concerns.

Your enthusiasm is fantastic and I applaud it mr. 1-iron. Please keep in mind that nobody likes a know-it-all. Particualrly a self appointed one.

Jorge

PS, I have a 1-iron in my basement, and I don't like it either.

Let me step in and be the voice of reason here. First, I think our dear friend, 1 Iron means his ball speed is 160+ mph which is very possible, not his swing speed, which is totally impossible. No one in the world has a 160 mph swingspeed.

Secondly, Francis is our leader like one of those Wizard guys in the Lord of the Rings and the only moderator that I recognize. 1 Iron wants to be the moderator. "Wants" is the operative word here.
    Last edited by omeletpants; 12-22-2003 at 08:24 AM.

In that case I don't want a moderator that does not know the difference between swing speed and ball speed. I agree about Francois. He has been so very helpful in helping me set up my account. What other moderator could possibly be needed?

Montagle, you have said it all perfectly. Nothing needs to be added. Maybe you should be assistant moderator to Francis?

No, I am computer illiterate. I lost three screen names over the past two weeks just trying to register here. Oddly, my actual user name and account was awarded to one Ed Rooney. I hope that guy does me proud. I worked hard to establish my old name.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Iron
    I really find this disturbing...
    Phil hit's his shots really inaccurately, and he's like, what, a +5.something?

If my clubhead speed is 160, which is around my nieghborhood, then a 300 yard 1-iron is not unreasonable.
    So if Jason Zuback came on here, you'd grill him too?He's like a +1

My handicap is wrought from hours on the practice tee, all throughout the year, through 30° to 110° days, learning and relearning, hours on the chipping green, and hours on the putting green.

I've scored in the top 90th percentile in my class , as well as being in the top 92% for all standardized tests.

I've got plenty of moderator experience.

I'm very disturbed about this thread.
    This seems to be all out of jealousy and envy rather than somebody speaking honestly... but this is you opinion, and I can't take that away from you, so go ahead.

I just find that Hack Miester seems to have always had negative feelings about me since day 1...
    And since I warned him and Omeletpants and Spank on their childish behavior on one of the threads, Spank comes in and takes part in the roast. And, fred, there are plenty of people who can whoop Tiger and Ernie's behinds who aren't on Tour- the Tour is for those who actually take golf as their lifestyle.

But, again, if this is how you feel, feel free to voice your opinions.

1. My friend, if you were a +3.3hcp, we wouldve never heard of you. You would be a tour pro.....a damn good 1.

2. Your goal is to be a +8hcp......I believe only 2 people in the history of golf accomplished that feat, Greg Norman and Tiger.....in their best seasons of their careers!!!

3. Jason Zuback doesnt swing that fast.....just ask him!! Zuback is not a +1hcp either

4. You scored in the 90th percentile....that doesnt make sense unless your class is the PGA tour. If there were people better than you in your class, the tour is in trouble.

5. You got plenty of moderator experience......so dont I.......on once of the largest sites in the internet, you dont see me begging for a job(dont want it.)

6. Phil is not a +5....at best I would guess your as good(or better) as him based on last years stats.

7. Jealousy??? Nah.....just realistic. Your posts dont add up...even the slightest.

8. Let me give you a thought, I swing quite hard and am 1 of the top 5 long drivers(not straight driver though) at my club. I claim a guesstimated 110-115ss....and I GET GRILLED!!!! Just try to keep your lies believable.

9. You find me negative?? Cause I called you out? I would not have done this if you were not lobbying for a mod position. A mod here should have some type of credibility. You have none whatsoever.

10. There are plenty of people who can beat Tiger and Ernie not on Tour?? You watch the Darrell Klassen videos too much boy!! Now I know why you hit a "weak" 1 iron 300yds+ off the grass!!

In closing, I want to reiterate, I am not trolling, just trying to point out the obvious. a golfer as good as he claims to be, would be well versed in golf and this person doesnt seem to know what they are talking about. If he came out here and said "Hey, I suck at golf but I love they game, I want to be a mod!!" I dont care what our future mods hcp is, as long as he/she is respectable....a liar is not.

Please dont bury yourself any further 1Iron, come clean. You will get more respect that way than if you try to cover up.

I am not B.

Rooney is now B. I know, I know, I owe you 5 dollars. PM me your address here if you will. How in the hell did I manage to hurt your feelings??

Quote Originally Posted by Montagle
    Also, it would really hurt my feelings...
    There seems to be alot of that going around, B...

Unless I am mistaken one of the long drive guys has indeed measured in the 140's or 150's with swing speed. 160 is a little assine. I am a big hitter with a swing speed in the 120's I have gotten it over 130 on the machines but it is a useless eyes closed free for all. I hit my 1 iron about 240 from the ground and can (but usually don't) get about 280 from the tee with it a realistic tee with it is 260 or so. Unless this guy is a freak who does not wan't the money he could be making on tour (either PGA or long drive) then I call BS. But did anyone doubt that. If not BS then can I get an autographed pic as it will be worth quite a bit someday. Thanks!

I think if 1 Iron swung 160 mph he would rip his arms out of their sockets. He would look like the knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Again, why can't a hard hitter have that fast of a swing?

I take pride in my upper body strength, but that's not all there is to it- it's how you use what God gave you.
    I happen to use my physical gifts to an extreme advantage...
    and 160mph is my CLUBSPEED.
    Ball speed can go over 200 mph, with my top being only 2 mph under the Titleist Launch Monitor record of approximately 220 mph.

Please, I've done nothing to personally offend any of you, I don't see why you must gang up on me like this...
    It's just not right... not humane... not mature.
    If you want to criticize me for the results of long hours of practice and study to optimize my golfing abilities, my longballing in particular, fine.

But let me enjoy the forums and not get attacked every time I post...

And I'm persuing work in the social field...
    Why I can put up with all the abuse...
    and the fact that it's only a website.

But, please, cut it out, since by me not attacking any of you back, it makes me the bigger man in this.

So, in an inadvertant way, you're all complementing my maturity over you.

So, thank you.

Why don't you send us a video just like Mr. Hackmeister was brave enough to do. Why do I ask? There's a very simple line of social etiquette that your breaching here. If you really do have these God given talents (which truly do sound magnificent - if you really do possess them), you should not flaunt them to people who have no means of validating your skills. To the people on this board, you're embellishing your abilities. Most people on this board are reasonable and analytical - they are not stupid. Your handicap is a statisical anomaly (we're talking at least 3 standard deviations from the population mean of handicaps) and so is your swingspeed (at least 4 sigmas) - and they ask a very poignant but reasonable question - if you truly possess these skills, then what the hell are you doing not pursuing a PGA career? Someone with your type of God given skills has a responsibility (not only to himself but his family and arguably society) to pursue a career in a field where he can be the best. You ask why you're being rebuked? If you have to ask, then I don't know how you could have scored in the top percentile on standardized exams - unless they're civil service exams.
    Last edited by coldplay; 12-30-2003 at 03:12 PM.

Yes, we must have video

I agree. Frankly, anyone with your "God given talents" would be out doing bigger and better things in the golf universe than wasting time here (sorry guys, you know what I mean).

Zuback does not swing 160, nor is he +1. There is no correlation between swing speed and handicap. As pointed out before, you are a statistical anomoly of the n-th degree. Furthermore, for you to be so far off the curve in both handicap and swingspeed is a near impossibility. I'd assume you've won the lottery 8 or 10 times with odds in your favor like that.

I propose that you either post a video of your swing for us to see or give your name, state and club affiliation so we can check your handicap on GHIN or GolfNet or any other official, USGA-sanctioned handicap system. It's as simple as that.
    -- gbel75

What's in my bag?
    Cobra 450 Tour 8.0° Driver
    Mizuno MP-001 3 & 5 Woods
    Taylor Made RAC LT 4-9 Irons
    Cleveland 588 47, 51, 56 & 60° Wedges
    Precept U-Tri tour Balls
    Usually a nectarine, bottle of water and a metronome, among other crap...

What is your shaft flex for a 160mph swing?
    And this is with a 1 iron and not a deep bored driver?
    Just wait one minizzle!

My last 2 cents on this matter. Why would you have claimed to be a moderator??? This completely eliminates any credibility you may have had left here. I wasn't completely surprised when I stumbled upon this thread this morning.

http://forums.golfreview.com/showthr...id=754#post754

Thread Information