|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Ping ISI-K Irons w/ Graphite Shafts - ANY GOOD?

My main question is does a 25 year old guy need graphite shaft iron and will I look like an idiot. I recently came across a nice set of Ping ISI-K with Aldila 350 Regular flex grpahite irons for $200. I always wanted these clubs back in High School. My dad has a set of Zing 2's so I wanted something different. Would I be better off waiting and finding a set with steel shafts or does it matter? I prefer steel shafts but this would my first set of irn with graphite shafts. What would you do?

- Also I called Ping and they do not recommend reshafting these with steel shafts because of the head weight difference.

i own the PING ISI-S irons i got those b/c i didnt like the oversized "K" irons or the feel of the of the nickel "N" irons or of the Becu irons. to anser your question they are very good irons and my personal favorites of any iron out there in fact thats why i got them (imagine that). i would recomend them asd being a great iron. these are long with great spin and feel, a very nice iron. as for the graphite shafts i think that its up to you. if you think that yoou need these shafts then go for it if not then lok into the same w/o graphite (i recomend the true temper black gold shafts, thats what i have currently). idont think that anyone will fault you for having graphite though (i personaly like the steel better) it depends on what you like though.

They are a super set of irons. Get them and if you don't like, sell em on. That's a very good price.

Just check the lie angle, they have changed one colour since the isi were released. What used to be the blue lie is now black, what was black is now red, and so on.
    In my Bag

Taylormade R580XD 9.5* Grafalloy Blue S
    Mizuno Mp001 3w GrafalloyTour blue S
    Tm Rescue no.2 16* Prolaunch HY Blue S

4-pw TourStage z101 Dynamic gold s300
    Tm Rac Tp 56.2 black y cutter
    Lw - Vokey Oilcan 260.08
    Dfx 2 ball blade. 34"

If I am a white dot and this set is a black dot set what dot would I need these bent to?

you could get them bent its wouldnt take long and it does realy help out your game, in short get them have them bent play better golf

Pingman360 - The pro shop also has a set of Zing 2's with rifle shafts 3-pw - would you still take the ISI's over the Zing 2's?

while for me the optimal specs would be the ISI's with steel shafts they might not be the same for you. the cool thing about the ISI's are they incorporate the technology from the Zing, Zing 2, and Eye 2 irons which are all great irons. i think that you should go with what fells best for you. so there realy is no right anser to your question. the shafts on the Zing's that you are looking @ are awsome shafts and so are the irons. whatever you decide let me know i would like to know.

Ping ISI's

No, a 25 year old guy does not need graphite shafts unless he has tendonitis in both elbows.
    Anyway, the ISI's are great clubs. I have a set of ISI BeCu's black dots. I've had them for years and still haven't found a club that looks as good at set up.

he may not need them but if he likes them better with them in and he hits them better with them in then i see no reason why not to have. i still say there is not right or wrong anser just oppinion.

I found a set of Ping I3 Blades for $300 with stiff steel shafts in Like New Condition. I think that the best deal yet! I know the blades are for better playes but these aren't true blades plus if I don't like them I can always trade them out!

the i3 blades are good clubs but i think the ISI irons are the best for me. but as i said earlier whatever you think is the best for you get that. i hope that whatever you get that you like them and play giid with them. but while you are looking check out the i5's, and G5's, the G2's are also good clubs. keep an open mind though there are more good clubs than just PING (they just seem to fit me the best).

I can't hit the i3's useless I purchase them. I have had a set of eye 2+ for a while and the sales rep tells me they are similair. I guess I'm concerned that they might be not as rewarding as a Callaway X-14 or Ping ISI type of club. I really want a club to build around - something that I can play and build confidence before I go and spend big money on a set. Basically bang for the buck quality iron set.

Thread Information