|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Cleaning Golf Gloves

I have a propensity to sweat in warm weather, so as a result my golf gloves tend to get a bit salt-stained and stiff in adition to getting dirty. Is there any way to clean a golf glove?

In one of the golf magazines recently I read a tip to just toss your glove in the wash with your other laundry and then drip-dry them. Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Cubfanbob
    I have a propensity to sweat in warm weather, so as a result my golf gloves tend to get a bit salt-stained and stiff in adition to getting dirty. Is there any way to clean a golf glove?

In one of the golf magazines recently I read a tip to just toss your glove in the wash with your other laundry and then drip-dry them. Has anyone tried this? Does it work?
    I will recomend you to buy black gloves.
    Puerto Rico the best Island in the world!

Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!homer simpson grammar
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Follow your nose!

In the bag of Tucan:

Hibore 9.5 aldila Nv65 stiff- #1 driver

3 wood cobra sz- Golf digest 05 editors choice

Halos 2i and 3i- Hot list and the easy to hit

Cleveland launcher LP PW-4iron- #1 improve irons

Cleveland 588 and cg11 - Cleveland #1 in wedges

Putter Ping G5i mallet. golf digest 05 editors choice

Gloves are leather, leather and water do not mix. I have yet to find a way to clean a glove that doesn't completely ruin it. Recently though I purchased a Nike glove that came in a plastic case that snaps shut. I put the glove back into the case after every round and it has easily lasted twice as long as any other glove I've had. I've heard some guys say they bring 2 gloves and attach the 1st one to the bag and let it air out around the back nine.

> Gloves are leather, leather and water do not mix.

That's kinda what I was wondering.

A few weeks ago I was going to throw about 3 old gloves (they were the cabretta leather kind) in the garbage. Instead I figured why not throw them in the washing machine and see what happens. I even put them in the dryer when they were done as an experiment. They didn't fall apart or get ruined at all. In fact the only noticable differences were that they were softer and cleaner.

I would try it if I were you. What's the worst that could happen? I doubt it will cause the washing machine to explode, blowing up the neighborhood. You should at least be able to extend their usage by a few visits to the practice range.

You can wash them quite often. I've been putting mine in the washing machine for years and then air drying in the dryer. The air drying keeps them from hardening. The first time I did it I used hot water and then stuck it in the dryer. When it was done I opened the dryer and couldn't find that glove. Strangely I did happen to find a stick of beef jerky with a FootJoy tatoo on it. Just use cold water and tumble dry without heat or drip dry and those gloves will last 3 times as long.

Ok, maybe I'll give it a try with my old ones too. I tried washing them in the sink and when they dried they were crispy. This could come in handy during the beginning of the season when my gloves always get mud on them (lift and clean, with my glove hand, not too bright) . This time of the year on into the summer I usually start to wear a hole in them before they get enough dirt to get slippery. BTW any of you guys know where I can get the Mizuno Techno-Flex, the one with the yellow M. I had one a while back and it was the best, now I can't find them anywhere.

I can't believe nobody's said it yet....

FLEXSEED OIL!!!

Also Callaway sells a pack of two gloves which i have found to last for a few weeks and are very comfortable and durable.(WARBIRD) I think the majority of gloves will wear over time especcialy if you play a few times a week.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/en.ACCESSORIES.Gloves.html

TOM
    "1 PUTTS PREFFERED!"

Smile I Wash Mine By Hand In The Sink - Takes 5 Minutes At Most

Just use dish washing liquid or soap from the laundry. I put the glove on and than stick my hand in the water and than pour soap into the palm. Than I just scrub like I was washing my hands. They come out great.

I have always heard about the leather drying out. The key is not to put it in the dryer with hot air. I usually just hang mine to dry off a hanger. After its dry take some baseball glove oil or other leather oil and rub it in.

Ta-da new glove.

Quote Originally Posted by tincanman99
    After its dry take some baseball glove oil or other leather oil and rub it in.
    You're killing me with the oil bro, I don't want to go looking in some bushes for my 5 iron. Oily Glove = Oily Grip

Thread Information