|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

need driver that will give me more distance

currently use mac v foil 13degree loft
    i am a 5 feet tall ladie and my current drives average 200 yards

i would like to hear what drivers people started with and what new ones gave them xtra distance

Who doesn't?

Hi there,I just purchased a new taylormade burner,tried the first time on the course yesterday,long and straight,where before I would slice rt and high,before same course shoot a 98 yesterday shoot a 87.The ball definately went where I wanted it to go,good luck on the links.dano

I bought a new bag last week and my score also dropped from 98 to 87...

It ain't the clubs people. If you're hitting a driver from 1995 it might be...but other than that. Take a lesson and practice.

Interesting, I just bought a new pair of shoe made-in-china and I also dropped my score from 98 to 86. I am thinking of getting a new set of Mizuno iron which would allow me to go from 86 to 75

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    I bought some of those tees with a step, they only go down so far, went from 98 to 73 after a six pack even.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Got my Ft-5 Imix today and slapped one of those whiteboards in it . 73 gram x, and just bombed the ball today with 13 fairways. I never thought of the I mix and figured that I have been missing out a great driver. Im glad my curiosity proved golden.
    A.K.A StrokeGuru

Quote Originally Posted by collegegolfer
    I bought a new bag last week and my score also dropped from 98 to 87...

It ain't the clubs people. If you're hitting a driver from 1995 it might be...but other than that. Take a lesson and practice.
    I disagree my prev driver had such a flexing shaft that the club wasn"t where it should be at impact.

PS,I never said that a new driver was responsible for a better game but it probably didn"t hurt,a renewed confidence in driving who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by donbren

i would like to hear what drivers people started with and what new ones gave them xtra distance
    Donbren - it woul be helpful if you could post a video of your swing.

Lorenzo
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Donbren - it woul be helpful if you could post a video of your swing.

Lorenzo
    O yea.

Every modern driver goes the same difference. You can pick up a few yards by reducing spin and getting the optimum launch angle. Hit the driver you keep in play the best. That will help your scores more than anything.

You can bogie almost any hole in the US and par most of them with a 200 yard drive in the fairway (Bethpage Black excepted).

Get the driver that you are most comfortable with. Get this factors in sequence:

1. Consistency
    2. Accuracy
    3. Distance

Remember that the distance comes last.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesll9
    Every modern driver goes the same difference. You can pick up a few yards by reducing spin and getting the optimum launch angle. Hit the driver you keep in play the best. That will help your scores more than anything.

You can bogie almost any hole in the US and par most of them with a 200 yard drive in the fairway (Bethpage Black excepted).
    James is correct.
    There are two ways to gain distance.
    Get a shaft/head combination that gives optimum launch and spin rates. You can even throw the right ball into the equation.
    The other way is to increase your swing speed and hit it harder.
    Unless this is coupled with keeping control of the ballflight it will be counter productive.
    I have recently found a great driver that suits me very well. I don't really hit it further than others I have had, but the consistancy of fairways hit is greatly improved. This has given me the chance to score better.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Donbren is not asking about whether or not to get lessons, or what driver will be more accurate or how to lower overall score. The post is about driver distance.

I started with a 13 degree driver myself & once I was hitting it consistently I found that I got more distance by decreasing my loft to 10.5' to get a better trajectory.

From my own experience I found the Ping G10 to be the longest driver I have tried. I have owned the Macgregor MT460, Taylor Made R7, Big Bertha & played a round with new Callaway FTIQ.

I think the best option is to get out to a demo day and test lots of different drivers with different loft & shaft combo's. That is how I found out what ultimately works for me.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mobdeep
    Donbren is not asking about whether or not to get lessons, or what driver will be more accurate or how to lower overall score. The post is about driver distance.

Good luck!
    This sounds more like a driving rangers' conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    James is correct.
    There are two ways to gain distance.
    Get a shaft/head combination that gives optimum launch and spin rates. You can even throw the right ball into the equation.
    The other way is to increase your swing speed and hit it harder.
    Unless this is coupled with keeping control of the ballflight it will be counter productive.
    I have recently found a great driver that suits me very well. I don't really hit it further than others I have had, but the consistancy of fairways hit is greatly improved. This has given me the chance to score better.
    third way is to opt for a longer shaft, say 46-47 inches

Dont get me wrong though, I agree with everything you guys have said above !

I started with a 13 degree driver myself & once I was hitting it consistently I found that I got more distance by decreasing my loft to 10.5' to get a better trajectory.

From my own experience I found the Ping G10 to be the longest driver I have tried. I have owned the Macgregor MT460, Taylor Made R7, Big Bertha & played a round with new Callaway FTIQ.

I think the best option is to get out to a demo day and test lots of different drivers with different loft & shaft combo's. That is how I found out what ultimately works for me.

Good luck!
    thank you i did and found out the lighter drivers designed for a short womens slower swing speeds made it possible to go with a longer shaft and not lose speed
    longer shaft equals longer drive
    came with a warning dont let my husband pound on it he will break it way to light for him

Dont get me wrong though, I agree with everything you guys have said above !
    and i am an experienced player in my younger days i played in college and even gave some lessons to others

dont let my husband pound on it he will break it way to tight for him
    OK donbren, what is this all about? This is a respectable golf forum, not some playground for you to embarrass us with your gutter-talk.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    OK donbren, what is this all about? This is a respectable golf forum, not some playground for you to embarrass us with your gutter-talk.
    oops typo meant light

Which is the second way. You've just increase the radius of your swing which increases the swing speed.

Most people would be better of shortening their driver. Hitting the ball on the sweet spot will give you more average distance gains then swinging faster with a longer shaft and missing the sweet spot.

This thread has made it 23 posts without a Hammer reference? What the hell has happened to this forum?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

thank you i did and found out the lighter drivers designed for a short womens slower swing speeds made it possible to go with a longer shaft and not lose speed
    longer shaft equals longer drive
    came with a warning dont let my husband pound on it he will break it way to light for him
    Longer shaft equals greater shot dispersion which all of us want to avoid. Are you Larry's wife ?

It is not the driver. My wife swings a man's 580xd-- and hits it on a good trajectory. Her best is 200 yards. That is about the average longest drive among the women in any golf club. Annika only hit her best 250 or so, but usually down around 230 if the truth were known. That's why the red tees are so far in front of the men's tees.

Just hit it straight and then hit the next shot straight on on. Driver distance is overrated-- the important shot is the green approach. If you can hit greens from 120ish, you can shoot par.

DON'T hit into trouble trying for another meaningless 10 yards. That is stupid high handicap stuff.

Larry

longer shaft does not always mean pơơr ball dispersion, I am 5'6" and my TEE driver is 47" and I can hit 80% fairway with some extra distance. Use whatever works for you

There is a difference between having the ball landed on right and having the ball landed on the left; though the ball is in the fairway on both occasions. At some holes, there will be a clear path on one side and an obstacle like a tree on the other side where one would not be able to make an attack.

So, if you can maintain that sort of accuracy with a longer shaft, why not go ahead.

Thread Information