|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Anyone use RP Rifle Flighted Shafts?

Hi
    I am currently looking into the posibility of getting all of my shafts matched. I currently use:

3w: Uniflex
    BH-5 3-P: Apex 4 (True Temper)
    56,56,60: Dynamic Gold R300

In my old Titleist blades (going back 10 years) I had Dynamic Gold R300s which I liked the feel of but the ball flight was too high. I then purchased a set of Titleist 990s with S300 shafts which had a better ball flight, but mentally I always felt as though I needed to hit the ball a little harder on the longer irons, rather than swinging the club.

The current Apex 4s seem to be a good shaft, with decent distance and accuracy, but I have no idea if the wedges need to take Taper or parallel shafts (Apex 4 are Taper) or whether I could actually get them for that matter, obviously I need to look into this.

I have never hit a Royal Precision shaft before but after stumbling across there site was curious about the Rifle Flighted shafts. I understand the concept, lower short irons - more control, higher long irons - more confidence/carry but does it work? The chart on the web site shows that all irons carry with a similar trajectory, is it really like that?

I roughly carry: 8i 145-150, 7i 155-160, 6i 165-170, 5i 175-180 but have a slow smooth tempo with good release. Last time I was on a launch monitor my club head speed ranged from 85-90mph with a 6 iron. Although its not as simple as looking at a table, taking the lower speed from the RP web page I am guessing a 5.5 would be a good shaft to try?

I have a spare BH-5 6i with an Apex 3 shaft which I am going to use for testing the shafts.

Any thoughts or advice on them would be great.

Regards
    Stu

I play rifles in all of my irons. I think they're a great shaft, I just hope now that True Temper owns them, they keep producing that shaft. It flights the ball a little higher that the TT Dynamic Gold, and I think has a better feel. IMHO

TheRod
    "Fairways and greens, and don't forget to wave."

The Tour Flighted Shafts are a great shaft used by many pros. I had Dynamic Golf S300 on my MP-60's but when I demoed my MP-60's I also hit another Iron that had the TF Shafts and fel in love with them so I changed. Best Shaft Out.

Thread Information