|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

short game practice and etiquette

so am i correct to assume that they are unwritten rules when practicing your short game? let me be specific, when someone is out practicing their pitching and trap shots and hitting at a particular flag, is it a no-no to start hitting at that flag when there are 4 other avaialbe flags and nobody else out practicing?

i'm thinking that that is a no-no and that is why i said something to the person that did that to me, not once, but three f'ing times!! this little lady (hardly a lady i later found out) was out practicing. the facility has a total of 5 flag sticks but 4 are kind of clustered together with one off to the side. she was shooting at the cluster so i went to the solo one to stay out of her way. after 15 minutes or so she starts shooting at the flag i'm going for. i felt that was a little rude but no worries, i went to get my balls and move and the next thing i know a ball comes rolling by my feet! now, i made a point to wait until she wasn't hitting before i went to retrieve my balls. i figured she had her head down so i blew it off. i took my balls and went over to the far side of the practice green to work at another flag. about 10 minutes go by and all of sudden here she comes firing at the flag i've moved to. i'm frustrated now so i go to retrieve my balls and move on and wouldn't you know it, here comes another ball rolling by my feet! again, i said nothing and moved a second time. unfortunately, my mind was now fixated on her and my short game went ****. i decided to call it a day and went to go retrieve balls again and... yup you guessed it, another ball comes rolling by me.

now, i'm very aware of where i'm at and where others are at and i make it a point to not walk between folks and where there aiming for. i also refrain from hitting when someone has walked up to gather their balls. having someone be so inconsiderate really got into my head and i finally did say something as i was leaving. her response was that it was my problem and that she had to work on her different distances!

so, do i have a right to be upset or am i totally out in left field thinking that such common courtesy should be displayed in the practice area?

I'd be pissed too

Quote Originally Posted by chemboy2
    so am i correct to assume that they are unwritten rules when practicing your short game? let me be specific, when someone is out practicing their pitching and trap shots and hitting at a particular flag, is it a no-no to start hitting at that flag when there are 4 other avaialbe flags and nobody else out practicing?

i'm thinking that that is a no-no and that is why i said something to the person that did that to me, not once, but three f'ing times!! this little lady (hardly a lady i later found out) was out practicing. the facility has a total of 5 flag sticks but 4 are kind of clustered together with one off to the side. she was shooting at the cluster so i went to the solo one to stay out of her way. after 15 minutes or so she starts shooting at the flag i'm going for. i felt that was a little rude but no worries, i went to get my balls and move and the next thing i know a ball comes rolling by my feet! now, i made a point to wait until she wasn't hitting before i went to retrieve my balls. i figured she had her head down so i blew it off. i took my balls and went over to the far side of the practice green to work at another flag. about 10 minutes go by and all of sudden here she comes firing at the flag i've moved to. i'm frustrated now so i go to retrieve my balls and move on and wouldn't you know it, here comes another ball rolling by my feet! again, i said nothing and moved a second time. unfortunately, my mind was now fixated on her and my short game went ****. i decided to call it a day and went to go retrieve balls again and... yup you guessed it, another ball comes rolling by me.

now, i'm very aware of where i'm at and where others are at and i make it a point to not walk between folks and where there aiming for. i also refrain from hitting when someone has walked up to gather their balls. having someone be so inconsiderate really got into my head and i finally did say something as i was leaving. her response was that it was my problem and that she had to work on her different distances!

so, do i have a right to be upset or am i totally out in left field thinking that such common courtesy should be displayed in the practice area?
    I think I know what you are talking about here.

You are in a "private mentality" where all you want to do is get in a zone and just block out everything and focus on what you are trying to do.

She was a rude jerk. It would piss me off also.

Thread Information