|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Do you guys buy this?

www.ngcgolf.com

they claim to have a driver that out hit major manufacturer's drivers by 20~40 yards
    is this a reliable claim??

test it out and get back to us

lol

they are located in Yalesville, CT and they don't sell it to golf shops but only take orders straight from their company. if it wasn't for that i would have demoed it...

i mean it sounds pretty good..

NO...unless it's non-conforming. Every new driver on the market (about every 4 months or so) claims to out drive the previous model, has more forgivness, and is made with a bigger sweet spot. It's a bunch of BS. I've played around with dozens of drivers made from the 80's until now. There might be a 10 yard difference between each of them, but nothing I can notice. If you want a true test of drivers, buy a robotic swing arm, use the same shaft on each head, the same swing speed in the same weather conditions, and use the same ball. The technology of titanium has not changed.

If you read old advertisments for drivers in the early 90's, you'll see a lot of the same "technological breakthroughs" as today. These companies are capitalizing on the wide-eyed golfaholic, who easily forgets the anotomical make-up of titanium has not changed - ever, and tells them this is the latest and greatest technology ever, and will icrease their distance just by swinging a new club.

Tiger woods has changed his driver several times with different shaft lengths in both steel and graphite. The biggest difference was his noticed when he went to a longer shaft (he used to use a 43.5" driver).

His driver usage:
    Titleist 975D, Nike Forged Titanium, Nike Ignite, and Nike SQ. He used a few different shafts with each and lofts ranging from 6.5* to 9.5*.

His driving distance for each year since he turned pro:
    2006 301.6
    2005 316.1
    2004 301.9
    2003 299.5
    2002 293.3
    2001 297.6
    2000 298.0
    1999 293.1
    1998 296.3
    1997 294.8
    1996 302.8

With the exception of 2005, his driving average (I know it includes fairway woods and irons) has fluxuated between 9 yards. This is proof that the "revolutionary" technology in the modern drivers is only a marketing scheme.

It's funny to listen to all of those people who claim to have gained 30 yards with their new >insert over-priced name brand here< Driver. It's all mental. If you are holding something that tells you that you will hit if farther, you will take a harder swing, and vuala, a further drive! If you take that same swing with your old club, you will probably carry the same distance. For a real change in performance, look at the shaft before the head (or your swing for that matter).

In short. Do I buy that this driver is longer. NO!

PS-sorry for the rant. This was not a slam on the original post. I get really worked up when I see crap like that advertised.

bdgiant thank you

thanks for the reply and i have another coming question from that reply

i am using a driver from a minor golf manufacturer: Acer

and i certainly feel a difference between that and other major manufacturers' drivers.

so is the thing you were saying only include the comparison between major manufacturers?

A buddy of mine bought the Controller Driving Iron a few years back based on the claims that it was easy to hit and replaced your driver. Since he can't hit a driver at all, it sounded like a dream come true. Well, the claims on their website sounded too good to be true and the result was.......yup.....too good to be true. He tried it for several rounds before he finally gave up on it.

The funny thing is that I hadn't played golf with him in about a year and a half until about two weeks ago and he still had it in his bag. I laughed and asked if he has been using it and his response was "hell no!!! I just never took it out".

This driver has been out for many years now and if it could perform as stated, everyone would be using it. But since that is not true.............

Controller Driver

thanks so much for the reply based on experience .. great reply..

and I was wondering.. did you hear any thing about the actual driver that came out..

the 460.. with the coating .. the one that's going for $99

Quote Originally Posted by bdgiant
    NO...unless it's non-conforming. Every new driver on the market (about every 4 months or so) claims to out drive the previous model, has more forgivness, and is made with a bigger sweet spot. It's a bunch of BS. I've played around with dozens of drivers made from the 80's until now. There might be a 10 yard difference between each of them, but nothing I can notice. If you want a true test of drivers, buy a robotic swing arm, use the same shaft on each head, the same swing speed in the same weather conditions, and use the same ball. The technology of titanium has not changed.

If you read old advertisments for drivers in the early 90's, you'll see a lot of the same "technological breakthroughs" as today. These companies are capitalizing on the wide-eyed golfaholic, who easily forgets the anotomical make-up of titanium has not changed - ever, and tells them this is the latest and greatest technology ever, and will icrease their distance just by swinging a new club.

Tiger woods has changed his driver several times with different shaft lengths in both steel and graphite. The biggest difference was his noticed when he went to a longer shaft (he used to use a 43.5" driver).

His driver usage:
    Titleist 975D, Nike Forged Titanium, Nike Ignite, and Nike SQ. He used a few different shafts with each and lofts ranging from 6.5* to 9.5*.

2006 301.6
    2005 316.1
    2004 301.9
    2003 299.5
    2002 293.3
    2001 297.6
    2000 298.0
    1999 293.1
    1998 296.3
    1997 294.8
    1996 302.8

With the exception of 2005, his driving average (I know it includes fairway woods and irons) has fluxuated between 9 yards. This is proof that the "revolutionary" technology in the modern drivers is only a marketing scheme.

It's funny to listen to all of those people who claim to have gained 30 yards with their new >insert over-priced name brand here< Driver. It's all mental. If you are holding something that tells you that you will hit if farther, you will take a harder swing, and vuala, a further drive! If you take that same swing with your old club, you will probably carry the same distance. For a real change in performance, look at the shaft before the head (or your swing for that matter).

PS-sorry for the rant. This was not a slam on the original post. I get really worked up when I see crap like that advertised.
    um... Tiger is older now so thats a good thing that he has benn able to keep the realative same distanced through technology (he's also heavier which might not help him the same way it does john daley)

Also, ive tried that golf ball, i tried it a long time ago when i was starting golf and loved it, not because it was a good ball, but because it had a red bird on it... ive found one recently and tried it, its comparable to an Wilson Ultra (however old those are too..).
    I feel sorry for Skeet boy's cat...

The company claims to have been in business for over 25 years.

You ever hear anyone talk about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter72
    The company claims to have been in business for over 25 years.

You ever hear anyone talk about them?
    nope they alway put adds in magizine sayimg "a small compary in Coneticut is grabbing up the right to this but it can be your for just..." its a load

in this site if you go to the "hot deals" section on the top
    you can find NGC golf and

yeah they do appear in major magazines.. saying that.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by KrnGolfer
    www.ngcgolf.com

they claim to have a driver that out hit major manufacturer's drivers by 20~40 yards
    is this a reliable claim??
    It might be true....but is it USGA approved for play...?? Hell I can put a brick on a stick and claim to hit a ball 1000 yards....they say one is born every minute........Hey, want to buy a new hot stick..?? LOL

sounds like a load of $h!t to me

I fell for that ad quite a few years ago. The driver was nothing special whatsoever, and not particularly long or accurate in my hands.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by bdgiant

His driver usage:

2006 301.6
    2005 316.1
    2004 301.9
    2003 299.5
    2002 293.3
    2001 297.6
    2000 298.0
    1999 293.1
    1998 296.3
    1997 294.8
    1996 302.8

Oops, you have missed something....this year Tiger is playing a Nike Sasquatch....regular model (not the tour model) with a graphite shaft...

pmoper,
    Nike SQ is shorthand for Sasquatch.

And to whoever said Tiger is 'old'... gimme a break... old is a relative term, but the guy is still in awesome shape.
    If you think technology is what's doing it, hand him a persimmon driver, you use an R7 (or HiBore, if you're like Tucan) and see who drives farther.

Thread Information