|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Callaway golf customer service

Man do they have great customer service.

I found out this past weekend that I was givin the wrong headcover for X460 tour. I played with a guy who had the same club, except that instead of the black and blue headcover, he had a slick black and grey kevlar looking one.
    So today I called the store I bought it from and they said they would exchange it no problem, they apologized and I said I would grab it next time I am in town. The store is 1 hour and 15 minutes away.
    For the heck of it I also called Callaway customer service. They took down my info and said they will have one sent to me. They said they will overnight it so I should have it tomorrow. I was stunned. In this day and age of crappy customer service I was very suprised, especially to have a real person answer the phone.

I am officially a Callaway whore, lock, stock and barrel.

Callaway once overnighted me the number tag for my Hogan CFT Hybrid headcover. I was impressed.

i bought a x460 a little while ago, but didnt like it, and it now sits in my friends basement. they also gave me the wrong headcover!!

what number did you call, and did they ask for purchase info, or anything to identify that you bought the club, becuase i cant go get it right now.

i want to call them right now, but if they are gonna ask for all the club serial numbers and stuff i cant call right now.
    Driver- Taylormade R5 Dual Neutral 9.5
    3 wood- Callaway Big Bertha Warbird

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

Putter- odyssey 2 ball clone

Wedges- rac satin 52*, callaway forged 56* and taylormade rac satin 60*

looking for a cobra baffler 2/R hybrid and a taylormade v steel 3 wood/nike sasquatch 3 wood to replace my hard to hit callaway warbird 3 wood

I had my club registered, so when I gave them my name and address, that was all they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG
    I had my club registered, so when I gave them my name and address, that was all they needed.
    what do you need to register youre club??(serial number??) and what number did you call??

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

looking for a cobra baffler 2/R hybrid and a taylormade v steel 3 wood/nike sasquatch 3 wood to replace my hard to hit callaway warbird 3 wood

what clubhead cover is it supposed to have??
    the one that i have is black and blue
    ??
    callaway x460 10* regular fujikira, mid kick
    adams ovation 3 wood regular
    callaway big bertha heavenwood 4h regular flex
    tommy armour 845s 4-pw
    titleist vokey oil can 60/4, 56/14, 52/8
    taylormade rossa indy putter
    all with winn w5 grips
    titleist nxt

handicap- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by whitesox350z
    what clubhead cover is it supposed to have??
    the one that i have is black and blue
    ??
    im not sure, but i think its just the x460 tour that has the black and silver, and the regular that has the black and blue...

correct me if im wrong

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

also, i just called an hour ago, the are off for today and they were off yesterday as well...

so i will call back tomorrow...

lyle, how did you call when they are closed, what number did you use??

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

I called the Canadian customer service number from Callaways website.

You don't even have to be registered to get great customer service.

I bought some irons off ebay (Hawk Eye), and the medallions were starting to come off.
    I called them up asking if I could purchase some replacements, since quite a few were dinged up as well and/or bent.

They actually apologised for the problem, took down my information, and sent me a pre-paid shipping label.

I packed them up in a box, sent them off, and Callaway not only replaced all the medallions with brand-new ones, they also refinished the clubheads.

I had them back in five days.

I'm also now a Callaway whore... they totally understand what customer service is all about.

Thanks for the heads up Lyle. I too fell victim to the old cover switch-a-roo so I drove to the retailer tonight and got the proper one. Much flashier on the tour model for sure. The girl at the counter asked me if it made any difference. Can you believe that. That head cover is an easy ten extra yards or so.

Quote Originally Posted by meantime
    Thanks for the heads up Lyle. I too fell victim to the old cover switch-a-roo so I drove to the retailer tonight and got the proper one. Much flashier on the tour model for sure. The girl at the counter asked me if it made any difference. Can you believe that. That head cover is an easy ten extra yards or so.

Damn right its a nicer head cover. I know it is only cosmetic, but I insist on getting what I paid for. Besides, if I ever go and sell the club its nice to have the proper headcover for it.

ive never owned a Callaway club (dont care for Callaway's clubs) but if they are anything like PING then there customer service is great. PING is fast with thier customer service tokk the less than and hour to bend my irons.

How do you like the x460 tour. I am wanting to get a 9.5 pform stiff just like yours. just curious to see what you think of it. Feel, forgiveness, trajectory, distance, stuff like that.
    thanks, Mike

I love it. I honestly believe it is the best driver I have ever hit. Perfect trajectory for my swing, feels great, is quite forgiving, especially distance wise. Speaking of distance, I have never hit the ball this far, this straight, this often. It sets up real nice and square and the ball just rockets of the face. This is a great golf club.

Great! thanks 4 the reply.

I love it. I honestly believe it is the best driver I have ever hit. Perfect trajectory for my swing, feels great, is quite forgiving, especially distance wise. Speaking of distance, I have never hit the ball this far, this straight, this often. It sets up real nice and square and the ball just rockets of the face. This is a great golf club.
    I'll second this. Cally is a sweet mistress.

Anything classically designed. I hate fake hills, waterfalls, and houses on golf courses.
    I think you'll find that similar customer service exists pretty much across the board with all of the major manufacturers. If a club is inside of the warranty, they will all pretty much cater to whatever need you have.

It's usually best to take your golf club to a retail store. I worked for International Golf Discount for three years and we knew exactly how to word situations so that the customer would never be charged for club maintenence. Shafts were never broken in anger, and dummy marks just happened to exist on the crown of the clubs that had a "dead face".
    Golf is a great game and all, but I definitely don't think it's something to tuck your shirt in over.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusCrizzle
    I think you'll find that similar customer service exists pretty much across the board with all of the major manufacturers. If a club is inside of the warranty, they will all pretty much cater to whatever need you have.

It's usually best to take your golf club to a retail store. I worked for International Golf Discount for three years and we knew exactly how to word situations so that the customer would never be charged for club maintenence. Shafts were never broken in anger, and dummy marks just happened to exist on the crown of the clubs that had a "dead face".
    Well, my clubs were from 2000, I bought them used, and they were a mismatched set (a different 3-iron).

How many manufacturers would do a warranty claim on a second-hand, six-year-old set of mismatched golf clubs?

If you're within the warranty period, then all manufacturers are required by law to take care of the problem... what sets Callaway apart is the fact that this type of customer service doesn't stop once the warranty is up.

The other nice thing about Callaway is the fact that when you call their customer service number, within two minutes (give or take), you're talking to a live human being.

wow, they sent you a brand new headcover? holy crap, that is awesome. I think i'll go out and buy all new Callaway stuff now. Hopefulyl I get the right headcovers, if not I know I'll get the correct ones the next day!!

Duds, its too bad Cally doesnt sell brains, because you apparently didnt get yours.

As for the customer service, I got my head cover today and 2 sleeves of HX tours, and 2 sleeves of HX tour 56's. Talk about sweet.

oh my God, what a company!!!! that's it, I'm going to get fitted for all Cally stuff this weekend. LMAO!!!

Duds, its too bad Cally doesnt sell brains, because you apparently didnt get yours.

As for the customer service, I got my head cover today and 2 sleeves of HX tours, and 2 sleeves of HX tour 56's. Talk about sweet.

boy, you sure r clever.

If you ever get to go to a Callaway Golf Performance Center, then you'll be even more impressed with them. There are only 5 centers in the US. I went to the one in King of Prussia, PA (near Philly) before buying my X-18 Pros. The information that you get regarding your swing is unbelievable. Unfortunately, the clubs are not working out so well for me. Maybe that great customer service team will offer to take them back so I can go get a new set of Mizunos.

where are the other 4 centers located?

Vegas, California, and New Jersey. Here's a link:

http://www.callawaygolf.com/en.cg.Cu...ceCenters.html

i just called them and explained to them the same thing that you said. the guy took my address and name, and said the headcover would be shipped right out.

i hope they include balls with mine too!!

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

They most likely will. I spoke with the service guy for about 5 minutes. He asked my thoughts on the driver, so I told him. He then asked if my irons were still OK, or if they needed any adjustments, saying that it would be free up to one year from purchase. I said they are great as well, minus the crappy grips. He said he had heard a few complaints about the grips being slippery, but unfortunately there are no plans to change the stock grip. I told him golf pride multi's would make a great stock grip. It was a pleasant little golf chat, it really was.

You mean to tell me they didnt send you new grips? I thought you said they had exceptional customer service?

They most likely will. I spoke with the service guy for about 5 minutes. He asked my thoughts on the driver, so I told him. He then asked if my irons were still OK, or if they needed any adjustments, saying that it would be free up to one year from purchase. I said they are great as well, minus the crappy grips. He said he had heard a few complaints about the grips being slippery, but unfortunately there are no plans to change the stock grip. I told him golf pride multi's would make a great stock grip. It was a pleasant little golf chat, it really was.

I re-gripped the day I bought them. But thanks for your concern Duds'y old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    You mean to tell me they didnt send you new grips? I thought you said they had exceptional customer service?
    Oh, they do. I was driving home from the store after I bought a Big Bertha driver and got my car a little dirty. I called up Callaway to complain and they sent me a brand new car. The trunk was chock full of head covers and HX Tours too!

Jealously, what a wonderful thing. Are you having warrenty trouble with your indonesian knock-offs?

LMAO!!!!! that was great. Hey any chance I can get one of those HX Tours, I hear they are the same ball as the Slazenger, I want to do a test...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Oh, they do. I was driving home from the store after I bought a Big Bertha driver and got my car a little dirty. I called up Callaway to complain and they sent me a brand new car. The trunk was chock full of head covers and HX Tours too!

no troubles at all, Ping was smart enough to provide the right head cover in the first place....LOL!!!

Jealously, what a wonderful thing. Are you having warrenty trouble with your indonesian knock-offs?

Are you talking about my car or my clubs?
    Come to think of it, my car has been sucking lately. Time to call Callaway!! I've transported a few HX Tours in the trunk so they're probably liable.

LOL! Good one.

Duds,

why all the sarcasm? Believe it or not, this is BIG deal as I have tried to contact Taylormade, Bridgestone and other with no luck. Only Callaway replied and actually sent me a replacement headcover when it was lost. Sonartec just tells you to goto their website and BUY a replacement. I know getting a replacement headcover is no biggie but like others have said, it is a GREAT customer service.

Duds is stupid, simple as that.

Because Lyle is a retard

Quote Originally Posted by xender
    Duds,

why all the sarcasm? Believe it or not, this is BIG deal as I have tried to contact Taylormade, Bridgestone and other with no luck. Only Callaway replied and actually sent me a replacement headcover when it was lost. Sonartec just tells you to goto their website and BUY a replacement. I know getting a replacement headcover is no biggie but like others have said, it is a GREAT customer service.

someone who posts about great customer service because they got a free "bad ass" headcover is calling someone stupid? LOL!!!! good one Lillie.

Duds is stupid, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    someone who posts about great customer service because they got a free "bad ass" headcover is calling someone stupid? LOL!!!! good one Lillie.
    I fail to see how one has anything to do with the other... maybe you could enlighten us, oh great player of the Pings?

I only have a Ping driver. Very nice club, and came with its very own bad ass head cover.

Quote Originally Posted by graffixjones
    I fail to see how one has anything to do with the other... maybe you could enlighten us, oh great player of the Pings?

duds, i dont see what your problem is... lyle told us about how he got a free headcover, and i got one too...

i just found out my friend sold the x460(well i did give it to him) so they are providing a free headcover to me, and i dont even have the driver anymore.

so if you want to make a quick buck, call them up ask for a replacement headcover, and sell it on ebay!!

you dont have to be so sarcastic all the time!!

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

Quote Originally Posted by footballking732
    duds, i dont see what your problem is... lyle told us about how he got a free headcover, and i got one too...

i just found out my friend sold the x460(well i did give it to him) so they are providing a free headcover to me, and i dont even have the driver anymore.

so if you want to make a quick buck, call them up ask for a replacement headcover, and sell it on ebay!!

With stupid arse ideas like that it's a wonder more companies don't offer "great" customer service. You've done yourself proud, I'm sure your parents are smiling on the inside.

I've had nothing but top notch support from Callaway. No one has come in to say otherwise or offered up a horror story on Callaway which is unheard of with most other threads regarding a companies reputation. That speaks for itself.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by neverman
    With stupid arse ideas like that it's a wonder more companies don't offer "great" customer service. You've done yourself proud, I'm sure your parents are smiling on the inside.

I've had nothing but top notch support from Callaway. No one has come in to say otherwise or offered up a horror story on Callaway which is unheard of with most other threads regarding a companies reputation. That speaks for itself.
    i never said anything about me lying.... i actually owned a x460 tour. i found out that my friend didnt have it anymore, after i requested the headcover.

i do not plan on selling the headcover on ebay, i just will use it for my CALLAWAY 3 wood or use it on my TM r5, i hate the TM headcover, it is soo hard to put on and off.

i actually called back to tell them that i dont have it anymore, and they actually said "oh well, you can still have the headcover"

now that is customer service.

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

I think that Callaway understands that having a thoroughly satisfied customer does more for their bottom line in the long run than pinching pennies does in the short-term.

I know that if I ever buy any more irons, I'm choosing Callaway... so they've already secured a future sale.

Eli Callaway used to personally deliver clubs in the trunk of his Cadillac, and it's nice to see that his penchance for treating the customer like they're the lifeblood of your business still holds true.

I may even look at Callaway drivers in the future when mine needs replacing, though I'm pretty happy with my TM 540XD right now, and don't have any immediate plans to replace it.

Yes, thats exactly what I had in mind when I posted. Good god man, have some fukcing dignity.

If you don't see what my issue with this sentence is than it would be a waste of my time spelling it out for you.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    I am officially a Callaway whore, lock, stock and barrel.
    how times change.....
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    how times change.....
    Is this irony or hypocrisy?
    Never trust a whore.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

[Man do they have great customer service.

I found out this past weekend that I was givin the wrong headcover for X460 tour. I played with a guy who had the same club, except that instead of the black and blue headcover, he had a slick black and grey kevlar looking one.
    So today I called the store I bought it from and they said they would exchange it no problem, they apologized and I said I would grab it next time I am in town. The store is 1 hour and 15 minutes away.
    For the heck of it I also called Callaway customer service. They took down my info and said they will have one sent to me. They said they will overnight it so I should have it tomorrow. I was stunned. In this day and age of crappy customer service I was very suprised, especially to have a real person answer the phone.

I am officially a Callaway whore, lock, stock and barrel.]

LyleG : I am just curious... Why do you use Callaway driver when you are a club builder?

Well I'm completely pissed. Your car was dirty, Callaway gave you a brand new one; mine was dirty and all they did was wash it. It's pretty obvious their customer service isn't what it used to be.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I found out this past weekend that I was givin the wrong headcover for X460 tour.
    I will use the free billboard headcovers that come with woods and drivers when somebody pays me to shill for them.

Buy some decent custom headcovers, for Christ's sake. Do your part to stimulate the economy. I like the knit ones with eight inch pom poms myself. CLASS.
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 03-04-2009 at 04:56 PM.

I am officially a Callaway whore, lock, stock and barrel.]

LyleG : I am just curious... Why do you use Callaway driver when you are a club builder?
    As you can see from this post he was an OEM Club Ho back in 2006.

But somehow over the course of those past three years he evolved into a club building know it all who despises OEM's.

It's called evolution. But PINGMAN insists LyleG became a club builder in 7 days.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    As you can see from this post he was an OEM Club Ho back in 2006.

But somehow over the course of those past three years he evolved into a club building know it all who despises OEM's.

It's called evolution. But PINGMAN insists LyleG became a club builder in 7 days.
    Just checking... Just like what I've said, data don't lie

yeah, i cracked the face on my cally 3 wood, they put the shaft i wanted in a new one and gave me the 3 wood i wanted (not the one i had) and mailed it to me no questions asked. best customer service i've ever seen

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    yeah, i cracked the face on my cally 3 wood, they put the shaft i wanted in a new one and gave me the 3 wood i wanted (not the one i had) and mailed it to me no questions asked. best customer service i've ever seen

Omen
    Great customer service, sh!tty product that keeps breaking. Mizuno may have the worst customer service in the world, but I wouldn't know because I've never any reason to call them.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Great customer service, sh!tty product that keeps breaking. Mizuno may have the worst customer service in the world, but I wouldn't know because I've never any reason to call them.
    I am still trying to understand... If Mizuno clubs are great then how come too many of them on eBay? interesting

I am still trying to understand... If Mizuno clubs are great then how come too many of them on eBay? interesting
    It's an example. Feel free to replace Mizuno with any other company. Do you have any metrics to support your ebay claim or is this just coming from your ass? I have concrete examples of Callaway's inferior products and lack of attention to detail all throughout this thread.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

It's an example. Feel free to replace Mizuno with any other company. Do you have any metrics to support your ebay claim or is this just coming from your ass? I have concrete examples of Callaway's inferior products and lack of attention to detail all throughout this thread.
    Easy enough, just go into ebay and check it out yourself

Kiwi,

Lyle isn't the only thing that has evolved. The start of this thread had me thinking I was on shittalk. HB and Duds (he was before my time but seemed pretty sensible) brought some GR decorum to proceedings, but that early gushing and gay shite had shittalk all over it. Thankfully GR has evolved and the knob polishers are now in the minority.

Pky, if you are talking about new clubs on ebay, why the fuk wouldn't there be lots of Mizuno's available? Ebay is a legitimate place to sell products, so if you have a good product of course you are going to sell them there. If you are talking about second hand, take a look at the age of model still attracting a good price. It is testament to the quality of their product that 5 plus year old clubs are still sellable. And it also shows that the guys selling them have probably held onto them for a while. Not like other OEM brands that go up for sale with "nearly brand new, only played one round" comments attached.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Kiwi,

Lyle isn't the only thing that has evolved. The start of this thread had me thinking I was on shittalk. HB and Duds (he was before my time but seemed pretty sensible) brought some GR decorum to proceedings, but that early gushing and gay shite had shittalk all over it. Thankfully GR has evolved and the knob polishers are now in the minority.

Pky, if you are talking about new clubs on ebay, why the fuk wouldn't there be lots of Mizuno's available? Ebay is a legitimate place to sell products, so if you have a good product of course you are going to sell them there. If you are talking about second hand, take a look at the age of model still attracting a good price. It is testament to the quality of their product that 5 plus year old clubs are still sellable. And it also shows that the guys selling them have probably held onto them for a while. Not like other OEM brands that go up for sale with "nearly brand new, only played one round" comments attached.

I bought mine from a Mizuno dealer that sells on ebay because there are not very many dealers around here in Oklahoma that will send the proper specs off to the factory at Mizuno. Most of them want to sell you what they have in their showroom. The guy online at ebay took my specs and sent them off to the factory to have them custom made to my specs. AND, he sold them at a competitive price. You have to love that . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Thread Information