|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

odessy 2 ball white hot vs odessy 2 ball white hot steel

I tried the odessy 2 ball white hot putter in a sporting goods store and fell in love with it. Now I see there is also an odessy 2 ball white hot steel which I havent tried but its a lot more expensive...I'm lefty so its hard to find the steel one. Which one should I get????

You really need to try them both before making the decision. I like the steel insert better but I believe when this topic came up before, more guys on this forum liked the softer touch of the white hot.

Thanks a lot shooter 72!!!!.......Why do you like the steel insert???

its all a feel thing. the white hot is softer and is money inside 6 ft, the white steel imo is harder to judge distance with, it all feels the same.

the white steel is much better on long putts. with the white hot you have to hit it a mile to get it to go 40-60 ft.
    Driver- Taylormade R5 Dual Neutral 9.5
    3 wood- Callaway Big Bertha Warbird

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

Putter- odyssey 2 ball clone

Wedges- rac satin 52*, callaway forged 56* and taylormade rac satin 60*

looking for a cobra baffler 2/R hybrid and a taylormade v steel 3 wood/nike sasquatch 3 wood to replace my hard to hit callaway warbird 3 wood

I like the steel because I don't fel like I have to "strike" the ball. I'm really bad about letting my hands turn on the stroke so I try to find a putter that's heavy with a crisp face so that I can line the putt up and let the putter do the work. Keeps me from screwing it up as much.

I have the original 2 Ball with the softer insert. I have had it for 3 years, and have often thought about switching to the Odyssey White Hot #1, but my 2 Ball always seems to know it and starts putting well again (really, it's the putter, not me), so I haven't switched.

I demo'd the White Hot Steel, and like the others have said, it was a lot harder to hit putts that require a soft touch (downhill, big breakers, short putts). It was also kind of hard to judge distance for lag putts, but this may be because I have to use a longer back stroke with my 2 Ball.

The deal breaker for me was the "feel" (sound) the clubface had at impact, especially on 25+' putts. Rather harsh compared to the softer insert in my putter. But I actually liked the grip so much, I had my pro shop put one on my putter (the red one).

Try them both, but most people like the softer insert. Good luck.
    [COLOR="Red"]TaylorMade R7 Quad 7.5* Driver
    TaylorMade Retro Tour Spoon 13* 3 Wood
    TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP 16*, 19* and 22* Hybrids
    TaylorMade Rac OS2 5-PW
    TaylorMade Rac Black 54* SW
    TaylorMade Rac Fe2O3 58* LW
    Odyssey 2 Ball 33" Putter

Drive For Show, Putt For Dough!!![/COLOR]

Gentlemen, thank you all so much for your opinions! I'm going to go with the white hot 2 ball. It's the one I tried at Dicks and fell in love with. Like I said earlier. I'm lefty so I was happy they actually had a putter for me to try...lol..............Dicks had it for $169.00 but I found it on ebay from Rockbottom golf, BRAND NEW for $119.00 +11.99 shipping.

This is a great website!!!Thanks again

yup me too.. i tried it at dicks for the first time. bam!! i loved it, and now i shopping on ebay trying to get one under $60-$50
    Driver- Taylormade R5 Dual Neutral 9.5
    3 wood- Callaway Big Bertha Warbird

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

Putter- odyssey 2 ball clone

Wedges- rac satin 52*, callaway forged 56* and taylormade rac satin 60*

looking for a cobra baffler 2/R hybrid and a taylormade v steel 3 wood/nike sasquatch 3 wood to replace my hard to hit callaway warbird 3 wood

Thread Information