|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Finally!

Finally!

It only took me 15 years but I got my first eagle tonight! 195 or so out after the drive, stuck a 3 iron (I hate my 3 iron but my 19 degree rescue mid goes way further than 195) within 15 feet. Downhill putt, guessed the line and tapped it, it dropped and I pumped my fist.

Just felt like sharing.

nice job! i've been playing for 5-6 years (now im 14) and my best score is still a birdie...which i have a ton of
    i can't wait to get an eagle...but i have to be able to hit the long ball off the tee and have a short par 5

congrats!
    callaway x460 10* regular fujikira, mid kick
    adams ovation 3 wood regular
    callaway big bertha heavenwood 4h regular flex
    tommy armour 845s 4-pw
    titleist vokey oil can 60/4, 56/14, 52/8
    taylormade rossa indy putter
    all with winn w5 grips
    titleist nxt

handicap- 8.5

nice man! Two killer shots. I bet your tee shot was not too ugly either

Irons: Callaway X-18
    Driver: Fusion FT3 Neutral Stiff
    3-wood: Nike SQ Stiff
    Hybrid: Rescue Dual
    Putter: Yes Tracey
    Wedges: Cleveland CG10 48,52,54,60
    [B][/B]

Well done! I dropped a 20 footer for eagle last evening to go around in 35(-1). Believe me, that feeling of elation comes back every time!
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

Not only have I never scored an eagle, I only just personally witnessed my first one last week. My playing partner (not a long hitter), had one on a par 5 dogleg left around a lake. Playing unusually with the wind, his drive went approx 270 yards. His second shot was about 225-230 with a carry over the lake. He hit his 3-wood on the screws which landed a foot and a half away from the pin for his tap in.
    He was a happy guy since he's barely a 20 hdcp...his first eagle.

nice!! now time for a hole in one.. ive never had an eagle, but ive only started 1 and a half years ago and had plenty of birdies.
    Driver- Taylormade R5 Dual Neutral 9.5
    3 wood- Callaway Big Bertha Warbird

3 iron- Mizuno MP 60
    4-PW-Mizuno MP 30

Putter- odyssey 2 ball clone

Wedges- rac satin 52*, callaway forged 56* and taylormade rac satin 60*

looking for a cobra baffler 2/R hybrid and a taylormade v steel 3 wood/nike sasquatch 3 wood to replace my hard to hit callaway warbird 3 wood

Quote Originally Posted by BouncingSoul
    It only took me 15 years but I got my first eagle tonight! 195 or so out after the drive, stuck a 3 iron (I hate my 3 iron but my 19 degree rescue mid goes way further than 195) within 15 feet. Downhill putt, guessed the line and tapped it, it dropped and I pumped my fist.

Just felt like sharing.
    Bravo! Congrats, eagles are hard to get keep up the good work!
    FEA

Nicley done man.

I actully got my second eagle last night to, must be contagious.

about 50 yards out, holed out for 3.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Nicley done man.

I actully got my second eagle last night to, must be contagious.

about 50 yards out, holed out for 3.

I did the same exact thing last year for my first eagle. Par 5, about a 50 yard pitch. Of course I was by myself, no witnesses. I've hit a handful of par 5s in 2 but never made the putt. In fact I've probably 3-putted for pars more times than birdies on those holes.

Quote Originally Posted by rossg42
    In fact I've probably 3-putted for pars more times than birdies on those holes.
    I've done that 3 times this season... Yet another reason I was pumped for my first eagle!

Quote Originally Posted by BouncingSoul
    I've done that 3 times this season... Yet another reason I was pumped for my first eagle!
    me too i've missed so many eagle putts that i'm sick of it... i've had a number of eagles but if i'm on the green and like 50ft away i have real touble... i will 3-putt if i have a long putt and end up with par

Just to add a little on to my post.

It was funny A buddy I was playing with was standing right beside me and I said "I was practicing these for a few days in the back yard and this looks like the perfect distance for one of my targets, so this should be close'. Next thing I know the little Titleist went in the hole. He replied 'yeah, that’s pretty close". And two people on another hole were staring at me for about a minute.

To bad I couldn’t make a putt over 5 feet, might have shot a good score.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

I've never had an eagle and have only seen 4 made since I've been playing. The last one was my old boss-he's in his 60's but plays like he's 40- holed a 135 yard 3rd shot on a par 5 3 weeks ago. It was the first shot I've ever seen anyone make from that kind of distance and I was impressed.

made my first eagle last week after 8 years of playing. I hit my drive 240 on a par 4 350 or something and was stuck at ann odd angle behind small tree. I had to hit over a pond and the rocks that led up to the green. I took my nine irion and smacked it. The ball the proceded to clip a tree branch, land on the green about 12 feet to the right of the pin, hop and spin sideways, and roll right into the cup. I was amazing, and i shot my best round of 80 that day too. congrats to ya!

I've made about 10 eagles in my life... holing out on par 4's making putts on par 5's, but I've had an Ace. I almost had one this week though... 155 yards, soft 7-iron, low blade cut on accident, rolls right up to 1 foot. The course maintenance guy was right behind me and he said, "That looked like a shot that Corey Pavin hit a week ago." I retorted, "Same shot flight too." We shared a laugh, and I tapped in for a 2. Just thought I'd share... congrats on your Eagle, hope you have many more!!!
    My swing is so bad I look like a caveman killing his lunch. ~Lee Trevino[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT][B][/B][I][/I][COLOR="DarkOrange"][/COLOR]

Some A-hole made an eagle on a par 4 in my saturday tournament to take my birdie skin away.

Congratulations. There's nothing like the feeling of the first eagle. I got my first one about a year ago, and had a second one this year. My first one was "legitimate"; an excellent drive, a great second shot, and sunk a 6' putt. My second was lucky; a fair drive, a mediocre second shot, and holed out from 170 yards. Funny thing, though, they still both counted as an eagle on the scorecard......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I had my first TWO and ONLY eagles in the same round last summer.

First one was a 500 yard slightly downhill par 5. Hit a solid 280 yard drive followed with a nice 5 iron approach. My friend and I are walking to the green and his girlfriend calls. Well I start making fun of him while Im lining up my 20 ft putt. I think because of the call I didnt remember the putt was for eagle. That probably took away the nerves. Anyway the putt dropped.
    The second one was a lucky 40 yard pitch-in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3-PW [COLOR="DarkOrange"]TaylorMade[/COLOR] Forged RAC CB (DG S-300)
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Cleveland[/COLOR] 588 56* and 60*
    [COLOR="Blue"]Ping [/COLOR]N-Echo Puttter

shoot, i'll tell about a eagle i had the other day... i generally have a eagle once every 4-5 rounds so i have them regularly (not enough for my likeing though ;) ) but i hit a drive about 290-295yds a good drive for me (i average around 275yds). so i hit this one pretty good (i usually hit 1-4 n the 290-300's) and have roughly 260yds to the hole which was 570yds or so. then i hit a high draw whit my 4 wood (which i usually hit 250-255yds) to the back of the green for a 15ft putt sank that and moved on... the rest of the round wasnt verry good i shot a 10 over 82 oh well and i only had one other bird so a good hole but not a good round

good job...ive been playin about 1 year now...but i got my first eagle a couple months ago...i hit my 4 wood(i was in the process of sellin my driver) about 250 yards(hit off cart path on fairway) then from about 190 out i pulled my 6 iron to hop the tree coverin the hole from the right and it dropped about 2 feet from the hole and i sunk the putt cuz it was pretty straight on...it was bitter sweet...

Thread Information