|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

price to re-grip irons?

what are the prices to have a store re-grip your clubs? I mean ball park figures for average priced grips. Thank you.

it doesn't matter what clubs they are
    but go to a good golf store and compare all of the different grips that they have there and see what you like
    usually, including labor, it's about (ABOUT) ten dollars per club...that's for higher end grips

so for me to regrip all of my clubs (not including putter) it was 140 including tax, installation, and the grip (i actually carry 13 clubs w/o the putter.... i got the 3 and 4 iron regripped and dont carry them any more because i've hit each of them once for the 2 months i carried them)
    callaway x460 10* regular fujikira, mid kick
    adams ovation 3 wood regular
    callaway big bertha heavenwood 4h regular flex
    tommy armour 845s 4-pw
    titleist vokey oil can 60/4, 56/14, 52/8
    taylormade rossa indy putter
    all with winn w5 grips
    titleist nxt

handicap- 8.5

I do them myself. Golf -Prides, around $6.50 per, unless you order 100 grips, then you can get them in bulk for 6 bucks.

They're easy, it's not rocket science. Google re-gripping golf clubs or some other sembalance of that.

Cut the old grips off. Tape the shaft with 2 sided tape (there are a variety of methods from simple to difficult), a little grip solution, or some use kerosene. Slide the grip on. Align it. You're done. Again, it's not rocket science. If you have graphite shafts golfsmith sells a tool so you don't completely mess up your graphite.

That said. Getting you clubs regripped at the local pro shop or what ever (buddy, uncle, highly recommended source), will run you about 9 bucks per club. That's 6 or 6.50 per grip plus 3 buck installation fee. Which isn't bad, if you are completely lacking in self-confidence.

OR..... buy a thrift store club for 2.95, and experiment on it yourself. Maybe buy 2 or 3 junker clubs from the thirft store and a few grips and train yourself.

OR.... get a part time job at a golf shop and learn how from them (they love it when an employee shows some degree of initiative).

I re grip every 2 years or so.

My 2cents.... hope that answer's your inquiry
    Bertha 2004 Titanium
    Tight lies, 3, 5+, 7+
    Tommy Armour 845s 3-SW

Adams Golf GT2 Undercut 60 degree lob
    (...the jury is still out on the lob)

60's Acushnet Bullseye (workhorse)

Odessey Rossi II putter that only works on Billiard table greens

Golf is a game where the ball lies poorly, and the players well. --anon.

I also regrip my clubs. Found a local club maker (KZG and Alpha) that sells grips for $4 per for Lamkin full chord grips.
    Regripping is very easy and a bit of fun. Check out Golf Smith on line they have regrip kits that comes with everything you need to regrip your clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by whitesox350z
    it doesn't matter what clubs they are
    but go to a good golf store and compare all of the different grips that they have there and see what you like
    usually, including labor, it's about (ABOUT) ten dollars per club...that's for higher end grips

so for me to regrip all of my clubs (not including putter) it was 140 including tax, installation, and the grip (i actually carry 13 clubs w/o the putter.... i got the 3 and 4 iron regripped and dont carry them any more because i've hit each of them once for the 2 months i carried them)
    $140 to regrip 13 clubs? Thats F@#$ing ridiculous....go to GOlfsmith or golfworks.com, you can get golf pride tour velvets (13 of them) for about $25, plus tape, solvent and shiping your looking at about $45. Screw paying a pro to do what you can do yourself in about 2 min per club....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1013
    $140 to regrip 13 clubs? Thats F@#$ing ridiculous....go to GOlfsmith or golfworks.com, you can get golf pride tour velvets (13 of them) for about $25, plus tape, solvent and shiping your looking at about $45. Screw paying a pro to do what you can do yourself in about 2 min per club....

actually it was 130 for 14 clubs

it was $10 per grip installed and they gave me a free one (forgot about that)

and i forgot to say that it was just the closest golf store, because i needed them done almost immidiatly

and i dont trust my dad to put them on because he f*cks everything up that he tries (he's really really impatient) and he wont let me do it
    tommy armour 845s 4-pw
    all with winn w5 grips
    titleist nxt

handicap- 8.5

so for me to regrip all of my clubs (not including putter) it was 140 including tax, installation, and the grip
    Whoa! Did they at least kiss you first? I don't think I've ever paid more than $60 for the whole set and I use Golf Pride Tour Velvets. Most places will put the grips on for free if you buy the grips from them.

I also regrip my own sticks now. You can buy a Golf Pride grip kit for about $40 which includes 13 grips, a rubber vice clamp bracket, two sided tape and grip solution complete with instructional cd (if you need it). All you need is a blade to cut the old grip away. You can get a nice angled one which won't scratch your shafts at any Home Depot for about $4. Shouldn't take you more than 20-30 minutes to do the whole set. Most of the time is spent removing the old tape. I even did my three wood with out using the vice since I was only regripping the one club. Very easy to do. After you do it once you will wonder why you ever paid anyone to do it for you it's so simple.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by whitesox350z
    actually it was 130 for 14 clubs

it was $10 per grip installed and they gave me a free one (forgot about that)

and i forgot to say that it was just the closest golf store, because i needed them done almost immidiatly

and i dont trust my dad to put them on because he f*cks everything up that he tries (he's really really impatient) and he wont let me do it
    Oh well $130 for 14 clubs is SO much better than 140 for 13 clubs....I mean come on....how fast did you need them done....I have regripped my irons several times and it really only takes like 2-3 min per club..anyway to each his own...

how come just about every time i post in a thread that i dont start, everybody starts bashing me for my opinion?????
    i paid what i paid because i needed them that day because i had a tournament the next day and needed to go to the driving range to get used to them...and i wasn't going to drive to golfsmith (45 minutes away) and then wait prolly an hour and a half in there and then drive all the way back because it's not worth the drive
    and i sure as hell wasn't going to learn how to do them myself within like 2 hours so w/e

sorry i shared my experiences
    tommy armour 845s 4-pw
    all with winn w5 grips
    titleist nxt

handicap- 8.5

My local clubmaker charges me about $5.00/club including labor, for a lower priced grip like the Lamkin PermaWrap. Even the higher priced grips wouldn't go much over $7 or 8.
    Sure, I could learn to do it myself, but it isn't a big ticket item either way.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I work at a proshop and we charge three dollars labor for all grips. Then the price of the grip is between 3.25 and 9.00. There have been times that guys spend over 300 on grips with two sets of clubs . Personally, i think our prices are a little high, but i cant change them. By the way I do all of them myself which is really cheap since i get the grips basically at wholesale.

I've come to expect grips to be installed for the purchase price of the grip. If not, I know where I CAN get it that way and will happily drive there for the service. They do it on the spot, I get my clubs back within an hour and am told not to play them for a day.... while I'm there I get to hit any clubs I choose with unlimited balls on an outdoor range... Kinda sweet.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

I purchased 8 new Titleist cord grips for $40 on ebay. The local shop I went to charged me $1 a club to regrip my irons. They flipped when they found out how little I paid for the set and told me that I would've paid around $15 each if they had to order them from Titleist.
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)
    Bag: Titleist SC-25

Local shop - Golfdom at Tysons Corner - charges $2 per grip (but it cost me $8 per grip so it's about $10 per club).

Thread Information