|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

What putter are you using

Just wondering what make you pick the putter you're using. Please describe the model, whether it's a normal or long putter, blade or mallet, etc.

I"m currently playing with a Bobby Grace M5K mallet, 33 inch shaft. The weight and shape of the clubhead really does help resist twisting on off-center hits and I really like the line on the crown, which helps promote alignment (since I draw a line on a ball too).

Prior to this, I played with a Futura, Phantom Futura, Two-Ball. This is by far the cheapest if you buy it on eBay but I think the most forgiving putter.

Im playing a Odyssey white hot rossie. Its a mallet style and the shaft has a double bend.

steve
    Driver- TM R580XD 10.5*
    Woods- Adams Ovation
    Irons & wedges- Snake Eyes Python OS
    Putter- Odyssey white hot
    Ball- Srixon AD333
    [size=5][font=Arial Black] [/font][color=#000099]G[/color][color=#FF6600]O[/color] [color=#000099]G[/color][color=#FF6600]A[/color][color=#000099]T[/color][color=#FF6600]O[/color][color=#000099]R[/color][color=#FF6600]S[/color][color=#000099]![/color][/size]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i am currently playing a PING Anser 2... it's a blade and i really like it no insert just a basic awsome blade...

i will continue to play this untill the PING RedWood Anser comes out then if i like it i will upgrade to that, i absolutly love milled putters and am glad that the RedWoods are

the first Ping Craz-E putter

Had a ping anser 2 that i liked ok, just switched to a Scotty newport studio stainless 2, or something like that

I putt with the Probe 20/20 putter from some company named Probe Golf. The shaft says it's a titanium/magnesium composite but the head is solid brass that weighs about 400-410 grams, according to my kitchen scale. I don't know anything about the company or even if they make the putter anymore. The only 2 reasons I bought it was that 1) with the polished, brass head and black shaft, it looks really cool. 2) it felt terrific. The heavy head and super light shaft really give the impression that your swinging more weight which, in my case, aids in swinging through the ball. When I first came across the putter, I saw it advertised in a pro shop for $170. Too rich for my blood at the time. 4 years later, I just happened to be browsing the golf dept. at a Sports Authority and spotted the exact same putter for...drum roll...$19.95! I took the putter up to the register to confirm that this was the right price and the cashier told me it was. I snatched the 3 that were there in a picosecond. I love this thing. The soft, brass head gives immediate feedback on mishits and its weight makes it easy to work the pace of your shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	probe_putter.jpg 
Views:	2797 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	1720  
    Last edited by bladeduffer; 08-12-2006 at 01:30 AM.
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)
    Bag: Titleist SC-25

I use a Tour Edge Back Draft

Specifically - B10 Back Draft with 35 in. shaft. It is a mallet style with a heavy bar insert behind the face and has the "plumbers" neck.

I was looking at new putters - played a Titleist Bullseye and was looking for for "help". The guy at the golf shop recommended the Tour Edge and I really like it.

Chris

Red face Ping Zing 2 - Beryllium Nickel

I was given the Ping Zing by my girlfriend's father (great guy) - its literally new.. Its no longer made and is beryllium nickel. I have been told that beryllium nickel is extremely toxic in manufacturing and that is why Ping no longer makes them.

The Zing is blade style putter and is face balanced. It has an awesome feel and is very heavy. Dont know if its because of the beryllium nickel but I know it was almost as heavy as my 2 ball Odyessy. I sold the 2 ball and am sticking with this.

Ping Anser 4

I've loved it ever since I've switched.
    Driver - Callaway FT-5 9.5 Stiff Fuji360
    3 Wood - Nike Ignite T-60 (Fuji)
    4H - Nickent 3DX 4H
    4-PW - TM Rac OS 2
    GW- Titleist Spin Milled 52/8
    SW - TM Rac Black 54/10
    AP - Titleist Spin Milled 60/12
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Detour 2.0

Handicap - 16 (index)

Quote Originally Posted by golfnut86
    Ping Anser 4

I've loved it ever since I've switched.
    i know what you mean the Anser body style is just the sweetest looking one out there (thats why everyone rips it off, thanks a lot Mr. Cameron)

taylormade rossa fontana sport 1

Yes! Tracy II putter, which is a mighty fine blade. Used to play the Taylormade Fontana 7 putter (center shafted mallet) for a while and didn't think I would find a blade putter I'd like...but there in came the Yes! putter.

BTW, it's 33" (as was my other putter). Out of curiosity, how tall are you folks that also use a 33" putter? I'm 5' 8", which isn't towering by any stretch, but when I tell people I use a 33" putter, they look at me like I have two heads.
    In My Bag (for now):
    Taylormade Burner TP 10.5*
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15*
    Tour Edge Exotics XCG 18*
    Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
    Vokey Raw 50*, Vokey SM 54*, Vokey SM 58*
    Yes! Tracy II
    Bridgestone B-330-S

I use an Odyssey 2-Ball White Hot putter. Got it for €90 off a guy that used it for about one round judging from the condition. It's got the line thru the balls to help my alignment. I think it's 33" but I feel very comfortable with it, as I like to get over the ball more.

I'm thinking of going to a blade-style putter, maybe a Yes! or else the new Odyssey's
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

Nickent Pipe, 35". It is very easy to line up and the ball comes off the clubface very well
    My swing is so bad I look like a caveman killing his lunch. ~Lee Trevino[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT][B][/B][I][/I][COLOR="DarkOrange"][/COLOR]

>>> i know what you mean the Anser body style is just the sweetest looking one out there (thats why everyone rips it off, thanks a lot Mr. Cameron) <<<

Yeah, it's great looking but the Piper styling really grabbed me. As for Cameron, I love his Studio 1 and Pro Platinum Del Mar but my favorite, by far, is the elegant, Napa head style putters he's come out with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)

Yes! Callie for me...I was actually fitted for that putter and it is awsome. I liked the Odyssey 2 ball, the Scotty Cameron studio style putters, and the Guerin Rife blade putters too. I just felt more comfortable with the Yes! Callie putter. The feel of the Callie putter was superb and I loved the weight of the blade, especially after I had it "certified" at the pga superstore by putting a weight in the grip to balance the putter out.

Name:  Yes! Callie.jpg
Views: 2826
Size:  5.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by macmai
    BTW, it's 33" (as was my other putter). Out of curiosity, how tall are you folks that also use a 33" putter? I'm 5' 8", which isn't towering by any stretch, but when I tell people I use a 33" putter, they look at me like I have two heads.
    Don't feel bad.. I'm 5'6 and I like to look down on my ball... I tend to choke up so much that if I could I'd have about a 30-31" putter :P May seem wierd to some, but its only a pain for very very long puts b'c I tend to lose distance... But anything within 15 feet is deffinately gravy.
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]-------------------------------------
    |...........Current Clubs...........|
    -------------------------------------
    |Driver: Mizuno MP-001 Adilda 65-S..|
    |Putter: Cheapo Piece of Crap.......|
    |Woods: Bazooka HL 13* Strong 3.....|
    |Hybrid: Mitsushiba 21*.............|
    |Irons: Mizuno MP-60................|
    |Wedges: PW: Mizuno MP-60...........|
    |........LW: Cleveland 588 60-03....|
    |Shoes: Adidas Z-Traxion............|
    -------------------------------------
    [/FONT]

I use the Odyssey 3 ball SRT. Amazing results for me since I've switched from a Scotty Newport 2.0. Putting average has gone down about 3-4 putts a round, 3 putt average has done from 2-4 to 0-2.

Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
    I feel sorry for Skeet boy's cat...

I've just abandoned my Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball (the one with the shaft in the heel, with a bend) 35" and gone back to my Ping Answer 2, which I cut down to 34", although I think my modification has screwed with the weighting, it now feels a little on the lite side!

I'm thinking about purchasing a 34" Ping Answer G5i, any thoughts? I also have an old Wilson TPA XVIII 35"(the one Faldo used to win 1 of his Masters & 1 of his Opens) which may be traded for the new Ping or come out of retirement itself some day!

I think it's the player, not the putter, that does it. Why? Take a look at the putter I use! I won this about 8 to 10 years ago for a long-putt at an outing.

Check out all the bends in this shaft. It had an accident with a cart. Been playing with it that way for 5 years.

I've gotten so used to the shaft that way, I'm afraid to get it fixed.
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

I have a four putter rotation. It is amazing how well you can putt when you admit you have a problem. Twenty year old Ping Anser 3 is in the bag right now, but it is rusting

(I once soaked it Coke to take the dark, dark finish off, but apparently shouldn't have). A buddy of mine has played some on the Senior Tour and suggested it. He uses a Coke soaked Oil Can Cameron that looks like a rusting piece of plumbing.

The problem is I get the pushes with it and when that happens I switch to an eight year old Scotty Cameron (Del Mar Three, I think). Which I putt well with for a round or two and then end up pulling.

Putter #3 is the Guerin-Rife blade. I liked it when I got it. Rolled it great, but never seemed to make anything. Never putted horrible though. 31 or 32 putts per round instead of the sub-30 I need to score. Because of the lack of loft, long putts and putts from off the green seemed to jump and hop off the blade.

Putter #4 is a Ping belly putter. I only use it when things get really bad.

I am a Putter ****. There are others lurking in the back of the garage too.

I like high MOI putters, and had the original Bobby Grace "Amazing Grace", and loved the higher MOI and alignment line feature, but it was too light for my tastes, and made me swing too quickly for optimal control. (This is a lighter club than Eric's 5K model). I next used a Never Compromise "Voodoo Daddy", a heavier club which further improved my results. Then about 2 years ago, I heard a lot of favorable buzz about the Heavy Putter. They were unavailable from any local source, so I took a flying leap and bought one over the internet, sight unseen. I chose the model with the center shaft design, since I have learned the pendular, straight back, straight forward stroke. I've never looked back, which is quite unusual for such an incurable club ho as myself. I have a 33" Heavy Putter, B1 model. It's not an aesthetic triumph IMHO, but the results are outstanding. The club is so heavy that it only takes a very gentle movement to impart the necessary force to accelerate the ball. The fact that I now swing so much more slowly has resulted in increased accuracy. Like any putter, one learns to adjust the stroke to match the distance of the shot by practice. I find it deadly accurate because even on a slightly off center hit, there is no twisting of the head, and no loss of momentum. The weight of the club relative to the ball is so great that contact with the ball does essentially nothing to the club's alignment or speed. It has improved my accuracy substantially, and has expanded my "just about automatic" range another 18".
    http://www.heavyputter.com/store/pro...products_id=20
    Last edited by dorkman53; 08-12-2006 at 06:50 AM.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

So glad I spent the money on my C.L.N. prototype. I've had it for 10+ years now and am still in total love with it. Only complaint I have is every once in awhile I have to back off the ball and change my posture due to glint from the shiny reflection.

People may scoff at putter prices, but how many of you have been through several putters in 10 years when buying the right one in the 1st place would've proven prudent? Granted many of you have tried very nice putters and obviously cost isn't an issue but once you find that magic putter you'll know it. Good luck in your hunts!!!
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

I have a 33" Scotty Cameron Red X that I sent out for black oxide treatment. It's a sweet looking putter, and I love the feel it has. I putt better with it that any other putter I've had. It's been in the bag for over a year, which says alot for me. I still keep the Voodoo Daddy in the truck, but I haven't had it out in months, although it putts better on slow greens for me.
    TheRod
    "Fairways and greens, and don't forget to wave."

Driver: KZG Gemini2 460, 10.5 deg, Graman 540 Limey
    3W-5W: KZG CH-III, shafts vary
    26 deg utility
    6,7 irons: KZG forged cavity IIM, rifle 6.0
    8-PW: KZG forged cavity, rifle 6.0
    GW, SW, LW: Inifiniti
    Putter: Slighter custom

I have the TM Monza Corza 33" double bend mallet putter. Replaced my Odyssey two baller with this one. Great balance and puts a fantastic roll on the ball.

V Foil

I used to have a 2 ball but ditched it for a Bobby Grace 6.4GT. The think I like most about the Bobby grace is the ability to get it really close on lag putts. The distance feel is great and it's also brillant from 6 foot in with the alignment aid.

I am not sure why we don't see more on tour! Maybe Oddessey pay the players more.

I'm 5' 7" and my putter is 33". The only drawback to the BG MOI putters is that you can't pick up a ball with it.

My putter is a Bobby Grace M6.4K 33". I'm 5'10 but I really hang my arms when I'm putting.

Just picked up a Guerin Rife 2 Bar Mallet. Rolls great for me, feels good and the weight system is awesome for different greens! Played the Scotty Futura for the last few years, that is another great putter!
    FEA

http://valueguide.pga.com/detail.php...06&model=44823

I have this but am planning on getting a 2 bar mallet with offset.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

I am VERY resistant to change putters. I've only owned three putters in over 20 years of playing golf. An old Slotline that was very heel/toe weighted, black, with a crook neck on it. Essentially a Slotline version of a Ping Pal4.

Currently, I use a Ping Pal2 - 35", heel/toe weighting to the extreme, curved neck, milled face, no insert. I have a spare that is identical, in case something happens to the one I use. Both are over 15 years old.

Also, to show my anal retentive side, I own two Never Compromise Sub30 D3 putters. They are essentially NC's version of the Pal2, except that they have the 'Transmatter' middles with inserts. I own these in case I ever decide to switch to an insert face. They feel buttery smooth, just like the Pings.They are still brand new, in the wrapper.

FTR, putting is 90% mental, so the style of putter is really all about what you mentally appreciate.

I fully expect to die 50 years from now, having never played another putter than those I mentioned above. I love them that much.

I also have a Macgregor Bobby Grace M6.4K GT 33" and I love it.

I have just changed my putting routine and am alligning the putter first, then feet, then taking grip. I have noticed that the ball is starting right on line, unfortunately my reading of the greens need some work ;-) I also find distance control very good along with great feel and feedback.

Stu

I don't see why people change putters like socks. If you putt well with it once, then you can do it the whole time. That's my philosophy
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

Very true but there is no fun in that. I like my car but I would not want to keep it forever.

I currently have an Odessy #5 34 inch white hot steel. When I first started trying to really play the game again I had a Ping Zing G5i. I had a hard time keeping the face sqaure even though it was a great putter. My friends suggested that I try a mallet. I tried out a few and went with this one for 2 reasons. The first was the weight. The head is small for a mallet so it feels heavier than average to me. This helps me keep it steady. Second, because of the weight and the steel insert, I don't have to draw the putter back as far to get the same distance as my old putter.

The difference in my game has shown. I'm horrible at reading greens but hit the ball where I'm aimed. My confidence from 5 feet in is superb. Now if I could land my iron shots five feet in.....

I've been salivating over the Never Compromise Gray Matter 2 series. They feel great and I like the feel at impact a little more than the putter I'm currently using so I may switch.

Titleist Scotty Cameron Pro platinum 34.5 inches, i like thi sputter so much i wont change it for a long time.

Nike OZ T100

Switching to mallet dropped 11 strokes off my game. I demo'd this and the 2-ball and I just seemed to play better with it so I bought it. Plus I like the blue color on the face and grip.
    Cleveland Hi-Bore 9.5 Aldila NV65 S
    Taylor Made FireSole 3w
    Ping G2's 3-PW
    Cleveland CG10 56 & 60 wedges
    Nike OZ T100 Mallet Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Decompiled
    Nike OZ T100

Switching to mallet dropped 11 strokes off my game. I demo'd this and the 2-ball and I just seemed to play better with it so I bought it. Plus I like the blue color on the face and grip.

LOL... Umm... okay. So you dropped 11 strokes off your game by getting a new putter? Riiiiiiiiiiiight... That's wonderful for you... So, the mere change of a putter caused your handicap to go down from a ? to a ???

Have you considered doing any 30-minute TV infomercials about this wondrous putter? You really should, you know... An invention that rapturous should be shared with the world, and not kept a secret...

It's really not that hard to comprehend. I had a 8 dollar macgregor putter that I'd be lucky to two putt with.

Going from the macgregor and always three putting to making 1's and 2's isn't really hard to believe considering there are 18 holes.

And yes... my handicap is higher then einsteins IQ.

I usually shoot in the mid to low 90's.
    Cleveland Hi-Bore 9.5 Aldila NV65 S
    Taylor Made FireSole 3w
    Ping G2's 3-PW
    Cleveland CG10 56 & 60 wedges
    Nike OZ T100 Mallet Putter

Love it.

I absolutely love my

Callaway Itrax 34" with the Winn Breast Cancer Blank and Pink Grip
    Driver: Callaway 10° X460 Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Regular
    Fairway Wood: Callaway X Wood 15° Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Regular
    Hybrid: Callaway X 21° Uniflex Steel
    Irons: Callaway X-18's 4-PW Uniflex Steel
    Wedges: Callaway X Tour Wedges 50°, 56°, 60°PM
    Putter: 32.5" Callaway BJ2
    Ball: Callaway Big Bertha Blue or HX Tour

I Choose: To Be Better! Callaway A Better Game By Design!

Achusnet Bullseye. Been using it since the 1968. I also have an Odessey Rossi which is okay if the greens are immaculent.

For the Muni's in my life... they get the Bullseye.

It really depends on what the practice green is saying to me when I'm warming up.
    Bertha 2004 Titanium
    Tight lies, 3, 5+, 7+
    Tommy Armour 845s 3-SW

Adams Golf GT2 Undercut 60 degree lob
    (...the jury is still out on the lob)

60's Acushnet Bullseye (workhorse)

Odessey Rossi II putter that only works on Billiard table greens

Golf is a game where the ball lies poorly, and the players well. --anon.

Quote Originally Posted by bad putt
    Very true but there is no fun in that. I like my car but I would not want to keep it forever.
    Cars wear down putters don't.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Great thread, I just bought a new putter last night. For the last 15 years I've been using a Callaway Bobbie Jones BJ-2 and never felt the need to change. Heel and toe weighted blade with a small offset. Then I hit three balls with a TaylorMade Rossa Daytona Sport 1, and I had to have it. Same basic design as the Callaway except with the Ti insert of course. Since it was $59.95 at Play It Again Sports it was a no brainer. Perfect condition with head cover, I'll try it on the greens tomorrow.
    It's not the Arrow, It's the Indian

Ping B60

Quote Originally Posted by Eric in NOVA
    Just wondering what make you pick the putter you're using. Please describe the model, whether it's a normal or long putter, blade or mallet, etc..
    Ping B60, no insert, 35", Winn v17 grip.
    Putting is the best part of my game, wood's (driving) the wrost

had used Ben Hogan Apex HB1 34" & Titleist Dead Center SP-201 35" (wife took a liking to that one)
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

35" SC American Classic III Blade. Before that the Odessey Rossie II, Tri-Hot and two-ball. Just love the feel of that steel feel of SC (German stainless steel).

Still dreaming of a SC American classic VII though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine."

Driver: Nak NP-1 9.5* Graphite Design Tour AD I-65 stiff
    3-wood: Alpha V5 15* Fujikura Rombax 7W06 stiff
    Irons: Miura Tournament Blades i2-PW TT DG S300
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-R 52* and 56* True Temper S300
    Putter: Scotty Cameron American Classic VII Napa Custom
    Ball: Taylormade TP red LDP

It is illogical to think that you can putt well with the same putter all of the time. The guys playing for millions switch all of the time. Tiger's putter might be the same style, but look at photos. He adjusts the lie angle and probably adjusts the loft too.

That's like saying you can make your very best score on every hole, every day. I have (but don't currently use a Guerin-Rife). The one thing I like a lot about it is it has a little notch on the top that helps with your posture. As the round goes along, I find I slump over a bit. Just by the nature of the game, your ball position and posture and other things get off. Sometimes it is easier to change the arrow.

>>> It is illogical to think that you can putt well with the same putter all of the time. The guys playing for millions switch all of the time. Tiger's putter might be the same style, but look at photos. He adjusts the lie angle and probably adjusts the loft too. <<<

Tiger does this because he changes his game. How often does the average golfer do this?
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)

taylormade agsi monza corza. its a beauty. i love it. rolls the ball sooo good and its money inside 10 feet. its money inside a million feet but its really unrealy how clutch this thing is from 10 feet and under. i cant say enough good things about this putter.
    Driver: Callaway Fusion Ft-3 Tour 9.5*
    1H: Ben Hogan CFT 17*
    3H: Ben Hogan CFT 21*
    Irons: Mizuno MP 60 4-PW
    Wedges: Mizuno MP T 51* Raw Haze,Titleist 54*/58* Vokey Oil Can Spin Milleds
    Putter: Taylormade Rozza Monza AGSI Insert

see avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer Gavin
    taylormade agsi monza corza. its a beauty. i love it. rolls the ball sooo good and its money inside 10 feet. its money inside a million feet but its really unrealy how clutch this thing is from 10 feet and under. i cant say enough good things about this putter.
    I have the TaylorMade CGB Daytona and just looooooooooooooooooooooove it. I was using a White Hot Mallet before but when on vacation in Michigan and played at Palmer's Ravines (and amazing course) and that was the putter in my rental bag and fell in love. I looked for it on ebay as soon as I got back and am now very happy
    Adams Redline 430Q
    Adams Ovation 3
    Adams Ovation 5 offset
    TaylorMade Rescue 19
    TaylorMade RAC OS 2 4-SW
    Adams Tom Watson GW 54
    Cleaveland CG10 60 degree
    TaylorMade Rossa Daytona CGB Putter

Never Compromise

I use a Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy heel shafted. I bought the putter off Golf Club Exchange for $41.00...the best forty bucks I've ever spent.

I see a couple of rave reports on various TaylorMade's so here's an update on the new TaylorMade Rossa I listed a few posts back. OMFG, what a putter. My first round with it I took off work early and headed over to a nice local course as a single and paired up with a couple of strangers. At the end of 18 I shook their hands and said what a pleasure it had been to play with the gentlemen. One replyed, "It was a pleasure just watching you putt." Needless to say I had fun collecting the money from my buds that weekend. I'll be keeping this putter.
    It's not the Arrow, It's the Indian

TM Monza Corza

Putters, I had a few... I am one of those guys that changes equipment constantly in hope for a better game. (Sad isn't it?!)
    Regardless the TM Monza Corza with the double bend and the Atillium ( what ever the hell that is) agsi insert really has a nice feel for me. The ball rolls smooth of the face and the sound at impact is neither muffled nor tinny.
    Although I the Scotty Cameron Studio style is what I wanted to hold out for I pulled the trigger on the TM.
    I am surprised that I think I read only 2 or 3 others that liked the TM.

Scotty cameron studio design, blade style, 30 inches
    Driver: Cobra F-speed 9.0* UST Proforce v2
    Fairway metal: cleveland 19*, soon to come titleist 904 13*
    Irons: Hogan FTX
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 gunmetal 56* and cg10 52*
    Putter: Scotty studio design 3.5

"It did what it do" - Rasheed wallace

Anser Scottsdale BeCu,34 1/2" Winn AVL Gold

My Putter

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2, 35 inches, Standard Loft and Lie. Red Baby T Grip

Quote Originally Posted by Letitroll98
    I see a couple of rave reports on various TaylorMade's so here's an update on the new TaylorMade Rossa I listed a few posts back. OMFG, what a putter. My first round with it I took off work early and headed over to a nice local course as a single and paired up with a couple of strangers. At the end of 18 I shook their hands and said what a pleasure it had been to play with the gentlemen. One replyed, "It was a pleasure just watching you putt." Needless to say I had fun collecting the money from my buds that weekend. I'll be keeping this putter.
    Agree 100% the first time I played it shaved off 5 strokes. Some of the golf magazines has said this is a cheapier version of the Scotty Cameron. The nice thing about this putter is the first time I played I knew it was solid.
    Adams Redline 430Q
    Adams Ovation 3
    Adams Ovation 5 offset
    TaylorMade Rescue 19
    TaylorMade RAC OS 2 4-SW
    Adams Tom Watson GW 54
    Cleaveland CG10 60 degree
    TaylorMade Rossa Daytona CGB Putter

Ping G2 Anser C - great balance and weight. It doesn't have the feel of a Cameron or a Daito, and it doesn't roll the ball as nicely as a Yes, but it has a pretty good comnination of all of the others' better characteristics. I may hate myself, but I am sticking by my Ping until I can afford a SC Newport Circa.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

My flatsticks change all the time just like Jesper !!
    KZG Gemini 460 [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]KZG Cobalt 4 & 7 Wood[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]KZG Forged Evolution 4-7
    KZG Forged ZO 8-SW[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]Nomad WRX GTO Hogan 62 K[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Tom Slighter "Kirkland" [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Bridgestone E-5 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Bennington Cart Bag [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by colzac
    see avatar
    i have that perfect putter to. My putting average 2.02
    Puerto Rico the best Island in the world!

Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!homer simpson grammar
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Follow your nose!

In the bag of Tucan:

Hibore 9.5 aldila Nv65 stiff- #1 driver

3 wood cobra sz- Golf digest 05 editors choice

Halos 2i and 3i- Hot list and the easy to hit

Cleveland launcher LP PW-4iron- #1 improve irons

Cleveland 588 and cg11 - Cleveland #1 in wedges

Putter Ping G5i mallet. golf digest 05 editors choice

Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2. It's got great feel and rolls the ball nicely. A couple things I want to tweak a little: I want to shorten it about an inch or so (even at 33", it feels too long to me and the way I like my arms to hang when I'm putting), change the grip (I HATE the miniature grip that it came with...GD had it right when they said it seemed like it was built for a munchkin), and I want to add a little bit of weight to the head (no more than a few grams...it feels a bit light sometimes).

This is the putter I'm going to use for life, so I want to have it the way I will like it for life.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Why are you in such a rush to hit the ball? It's not going anywhere." --My teacher, when I am too fast in my downswing.

"Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs. You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her." --Val Doonican

"The first time I played the Masters, I was so nervous I drank a bottle of rum before I teed off. I shot the happiest 83 of my life." --Chi Chi Rodriguez[/FONT]

I have a three putter rotation that I employ. My primary is a Bettinardi tour special SV with copper plateing, and three floating faces......with a Bettinardi BB 41 DASS.....and a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Stainless. All at 33.5" with heads that measure at least 350 grams. In my opinion, Bettinardi does not get half the credit he derserves for making truly remarkable putters. Scotty has the marketing machine behind him .....but there are others like Bettinadi, Slighter, and Burns that make putters of equal to better standards than Scotty. It's all in the marketing!

Peter

CG Schönborn, Austria, www.gcschoenborn.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Letitroll98
    i will agree on that. im using the rossa monza corza 33" and it gives me a lot of confidence
    in my bag:
    Driver: Cleveland Launcher 460 (Fujikura Regular)
    3-Wood: Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (True Temper S300)
    Irons: Mizuno MP-37 (2-9, PW, True Temper S300)
    Wedges: Cleveland CG10: 56* (2dot) and 60* (1dot)
    Putter: Taylor Made Rossa Monza Corsa 33"
    Balls: Titleist (mixed Lakeballs, i guess they suck)

I use a white hot odyssey #6, 35', nice feel, I might shorten it though.

I have the same putter that the guy who started this whole thread has. Macgregor M5k heel shafted w/ bend and 34". It is a great putter! I've always had trouble reading greens so the putter can't correct for that, but my distance control w/ this putter is fantastic. I have confidence that I no matter how bad my read is the ball will be close to the hole. I average 1 3-putt a round (although I rarely one putt from outside 9 ft). I can't say enough good things about this putter. They should still be dirt cheap too. I got mine on Ebay for $50 including shipping about 6 months ago.
    Driver: Wilson Staff Dd5 10* S - 44.25"
    (soon to be Adams BUL 10.5* UST Proforce V2 R - 43.50")
    FW: Adams Redline 3 wood 15* S - 42.25"
    Hybrids: Adams Iwood 17*, 21* iron shaft S
    Irons: MacGregor 455M 4-PW R
    GW: Clevland 52* 900 RTG
    SW: Clevland 56* 588 RTG
    Putter: Macgregor M5k

Yes! Callie, 34"

forged vs. milled putters

does forged putters stroke any differently then milled putters? is it all in the mind?
    have been curious about KZG forged blade putters.
    my original Ping B60 putter's a real straight shooter that impart good "feel" so I'll be hole-ing in with that for a long time.
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

I have the PING G2i B60 in the bag. 33" black dot. It will stay in the bag for a long time. I love it!!
    Titleist 905t 10.5 NV 65-S
    Nike T40 3 metal wood
    Nike CPR 2 21 degree Hybrid
    Nike Pro Combo irons 4-pw
    Cleveland 900 54*
    Callaway Forged+ 60*
    Ping G2i B60 putter
    Nike SP5 shoes
    Maxfli Noodle/Srixon AD 333

All stuffed into a Nike Extreme Sport Carry Bag

RCGA HC Factor 15.5 working on it :help:

MINE OF COURSE..... Who else's would I be using?????

I took my putter out and put in a 3rd driver. I have fade, netural, and draw now. I putt with my lob wedge. My goal is to hit a crappier drive down an 18th hole than Phil Mickelson did with 2 drivers.

Thread Information