|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Older Players - Are These Blades A Re-Make or Original?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259

Macgregor VIP Ltd., originally marketed around '71. But they have Dynamic Golds on them, which didn't appear till '84. Thanks for any help.

I don't know enough to give an answer, but they are sweet looking sticks whicever way you look at it.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I don't know enough to give an answer, but they are sweet looking sticks whicever way you look at it.

Here, here!
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

The vintage of the heads don't seem to match the shafts. Could have been re-shafted. Or they could just be some modern shaft bands on the original shafts. Are they really brand new? There aren't any shots of the faces. Definitely a sweet set of blades.

I haven't seen this model before. It seems to be a limited edition, but dosen't look at all like early seventies vintage. The stamping on the soles looks like late 90's. The labels are definately original Macgregor. Macgregor have released plenty on limited edition blades and woods over the years, even putters. I would guess these are one of them.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    The labels are definately original Macgregor.
    Are you sure? Usually OEM shafts would have the club manufacturer's name on the labels, these just look like standard True Temper DG shaft bands. And very recent ones too, they do not look like the same vintage as the heads. Also, if these were brand new, I would expect the grips to be private labeled with Macgregor. Kind of like these: Another Auction for MacG Blades. These also have the private labeled shafts.

Anyway, it's hard to tell much from these tiny pictures, but my money is on them being re-shafted. The heads may have just been re-finished and not brand new. Another thing that makes me think the heads are from the 70's is that the PW is labeled a 10 iron. I don't think they have done that recently.

Thread Information