|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Smile Boundry Oaks and, again, the importance of golf lessons

Played a round at a new course for us, at Boundry Oaks (slope = 121, Par 72) at Walnut Creek, CA, just two days after our last private golf lesson series -- on woods: tempo, and balance.

Wow, less is more in golf...at least with a driver.

Instead of trying for maximum drives I swung smoothly for tempo and balance and voila: only one lost ball (my record), in a pond, and I still got close to driving the average distances for a Scratch player. Ironic, though, I had most in-bound round I've ever had in a bueatiful course named Boundry Oaks. Nice.

I wish'd I had started with series of private lessons instead of group classes when I began golf.

KZG Gemini 460 10.5* and Titleist 975F 20.5* woods played awesome for me today.
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman
    Played a round at a new course for us, at Boundry Oaks (slope = 121, Par 72) at Walnut Creek, CA, just two days after our last private golf lesson series -- on woods: tempo, and balance.

Wow, less is more in golf...at least with a driver.

Instead of trying for maximum drives I swung smoothly for tempo and balance and voila: only one lost ball (my record), in a pond, and I still got close to driving the average distances for a Scratch player. Ironic, though, I had most in-bound round I've ever had in a bueatiful course named Boundry Oaks. Nice.

I wish'd I had started with series of private lessons instead of group classes when I began golf.

KZG Gemini 460 10.5* and Titleist 975F 20.5* woods played awesome for me today.
    a marvellous read!
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]11[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

enough can not be said for private lessons....

well done.

I love the fact that golf is a game of opposites....
    you want the ball to go up you hit down
    you want it to go right you swing through to the left and vice versa
    you want it to go farther you don't swing hard and violent, but nice and smooth.

I take it from you post that Boundry Oaks is a very challenging course and that hitting the fairways is very demanding.

Only one ball lost, very impressive.....Hope that everything keeps going smoothly on the course for you, and those lessons keep paying off.

there is no substituite for private lessons... and as for ur discovery on ur driver im glad it works...

I've never taken a group lesson, but I made major improvements in my swing and scoring after a series of private lessons. Some people can learn by reading, some by watching videos, but for me there's nothing like having a pro watch and dissect my swing to uncover the problems and show me how to improve.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

try san geronimo and fox tail North course. Best cheap courses in the Bay Area via golf now.

Thread Information