|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

How good do you have to be?

If you wanted to get onto say the nationwide tour...what do you think you're average score would need to be on any given course?

I'm saying about 2-3 under consistently would do it?
    You could always get hot and have a 7-8 under round combine that with a 6 under for the other three and you would definitely finish in the money, if not win.

I Would Think....

that your handicap index would need to be no higher than 2 or 3 to even have a shot at playing on the Nationwide Tour, probably lower than that. Shooting even par (72) on a course that has a rating of 72 and a slope rating of 130 gives you an index of about 1.2. Assuming that your ten best scores on a course like that averaged even par, then your handicap index would be 1.2, so an index of 2 or 3 would actually be high.
    Driver: TM R7 460 w/Aldila NV65
    Callaway X 3 and 5 woods
    Callaway X 4 Hybrid
    RAC LT 5-PW
    RAC Gap, Sand, & Lob wedges
    Odessey White Hot Mallet putter
    Calloway HX Tour 56
    Handicap 9.3

You would need to be shooting 2 or 3 under on average around your home course at least. And with that you'd need to have a career week on the greens to win.
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

Why omen? Are you trying to get on the tour?

IT DOESNT MATTER HOW GOOD YOU HAVE TO BE BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE THAT GOOD. YOU SUCK

no im not trying to get on tour, not yet anyway.... but maybe if I ever get to scratch or a little better I would consider giving q school a try.

hows your wife and my kids????

Quote Originally Posted by Omen
    no im not trying to get on tour, not yet anyway.... but maybe if I ever get to scratch or a little better I would consider giving q school a try.

hows your wife and my kids????
    priceless!
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]11[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by theidioticbizarre
    priceless!

Thank You!!! I know my wittiness will never go completely unappreciated............

you have to be good enough not to be posting on this shithole. there, i said it.
    GOULET!!!

Then I will quit posting when I get to scratch...........

Scratch play WONT get you on any tour consistently.
    Gotta be a little better than that.

However, having said that, there are certain course you will pay better on that just seem to fit you better and your style, choose those courses as the ones you want to "give it a try" at for any tour and you might just surprise yourself and qualify. If you qualify, you stand a remote (but still a chance) at winning the thing. Everybody has a GREAT day every now and then. Its timing.
    Make no mistake, lightning does strike !

Oh i agree...im only going to quit posting on here when i get to scratch...that way when i get a little better i can get on to a tour....possibly.

I feel that if on an average day and an average course you can post 2-3 under...not just your home course...then you may be ready to give a tour a shot.

Go to about 6 local golf courses, and if you don't break 68 around them all there isn't much hope. You would need to be +1 or +2 to even give it a go!
    Feels just like it should.

You have to be much much better than a +2 handicap. Remember that the set ups for these courses in tournament play are about as difficult as you can get, way more so than your home course even on medal days, you can add 4 or 5 shots just for the pin positions and the rough.

Every year there are hundreds of graduates from universities worldwide who consistently shoot in the 60s and very few of them can give it a go on any sort of tour. It have read that there is as much difference between a scratch golfer and a tournament pro as there is between a scratch golfer and an 18 handicap.

wasn't Sergio at +7 before he turned pro?

wasn't Sergio at +7 before he turned pro?
    must be easier on the european tour...plus 7 aint gonna cut it in america....hahah....lol

NEXT....

I know three people who have tried out/made pro circuits. One played on the Nationwide and now plays on the Canadian Tour, one plays on a mini tour down in Texas, and the other played on a small Tour down in Arizona. They have all tried to make it through Q-School with no avail. On a course with CR of 74.1 (par 72) and slope 135 (as their home courses) they have NO trouble shooting -6. The course is also 7100 yards long. On my home course they've played in pro-ams and shot -6 to -8 with no trouble. Just an average day. The CR is 71.7 (par 71) and the slope is 130 and the course is 6985 yards. I used to be a consistent scratch golfer...now I'm in the <2 category. I've shot 3 under, 4 under, 5 under, here and there in local tournaments at courses with similar slopes and ratings and I would not have a chance to even compete with these guys.

Another local pro (club pro thinking about "going pro") golfs with me quite a bit in the summer. For him, shooting a 4 under is a typical day. He hasn't tried to "go pro" yet because he isn't good enough. You'd need to be aa +4HDCP AT LEAST before having even the slightest chance. Trust me, there are MANY people who can shoot -4 on any course without thinking twice. It's a tough battle but if you LOVE golf and want to sleep out of your car (which many of these people do) and miss cuts week after week and then finally make $4000 with a decent finish go for it. It's a huge step and you'll fail 1,000,000 times for each success. But, it can be done.

must be easier on the european tour...plus 7 aint gonna cut it in america....hahah....lol

NEXT....
    Coming from a tour that has won one Ryder cup out of six..........

NEXT.....

24 to 10 current standings....

NEXT....

NEXT....
    Wow, so they were good a generation (or is it two?) ago, they are not now. Catch up will you.

Oh and the score is 7 to 5 since it became Europe vs the US.
    Last edited by Singsling; 10-15-2006 at 10:43 AM.

i do believe sergio plays on both tours.
    i know of a couple of pro's that became pro at +2. i think ian woosnam became pro at +4/+5

i do believe sergio plays on both tours.
    i know of a couple of pro's that became pro at +2. i think ian woosnam became pro at +4/+5
    Wonder what Michelle Wie's handicap was......... (lights blue touchpaper and retires)...

Quote Originally Posted by Singsling
    Wonder what Michelle Wie's handicap was......... (lights blue touchpaper and retires)...

I don't know what it WAS, but what it seems to now be is - not making contact when she swings at the ball.

She actually whiffed an attempted sand shot the other day on 14. LOL!!!

It was hilarious! She whiffed it, then did what every 36+ handicapper does - she looked down briefly, then stepped away like she was only practicing. Oops, Michelle! the national TV camera caught you! Better get back down there & hack away until you finally get out of the trap!

The hyperbole on this thread can mostly be ignored.

If your handicap is +4 or so (on a good course - not a Mickey Mouse one where any decent player will break par), you have a great chance to make the Nationwide/Pro-Tour. From then on, it's solely up to how you perform on the biggest stage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by garcia is god
    The hyperbole on this thread can mostly be ignored.

If your handicap is +4 or so (on a good course - not a Mickey Mouse one where any decent player will break par), you have a great chance to make the Nationwide/Pro-Tour. From then on, it's solely up to how you perform on the biggest stage.

That is probably fairly accurate. Couple that with how well you can 'play for money', and you've pretty well covered it. Can you shoot in the low 70's consistently? How about if you're playing skins for $20 a hole, with your own money? How far does your score skyrocket when that happens? That's what turns a 6' putt into a knee-shaker for most people, regardless of their handicap.

NEXT....
    HAHAHAHAHHA you loser.

Stop spending all your weekend on the internet and go find a life.

So what, exactly, are you doing here?

You're the perfect example of human genetic regression in terms of mental capacity and intelligence as it relates to sociopathetic reponses to digital feedback in the 21st century. In your case parents eating their young would have been a kindness to the world in general and this site specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Singsling
    It used to be on ghin.com. I looked it up before she turned pro and it was quite impressive. The course ratings for women playing the championship tees are unbelievably high (some in the 80's). Her handi was something like +10.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by fred3

You're the perfect example of human genetic regression in terms of mental capacity and intelligence as it relates to sociopathetic reponses to digital feedback in the 21st century. In your case parents eating their young would have been a kindness to the world in general and this site specifically.
    although what you just wrote looks very elegant it is in actual fact exceedingly inaccurate. attempting to appear intellectual by using large words makes you look imprudent when you utilise them in the wrong context. you are a charlatan. shame on you fred

HAHAHAHA you dumbass, you need to take Reading 101 again.

I said Stop spedning time on the internet on weekends.

Its monday today.

HAHHAHAH you dumbass.

You bone head. It was meant to appear that way. ;-) Now shame on you. But in fact it is not inaccurate just because you say so. Explain the inaccuracies (excluding the made up word of course). :-) If you can....

You bone head. It was meant to appear that way. ;-) Now shame on you. But in fact it is not inaccurate just because you say so. Explain the inaccuracies (excluding the made up word of course). :-) If you can....
    i'm sure it was meant to appear that way. ;-).
    maybe i can learn something from your sociopathetic ways...

loser

Quote Originally Posted by HappyW@*!
    HAHAHAHA you dumbass, you need to take Reading 101 again.

I said Stop spedning time on the internet on weekends.

Its monday today.

HAHHAHAH you dumbass.

what is spedning????

maybe if you took typing 101 again we would be more likely to catch your f.uck ups....cheerio ol boy....better luck next time lass.

besides happy you are lucky that fred dignified your post with any response....

you DUBMASS.....lol at happy...retarded people make me smile, Thanks Happy

You're how old? loser. About 12? loser. If you don't understand what is written then we can all assume you really aren't quite as intelligent as you'd have yourself believe. loser.

I drove the ball 600yds. loser. It went through 4 dreams scapes and a head call. loser. Now that's a drive! loser.

loser is the beginning and end result of someone who, no matter how hard they try, can't seem to grasp that they should never take golf or themself too serious. loser.

If I had to describe you I'd say you're a four putt two feet from the hole. loser.

And just to instruct: ;-) means your just kidding around, but adding "loser" to the end means you aren't. loser. If you're intentionally trying to create the scenario that no one can ever tell when you mean what you say then you're succeeding wonderfully. loser.

Ahh well enough frivolity. loser.

There are no such things as "big" words to an educated person. There are, however, big words used incorrectly and those people are posers. loser. If you wish to correct me then do so. loser. But if you aren't sure what is incorrect simply because you're uneducated then be quiet. loser. It just makes you appear more ignorant than normal. loser.

yeah...what fred said....

loser

NEXT.....

btw fred.... poseur...not poser....poser is one who poses as if in art...poseur is a person who attempts to impress others by assuming or affecting a manner, degree of elegance, sentiment, etc., other than his or her true one or One who affects a particular attribute, attitude, or identity to impress or influence others.....basically....THERETARDBIZARRE......

what is spedning????

maybe if you took typing 101 again we would be more likely to catch your f.uck ups....cheerio ol boy....better luck next time lass.

besides happy you are lucky that fred dignified your post with any response....

you DUBMASS.....lol at happy...retarded people make me smile, Thanks Happy
    HAHAHAAHAH you idiot. Go outside and find a life please.

You have to be much better than a 1 or 2 handicap! You better be shooting 3 to 4 under par on your home track from the back tees playing by the rules. Your bad rounds need to be just a couple over par.

Heck; since late August playing 3 days a week my scoring average is 73.6 playing at 7,107 & 6,877 yards and I keep in the running for 5th position on our college team. I've only made two tournaments this year playing at a D2 school with that scoring average. Our school is ranked in the top 25 though

BTW: the actual tournaments most players scoring average goes up a few shots over your home course scores
    Cheers,
    Jay

You're how old? loser. About 12? loser. If you don't understand what is written then we can all assume you really aren't quite as intelligent as you'd have yourself believe. loser.

I drove the ball 600yds. loser. It went through 4 dreams scapes and a head call. loser. Now that's a drive! loser.

loser is the beginning and end result of someone who, no matter how hard they try, can't seem to grasp that they should never take golf or themself too serious. loser.

If I had to describe you I'd say you're a four putt two feet from the hole. loser.

And just to instruct: ;-) means your just kidding around, but adding "loser" to the end means you aren't. loser. If you're intentionally trying to create the scenario that no one can ever tell when you mean what you say then you're succeeding wonderfully. loser.

Ahh well enough frivolity. loser.

There are no such things as "big" words to an educated person. There are, however, big words used incorrectly and those people are posers. loser. If you wish to correct me then do so. loser. But if you aren't sure what is incorrect simply because you're uneducated then be quiet. loser. It just makes you appear more ignorant than normal. loser.
    HAHAHAHHA

yet again you make zero sense. well done!

Quote Originally Posted by O-men
    yeah...what fred said....

loser

NEXT.....

btw fred.... poseur...not poser....poser is one who poses as if in art...poseur is a person who attempts to impress others by assuming or affecting a manner, degree of elegance, sentiment, etc., other than his or her true one or One who affects a particular attribute, attitude, or identity to impress or influence others.....basically....THERETARDBIZARRE......
    atleast you corrected fred - possibly the smartest thing you've ever done! fred wont take kindly to this though so wait for the verbal diarrhoea aimed at you.

losers. ;-)

TIB,
    Why don't you post anything useful anymore? Your brand of humor at least was golf-related. Now you just seem to post about nothing (grammar, personal vendettas, etc.), and it's approaching a level of annoyance similar to HappyW*@. It's really a shame.
    Pull yourself together.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    TIB,
    Why don't you post anything useful anymore? Your brand of humor at least was golf-related. Now you just seem to post about nothing (grammar, personal vendettas, etc.), and it's approaching a level of annoyance similar to HappyW*@. It's really a shame.
    Pull yourself together.
    fred tried to act smart and show somebody up by using abnormally large words - i pointed out to him that he was wrong. he took exception as you can expect. small minds...

Happy's still gagging on my D.ick that's in his mouth....remember my little bi.tch no teeth of I will crush your little ass........now swallow bi.tch......

that's a good little secretary.....

NEXT.......

Happy's still gagging on my D.ick that's in his mouth......
    HAHAHAAHHAH you stupid. So you like the idea of getting your weenie sucked on by a man? HAHHAHHAAH you idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyW@*!
    HAHAHAAHHAH you stupid. So you like the idea of getting your weenie sucked on by a man? HAHHAHHAAH you idiot.
    I've got to be honest, I didn't expect Omen to come out with that one!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by swvaguy
    I don't know what it WAS, but what it seems to now be is - not making contact when she swings at the ball.

She actually whiffed an attempted sand shot the other day on 14. LOL!!!

It was hilarious! She whiffed it, then did what every 36+ handicapper does - she looked down briefly, then stepped away like she was only practicing. Oops, Michelle! the national TV camera caught you! Better get back down there & hack away until you finally get out of the trap!
    Er... get the story right matey,
    She did admit to it right away and it was caused because she had an impeded backswing...

Thread Information