|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

What is the longest ball on the market?

I played Warbird's last year. I want the absolute longest ball possible, I'm not worried about working the ball or spin. I want an absolute rock. So what's the longest ball?

Secondary question: Which budget ball is the best?

Tertiary question: Why does the Cally website say the Warbird has a softer feel this year? Does that mean it won't be as long? Why do all the distance balls claim to be softer than previous models? I don't want a softer ball I want the longest ball possible and that's it.

Omen, as a purist, are you willing to try Dimple in Dimple technology? Could this eventually lead to a Dimple in DImple in Dimple to infinity...like the infinity mirror thing? I sure hope so.

Another question: Callaway has those specially placed deeper dimples to control ball flight and presumably optimize spin to create better distance....why not make the whole ball out of the deeper dimples? Sorry lame joke (why not make the whole airplane out of the material they use to make the black box). I'm rambling...
    Taylor Made Tour Burner
    Taylor Made Supersteel 5 Wood
    Taylor Made Rescue Mid 22 degree hybrid
    Taylor Made Rac OS2 4-PW irons
    Callaway Big Bertha 48 degree
    Nike SV Wedges 56 degree
    Ping Doc 17 putter

as a purist if its not grain flow forged i wont hit it.... so i actually dont play golf yet... i am still waiting on MIZUNO to release a ball... it may not be the longest but it will definitely not react well off of cleveland shovel style blades.
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

The Nike Juice is pretty damn long and priced at $20 a dozen. I recieved a 2 ball sleeve for free from the pro shop where I normally play, I liked them and would consider buying them.
    FEA

Thanks Belly that's I will definitely try those.

Those videos they have on the nikegolf.com website are pretty sweet too (i like the ball going thru the cake).
    Taylor Made Tour Burner
    Nike SV Wedges 56 degree
    Ping Doc 17 putter

I haven't hit many distance only balls, but I can tell you that I've hit some absolute bombs off the tee with a Titty NXT Tour that I found. The Bible (Golf Digest) says that Callaway's HX Hot ball is long as well.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Which type of balls are longer:

A cheapo distance ball (slazenger, wilson, topflight) like 10-15 a dozen

or

A middle of the road NXT tour, HX hot, bridgestone, etc?

btw when I average 250 when I hit the driver well.
    Taylor Made Tour Burner
    Nike SV Wedges 56 degree
    Ping Doc 17 putter

The new Topflight D2s are getting great press and reviews and are 15 for $15.99.

www.theballstogoforit.com

I got a trial pack of the D2. I'm gonna try those out.

but i'm still wondering if the cheaper balls are longer than the more expensive balls.

Is a ProV1 longer than a Topflight D2?
    Taylor Made Tour Burner
    Nike SV Wedges 56 degree
    Ping Doc 17 putter

Longest ball? Something just short of a rock... Nike Distance (think it's called something else these days), Pinnacle... uhhh, anything, Top Flite's XL whatever number they are on now
    Driver: Cleveland Launcher Comp 10.5 Prolaunch Blue
    3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher Steel 15 Fujukura
    Hybrid: Cleveland Halo 2i 19 Degree
    Irons: Cleveland TA5 Gunmetal 4-PW
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 Gunmetal 51, CG10 Black Pearl 56 & 60 2 dot bounce
    Putter: Never Compromise Milled Series #1

I dont know which MAG it was but they did a test..longest ball..Wilson Staff Tx4.

I can find the thread on golfwrx if you dont believe me.

finaly some mags are getting it right.

Wilson staff for the win,'

JS
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    The Desperado. It's illegal.
    Last edited by bjdrivers; 04-19-2007 at 02:26 PM.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Yeah I don't think I want an illegal ball, just the hardest rock that will fit onto a tee. Wilson tx4's huh? I'll have to try those too.
    Taylor Made Tour Burner
    Nike SV Wedges 56 degree
    Ping Doc 17 putter

This was brought up in a response to this thread - but I did see Mizuno Golf Balls on sale in Dubai last year - but didn't see them this year. Don't know if the store manager was biased, ( but at the time the Taylor Made ball was still quite recent), but he didn't think much of the Mizuno Ball, stating he preferred the TM models. As I recall, there was a less spin / more distance quality ball ( cheaper) and a more tour inspired version, that wasn't targetting premium rang balls ( not Pro V1 target), but more NXT Tour target......

Haven't seen them since....

I didn't know mizono was ever in the golf club business. Wow Dubai huh? I've seen a few documentaries on that place, looks like a pretty amazing place.
    Taylor Made Tour Burner
    Nike SV Wedges 56 degree
    Ping Doc 17 putter

I was determined to find the longest golf ball (for me!) and late in the evening about a month ago, I carried out a test on our 18th hole (it was quiet and I treated it like the range).

I hit about 80 balls down the fairway. These included Top-Flite, Callaway HX Red, Callaway HX Hot, Titleist ProV, Titliest ProVx, Wilson Tx4, Pinnacle, Nike One, Nike Platinium, Callaway HX Tour, Callaway HX 56, Titleist NXT tour, Titleist So-Lo, Callaway Warbird and Wilson Dx2.

After hitting all these balls I walked down the fairway and noted which balls I came to first. Lo and Behold the 2-piece balls were the ones I came accross. Any way to get to the point all 3 of the 4 Callaway HX tour were ahead of the rest. Titleist ProVs were next. The Wilson Tx4 were middle of the road! Also of a suprise to me were the fact that the Titleist ProVx and Callaway 56 were a bit behind the ProV and Callaway HX tour.

I've since gone out and bought 4 dozen Callaway Blacks.

If you have a decent swing speed the premium golf balls still go further than the rocks (2-piece balls). They definitely carry further!

That's my two-pennies worth!
    [I]You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation[/I]

Good luck with the durability on those HX tours. I agree, it's a really nice performing ball, but after a few spins off my wedges, they look like they've been run over by a backhoe a few dozen times. Hardly worth the price. I get the same performance from the HX Red target model balls for half the price.

HX RED TARGET MODEL BALLS....

what a little bi.tch

your wedges arent tearing up the hx tours its the trees and cartpaths you daft cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    HX RED TARGET MODEL BALLS....

what a little bi.tch

your wedges arent tearing up the hx tours its the trees and cartpaths you daft cow.
    My HX Red TARGET MODEL ball would take a dump on your proV as it passed over on the way up!

what ball is the longest?Thats easy what ever ball is Tee'd up in front of MEhttp://forums.golfreview.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Well, I decided to try out the Bridgestone E6 partly because of their outlandish claim that it will reduce my slice\hook. I've been playing NXT Tours so far this year and I've notice that my irons have been drawing like crazy and my driver slicing like mad compared to the rocks (i mean warbirds) that I used last year.

I've got some good recommendations's on the E6's so I hope they diminish the draw tendency in my irons by a little bit. I'll be a happy camper!
    Taylor Made Tour Burner
    Nike SV Wedges 56 degree
    Ping Doc 17 putter

Yeah, well aware the HX Tours scuff up after a round but I buy the "Mint" Callaways from a number of eBay sellers. The quality of the balls are excellent and they perform well. You will pick them up for about $20 a dozen.
    [I]You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation[/I]

make sure those ebay balls aren't more than 2 or 3 weeks old or they will likely be "stale" and "dead"
    Taylor Made Tour Burner
    Nike SV Wedges 56 degree
    Ping Doc 17 putter

hey bj tell the truth your steroid abuse has limited your backswing thats why you only hit the driver 215 downwind.... maybe you should try the precept laddie, could be good for you

I got 72 (6 dozen for the arithmetically challenged) hx red balls in AAAA condition for $44 shipped. ha

now wait a minute .... bj you said you were playing the callaway bi.tch model but you left Omen's brand of ball in your signature... sloppy.... no bananna for you today..

When are you two going to come out and admit that you love each other?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

i'm too damn lazy to change my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    When are you two going to come out and admit that you love each other?
    If you must know, I am Omen's biological father. He still hasn't gotten past the fact that his real mom lives in a zoo in africa with an adopted silverback. Kids these days..... they don't know how to forgive and forget!!!!

i heard that those Target model Cally balls are not even made by Callaway. I've heard they're from a crappy manufacturer and they are stamped Cally to make money (of course Callaway is involved in the branding/selling process). but i've heard that some golf ball manufacturer's sell these sh*ters to the big boys (like Callaway) who sell them at downmarket stores like Target. Notice they're not even mentioned on callaway's website?

dude, you'd be better off grabbing the slazy money balls or Noodle Ice cuz i don't think those are cally golf balls you're using.
    Taylor Made Tour Burner
    Nike SV Wedges 56 degree
    Ping Doc 17 putter

haha.... bj is playing a restamped dunlop..... what a dufus.. thats what you get for buying from the french

hmmmm hmmmm hmmm. Just got back from our 3 man scramble. Our third guy never showed up, so it was just me and dad. (dad's a 19 handi). We shot a 67. 13/14 FW, 18/18 GIR. 3 birdies, 1 eagle, 14 pars. Too bad neither of us could putt today. By the way, I alternated playing a TARGET MODEL HX Red, and a ProV1x. My drives with the Red were consistantly about 5 yards longer than the prov1x. I drove a downhill 301 yd par 4 with it. And btw cbadics, TARGET MODEL means the older Callaway target logo, rather than the newer chevron logo. Doesn't mean it was bought at Target dildo.

Check Your Pm's Bj.... Do It Now

Longest Golf Ball

Well, those asking for the very longest ball dont mention whether they should be legal or not! I guess that, just for fun, many will not care.

However, as a frequent visotor to the USA I can say that I have tried them all.
    Without doubt the longest is the "FOREVER". They are not expensive.

The Forever is at least 25yds longer than the next best illegal ball.
    They are at least 40yds longer than the best legal ball.

These are available in most of the large golf superstores in packs of two or three (not sure which). You will also find them on the internet. Beware, these are so hard they are club wreckers. I have wrecked two Ping drivers which Ping have thankfully replaced free (once with a later model). However I am retired and play about 5 times a week. So I guess it took a good 4 months to wreck my drivers.

Good luck

Had a Titleist rep tell me this a few weeks ago that ALL golf balls are within a few yards of each other off the tee. The difference in balls is around the green. He said that if you want to select the proper ball start at the green first and work back from there and not the tee forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman
    Had a Titleist rep tell me this a few weeks ago that ALL golf balls are within a few yards of each other off the tee. The difference in balls is around the green. He said that if you want to select the proper ball start at the green first and work back from there and not the tee forward.
    If that's true then why would anyone pick anything other than the highest spinning/softest ball? That's what you want around the green. Price would be the only factor.

Well, the key difference is a harder ball will roll more which is true of ANY harder ball. His point was really how do you want to play around the greens. Do you like to flop the ball with spin or do you prefer bump and run? For the former, you do need a soft spinning ball and for the latter a firmer ball with less spin will do. It's all in how you approach the game around the greens. I think he has a valid point in that if most amateurs tightened up their short games they could cut 7-9 strokes a round.

Longest I've played recently is Srixon AD333. Longer off all irons, hybrids and driver. I'm a very low ball hitter and this one gets it up a little and the shallow angle of descent is evident off driver but decreases off irons as the lofts go up. Feels like almost nothing at impact on full shots but putts pretty good and does not check up violently on chips/pitches like a Pro V which I don't want in my short game anyway. And spooky long into the wind even with my 905R driver which is a pretty high spin head.

The Srixon Z Star is a good ball too. They have stepped up their game in the last year or so.

I will say in terms of overall distance the longest ball I ever hit was a Nike Juice. Damn thing would roll forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman
    Well, the key difference is a harder ball will roll more which is true of ANY harder ball. His point was really how do you want to play around the greens. Do you like to flop the ball with spin or do you prefer bump and run? For the former, you do need a soft spinning ball and for the latter a firmer ball with less spin will do. It's all in how you approach the game around the greens. I think he has a valid point in that if most amateurs tightened up their short games they could cut 7-9 strokes a round.
    Even with a bump and run it's better to have high spin because you can accellerate through the ball, have it bounce once with a nice check on it and then it gently rolls toward the hole. I don't know anyone who prefers a hard ball for the bump and run shot.

I do not disagree with that sentiment one bit famousdavis. Why the guy said one needs to look at around the green first for ball selection. That is where you save the most strokes. I prefer spin. Get that one hop and stop thing going.

The longest ball for you is dependent on your swing speed.Slow to moderate swing seeds will see more distance with a softer, more spin ball.....for fast swing speeds, a soft ball can be counter productive

Also, your TYPE of swing angle will play in part of the decision making process, flat swing plane would find a need for a different ball than those with an upright swing plane.

Also, your geographic area will play a part as well...do you wanna take advantage of a hard surface and get more roll? or want more carry and less roll?

You live in a warm and humid area where the ball flies longer but doesn't roll as far?

Many variables..

Quote Originally Posted by indacup
    The longest ball for you is dependent on your swing speed.Slow to moderate swing seeds will see more distance with a softer, more spin ball.....for fast swing speeds, a soft ball can be counter productive

Also, your TYPE of swing angle will play in part of the decision making process, flat swing plane would find a need for a different ball than those with an upright swing plane.

Also, your geographic area will play a part as well...do you wanna take advantage of a hard surface and get more roll? or want more carry and less roll?

You live in a warm and humid area where the ball flies longer but doesn't roll as far?

Many variables..
    You forgot to mention how low your testicles hang. Of course, this too changes throughout the year based on temperature and humidity.

Thread Information