|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Please Help Me re: Rifle 5.5 vs. R300

I'm a blade addict and have a choice between two great old sets, one with R300 and the other with Rifle 5.5. Can anyone tell me what the feel/performance differences are likely to be? I like to swing relatively easy, with quiet hands and lots of leg-pull. Thanks.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    My advice would be to hit balls with each shaft and see which gives you the ball flight characteristics that you're looking for. I think 5.5 is stiff but I'm not sure.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

if you need shaft advice for a ladies set of irons, horseballs has bought several, he currently plays the limpest noodles available..
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Get the rifles, doesn't matter if they fit you or not they look cooler with their smooth exterior, tapers are for sissies.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Yeah, I agree with never, always go with what looks better. Thats why I have pink ladies shafts in my irons.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

I play Rifle 6.0's in my 690.CB's and love the feel. Compared against the s300 when I got the clubs and the Rifle's won out. Also played them on my old TM 300's so I think I'm sold.

If you are more of a reg. flex guy, go with the R300; if more a stiff flex player get the Rifle 5.5s. I have Rifle Lite 4.5 in my MacGregor 565 irons and they are great even though I play a stiff shafts in my drivers. Orig. had some concern that may be too soft but not the least bit so. In fact, they feel more like a "firm" to me than reg. Both choices you have are great but let your swingspeed make the choice.

You're actually quite lousy at being a smartass. Perhaps you might consider quitting golf and taking up steel cable bungy jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by swartzd
    If you are more of a reg. flex guy, go with the R300; if more a stiff flex player get the Rifle 5.5s. I have Rifle Lite 4.5 in my MacGregor 565 irons and they are great even though I play a stiff shafts in my drivers. Orig. had some concern that may be too soft but not the least bit so. In fact, they feel more like a "firm" to me than reg. Both choices you have are great but let your swingspeed make the choice.
    Do you ever have a problem with hooking the ball with your irons? I have the same clubs with same shafts(4.5) and I've had a hard time keeping the ball straight. Recently it's been better because I've been trying to hit a fade, but when I do that the feel just isn't the same, and I hit a lot of thin shots. I actually ordered the 5.5s today and I'm hoping that will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
    Do you ever have a problem with hooking the ball with your irons? I have the same clubs with same shafts(4.5) and I've had a hard time keeping the ball straight. Recently it's been better because I've been trying to hit a fade, but when I do that the feel just isn't the same, and I hit a lot of thin shots. I actually ordered the 5.5s today and I'm hoping that will fix the problem.
    I'll pull an occasional tee shot but haven't noticed a curving hook. Like I said in my prior post, the 4.5s don't seem to be the least bit whippy to me. I don't tend to swing with my irons as fast as my driver.

I'll pull an occasional tee shot but haven't noticed a curving hook. Like I said in my prior post, the 4.5s don't seem to be the least bit whippy to me. I don't tend to swing with my irons as fast as my driver.
    Wow, i am hitting the ball so much better with the 5.5s compared to 4.5s. I stuck my first 8 iron shot to within 5 feet of the hole, then on the 8th hole(180 yds) I got a hole in one with my 7 iron. And the feel is much better also.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
    Wow, i am hitting the ball so much better with the 5.5s compared to 4.5s. I stuck my first 8 iron shot to within 5 feet of the hole, then on the 8th hole(180 yds) I got a hole in one with my 7 iron. And the feel is much better also.
    You got the new shafts and had 'em installed already? How much to replace?

You got the new shafts and had 'em installed already? How much to replace?
    Actually I just bought new ones on ebay for $148 including shipping. I'm gonna sell the 4.5s for around $185, so I didn't really lose any money by changing the shafts. The new clubs are actually 4-GW, which is much better because before I had about a 35 yd gap between the M565 PW and my regulary GW. And I hit the 4 iron around 220 so a 3 iron isn't really that important.

Thread Information