|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Todays Results

Todays Results

Well, today was extremely windy (gusting to 60km/h) and it was the first round of the worlds qualifier in saskatoon. I played pretty solid actually, had to grind it out but I'm not to disapointed as pretty much the entire field struggled. Took a double bogey on 18 which put a dark cloud over an otherwise solid round. had some bad bogeys but thats alright. Tomorrow is another day. link to leaderboard:http://cajga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/c...eaderboard.htm

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

not bad considering the winds... those are the kind of up and down rounds that i hate, but given it was in gusting gail force winds it's a respectable showing. Good luck tomorrow.
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

here in saskatchewan we are used to some high winds but today they were crazy. Thanks omen.

tm
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

You look in good shape -few back of the leader but as they say not many between you and the top position. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks, I play in the final group with the leader so I might have to use some head games. get in his kitchen as you might say. Thanks Steve.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by TmacG
    Thanks, I play in the final group with the leader so I might have to use some head games. get in his kitchen as you might say. Thanks Steve.

TmacG
    Good luck Tmac. Treat it like you would a match play round and wear your tightest shirt.

my thoughts exactly, i was planning on wearing some high heels as to intimidate my competitors.

t
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

hey good lucj today with that hope ya win thatd be awsome for you... good luck

Bring it home boss.

On another note, I hit a golf ball about 400 times today.

Shot 74.

remember im just a small child .

Tiard,

JS
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Well, I played like a POS and shot 83. the ball wouldnt go in the hole where its supposed to go.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    lol Mac, it happens. Just a slap-in-the-face reminder of why all of us have real jobs.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Off the first tee there was a left to right wind and I think to myself, Tanner, dont hit it right and put yourself in trouble off the first tee. So I step up and hit a nice hook into the water that shouldnt come into play way left. so my ball is in the mud inside the hazard but playable so I attempted to hit the Damn ball and it went about a foot. bad choice on my part. so i took a drop, hit it right of the green, hit it on(good chip) and lip out for dub.

Good start.
    I'll get over it.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Sorry to hear that, TmacG. Taking a double or triple on the first hole is always death.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Yeah, its really hard to recover when inside your already putting yourself down.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

sorry to hear about the 83 ... i played twice yesterday... with three guys that were very new to the game and i shot an 81 or 82... then went back out by myself and shot 74 two birdies and 4 bogeys.... okay i guess.

kind of funny: i started on 10 hit a great drive and had 98 left to the center out of some decent rough... 58* rolled it right past the pin and made the 4 footer.... forgot to turn the card over so i put a 3 in for the first hole... noticed the oversight and said, just leave it incase you birdie the 1st....

made the turn one over.... ripped a great drive down the middle and had a gap wedge to the middle.... hit it a little to steep... it gets up a little fast doesnt get all the way to the hole and then the spin jerks it back about 8 feet.. so now i have a 20 footer up the hill left to right.... on it's last revolution it falls in on the left edge...

then i bogeyed the next two consecutive holes... long dogleg left par 4... 461 ... and the approach was dead into the wind...... of course i hit a fade off the tee so i leave myself 220 into the wind... hit a great 3 iron punch shot that stopped about 1 foot short of the front edge... on the fringe to the front pin and three putted from there... painful

oh well...

do any of you guys notice a lack of focus in your game when you are playing with higher handicappers.... it's weird: i always seem to start trying to crush the ball to impress them ( let's face it the average golfer is impressed by a 275 yard drive) and i end up all over the place and scrambling for par... they never understand why i'm pissed off with my 82+, and rightfully so because they just watched me hit the ball all over the course. I wish that i could just play my game always and never let my ego get in the way.. just me, but i suck so that settles that.

I tend to play to the level of my competition to some degree. More like I focus only as well as my playing partners if that makes any sense. My best rounds are tournament rounds because everyone is playing for something.
    I have a game plan at my home course and won't deviate very often on the clubs I hit off the tee on the 4's and 5's unless there is serious wind. The area of my course management that suffers when playing non-comp rounds is usually on my shots into the green. There are some places that are guaranteed bogies or even doubles that I know I should avoid. I never seem to hit to those places when I'm playing for something other than pride.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    do any of you guys notice a lack of focus in your game when you are playing with higher handicappers.... it's weird: i always seem to start trying to crush the ball to impress them ( let's face it the average golfer is impressed by a 275 yard drive) and i end up all over the place and scrambling for par... they never understand why i'm pissed off with my 82+, and rightfully so because they just watched me hit the ball all over the course. I wish that i could just play my game always and never let my ego get in the way.. just me, but i suck so that settles that.
    Definitely, I play with a hack buddy of mine a lot and I always lose focus. He slows the game down enough that is starts affecting me. He knows he sucks so he starts goofing around on the green and starts talking smack. It gets to be annoying after a while and I'll occansionally say something to him but it's usually too late. When I show up by myself I always hope they match me up with players better than me so I have something to shoot for, I play better than way.

so it's not just me... good to know.

I can't pinpoint exactly when, but I lost focus some weekend back in college.

And Hang in there TMac.

I play as part of a group of 6 and while I am a single digit they are all anywhere from 12-25 with the majority being higher. It is very difficult to focus and improve.

Earlier this year, one of them brought a long a friend who was an 8 hc and he basically told me I was waisting my time. Problem is we have the tee times every week and I know if I did not have the commitment, I would end up not going.
    You can't handle the past.

well aint that a pain the arse.

I remember in my HS provincial TRNY I hit a drive barley in the right rough on the first tee and When I got up there I coulden't find my ball. I was livid. Tripled the first hole. ****. still came like..T5 or something for the trny. +9 for the day I believe. had 3 triples. was WINDY AS ****. I saw someone shoes blowing away in the wind. Yeah..thats right..the wind was blowing his ****ing shoes.

anyway..

CJS
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

There should be some type of rule declaring that, if all members of the group agree that the ball should be in that location in the rough, fairway, (no not the trees) that you should be able to drop a ball at the nearest location that you think your ball should have been. That happens more and more these days. damn gophers

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

agreed... my local spot has grown up the rough and i do appreciate the fact that they are punishing you for not finding the shortgrass... insult turns to injury when you cant find that brand new pro v1.... i mean come on guys we don't have spotters marking our balls down so that we can find them... and we know that the more expensive the ball the greater its propensity for nestling down under clovers and in bermuda....

so to have to go back to the tee and hit three is just almost too much to bare... granted if i hit one 50 yards off line i deserve the ass pain... but if it's no more than 10 yards off the fairway it should be recoverable, with no more penalty than having to play it out sideways or what have you.... the worst part is that since i'm not very long on my good days i will only miss a few fairways, and on my bad days i will only miss all the fairways by a little bit, but i lose up to 2 balls to them nestling down in the rough and not being able to find them....

right now our rough is probably 3 1/2 - 4 inches.... and there are some areas that have been unmown ( granted you would have to be 25 yards off line to get into it) so the grasses there are 2 feet or so.....

4 inches of clovers and bermuda is really difficult to find a ball in..... i think they are just saving on gas, i.e. they mow it down to an inch and then wait a week to mow it again??? i don't know but i do know that it's always thick lately and if it hadn't been for some of the guys i've been paired with and their ball hawking abilities i would have lost several pro v's....

i guess the simple thing would be to hit every fairway... hard to not find a ball there right?

It's hard to say, I have had those few times where you pipe your ball down the fairway and then you get up there and its no where to be found, whats with that? Must be some guy in the bush waiting for you to hit, then he goes to snag your prov1 before you get to it.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Thread Information