|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Nickent 4dx hybrid

Has anyone tried the new 4dx hybrids yet? I'm a big fan of the 3dx line and wanted to see if any one had yet.
    Driver - Callaway FT-5 9.5 Stiff Fuji360
    3 Wood - Nike Ignite T-60 (Fuji)
    4H - Nickent 3DX 4H
    4-PW - TM Rac OS 2
    GW- Titleist Spin Milled 52/8
    SW - TM Rac Black 54/10
    AP - Titleist Spin Milled 60/12
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Detour 2.0

Handicap - 16 (index)

before i spend that much money on a hybrid, i would get 3 of the 3dx hybrids. im just not a big fan of buying all of the brand new stuff when the models from the year before are great. if i had 400 dollars, and i needed a driver and a putter, would i just say, 'i dont need the putter right now....", and get a superquad, or would i get an r7 425, and a nice putter, and still maybe have some money leftover? i hope you chose option number two, because i would.

my 2 cents
    Cobra 400 SZ
    Orlimar Trimetal 3 Wood
    Nicklaus Dual Point 3 Hybrid
    Ping Eye 2 irons 4-9
    Tom Watson 07 G,S,L wedges
    Golden Bear BL-3 Putter

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser. ~Arnold Palmer

1) I don't need a driver or putter. That was the dumbest Fuking analogy you could have made.

2) The 4dx are going for 120 on ebay, and there aren't that many bids. Considering that comes with a UST graphite shaft, I'm not that concerned about the price.

3) I bought my 3dx for around the same price a year ago, If the 4dx is slightly more forgiving and longer, than the 120 price tag does not bother me, I need to add a 1H in place of my 3 wood anyways.

I understand the concept of buying last year's stuff to save money, at times I do (my irons and wedges) and at times I like the way the newer stuff feels (driver and putter). my decision to purchase has everything to do with how I like swinging the club. I am going to go demo it today, I simply posted on this site to see if anyone had tried it.

Since you haven't, shut your damn trap and move on to a different post.

WTF is up with all these uppity 30 post know it alls? God, where the hell is LC3 when you need him.
    4H - Nickent 3DX 4H
    4-PW - TM Rac OS 2
    SW - TM Rac Black 54/10

Handicap - 16 (index)

i dont know it all. i know the least about golf as most of the people on here. if you done like my analogys, live with it. whine whine whine. what kinid of cheese would u like with that wine???? so stfu.
    Cobra 400 SZ
    Orlimar Trimetal 3 Wood
    Ping Eye 2 irons 4-9
    Golden Bear BL-3 Putter

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser. ~Arnold Palmer

Like I said...

If you can't answer the original fuking question ( which you couldn't) don't respond to the damn thread. Reading your posts provided me with about as much help as going to a special olympics game and booing. Do me a favor, don't respond to my threads or posts, or for that matter.... ever breath again. When your balls drop and you gain enough standing come back to the big boy forum with a little more knowledge and originality in your flames and perhaps you wont have your ass handed to you a la carte. Let me summarize. GO AWAY.
    4H - Nickent 3DX 4H
    4-PW - TM Rac OS 2
    SW - TM Rac Black 54/10

Handicap - 16 (index)

to anser your ?... the 4dx is a little more forgiving an a little less workable... which is why i went w/the 3dx great club though it depends on what youre looking for...

Thank you pingman, I think I might end up keeping the 3dx in the 4h and buying the 4dx in 2h because I want a forigiving straight hitter to get the greens in two but I need my hybrid that I can work off of the tee as well.

I appreciate the response.
    4H - Nickent 3DX 4H
    4-PW - TM Rac OS 2
    SW - TM Rac Black 54/10

Handicap - 16 (index)

If i said that i wouldnt spend the money on the hybrid, then that means i didnt try it. I answered your question you douschebag, so shutup and stop complaining.
    Cobra 400 SZ
    Orlimar Trimetal 3 Wood
    Ping Eye 2 irons 4-9
    Golden Bear BL-3 Putter

So when your teacher asks you a question in class you raise your hand and go, "OOH OOH!!! I DON'T KNOW I DIDN'T READ THE MATERIAL CALL ON ME!"

Who would respond to a thread like this with, "I didn't try it... but here's my two cents anyways"

Christ kid, you're way more of a sped than I thought. I feel bad for picking on you now.... no, not really, you deserve it and then some.

What happened to me telling you not to respond to my threads (or breath)? You must be a terrible man slave, you don't listen to directions! I don't know why the idiot bazzare puts up with you.
    4H - Nickent 3DX 4H
    4-PW - TM Rac OS 2
    SW - TM Rac Black 54/10

Handicap - 16 (index)

many of the people on here do that, and i will answer your threads all i want. once again.STOP F***IN COMPLAINING!
    Cobra 400 SZ
    Orlimar Trimetal 3 Wood
    Ping Eye 2 irons 4-9
    Golden Bear BL-3 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by augafan48
    many of the people on here do that, and i will answer your threads all i want. once again.STOP F***IN COMPLAINING!
    Translation: Everyone else does it so it must be cool so I have to do it too. Being a sheep pwns!!!

....And and and you can't tell me what to do because I'm all grown up and what not! So HA!

It's retards like you giving advice about topics that you have no knowledge on that killed this forum. Everyone got mad at Lyle and LC3 and Omen because they were "mean" and "flamed". No, they simply tried to stop the bullsiht (posts like yours) from spreading rampant. Do you not notice how when others who give advice on other topics do so having knowledge and experience in that topic? I always respond to those with appreciation and gratitude. Stop posting just to feel like you did something productive with your pathetic life, it doesn't make you cool, it kills whatever credibility you have left, and frankly, it makes you more of a loser than you already are.

Being barely functional and competent at life must hurt. How old are you, 14?
    4H - Nickent 3DX 4H
    4-PW - TM Rac OS 2
    SW - TM Rac Black 54/10

Handicap - 16 (index)

This Is A Golf Forum And I Play Golf And I Will Answer All The Questions I Want No Matter How Inexperienced I Am In It And You Can Complain About How Normal People Ruined The Forum All You Want. Its People Like You That Drive All The People On Ehre Away, And Omen And Lyle And Lc3 Are All Great Guys And I Completely Agree With Them, But You, No. You Just Suck. Ill Post On All Of Your Topics Now Just To Make You Happy. Ha Ha Ha........
    Cobra 400 SZ
    Orlimar Trimetal 3 Wood
    Ping Eye 2 irons 4-9
    Golden Bear BL-3 Putter

This Is A Golf Forum And I Play Golf And I Will Answer All The Questions I Want No Matter How Inexperienced I Am In It And You Can Complain About How Normal People Ruined The Forum All You Want. Its People Like You That Drive All The People On Ehre Away, And Omen And Lyle And Lc3 Are All Great Guys And I Completely Agree With Them, But You, No. You Just Suck. Ill Post On All Of Your Topics Now Just To Make You Happy. Ha Ha Ha........
    ummm dude... not to get in this argument but you do know that he can just block you right???

i dont know, just arguing.
    Cobra 400 SZ
    Orlimar Trimetal 3 Wood
    Ping Eye 2 irons 4-9
    Golden Bear BL-3 Putter

Don't argue until you have more sinority over those with more posts. As for now, make good, helpful posts. If you dont have something worth saying then dont say it. Theres enough of us doing that already.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    ummm dude... not to get in this argument but you do know that he can just block you right???
    hahahaha, I didn't see this till you quoted him. I was wondering how long before somebody told him his fly was down.

Tmac long time no talk, how's the game coming?
    4H - Nickent 3DX 4H
    4-PW - TM Rac OS 2
    SW - TM Rac Black 54/10

Handicap - 16 (index)

golfnut got mad at me for saying stuff that wasnt worth saying and said that i was ruining forum, and now tmacg says that most guys do that already? something wrong with this picture...........
    Cobra 400 SZ
    Orlimar Trimetal 3 Wood
    Ping Eye 2 irons 4-9
    Golden Bear BL-3 Putter

golfnut got mad at me for saying stuff that wasnt worth saying and said that i was ruining forum, and now tmacg says that most guys do that already? something wrong with this picture...........

I think the lesson you can learn from this is - When you jump into a pigpen, you can expect to get as 'muddy' as the pigs already in the pen.

That seems to have been the M.O. of this board for the last couple of years, ever since they started allowing little boys to be board monitors. After a few months hiatus, I see nothing has changed. It's still all about little boys feeding their ego's...

Tsk, tsk, tsk...such a waste...

Ask yourself the following:

Is the 3Dx and the 4Dx really that different?
    Do you believe the marketing Hype?
    Are you good enough to feel the difference?
    Would a Weed Hook be about the same in performance?
    Cobra 350 SS Stiff / HM Tour shaft (mid Kick)
    Cobra SZ 3wood
    Nickent 3DX Hybrid
    MacGregor VIP Tourney 3 -PW
    Mizuno MP20 52 and 56
    Titleist Vokey 60
    STX Black Putter.

Pro V1 or Titleist NXT

I'd like to make a quick post on this thread, as I bbelieve I am more familiar w/Nickent Clus than most. One of the local shops has a manager w/whom I have a good relationship. He was selling Nickent clubs since they finally began marketing clubs under their own name. I have hit just about all the Nickent Clubs that have ever come out. (Please read my reviews on epinions.com). Nickent has always been the best bang for the buck, and now, in addition to their high tech bent from the beginning, they have started to refine things to the point of excellence. However, I am digressing. The 4DX line is the latest from renowned club designer John Hoeflich. (The same guy that gave us Tommy Armour 845's and a host of Taylor Made Products) has given us some of the finest Drivers, Fairway Metals, and Hybrids to come down the pike in some time. Let me elaborate on the 4DX Hybrid for now.

The original 3 DX hybrid was quite the haymaker when it first came out. It didn't hit balloon shot after balloon shot like most of the other hybrids of that first generation. It tended to be more pre-disposed to line drives, boring trajectories, and even chipping. Thus it's leap to dominance on The Nationwide Tour, while all the others tried desperately to catch up. Next came the 3DX DC. The polymer tungsten weights certainly helped add forgiveness to the equation. This was important because the the original 3DX was most definitely a shot maker's hybrid. Now comes the 4DX. It is definitely more forgiving than either of the other two. It's deeper face does remove some workability from the equation, but the new UST Shafts are superior to the earlier models. It's definitely longer, and you need to ease up a bit on your swing to let this club reach it's fullest potential. It's a real swat machine, and as a 15 handicap--I'll take the distance and give up a little workability. I find the drivers and fairway metals to be equally impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Berniez40
    I'd like to make a quick post on this thread, as I bbelieve I am more familiar w/Nickent Clus than most. One of the local shops has a manager w/whom I have a good relationship. He was selling Nickent clubs since they finally began marketing clubs under their own name. I have hit just about all the Nickent Clubs that have ever come out. (Please read my reviews on epinions.com). Nickent has always been the best bang for the buck, and now, in addition to their high tech bent from the beginning, they have started to refine things to the point of excellence. However, I am digressing. The 4DX line is the latest from renowned club designer John Hoeflich. (The same guy that gave us Tommy Armour 845's and a host of Taylor Made Products) has given us some of the finest Drivers, Fairway Metals, and Hybrids to come down the pike in some time. Let me elaborate on the 4DX Hybrid for now.

The original 3 DX hybrid was quite the haymaker when it first came out. It didn't hit balloon shot after balloon shot like most of the other hybrids of that first generation. It tended to be more pre-disposed to line drives, boring trajectories, and even chipping. Thus it's leap to dominance on The Nationwide Tour, while all the others tried desperately to catch up. Next came the 3DX DC. The polymer tungsten weights certainly helped add forgiveness to the equation. This was important because the the original 3DX was most definitely a shot maker's hybrid. Now comes the 4DX. It is definitely more forgiving than either of the other two. It's deeper face does remove some workability from the equation, but the new UST Shafts are superior to the earlier models. It's definitely longer, and you need to ease up a bit on your swing to let this club reach it's fullest potential. It's a real swat machine, and as a 15 handicap--I'll take the distance and give up a little workability. I find the drivers and fairway metals to be equally impressive.
    wo this is a great post you semm to kknow quite a bit about Nickent thats really helpful.... thanks a lot...

Thanks!

If you haven' t noticed--I think Nickent is the most under-rated maker in today's market place. Their stuff rocks!--I have recently gone back to Nickent Drivers and believe when the prices come down in a couple of years I will probably be fully bagged w/4DX stuff.

Thread Information