|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Swing Video/Help with swing issues

OK, here is a link to my swing, there are 2 different swings taken at my home course and one taken at Bear's Best Las Vegas NV. I have lost some distance with my driver but i am finding more fairways. I would like to start hitting a draw to get some of the distance back. Can any of you give some things that I might try to get this done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPvMkZursAQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMHtuSxmSKM

Thank you
    Driver: Clevland XLS, Aldila NV 65-S shafdt
    Long Irons :XLS 2(19deg) and 4 (25 deg) Hybrid
    Irons: Wilson CI-6 Irons
    Putter: Ody 2 Ball Putter
    BALLS: Bridgestone B-330S

On 2d video, not sure what your target is, but if center of fairway, your shoulders and feet are aligned left which would make a reverse pivot harder to avoid (an attempt at a full turn becomes a reverse). Also, it could help to feel resistance in right hip turning back.

REVERSE PIVOT... thats your biggest issue right now there are several other littler issues but untill you fix that there isnt any sence going to anything else... then second one i would work on is shortening your swing considerably you get way ahead of it on your downswing which causes the fade/slice...

I never thought about weight shift, when i was swinging harder i swung thru it really easily and even transfered the weight to quickly to my front foot. I will try the drills and reload a swing video in a few days once i feel that it is comfortable again. from lorenzoinoc I was aligned left and i noticed that as soon as you said that. the shot ended up in the correct place which makes it even worse!

Yeah in the second video you were definately aligned left. your feet and shoulders were open which would lead to a fade, which you were trying to get away from. I also noticed, as said above, that you dont transfer from your back foot to your front foot. This is one of the major reasons you may be losing distance. Try to get through the ball, step back and step through the ball, (kind of like baseball)

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

You definitely have a reverse pivot. I'd start by working on your stance by getting into a more athletic position.I am mainly referring to your legs. You stand up pretty staight. You need a little more knee flex. Think of how an infielder gets ready to field a ball. Second would be add a little more shoulder tilt at address. Your shoulders look almost level. More tilt should help discourage a reverse pivot. I also have to agree with Pingman on the length of your backswing. Going that far past parallel cause your hands to have to play catch up. Most pros, with some exceptions, keep the driver at parallel or sligthly less than parallel.

except..... JOHN DALY!!%$&@*

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

i don;t know how daly does ground out his club on his back swing

I remember awhile back seeing an article by Hank Haney that offered an interesting analysis of one of the causes of a reverse pivot. I found it this weekend in the July, 06 Golf Digest - p43. (I know, I know, I need to get a life. Some of us married guys look at the restroom as a refuge so having a library in there with some depth isn't a bad thing.)

Anyway, Haney discussed eye alignment such that if your eyes tilt down (head tilting forward) it would lead to a reverse pivot. I couldn't determine from the videos whether that might be affecting you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TmacG
    except..... JOHN DALY!!%$&@*

TmacG
    Or Bubba Watson. I have no idea how he manages to hit the ball solidly.

Looking at the video from the front you move your head towards the target on the back swing. That's the biggest thing I saw. With a driver you should keep your head behind the ball (on the "away from target" side) rather than reverse pivoting like that.

On the other movie it looks like you open the club face up right away. I would try to keep the eyes of the club "looking" at the ball for longer. Meaning, the triangle that your left and right arm make at address should stay the same for as long as possible. Don't rotate your wrists/forearms. Try to keep the club face closed longer. My guess is you hit a lot of slices and when you do get your hands square and everything caught up you pull it left...is there any truth to this???

Your swing actually looks pretty good. I'd first work on alignment. I think this might cure many issues you're having. You are aimed WAY left and so many issues can be fixed with alignment. Use the railroad track drill and get yourself square (have someone check to be sure you are). Then I'd tilt my head away from the target slightly and keep it there on the whole swing. Rotate your hips, don't let them sway. It's hard to say without being there to say "stop right there!"

Thread Information