|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Paintball 2009: Official Thread

It's truly gratifying to see San Diego rise to the occasion and beat the s.hit out of Montreal recently. The upcoming match with Chicago should be a doozy promising a few direct hits to the nuts followed by obvious exruciating pain. I like a sport where the players don't wear tight, gay pants like in the NFL. They don't have to wear those you know.
    GR lives...

Where is Paintballin' Jeff when we so desperately need him? He was the guy who said he was going to get a paintball scholarship to college. He made a vigorous defense of paintballing as a significant sport......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Paintballing is a great way to enjoy a good beer buzz.

Nothing funnier than shooting your buddy in the @ss while he's taking a leak and watching him rage as he pisses all over himself. Good times.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Paintballing? Yeah that's way more manly and rough than MMA fighting....are you f ucking serious? Well at least I know now that my trying to argue for the sake of fighting was lost on some paintball nerds....not to take anything away from paintballing....it is really fun, just kinda geeky

Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    Paintballing? Yeah that's way more manly and rough than MMA fighting....are you f ucking serious? Well at least I know now that my trying to argue for the sake of fighting was lost on some paintball nerds....not to take anything away from paintballing....it is really fun, just kinda geeky
    Shooting someone in the @ss from 20 feet away is much less gay than lying on top of him dry humping his @ss.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

For a guy who likes to indulge in the pakalolo you sure are closed-minded. Or maybe you just indulged too much and forgot that I'm that other Fedor fan on GR...

I love watching MMA but I'm a 34 year old with "too many cumulative injuries" to consider trying to become the next big thing in welterweight MMA. I am however considering a career in a newly formed semi-professional stoned/drunk paintball league - because on that particular battlefield, I am the Terminator, the Universal Soldier, the Treadstone operative, The ONE...

At least until someone shoots me in the nuts... then we stop, laugh, have a beer, take a piss (and in some cases get shot in the @ss for shooting me in the nuts) and do it again.

I don't see what's geeky about drinking a bunch of beers with your pals and giving/taking a bunch of paintball welts during the course of an afternoon.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    For a guy who likes to indulge in the pakalolo you sure are closed-minded. Or maybe you just indulged too much and forgot that I'm that other Fedor fan on GR...

I love watching MMA but I'm a 34 year old with "too many cumulative injuries" to consider trying to become the next big thing in welterweight MMA. I am however considering a career in a newly formed semi-professional stoned/drunk paintball league - because on that particular battlefield, I am the Terminator, the Universal Soldier, the Treadstone operative, The ONE...

At least until someone shoots me in the nuts... then we stop, laugh, have a beer, take a piss (and in some cases get shot in the @ss for shooting me in the nuts) and do it again.

I don't see what's geeky about drinking a bunch of beers with your pals and giving/taking a bunch of paintball welts during the course of an afternoon.

FON
    Because it's F UCKING GAY alright??!!

Just kidding, not closed minded, just still pissed about that whole MMA thing with those other f uckers,

No believe me...I've paintballed before and it is SUPER effing fun, kind of scares me though, getting one in the neck or up your a$$ or something.

The only sport I'm really calling SUPER GAY on right now is this new thing here in Hawaii and in California called "Stand up paddle surfing" or SUP for short. As a life long dead serious surfer from Oahu I can say with some serious clout that those guys are f ucking HOMOS that do that and you will NEVER catch me on one of those boards......Holy sh it they piss me off when they are trying to do whatever it is they do anywhere near me...I hope there are no SUP kooks on here or I will absolutely let you have it!!!!

sorry for the anger I'm about 8 beers deep right now and about to go to bed! cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Paintballing is a great way to enjoy a good beer buzz.

Nothing funnier than shooting your buddy in the @ss while he's taking a leak and watching him rage as he pisses all over himself. Good times.

FON

I've played with a group that only counts hits below the waist. I'm not sure whether that would help or hinder Dave Perk.
    GR lives...

Just kidding, not closed minded, just still pissed about that whole MMA thing with those other f uckers,

No believe me...I've paintballed before and it is SUPER effing fun, kind of scares me though, getting one in the neck or up your a$$ or something.

The only sport I'm really calling SUPER GAY on right now is this new thing here in Hawaii and in California called "Stand up paddle surfing" or SUP for short. As a life long dead serious surfer from Oahu I can say with some serious clout that those guys are f ucking HOMOS that do that and you will NEVER catch me on one of those boards......Holy sh it they piss me off when they are trying to do whatever it is they do anywhere near me...I hope there are no SUP kooks on here or I will absolutely let you have it!!!!
    sorry for the anger I'm about 8 beers deep right now and about to go to bed! cheers!!
    Whoe! Less beers, more dakine bra! OK let me have it! My wife and I SUP. We paddle on lakes so don't worry I won't steal your wave! I windsurf so if the wind isn't blowing I get on the big board. Hell I even put my pup on it. My wife has a bad back and can't windsurf so it gets us both on the water.
    While it's MUCH slower pace than windsurfing in 20+ mph winds that I'd rather be doing it's actually quite fun and is a great way to work On core strength. Try this. Grab your big board in calm water and stand up on it. You'll find it's as hard or harder to keep your balance than when you're moving on a wave.
    ....ok, flame away if you wish....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Lot's of pent up MMA rage, mentaloaf. May I suggest dry humping a pillow to vent?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I'm stone cold sober but agree completely about those guys. They do seem to know to stay away from the surfers, at least when they've been in my vicinity.

But I think you're being harsh on the paintball. Perhaps you'd feel differently if you combined surfing and paintballing by using the standers as targets when they're in range. It would be a hilarious way to spend time waiting for the next set.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I'm stone cold sober but agree completely about those guys. They do seem to know to stay away from the surfers, at least when they've been in my vicinity.

But I think you're being harsh on the paintball. Perhaps you'd feel differently if you combined surfing and paintballing by using the standers as targets when they're in range. It would be a hilarious way to spend time waiting for the next set.
    Great idea! Are those guns water proof? I'd probably get arrested

That's cool noshuz, the lake is OK in my book. I have been out in flat water on one and I got bored in about 10 seconds which is why I wonder about all the hype. I've also taken one out in double overhead waves at Pavils which is on the far right side of Hookipa after a several Sunday afternoon beers, and my thought there is that it is just another way to get on a wave but once you're on the wave you have this big piece of sh it clunker board under your feet that you can barely turn and a long paddle in your hand. So you end up looking ridiculous surfing on one. And when I got on a wave all I could think of was I wish I had a smaller more rippable board under my feet because I can barely turn this thing.

I'm talking more about the guys that take it really seriously here on Maui. It's guys that don't know how to surf or windsurf that want to look cool....You might think I'm overreacting to these guys but if you saw what I saw through a surfer's eyes over here you'd know. It would be like a guy playing with ultra super game improvement shovels but just thinking he was sooooocool cool because they cost $2000 and having no idea that he was actually the gayest guy around and the real players with the GFF in their bag were the ones who know it...and he's like strutting around, showing them to everyone and just having no clue, and then he gets on the course and just hacks away....

But you know....it's probably pretty good for your golf game because you have to get into kind of an athletic bend the knees type position and hold it with really good balance. I can see how you'd like to do it on a lake or something...anyway just not my thing

That's cool noshuz, the lake is OK in my book. I have been out in flat water on one and I got bored in about 10 seconds which is why I wonder about all the hype. I've also taken one out in double overhead waves at Pavils which is on the far right side of Hookipa after a several Sunday afternoon beers, and my thought there is that it is just another way to get on a wave but once you're on the wave you have this big piece of sh it clunker board under your feet that you can barely turn and a long paddle in your hand. So you end up looking ridiculous surfing on one. And when I got on a wave all I could think of was I wish I had a smaller more rippable board under my feet because I can barely turn this thing.

I'm talking more about the guys that take it really seriously here on Maui. It's guys that don't know how to surf or windsurf that want to look cool....You might think I'm overreacting to these guys but if you saw what I saw through a surfer's eyes over here you'd know.

But you know....it's probably pretty good for your golf game because you have to get into kind of an athletic bend the knees type position and hold it with really good balance. I can see how you'd like to do it on a lake or something...anyway just not my thing
    I know the frustration. I can put a sail on my SUP board if the wind picks up but get frustrated if I try to do anything other than simple cruising or freestyle. If I try to go fast and jibe all I do is plow....
    Is Pavils past Hookipa or back toward Paia? And have you ever surfed Jaws? I've seen pics and video of Laird and Co. but never in person.....Damn I miss maui....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    I know the frustration. I can put a sail on my SUP board if the wind picks up but get frustrated if I try to do anything other than simple cruising or freestyle. If I try to go fast and jibe all I do is plow....
    Is Pavils past Hookipa or back toward Paia? And have you ever surfed Jaws? I've seen pics and video of Laird and Co. but never in person.....Damn I miss maui....
    Pavils is right in front of the pavillions at Hookipa Beach Park, hence the name "Pavils"....

Haven't surfed Jaws yet, I've gotten a little more scared as I've gotten older. I've tow surfed though a bunch of times on Oahu at a couple places way the hell out to sea Phantoms, Alligators, and Spooky Rock.

Spooky Rock is out on the North Shore on Oahu towards Mokuleia side. It's a pretty rare wave but when it's on will easily rival Jaws for size and power. It's called Spooky Rock because these huge open ocean swells come in and hit this huge shelf/rock that's like maybe 50 yards in diameter and just explodes. Your jet ski partner comes straight at the rock and whips you in right next to where it detonates and you kind of take off next to the rock and ride alongside it. I've seen my friend Dave Wassell try and get into a wave (well he didn't try to...he did) outside of the rock and pull into like a forty foot barrel right over the rock and just get annihilated ....like he seriously almost died, I was looking right into the barrel at him as he was doing a huge somersault like 30 feet back in the tube, it was f ucking one of the scariest things I've ever seen. And mind you this place is like a mile out in the ocean. It's easily one of the most spooky places to surf in Hawaii, maybe the world. But you don't hear much about it because it's just so rare. There are a handful of guys who are on it every time it breaks, and it was in Surfer Magazine a few years back with Shane Dorian doing a huge backside turn on like a 60 foot wave.

So yeah, I've towed some big sh it, but not Jaws....yet. Now that I'm a little more lethargic and I have kids and responsibilities and all that I just get a lot more scared than I used to. The act of tow surfing itself is really easy actually....too easy, a lot of people who shouldn't be out there are putting themselves and others at risk with it. My thought...and most serious surfers' thought is that if you are not mentally and physically prepared for the worst case scenario, you shouldn't be out there towing. Like if you aren't ready to have a 60 footer break ten feet in front of you...don't even bother. So that's where I'm at with Jaws....I know I could surf it, but I'm not physically ready for the consequences....

Pavils is right in front of the pavillions at Hookipa Beach Park, hence the name "Pavils"....

Haven't surfed Jaws yet, I've gotten a little more scared as I've gotten older. I've tow surfed though a bunch of times on Oahu at a couple places way the hell out to sea Phantoms, Alligators, and Spooky Rock.

Spooky Rock is out on the North Shore on Oahu towards Mokuleia side. It's a pretty rare wave but when it's on will easily rival Jaws for size and power. It's called Spooky Rock because these huge open ocean swells come in and hit this huge shelf/rock that's like maybe 50 yards in diameter and just explodes. Your jet ski partner comes straight at the rock and whips you in right next to where it detonates and you kind of take off next to the rock and ride alongside it. I've seen my friend Dave Wassell try and get into a wave (well he didn't try to...he did) outside of the rock and pull into like a forty foot barrel right over the rock and just get annihilated ....like he seriously almost died, I was looking right into the barrel at him as he was doing a huge somersault like 30 feet back in the tube, it was f ucking one of the scariest things I've ever seen. And mind you this place is like a mile out in the ocean. It's easily one of the most spooky places to surf in Hawaii, maybe the world. But you don't hear much about it because it's just so rare. There are a handful of guys who are on it every time it breaks, and it was in Surfer Magazine a few years back with Shane Dorian doing a huge backside turn on like a 60 foot wave.

So yeah, I've towed some big sh it, but not Jaws....yet. Now that I'm a little more lethargic and I have kids and responsibilities and all that I just get a lot more scared than I used to. The act of tow surfing itself is really easy actually....too easy, a lot of people who shouldn't be out there are putting themselves and others at risk with it. My thought...and most serious surfers' thought is that if you are not mentally and physically prepared for the worst case scenario, you shouldn't be out there towing. Like if you aren't ready to have a 60 footer break ten feet in front of you...don't even bother. So that's where I'm at with Jaws....I know I could surf it, but I'm not physically ready for the consequences....
    The jetski tows of the elite make it look too easy. I've landed on coral under a foot of water. F.uck that. Give me waves double head high or less and I'm happy.
    GR lives...

Ya buddy you got some wavos surfing the shite you have! What I don't get is all the what appears to be gun ho surfers/locals that surf on the south/west side. I see a lot of them sit there for a half hour only to catch 1 or to waves that are no bigger than a freekin boat wake. I would be bored to tears. That's where the SUP's should be.
    I guess there's the proof in the old saying One mans floor is another mans ceiling...
    team obnoxious

Is anyone playing paintball this weekend? I'm not planning on it.
    GR lives...

Is anyone playing paintball this weekend? I'm not planning on it.
    Lots of things would have to fall into place for me to be playing paintball this weekend. Can't rule it out yet.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Lots of things would have to fall into place for me to be playing paintball this weekend. Can't rule it out yet.

Now as I think about it, I'm not going to rule it out either, it's only Wednesday. Maybe I'll reload my gun just in case.

If I find myself at the can't seem to get in her pants stage tomorrow or Friday, I just might do it.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    If the worst comes to the worst you could do "American Paintballing" (Use a real gun and shoot lots of innocent people for no apparent reason) which does seem to be popular over their at the moment.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    If the worst comes to the worst you could do "American Paintballing" (Use a real gun and shoot lots of innocent people for no apparent reason) which does seem to be popular over their at the moment.

Edgey
    The gun thing here is beyond belief. A gun is the oracle of a powerless person's sphere of power. So guns are nothing more than an ironic metaphor. We should all spend the next 2 or 3 minutes Googling americans that have been shot with their own gun and then reconvene with some links.
    GR lives...

Ya buddy you got some wavos surfing the shite you have! What I don't get is all the what appears to be gun ho surfers/locals that surf on the south/west side. I see a lot of them sit there for a half hour only to catch 1 or to waves that are no bigger than a freekin boat wake. I would be bored to tears. That's where the SUP's should be.
    I guess there's the proof in the old saying One mans floor is another mans ceiling...
    Little waves are fun too...I love like a chest high peeler on my epoxy 6'2" I can just obliterate the lip on it....

No surf, no golf and I can't get into what I need to do today.

So here's a good one. A law enforcement guy getting shot with his own gun while hunting adds unanticipated levels of irony as if guns don't already present enough .

http://www.topix.com/forum/county/kl...653NAN6S922B1C

Here's one with a happy ending.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,417122,00.html
    GR lives...

Little waves are fun too...I love like a chest high peeler on my epoxy 6'2" I can just obliterate the lip on it....

Absolutely. You may not get the rush that comes with risking death, but with a good wave those can be fun as hell.
    GR lives...

Absolutely. You may not get the rush that comes with risking death, but with a good wave those can be fun as hell.
    This is as good as it gets!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ron windsurfing.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	2263
    team obnoxious

This is as good as it gets!

Name:	Ron windsurfing.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	2263
    is that you noshuz? Nice!!

is that you noshuz? Nice!!
    Yep. That's in the deep water channel/Shipping lane before it runs into San Francisco Bay. When it's cold and foggy in the bay and hot in the valley it creates a thermal low pressure and viola, High wind! It gets sucked up the river against the current and it creates some pretty big arse swells. It's as close as I get to wave sailing although I've done it in Baja. This is called "Bump n Jump" sailing. I like it alot more than wave sailing. It's kinda like motocross with a board. Always going fast and picking a ramp to jump when you want pretty much.
    Scary crashes sometimes....

Name:	sanderbackloop_457.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	2264
    team obnoxious

So is this out towards Richmond? I've wondered what the water tastes like around there.
    GR lives...

So is this out towards Richmond? I've wondered what the water tastes like around there.
    No. Way before that. This is Rio Vista. It's still fresh water although I use the term fresh loosely. It's still very much tide influenced so the water can get a little brackish. On a flood tide the water runs up river from high tide in the bay. I've sailed there for 20 years and haven't had any health issues but there have been others that have.....
    team obnoxious

We've had some special visitors......
    Name:  ht_whale_070529_ms.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  31.6 KB
    team obnoxious

No. Way before that. This is Rio Vista. It's still fresh water although I use the term fresh loosely. It's still very much tide influenced so the water can get a little brackish. On a flood tide the water runs up river from high tide in the bay. I've sailed there for 20 years and haven't had any health issues but there have been others that have.....
    Wow, that's way the hell out there. Tell you what, when you're in the water off So. Cal particularly when conditions are good you're part of a lab experiment. I've been lucky but some friends haven't.
    GR lives...

We've had some special visitors......
    Name:  ht_whale_070529_ms.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  31.6 KB
    I've wakeboarded in Rio Vista, that water is a f ucking bummer, but great for all sorts of water sports. I went to California Maritime Academy in Vallejo for 3 years so I'm very familiar with that area. I surfed Ocean Beach at least 3 times a week when I lived there...the best I ever got it, it was really trippy, was the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. Ocean Beach was absolutely FIRING that day. They had canceled school that morning and I was out there with my brother and a couple of friends when a lone plane flew directly over SF...everybody was freaking out watching it....this was like 6 hours after the planes had flown into the WTC. Anyway, trying to upload a photo of me surfing Honolua but I'm having a hard time I must be a total effing computer illiterate idiot or something

I think I got it?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file000.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	2266

yup yup

Name:	SageHonolua.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	2267

Those are great shots. Being in the barrel is f.ucking indescribable. Tube me, baby.
    GR lives...

Tube me, baby.
    That might not be a phrase you would want to drop into any type of conversation with an English woman.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    That might not be a phrase you would want to drop into any type of conversation with an English woman.

Edgey
    I'll PM you about this English gal. But just to make it clear, it would be her tube we'd be talking about. Not that we'd talk about it. And not that I would refer to it in any event.
    GR lives...

I've wakeboarded in Rio Vista, that water is a f ucking bummer, but great for all sorts of water sports. I went to California Maritime Academy in Vallejo for 3 years so I'm very familiar with that area. I surfed Ocean Beach at least 3 times a week when I lived there...the best I ever got it, it was really trippy, was the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. Ocean Beach was absolutely FIRING that day. They had canceled school that morning and I was out there with my brother and a couple of friends when a lone plane flew directly over SF...everybody was freaking out watching it....this was like 6 hours after the planes had flown into the WTC. Anyway, trying to upload a photo of me surfing Honolua but I'm having a hard time I must be a total effing computer illiterate idiot or something
    Sweeeet pics bud! So if you wake boarded in Rio were you back in the sloughs were it's flat or were you out at Sherman Island (main channel)? If it was Sherman, you probably got into too much chop if it was during the summer. Summer winds at Sherman are as predictable as the trade winds. It's a freekin machine.
    team obnoxious

Those are great shots. Being in the barrel is f.ucking indescribable. Tube me, baby.
    Both Honolua Bay. Next time you watch the Mercedes Open at Kapalua, the back nine overlooks this wave, and being that it's in the January sometimes there are good waves during the tournament. One is taken from on top of the cliff and the barrel shot is from across the bay...You're right about getting barreled, indescribable feeling. I'm glad that sponger got out of my way you can see his paddle trail going across where I'm about to get shot out of the barrel like a cannon....I would of run him right over if he hadn't moved. But then again the world could use less spongers....

Sweeeet pics bud! So if you wake boarded in Rio were you back in the sloughs were it's flat or were you out at Sherman Island (main channel)? If it was Sherman, you probably got into too much chop if it was during the summer. Summer winds at Sherman are as predictable as the trade winds. It's a freekin machine.
    Yeah it was really flat, kind of a swamp looking area. Must have been the sloughs. Perfect wakeboarding conditions. I like to wakeboard but Maui is pretty much the worst place on Earth to be a wakeboarder....Even Hawaii in general. But f uck wakeboarding, it's for people who want to surf and windsurf and snowboard and kitesurf but don't have any waves, wind, or snow...

Both Honolua Bay. Next time you watch the Mercedes Open at Kapalua, the back nine overlooks this wave, and being that it's in the January sometimes there are good waves during the tournament. One is taken from on top of the cliff and the barrel shot is from across the bay...You're right about getting barreled, indescribable feeling. I'm glad that sponger got out of my way you can see his paddle trail going across where I'm about to get shot out of the barrel like a cannon....I would of run him right over if he hadn't moved. But then again the world could use less spongers....
    I know that spot, but I haven't seen that kind of surf in there. January so a North Pacific storm I'd imagine. It may just have been the camera angle, but it looks like the next wave coming in was a gangbuster.

When you're in the barrel, it's ok to sacrifice a sponger, or anyone else for that matter.
    GR lives...

Yeah it was really flat, kind of a swamp looking area. Must have been the sloughs. Perfect wakeboarding conditions. I like to wakeboard but Maui is pretty much the worst place on Earth to be a wakeboarder....Even Hawaii in general. But f uck wakeboarding, it's for people who want to surf and windsurf and snowboard and kitesurf but don't have any waves, wind, or snow...
    Ya I've seen em back in the sloughs wakeboarding and waterskiing. The main channel is about a half mile across. You can see by the 2nd pic I posted (the backloop bale out) the swell that can happen. It gets chest to head high in some spots and lines up to where you can do little bottom turns and off the lips half way across. Good shite!
    team obnoxious

I can't tell you how gratifying it is to see my b.ullshit paintball thread morph/hijack into surfing. If I'd have known there'd be cool surf pics I'd have done a paintball thread a long time ago.
    GR lives...

I know that spot, but I haven't seen that kind of surf in there. January so a North Pacific storm I'd imagine. It may just have been the camera angle, but it looks like the next wave coming in was a gangbuster.

When you're in the barrel, it's ok to sacrifice a sponger, or anyone else for that matter.
    Ya I've never seen those kinda waves there either. We've been there once in January. Perfect weather. Lower humidity. We usually are there for Halloween. Maui Mardi Gras in Lahaina is a hoot!
    team obnoxious

Ya I've never seen those kinda waves there either. We've been there once in January. Perfect weather. Lower humidity. We usually are there for Halloween. Maui Mardi Gras in Lahaina is a hoot!

I've heard that alot. I've got to try and get over there at that time.
    GR lives...

I've heard that alot. I've got to try and get over there at that time.
    Ya they close Front Street to traffic and chicken wire over the restaurant balconies. The later at night it gets, the more skin you see. Sometimes shite you wish you didn't see. It's a freek show with every one in costume!
    team obnoxious

The later at night it gets, the more skin you see. Sometimes shite you wish you didn't see. It's a freek show with every one in costume!

I'm already scarred that way, so I should be good to go.
    GR lives...

I'm already scarred that way, so I should be good to go.
    Ya zo we should meet over there and highjack mentaloaf for a round of golf and several beers. Do we get the local discount if we're your "guests"?
    team obnoxious

Ya zo we should meet over there and highjack mentaloaf for a round of golf and several beers. Do we get the local discount if we're your "guests"?
    That'd be cool. Mentaloaf would probably make us hire him.
    GR lives...

I don't know about the resort courses but at MCC would be $25 for a guest of mine for 18 holes....Honolua really only gets like how it is in the barrel shot maybe 4 or 5 times a year it takes a really particular direction to get good. It needs to have north to get in there past Molokai, but it also needs some west to make those really nice bowling barrels you see. If it's straight north it will have size no problem but it will just be a big shoulder with no tube. The more west it gets the more wide open the barrels get but if it's too west Molokai blocks the swell. A huge straight west, like where Pipe is 20-30 feet and perfect, Honolua will be flat as a lake....it's a trip because just up the road a little more at Honokohau and another spot called Windmills it will be huge. You can actually see those places breaking from way out on the point at Honolua...but Honolua will be flat.

So what you need is a compromise....you need enough north to make it break and enough west to make it barrel...The ideal direction is NNW and GIANT, like as big as it gets. The picture of the cutback....that day was actually way bigger than the barrel day, you can see in the turn I'm riding a pretty big board it's a 7'11".....that day was one of the biggest days at Jaws in years....Honolua was perfect like about15-18 feet and just exploding on the cave section.

Honolua is actually four different waves, There's Coconuts, Subs, The Cave, and Keiki's. Most of the classic big barrel shots you see are taken at the Cave which is the spot you look down on when you're standing on the cliff there. When you see it from the water you'll see why they call it that, there is a big cave under the cliff. If you find yourself near the cave on a big day you're extremely f ucked and I hope you can hold your breath for a while, I've gotten pounded to within an inch of my life right there....on that day actually!

I really don't even bother with Honolua until it gets like double overhead or bigger...It's really good on smaller days but there are a f ucking gazillion kooks out when it's small. The crowd starts to thin out as it gets bigger and when it's really on, I mean don't get me wrong, it's still crowded, it's just more of a sophisticated crowd who actually knows what they're doing, and there is just more action in the water...more energy, more waves. When it's small I stay on the other side, Hookipa, and beyond, or I play..........Golf!

Is Honolua bay near Dragons teeth?
    team obnoxious

It's cold here this mornin'. I need some aloha....

Name:	maui corona.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	2270
    team obnoxious

I'm disappointed I was unable to find a Paintball game while in Forida this past week. I was really hoping I'd have a chance to blast away at lethargic, arthritis riddled elderly new yorkers en masse, but I guess their bingo's just too damn important to them.
    GR lives...

Did anyone manage to get in some Paintball this weekend?

I couldn't seem to find the time for it and am now feeling bitter and withdrawn.
    GR lives...

Is Paintball still popular since that Bee Gee who was bankrolling competitions died?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Is Paintball still popular since that Bee Gee who was bankrolling competitions died?
    What a fraud that guy was. Imagine writing a song called "Staying Alive" and then dying. He was a discredit to this great sport of ours.
    GR lives...

I don't know about the resort courses but at MCC would be $25 for a guest of mine for 18 holes....Honolua really only gets like how it is in the barrel shot maybe 4 or 5 times a year it takes a really particular direction to get good. It needs to have north to get in there past Molokai, but it also needs some west to make those really nice bowling barrels you see. If it's straight north it will have size no problem but it will just be a big shoulder with no tube. The more west it gets the more wide open the barrels get but if it's too west Molokai blocks the swell. A huge straight west, like where Pipe is 20-30 feet and perfect, Honolua will be flat as a lake....it's a trip because just up the road a little more at Honokohau and another spot called Windmills it will be huge. You can actually see those places breaking from way out on the point at Honolua...but Honolua will be flat.

So what you need is a compromise....you need enough north to make it break and enough west to make it barrel...The ideal direction is NNW and GIANT, like as big as it gets. The picture of the cutback....that day was actually way bigger than the barrel day, you can see in the turn I'm riding a pretty big board it's a 7'11".....that day was one of the biggest days at Jaws in years....Honolua was perfect like about15-18 feet and just exploding on the cave section.

Honolua is actually four different waves, There's Coconuts, Subs, The Cave, and Keiki's. Most of the classic big barrel shots you see are taken at the Cave which is the spot you look down on when you're standing on the cliff there. When you see it from the water you'll see why they call it that, there is a big cave under the cliff. If you find yourself near the cave on a big day you're extremely f ucked and I hope you can hold your breath for a while, I've gotten pounded to within an inch of my life right there....on that day actually!

I really don't even bother with Honolua until it gets like double overhead or bigger...It's really good on smaller days but there are a f ucking gazillion kooks out when it's small. The crowd starts to thin out as it gets bigger and when it's really on, I mean don't get me wrong, it's still crowded, it's just more of a sophisticated crowd who actually knows what they're doing, and there is just more action in the water...more energy, more waves. When it's small I stay on the other side, Hookipa, and beyond, or I play..........Golf!
    I missed this as I was away. North and nwest makes sense. I'm usually in Kauai so don't know the waves much on Maui. But I'd fly in for that kind of barrel action if I was in Kauai. Sadly it's going to be a while before I can spend a long stretch there.
    GR lives...

I really don't think Tiger would be in this mess if he'd gotten rid of his aggressions playing Paintball instead of having sex with all those skanks.

MO, how was the surf today?
    GR lives...

Jaws was going off Tuesday......
    http://www.windsport.com/news?news_id=554&uniqid=314

Hey mentaloaf. Have you heard of Jason Polakow? He's a well known windsurfer but it looks like he was surfing that day......
    team obnoxious

Jaws was going off Tuesday......
    http://www.windsport.com/news?news_id=554&uniqid=314

Hey mentaloaf. Have you heard of Jason Polakow? He's a well known windsurfer but it looks like he was surfing that day......
    Polakow f ucking shreds at any board sport he so chooses...actually Jaws was windsurfed by a handful of hardcore chargers before it was ever surfed, before the advent of ski assisted surfing, it was impossible to stroke into a wave at jaws, you could only windsurf into a wave. My brother and I were about to paddle out to sunset beach on Oahu on a fricking huge morning (what is almost as memorable about this morning was that I was actually up in the naupaka bushes taking a sh it right before paddling out) when we saw these guys in a jet boat towing each other into waves way outside at Outer Backyards. This was in I think like 92 or 93. I turns out it was Buzzy Kerbox, Laird Hamilton, and Darrick Doerner and they were pretty much inventing tow in surfing in front of our eyes on that big swell. I was watching these guys revolutionizing surfing whilst squatting in the bushes hungover as all hell taking a crap...we ended up paddling out and it was too big, got pounded to within an inch of my life, broke my leash and my board and crawled up the beach barfing.....like they said, too big to paddle, gotta tow!

With all this talk about cricket, hockey, rugby and football, I was wondering if anyone's played any paintball recently? I might be playing soon. It kinda depends.
    GR lives...

Thread Information