|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Long irons for amatuers

I don't think there is really any point in an amatuer carrying long irons these days. I have the king cobra baffler 3 iron replacement and the 2 and 4 on order and when they arrive I can't see myself ever carrying a 3 iron again or hitting anything less than a 5 very often, though I'll still carry the 4 for a wee punchy number into the wind. hybrids or rescues or whatever are great though they have made long irons almost obsolete for all except the low handicappers I think, they are so much easier to hit and are good for a wee bump and run around the green too. what do you think do you carry long irons ? makes the game easier these days I think as they are the clubs that expose swing flaws more than any others, so if you are hitting 5 iron and up and hybrids plus big, easy to hit driver/3 wood the game requires less skill to be OK. maybe not a good thing but more enjoyable.

I thought that was a pretty good thread, OK at least. oh well. I'm quite hurt really.

Quote Originally Posted by gowfer
    I thought that was a pretty good thread, OK at least. oh well. I'm quite hurt really.
    give it a longer than 30min to take hold...

This is on of those "hot button" issues, which draws highly opinionated, intolerant people into an ideological war where only their viewpoint is valid. Bottom line? Do whatever works in your hands, and be tolerant of those who have other opinions on the subject.

The number of PGA, Champion's Tour, Nationwide Tour, and LPGA players who use hybrids is large. If hybrids are good enough for them, no one should feel that they are a wimp or second class citizen for using them. On the other hand, if one can truly hit long irons better than hybrids, continue to do so and don't hassle those who feel differently.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I think it all depends on your swing's consistency and launch conditions. Some low handicappers who have a very consistent swing, but hit their long irons low with not much carry would benefit from a few hybrids.
    TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Aldila VooDoo VS7 X
    Titleist 904f 17* YS-7+ X
    TaylorMade rac MB 3-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    Cleveland CG12 52*, 56*, 60*
    TaylorMade Rossa Kia Ma Daytona 1

i think that even those that make fun of hybrids really dont think that anyone playing them is any less of a player... i think its mostly done to spite others....

Everyone should know personal limitations to be sure and good players do use them. This year when Phil was leading The Players and he needed to hit the fairway on 18 he went for a hybrid. He should have had that hybrid in the bag for 18 at Winged Foot.

But I will say for like the 10th time now, an offset cavity back long iron with a wider sole is just as easy to get up in the air… and the more accurate steel shaft of a long iron will still be shorter for the gap distance needed.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

just waitin for not a hacker to give his opinion on this...........
    Cobra 400 SZ
    Orlimar Trimetal 3 Wood
    Nicklaus Dual Point 3 Hybrid
    Ping Eye 2 irons 4-9
    Tom Watson 07 G,S,L wedges
    Golden Bear BL-3 Putter

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser. ~Arnold Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by augafan48
    "like a moth to the flame; like a fly to a turd....."

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    hybrids and giant drivers are for pu.ssies. Just ask hacker or skeet....
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by augafan48
    I refuse to be drawn into a flaming war by this 'new' troll gowfer and his transparent attempt to revisit what really is a tired old topic.
    As has been agreed upon from previous debates on this topic, if you are a limp wristed, jelly backed, who doesn't have the balls to man up when faced with a long approach or a tight tee shot, hybrids are for you. If you are a real man, who respects the purity of the game, you will instinctively reach for a long iron and would not be caught dead with anything that remotely resembled a hybrid in your bag.
    Gowfer, you are nothing but a troll, and obvioulsy one of the many girly men who populate this forum, who has decided to ressurect this topic under another name. What's your next ***** move? Trying to say cast is as good as forged? If you are going to persist in trolling, at least come up with an original argument.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Personally, I think puring a long forged iron is much more satisfying than hitting any hybrid any kind of way, which is why I don't use one. But I also like the ability to hit low stinger type of shots, as well as move the ball left and right.

Different strokes.

Puring a forged long iron is undoubtedly one of the best feelings in golf and could not ever be replicated by a hybrid. You also make a good point that these gay hybrids are designed to go high and straight, and don't have the versatlility of a long iron that can be hit high, low, draw, fade, stinger, back/top/side spin etc etc. i.e perfect for golfers with talent. Which probably explains why Tiger Woods has a forged blade 2 iron, while bums like Joe Ogilvy and Nick O'Hern have bags stacked with hybrids.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    But I will say for like the 10th time now, an offset cavity back long iron with a wider sole is just as easy to get up in the air… and the more accurate steel shaft of a long iron will still be shorter for the gap distance needed.
    I agree.

I've been a great fan of hybrids and have a 19* hybrid that replaces my 5 wood and a 22* hybrid that replaces my 3/4 irons. But I recently put the 3 & 4 irons back in the bag and have had no trouble hitting them. In fact I'm enjoying the added accuracy and the pure feedback when you hit the sweetspot. One of the courses I play has a lot of short tight driving holes and the 3 iron is perfect off the tee. There are also two par 3's that are perfect 4 iron distance for me.

One thing I don't agree about hybrids is that they are great for replacing two clubs with one. The 22* is great as a three iron replacement on approach shots etc but I hate trying to choke down on it and use it off the tee on those two par 3's. Almost always ends in disaster. I'd much rather be taking a full swing with my 4 iron.

easy tiger calling me a troll I don't know or care if it's been discussed before take a wee chill pill and settle down a bit I didn't insult your mother or anything. my point is, and it's perfectly valid, for a mid to high-handicapper there is no point carrying long irons for the simple reason hybrids are much much easier to hit. so between say 190 and 240 hybrids can fill that gap perfectly. no need to get all macho over it of course if you swing really well the control you get with a long iron is far superior and it's a great feeling but the consistency and predictability is not for most players. I caddy for all you guys lol, who come over here and say they play off 4, 4 in the states is about 14 over here, and that's if the weather is nice, realistically it's usually more like 24 and I've yet to see a player who can hit a controlled fade with a 2 iron, plently of wild slices sure but not like you're meaning. I'm sure you're really good and can shape your long irons with incredible accuracy and consistency so best of luck to you but for most amatuers this is not the case hence the popularity of hybrids. it's a simple point.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    ...... Which probably explains why Tiger Woods has a forged blade 2 iron, while bums like Joe Ogilvy and Nick O'Hern have bags stacked with hybrids.
    As soon as you are a better player than Joe Ogilvy and Nick O'Hern, you will have a valid argument. Using particular PGA players (Tiger, Vijay, Ernie, Retief, etc.) at the top echelon of the game as role models for selecting what should be in your bag or mine is so illogical and ignorant as to be laughable. Anyone could list certain excellent players who play particular clubs (cavity backs vs. blades, 2 irons vs. 5 woods or hybrids, blade putters vs. high MOI putters, etc., etc., etc.) and it all proves absolutely NOTHING as to what will or won't work in my hands. The only test that matters is personally taking two or more clubs one is considering placing in the bag and taking them to a practice range and hit them in a comparative trial. Hit a half dozen or more shots with one club, then back and forth several times. I've done that repeatedly. I can certainly hit a decent percentage of long irons well, but I always hit a higher percentage well with hybrids, so I keep them in the bag. If I found that long irons were easier to hit consistently, I'd gladly play them. But I'm not so insecure about my manhood that I would deliberately play a club I don't play as well just to feed a testosterone rush. I'd rather have a lower score at the end of the day than to look with false pride on what clubs I am carrying in my bag and how they compare with what some PGA pro carries in his bag. Again, play what works in your hands and avoid the stupidity of assuming that your experience is the same as anyone else, particularly when that "someone else" is a PGA pro.

that's a great post dorkman. sensible, pragmatic, canny golfers who know their limitations make scores as an amatuer. hybrids help, they're great clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by gowfer
    that's a great post dorkman. sensible, pragmatic, canny golfers who know their limitations make scores as an amatuer. hybrids help, they're great clubs.
    The "Tiger plays it, so I guess I should, too" mentality is exactly why OEM clubs cost more than they should. I now have many clubs in my bag that are high quality component clubs (NOT clones) which outplay any OEM clubs I've ever tried, but cost somewhat less than OEM's would have cost. I guess endorsement contracts work for the big companies, because of people who are influenced by what they see on TV in the hands of top pros, rather than necessarily what worked in their hands in a demo trial at a driving range.

I still carry a 3 iron mainly because I am a traditionalist. That being said, I have heard many professionals pose the question of why would anyone not replace their 3 or 4 iron with a hybrid. It's like giving money back. For them it boils down to what is going to make the biggest paycheck. Hybrids are substantially easier to hit in my opinion and using one to replace your 3, 4 or even 5 iron is perfectly acceptable. If you are a traditionalist like me then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    As soon as you are a better player than Joe Ogilvy and Nick O'Hern, you will have a valid argument. Using particular PGA players (Tiger, Vijay, Ernie, Retief, etc.) at the top echelon of the game as role models for selecting what should be in your bag or mine is so illogical and ignorant as to be laughable. Anyone could list certain excellent players who play particular clubs (cavity backs vs. blades, 2 irons vs. 5 woods or hybrids, blade putters vs. high MOI putters, etc., etc., etc.) and it all proves absolutely NOTHING as to what will or won't work in my hands. The only test that matters is personally taking two or more clubs one is considering placing in the bag and taking them to a practice range and hit them in a comparative trial. Hit a half dozen or more shots with one club, then back and forth several times. I've done that repeatedly. I can certainly hit a decent percentage of long irons well, but I always hit a higher percentage well with hybrids, so I keep them in the bag. If I found that long irons were easier to hit consistently, I'd gladly play them. But I'm not so insecure about my manhood that I would deliberately play a club I don't play as well just to feed a testosterone rush. I'd rather have a lower score at the end of the day than to look with false pride on what clubs I am carrying in my bag and how they compare with what some PGA pro carries in his bag. Again, play what works in your hands and avoid the stupidity of assuming that your experience is the same as anyone else, particularly when that "someone else" is a PGA pro.
    Stop making sense!
    I played with a 2 iron in my old set of irons and can honestly say that the most memorable good shots were with this club. I would usually hit it pretty well, but I wouldn't dare use it unless I had a flat lie in the fairway or a great lie in the rough. With a hybrid, I'll hit it from almost anywhere and get decent straight distance. I will agree with Hacker that they are more difficult to control trajectory, but I can move it left or right. How many times are you honestly cutting and drawing 200+ yard shots though? Once every 2 weeks? If you are trying it anymore than this, you have bigger issues with course management.

The "Tiger plays it, so I guess I should, too" mentality is exactly why OEM clubs cost more than they should. I now have many clubs in my bag that are high quality component clubs (NOT clones) which outplay any OEM clubs I've ever tried, but cost somewhat less than OEM's would have cost. I guess endorsement contracts work for the big companies, because of people who are influenced by what they see on TV in the hands of top pros, rather than necessarily what worked in their hands in a demo trial at a driving range.
    i have seen so many clubs (mainly nike sq's) sold because Tiger plays it and it is ridiculous... it really does not make any sence to me...

There is definitely a group of individuals out there that confuse Clones with components. Golfsmith, Snake Eyes, Maltby, Wishon, to name just a few, all offer excellent products equal to if not better than some OEM stuff. Clones are junk, Period!

I have no problem with all of the hacks out there who use hybrids because they aren't good enough to hit real irons. There's nothing wrong with buying a club that helps your pathetic game rather than getting a real swing.

I hit my long irons fine, but after borrowing an 18 degree hybrid, I'm awfully tempted to put one in my bag to close the gap from my 3 iron to 3 wood. SO easy to hit. But then I'd be a hack. It really is a tough decision. Hack vs. maybe knock a stroke or two off...someone help me! I'm stuck!

*This post was written with a certain amount of sarcasm. If you didn't catch that, go ahead and reply in a defensive manner. Thanks.

The list of non-hybrid playing pro is getting shorter and shorter each year. Many of the top pro's use hybrids. It's really a simple equation as dorkman put it. If it lowers your score use it and when you're a pro a stroke can be worth a sizable amount of money. Now how about those belly putters? And for the traditionalist out there, how about those 60* wedges not to mention the new golf balls?

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    The list of non-hybrid playing pro is getting shorter and shorter each year. Many of the top pro's use hybrids. It's really a simple equation as dorkman put it. If it lowers your score use it and when you're a pro a stroke can be worth a sizable amount of money. Now how about those belly putters? And for the traditionalist out there, how about those 60* wedges not to mention the new golf balls?

Titleist Professionals are a lot better than their predecessor. I just can't get myself to go for a ProV. It seems like cheating...

Speaking of Titleist Professional golf balls...I found a few "new" ones I had from a long long time ago and played with them for fun...they go NOWHERE...it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by collegegolfer

I hit my long irons fine, but after borrowing an 18 degree hybrid, I'm awfully tempted to put one in my bag to close the gap from my 3 iron to 3 wood. SO easy to hit. But then I'd be a hack. It really is a tough decision. Hack vs. maybe knock a stroke or two off...someone help me! I'm stuck!
    Maybe if you got a REALLY MANLY x-stiff shaft with less than a degree of torque and one of those REALLY COOL animal headcovers. I bet that would boost your rep.

*Same goes for me with the sarcasm.
    TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Aldila VooDoo VS7 X
    Titleist 904f 17* YS-7+ X
    TaylorMade rac MB 3-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    Cleveland CG12 52*, 56*, 60*
    TaylorMade Rossa Kia Ma Daytona 1

I've got some old Titleist Tour Distance balls that I still play. They perform great.

No they didnt, You just mis took your TTD ball for a prov1. or is it the other way around? whatevevs.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

I'm getting a little beat up here. Where's skeet when you need him?

i bought a couple of nike cpr hybrids for my brthday and couldnt get on with them, i found that my average 2 iron shot would go around 10 yards further than the equivelant hybrid, with better accuracy too. What do people think of hybrids taking over the conventional fairway woods like the 3, 5, 7 ect? i love my 5 wood and i cant see myself ever replacing it with a hybrid

daveperk Guest
    I enjoyed busting my old Ping Zing off the tee on par fours for years, went 220-240, didn't carry a five wood or four wood.

But one day after trying a few hybrids, it occurred to me that I might be able to cut off some strokes with them. I agree that they're not easy to work the ball with, but then most shots I hit with that two iron were not works of art, just long and straight and as high as I could hit it. Hybrids do that easier.

So I added a five wood, put in a 19 deg. Orlimar hybrid and took out the two and three irons. I can choke down on the hybrid or swing it long, and it plays consistently like the two or three irons, as I choose. Hit a par three with it yesterday, uphill, into the wind, 215 to the back of the green. Couldn't have pulled that off with the two iron, would have tried to muscle it and then mishit it, like always when the real pressure was on.

Call me Alice, tell me to man up, but I score better now than before. End of story. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    I enjoyed busting my old Ping Zing off the tee on par fours for years, went 220-240, didn't carry a five wood or four wood.

But one day after trying a few hybrids, it occurred to me that I might be able to cut off some strokes with them. I agree that they're not easy to work the ball with, but then most shots I hit with that two iron were not works of art, just long and straight and as high as I could hit it. Hybrids do that easier.

So I added a five wood, put in a 19 deg. Orlimar hybrid and took out the two and three irons. I can choke down on the hybrid or swing it long, and it plays consistently like the two or three irons, as I choose. Hit a par three with it yesterday, uphill, into the wind, 215 to the back of the green. Couldn't have pulled that off with the two iron, would have tried to muscle it and then mishit it, like always when the real pressure was on.

Call me Alice, tell me to man up, but I score better now than before. End of story. :-)
    right i mean how often do youneed to shape a shot into a green 230yds???

i cant take this anymore...

Not a Hacker... RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF STREET CRED MY MAN... seems there are so few on here

dorkman, you should get the whole phucking set, man... like the hibore irons... wait that may be to close to a real seven iron for you... perhaps you can find a hybrid in 34* trim to help you with those terrifying 140 yard par threes.... what color skirt do you wear to the course?

if you are over 55 or have a medical reason then fine you can play a hybrid...

did it ever occur to any of you hybrid toteing sissies that the pros are hitting their hybrids into 250-260 yard par threes.... fine if you play a par three of that length and you play for millions of dollars then get the hybrid, but if not, why not learn how to swing the damn clubs the way they were meant to be swung...

bottom line: if your swing is ineffecient at getting long irons up, getting a hybrid is only going to mask your swing flaws.... so eventually you will need that 34* hybrid because you will no longer be proficient at hitting any iron....

Omen, grain flow forged blade puring bad as.s mofo.... that's how i roll
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    bottom line: if your swing is ineffecient at getting long irons up, getting a hybrid is only going to mask your swing flaws.... so eventually you will need that 34* hybrid because you will no longer be proficient at hitting any iron....
    man i hit 1iron blades we have at the range plenty high... you really dont even know what your talking about... it is so much easier to put a 2i hybrid in the bag instead of a 5 wood you carry a 5 wood right well you should get rid of that by your reasoning... its ridiculous the comments your making theyre dead wrong...

Another reason all these girly-armed weklings can't hit their long irons like a man is because they are using shafts that are too stiff for their puny bodies. Maybe if they just put regular shafts in their long irons, they wouldn't have to walk all the way down stupid street and get hybrids. It would at least take til somebody saw them try to swing the club to relize how bad they are.

i do have the five wood, i never hit it though, it's more to complete the set, even tiger carries a 5 wood....

that's how i roll... pingman your name alone says we arent on the same playing field... your in the sod mover dept... and im in the grain flow forged pureing dept...

Omen

Tiger says he alternates 5-wood with 2-iron depending on course condition. I think he only uses the 5-wood when he wants to get in touch with his sensitive side. You guys that are attacking the hybrids should remember your 5-wood is very short step away from the 7-wood used by all the old timers and the ladies.
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

probably true, thats' why its only there for looks... when i need to hit the ball 230 i reach for my freinds MIZUNO MP 33 GRAIN FLOW FORGED BLADE 2 IRON... a real mans club...

to properly hit an iron with less than 24* of loft you need to have a swingspeed with those clubs of at least 70 mph. Less that 30% of amateurs can achieve this.

i do have the five wood, i never hit it though, it's more to complete the set, even tiger carries a 5 wood....

that's how i roll... pingman your name alone says we arent on the same playing field... your in the sod mover dept... and im in the grain flow forged pureing dept...

Omen
    ok i cant remember last time i shot in the 90's you on the other hand shot in the 90's at the SPCC and who knows when else... so that alone says we're not in the same field your right i am way ahead of you...

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG
    to properly hit an iron with less than 24* of loft you need to have a swingspeed with those clubs of at least 70 mph. Less that 30% of amateurs can achieve this.
    I don’t really know what my swing speed is these days. I don’t have easy access to that technology. Do you want to ballpark it for me based on my distances and clubs? I track all my driver distances pretty well but the other clubs are approximations.

Callaway FT-5 9.5 Tour, Fujikura Fit-On 360 Stiff – 280-290
    Callaway 4-wood (17*), Callaway Fujikura Stiff – 240
    Ping i5 2-iron (18.5*), CS Lite Stiff – 220

3 iron is 210 and pretty much down in increments of 10 to the 150 9-iron.

Ball is usually a V1x with occasional HX Tour or lately (on a budget) NTX Extreme.

Thanks…
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

daveperk Guest
    The shape of that shot is "please, God, get there!" :-)

even tiger has bad days....

so my first time on a new course after a 9 hour car trip and a previous day of golf from sun up to sun down and several beers i didnt play my best... imagine that... tiger has bad rounds after perfect preperation... that's why i feel i am better than him...

next time you come down to charleston let me know and we will see where you are as compared to me.

Omen

Not a Hacker... RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF STREET CRED MY MAN... seems there are so few on here

dorkman, you should get the whole phucking set, man... like the hibore irons... wait that may be to close to a real seven iron for you... perhaps you can find a hybrid in 34* trim to help you with those terrifying 140 yard par threes.... what color skirt do you wear to the course?

did it ever occur to any of you hybrid toteing sissies that the pros are hitting their hybrids into 250-260 yard par threes.... fine if you play a par three of that length and you play for millions of dollars then get the hybrid, but if not, why not learn how to swing the damn clubs the way they were meant to be swung...

You are either grossly ignorant, a pathetic troll, an arrogant jerk, making a feeble attempt at humor, or some combination of the above. In any case, you are at least mildly annoying, but hardly worth raising anyone's blood pressure.......
    If your online personality bears any resemblence to your real world personality, I'd suspect you have few friends. If you are just trying to jerk people around, you must have a pretty pathetic life, or lack of one....

You are either grossly ignorant, a pathetic troll, an arrogant jerk, making a feeble attempt at humor, or some combination of the above. In any case, you are at least mildly annoying, but hardly worth raising anyone's blood pressure.......
    If your online personality bears any resemblence to your real world personality, I'd suspect you have few friends. If you are just trying to jerk people around, you must have a pretty pathetic life, or lack of one....

oh really i wasnt able to piss you off on an online golf forum known for its flamming and trolling...wow I thought i was onto something there....

how sad are you dorkman... theres a sell on tampons and hibores... you should be in heaven... dont forget your midol.....biotch.

Omen, i can hit a 3 iron can you?

even tiger has bad days....

so my first time on a new course after a 9 hour car trip and a previous day of golf from sun up to sun down and several beers i didnt play my best... imagine that... tiger has bad rounds after perfect preperation... that's why i feel i am better than him...

next time you come down to charleston let me know and we will see where you are as compared to me.

Omen
    haha ok... sounds like a plan itd be fun... i usually come down at least 2-3 times a yr so ill let ya know next time im coming... seriously i imagine that our handicaps are pretty similar what your about a 2 right??? mine fluxuates right in between a 1.5-2.3...

oh really i wasnt able to piss you off on an online golf forum known for its flamming and trolling...wow I thought i was onto something there....

how sad are you dorkman... theres a sell on tampons and hibores... you should be in heaven... dont forget your midol.....biotch.

Omen, i can hit a 3 iron can you?
    What is a "sell" on tampons? The last person on the board who was as functionally illiterate as you was Benguk, and before him, "teh Master".......

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG

I swing my driver 65.

I might as well quit now.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Mizuno MP-32's

I can't take this anymore...

What have I been doing playing cavity back shovels and hybrids. What sort off sissy have I become? I am going to like IMMEDIATELY trade up to grain flow forged MP-32 blades 2 - PW with xxx stiff steel shafts.

I'll also ditch the 3 wood with it's wussy graphite shaft and get a 1 iron too. Actually while I'm at it I can't believe I am hitting a forgiving 460cc Driver with a graphite shaft and a titanium face. All that POS is doing is masking my swing flaws. Rather than that I should man up and learn how to swing a damn driving iron the way they were meant to be swung...

Omen - please please tell me that Mizuno make a grain flow forged driving iron that I can use to replace that POS Driver.

I might keep a 5 wood though, just to alternate with the 2 iron - cos Tiger does that.

Wow I'm starting to feel better already.

Soon I'll be able to look myself in the mirror and know there's a REAL man, not a lame a$$ hybrid toting, shovel playing faggot, looking back at me.

Maybe one day I'll have as much street cred as Omen and Hacker.

Oh man I can't wait!

That's how I will roll...

Just so all you know, my last post had the words gay and sissy replaced with stupid and bad. Just thought I'd let you know in case someone read it and thought I have gone soft and turned into some kind of a dorkman.

Another example of the mods takng it upon themselves to trample all over our rights to free speech and completely changing the context and impact of what I was trying to say. How do you equate gay as meaning the same as stupid? Or sissy or gay being the same as bad?

Being a mod does not give you the right to go into a members private post and change the content. If you feel the need to 'audit' a post just black out the words you disapprove of and leave the rest the phuk alone, don't go changing words and attributing them to the member who didn't actually write them. I will no longer be posting if every post I put up is whimpified.

Oh, and they also took it upon themselves to bar me from editing it so their modified version of my post remains there under my name. Do me a favour guys, if you think my posts are too mean and nasty for all the sensitive little momma's boys, just remove them. Don't change the content and then leave it there.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 09-13-2007 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

What have I been doing playing cavity back shovels and hybrids. What sort off sissy have I become? I am going to like IMMEDIATELY trade up to grain flow forged MP-32 blades 2 - PW with xxx stiff steel shafts.

I'll also ditch the 3 wood with it's wussy graphite shaft and get a 1 iron too. Actually while I'm at it I can't believe I am hitting a forgiving 460cc Driver with a graphite shaft and a titanium face. All that POS is doing is masking my swing flaws. Rather than that I should man up and learn how to swing a damn driving iron the way they were meant to be swung...

Omen - please please tell me that Mizuno make a grain flow forged driving iron that I can use to replace that POS Driver.

I might keep a 5 wood though, just to alternate with the 2 iron - cos Tiger does that.

Soon I'll be able to look myself in the mirror and know there's a REAL man, not a lame a$$ hybrid toting, shovel playing faggot, looking back at me.

Oh man I can't wait!

Now you're starting to get the picture.

Just so all you know, my last post had the words gay and sissy replaced with stupid and bad. Just thought I'd let you know in case someone read it and thought I have gone soft and turned into some kind of a dorkman.

Another example of the mods takng it upon themselves to trample all over our rights to free speech and completely changing the context and impact of what I was trying to say. How do you equate gay as meaning the same as stupid? Or sissy or gay being the same as bad?

Being a mod does not give you the right to go into a members private post and change the content. If you feel the need to 'audit' a post just black out the words you disapprove of and leave the rest the phuk alone, don't go changing words and attributing them to the member who didn't actually write them. I will no longer be posting if every post I put up is whimpified.

Oh, and they also took it upon themselves to bar me from editing it so their modified version of my post remains there under my name. Do me a favour guys, if you think my posts are too mean and nasty for all the sensitive little momma's boys, just remove them. Don't change the content and then leave it there.
    actually you said faggoty not sissy...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

Oh man I can't wait!

see it's not that hard to be a real man, you just got to quit taking those estrogen shots....

might be setting your goals a little high if you think you'll ever have as much street cred as I.

yo we keep the 3 wood for those 295 aproaches into par 5's... thats how i roll

Omen

They even changed my earlier post to include some spelling mistakes.
    You gotta admit, that's pretty funny. I don't mind editing as long ****** but******** doesn't affect me. It's funny when it happens to someone else but ****** when *****. Like some of you guys always say: ************ ********** ********** ***********.

hmmm... doesnt make any motherclucking sense...I SAID CLUCKING, thats legal...

so stop being a clucker and make some clucking sense you clucking chicken shi.t...

Omen

You guys are a pretty funny bunch, I'll give you that! I'm LMAO at this thread and the troll-of-the-year worthy claims being made here.

I can't restrain myself, so to all you hacks out there, here's the REAL skinny on the long iron players...

1) Long irons are for pussies who can't hit it far enough off the tee to leave themselves a MID-iron into a par 5.

2) Long irons are often seen, but seldom struck as they are primarily used in an attempt to intimidate other players by their meer presence. Do not fear the golfer toting a long iron, for even Lee Trevino himself has said "Not even God can hit a one-iron." Neither can they.

3) Long irons are for bird-legged, egg laying, feathery creatures who have difficulty negotiating tight spaces over long distances. As if they were somehow trying to navigate without their heads, these creatures will inevitably declare "Miller Time" at will, and proceed to plink one into the nearest appropriate hazard.

4) Long irons are often found amongst specimen which lack the ability to grow hair on their sack, or in extreme cases - lack a sack upon which to grow any hair at all. They are notoriously near-sighted, and have difficulty tracking any shot exceeding 250 yards. Many believe such shots are complete myth, and absolutely impossible.

5) A frequent symptom of long-iron-itus is the shrinking of the scrotum, due to a unique inversion of the brain and testes which miraculously swap residency in the majority of those afflicted with the illness. Scientists have already hybridized a cure for these sufferers, but the afflicted are incredibly resistant to treatment.

"The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

now that was a thing of beauty... stupendous post.

you now have my seal of approval. welcome aboard

Omen

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    You guys are a pretty funny bunch, I'll give you that! I'm LMAO at this thread and the troll-of-the-year worthy claims being made here.

I can't restrain myself, so to all you hacks out there, here's the REAL skinny on the long iron players...

1) Long irons are for pussies who can't hit it far enough off the tee to leave themselves a MID-iron into a par 5.

2) Long irons are often seen, but seldom struck as they are primarily used in an attempt to intimidate other players by their meer presence. Do not fear the golfer toting a long iron, for even Lee Trevino himself has said "Not even God can hit a one-iron." Neither can they.

3) Long irons are for bird-legged, egg laying, feathery creatures who have difficulty negotiating tight spaces over long distances. As if they were somehow trying to navigate without their heads, these creatures will inevitably declare "Miller Time" at will, and proceed to plink one into the nearest appropriate hazard.

4) Long irons are often found amongst specimen which lack the ability to grow hair on their sack, or in extreme cases - lack a sack upon which to grow any hair at all. They are notoriously near-sighted, and have difficulty tracking any shot exceeding 250 yards. Many believe such shots are complete myth, and absolutely impossible.

5) A frequent symptom of long-iron-itus is the shrinking of the scrotum, due to a unique inversion of the brain and testes which miraculously swap residency in the majority of those afflicted with the illness. Scientists have already hybridized a cure for these sufferers, but the afflicted are incredibly resistant to treatment.

you must be speaking from expirience because you have a hybrid in your bag... care to try and exokain away that one???

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    you must be speaking from expirience because you have a hybrid in your bag... care to try and exokain away that one???

Short explanation - I saw one and decided to go for it, because I ALWAYS GO FOR IT.

Long explanation - my hybrid goes farther than most people's drives. I needed something to drive the shorter par 4's with, which would actually fly and HOLD a green. It works.

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Short explanation - I saw one and decided to go for it, because I ALWAYS GO FOR IT.

Long explanation - my hybrid goes farther than most people's drives. I needed something to drive the shorter par 4's with, which would actually fly and HOLD a green. It works.

uh.. there are no par 4's at mini golfs.... but i do believe that if you pured your hybrid you could get it all the way to the hole on most of the mini golf holes... you are strong for a 14 year old girl.

does it have a pink shaft to match your skirt you pansy as.sed nancy.

Omen

uh.. there are no par 4's at mini golfs.... but i do believe that if you pured your hybrid you could get it all the way to the hole on most of the mini golf holes... you are strong for a 14 year old girl.

does it have a pink shaft to match your skirt you pansy as.sed nancy.

Omen

Come on now, I expect better than that from you. I've pulled scarier stuff than that outta my beard.

Those sweet words of yours would make even an L-flex Xtra-stiff. I'm swooning!

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Guys, guys guys and then also Omen.

The bigger picture is not what POS you swing but the score at the end of the day.

If you need a grain forged gadget to be am man just to strut around the beercart then your a king.

If you have the latest KOOL-aid induced Hybrid widget to be the talk of the Cooler then your a god.

End of the story is can you score with the wundersticks that you have, period.

All that matters in the win, baby...

Any other talk is ranting at the rain and slobber that Omens spews and we all gleefully wallow in after the fact.
    Cobra 350 SS Stiff / HM Tour shaft (mid Kick)
    Cobra SZ 3wood
    Nickent 3DX Hybrid
    MacGregor VIP Tourney 3 -PW
    Mizuno MP20 52 and 56
    Titleist Vokey 60
    STX Black Putter.

Pro V1 or Titleist NXT

I like ole' FON. Yeah, he plays shovels, but he's got game. plenty of GR potential here Omen.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    I like ole' FON. Yeah, he plays shovels, but he's got game. plenty of GR potential here Omen.

Shovels? SHOVELS?!?!! As in shovels for gravedigging??

HA! I eat what I kill and let the eagles pick the bones clean. After I empty their wallet, that is.

All joking aside, I don't think my Supersteels are big enough to be shovels. Trowels maybe.

Back when these sticks were made shovels hadn't even been invented yet, and it was still uncommon to see toasters stuck to the end of fishing poles, with some sort of gigantic fuzzy animal using it for an enema.

I know they're getting along in years though, but something drastic will have to happen to them before I think about replacing them. They're tough buggers too. Eight seasons now, very few dings (and all very minor and cosmetic), and the only real wear is some subtle shininess over the sweet spots, and I've whacked a lot of range balls with them too. I love the near absence of offset, the heavy feel and low CG. They could have numbered them more honestly though, not too many PW's have 45 degrees of loft. No wonder I was a club longer through the set the day I got them. Strong lofts.

They've seen me through a lot of fond memories (first season in the bag I dropped 11 shots off my index, and got into the 70's for the first time since I was a junior, and shot my first even par 9 holes), so they paid for themselves a long time ago. We're old friends now. They're my posse.

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I agree FON. A lot of the nice sets of irons out there are the ones from the 80's or so. I hit shovels right now cause I have to fix my old irons. I usually play some nice Cobra Baffler Blades, just need them regripped and reshafted which is not a cheap task. When I get the money for it, I will be back to being able to shape a shot. Until then sadly I am digging ditches on the course.
    Driver---Callaway X460 10* Stiff
    5 Wood--- Titleist 904 Fuji Speeder Stiff 19*
    Irons--- 3/Pw Cobra 3100I/H
    Wedge--- 52* Cleveland 588 DSG oilcan
    Wedge--- 56* Cleveland Cg11 Chrome
    Putter--- Odyssey Whitehot #9 (Philly Micks)
    Ball--- ProV1x or Callaway HX Tour

what was that mm drake... slobber that i spew... i spit the truth boy and it's the truth that will set you free...god cant hit a one iron but i pure the bit.ches... thats how i roll

thus saith Omen

Thread Information