|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Spanky's Bar and Grill

OK, Fukkers, post your favorite BBQ recipes here - it will be the perfect union of fire and dead animal flesh.

Spank, it's named after you, so you have the honours...
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

Thank you Boomster!

Okay, here are some pictures from the last couple of days. One is an absolutely fantastic steak I enjoyed, and the other pictures are of my jerk chicken.

The recipe is posted on my barbecue link provided in another thread here.

Enjoy...

Oops, the photos are too big. I'll try later.

Edit: here is a link to the photos at ST. Golfreview declined to upload them saying they were too large. Go here: http://www.shottalk.com/forum/no-gol...tml#post162155

How come GR doesn't resize photos like every other forum on the internet?

That sucks. How can we get good pictures here then?
    Last edited by spankdog; 09-18-2007 at 09:02 PM.

One word. Hotdogs.

Seriously, I've been into indirect heat lately. I've got a propane grill so I'm obviously not a purist, but I'll crank the front burner on high and leave the back burner off. Sprinkle NY strips with a little olive oil, grind a little pepper on them and sear each side for about a minute. Then turn down the front to about medium and put the steaks on the back, turning a couple times. If the meat is good, I like my steaks just as much as the $40 ones at the steakhouse.
    I really need to get a three burner grill though.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Out of the many recipes I grill, I have 5 favs:

1 - Baby back ribs
    2 - Caribou Back straps (will work with any wild game)
    3 - Grilled pizzas
    4 - Black Angus burgers
    5 - Smoked Arctic Char (can substitute salmon or trout)

I will post these recipes one at a time, since most of you would not be able to handle the sensory over-load if I put them all on here at once, but needless to say, it would take a little time, and I am on rec break at work right now with 10 seconds before my classroom fills up with 35 ados.

Quote Originally Posted by spankdog
    How come GR doesn't resize photos like every other forum on the internet?

That sucks. How can we get good pictures here then?
    The site hasn't been updated for a long time. It's old tech.

Did you try saving the pictures as a JPEG?
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Spank I hate you for even posting that thread. All I have to eat right now is Ritz crackers with peanut butter and jelly. Then I go and look at some of those pics. This sucks...
    Driver---Callaway X460 10* Stiff
    5 Wood--- Titleist 904 Fuji Speeder Stiff 19*
    Irons--- 3/Pw Cobra 3100I/H
    Wedge--- 52* Cleveland 588 DSG oilcan
    Wedge--- 56* Cleveland Cg11 Chrome
    Putter--- Odyssey Whitehot #9 (Philly Micks)
    Ball--- ProV1x or Callaway HX Tour

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    The site hasn't been updated for a long time. It's old tech.

Did you try saving the pictures as a JPEG?
    Golfaholic, I am the master of Golfreview.com. Of course I tried JPEG, but the photos were of too a high quality (about 580 kb) and this site only allows 190 kb to be uploaded. Shottalk.com is way better because although they only allow about the same, they automatically convert it downwards to upload.

Of course, I can't link photos from their site to here, ethically speaking, but I can link to the link; therefore, I did so...

Lilhuth, read the whole thread from the beginning; it is very informative, because I knew nothing a few months ago.

I am making 4 ribs and 20 chicken thighs, and more, this weekend; I will try to post pictures.

spank

#1 - Baby back ribs:

This is a 2 - banger recipe, meaning you'll need a gas BBQ and coal,

Take your rack(s) of ribs. Make a rub-on marinade of paprika, garlic powder, currie, and salt. Rub this onto the dry ribs. Let stand for at least 4 hours. Wrap the ribs in doubled tin foil with some pineapple juice. Put a smoke box in the BBQ with some apple or maple wood chips. Put the BBQ on low, and let the smoke get started before you put teh ribs in there - you need to be able to smell the smoke. Smoke like this for 2 hours on your lowest BBQ setting, then take the ribs out and smoke again at the same temperature for 2 hours. When this is done, prepare you fav sauce and slather it onto ribs while cooking at a high heat - it will carmalize the sauce into the rib. The sauce is your choice - something heavy molasses is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer
    #1 - Baby back ribs:

This is a 2 - banger recipe, meaning you'll need a gas BBQ and coal,

Take your rack(s) of ribs. Make a rub-on marinade of paprika, garlic powder, currie, and salt. Rub this onto the dry ribs. Let stand for at least 4 hours. Wrap the ribs in doubled tin foil with some pineapple juice. Put a smoke box in the BBQ with some apple or maple wood chips. Put the BBQ on low, and let the smoke get started before you put teh ribs in there - you need to be able to smell the smoke. Smoke like this for 2 hours on your lowest BBQ setting, then take the ribs out and smoke again at the same temperature for 2 hours. When this is done, prepare you fav sauce and slather it onto ribs while cooking at a high heat - it will carmalize the sauce into the rib. The sauce is your choice - something heavy molasses is good.
    Wow!

You do know your stuff. I have not heard this technique yet, but I will be getting a coal smoker this spring... You have both?

My favorite recipe:
    1. Drive along a semi-rural road
    2. Find a road kill possum
    3. Place possum off the main roadway onto the shoulder to avoid getting that nasty rubber taste
    4. Leave for 3-4 days to let the meat age properly in the sun
    5. Return to site with eating utensils
    6. Enjoy
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    why the **** is this stupid-as.s thread a sticky?

And where's our anorexic albino backyard driving-ranging hockey-reffing canadian moderator eh?
    Last edited by bjdrivers; 09-20-2007 at 08:56 AM.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Idk, I guess sicne JS is a mod now it has gone to his head and he thinks he is too good for the likes of regular posters like us. Either that or he is in the tanning bed trying to not blend in with the snow around him.
    Driver---Callaway X460 10* Stiff
    5 Wood--- Titleist 904 Fuji Speeder Stiff 19*
    Irons--- 3/Pw Cobra 3100I/H
    Wedge--- 52* Cleveland 588 DSG oilcan
    Wedge--- 56* Cleveland Cg11 Chrome
    Putter--- Odyssey Whitehot #9 (Philly Micks)
    Ball--- ProV1x or Callaway HX Tour

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers

And where's our anorexic albino backyard driving-ranging hockey-reffing canadian moderator eh?
    Because I hit the "make this thread a sticky" option when I posted it - and I did that on purpose, so post your complaints else-fukking-where if you have nothing constructive to add to this thread.

I'm here boys.

School, Work and 2 hours of homework a night leaves little time to post.

It's 11:30PM now, and I have class at 7:50.

However, I have tomorrow through Monday off. Sunday is a 8 hour reffing clinic and Monday is a HS golf TRNY.

I'm on as much as I can..Haven't been to ST in like..a week.

<3 JS

Golfaholic, I am the master of Golfreview.com. Of course I tried JPEG, but the photos were of too a high quality (about 580 kb) and this site only allows 190 kb to be uploaded. Shottalk.com is way better because although they only allow about the same, they automatically convert it downwards to upload.

spank

Just trying to be helpful, no need to be so god damn hateful.

JS

Just trying to be helpful, no need to be so god damn hateful.

JS
    Bish,

Please refrain from posting off topic comments in my thread. I will simply not allow it.

Go finish your homework, and perhaps we can discuss this matter in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers

Can someone politely tell me who this nerd is? He has over 900 posts, and I honestly have never read one of his posts, until now.

Bish,

This thread is a sticky.
    And if you don't like it, then GET THE HELL OUT OF MY BAR, YOU BASTARD!!!

retard,

spank

P.S. Let's get back to the grilling/barbecuing subject, please...

2. Caribou Back-straps:

Sadly, most of you will never have the opportunity to try caribou meat. It is an extremely lean meat, and must be cooked carefully lest it drys out, giving it the texture of old boot leather (you can use this recipe on deer, moose, or elk as easily). BTW - caribou was served at the Masters dinner by Mike Wier - please do no judge the caribou by that affiliation.

Remove all silverskin from the back strap. Marinade it in Guinness with a few dashes of Liquid Hickory smoke for about 2 hours. Prepare a paste of half a cup of mustard and half a cup of black pepper. Cover the back straps with this paste then grill it on the lowest setting for about one hour (more depending on the size of the cut). While the meat is grilling, prepare a glaze. My preference is one made of red current or cranberry jam mixed to taste with regular BBQ sauce. Increase the heat on your grill, then glaze the strap, turning frequently so that it carmelizes evenly.

I usually serve this with some asparagus and butternut squash (skin and boil squash, then mash it, adding salt, black pepper, butter, and sour cream). Caribou is a fairly mild meat as far as wild game goes, so I tend to comliment it with a fuller bodied wine - Shiraz, or even a nice Cab-Sauv.

3. Grilled Pizza

Make a dough - too long to type the recipe I use, but it a simple bread dough. Shape them into small circles - 9 inches or so. Cover them with an even mix of olive oil and Italian salad dressing, then grill them on one side - do not burn. Remove the crusts, then garnish the grilled side with hot capicollo, followed by bruschetta paste, and topped off with feta cheese.

Accompany this with cold beer and a baseball game.

4. Black Angus burgers:

The only beef I get in my house, as you may have noticed by now, is Black Angus. This is a simple, and very common recipe, but it is one of my favorite meals, nonetheless.

In a bowl, place a pound of ground beef. Mix in a small bag or Lipton French Onion soup mix. mix the combo so that the seasoning and onion chip are well distributed throughopout the meat. Add some hot sauce if you want a bit more bite from it. While grilling, sprinkle the outside of the patties with Montreal Steak spice. You do not want to flip burgers too often - they taste best when moved as little as possible, so a good medium heat is enough, and be careful flipping them. For the buns, I put garlic butter on the insides and grill them as well.

Note - many cheaper BBQ's have those useless round grill plates. This is extremely frustrating when grilling hamburgers, as the meat often sinks into the grill, often leading to broken or lost patties. I have the reversable grill on my bbq - they are triangular, with a flat side that is perfect for burgers, and a pointed side, perfect of minimalizing contact on steaks, chicken and ribs. The other great advantage these offer is the ease with which you can pick up patties from the side, so you aren't pushing your burgers to the back of the grill to pick them up, making a mess of your food and your grill.

4. Black Angus burgers:

The only beef I get in my house, as you may have noticed by now, is Black Angus. This is a simple, and very common recipe, but it is one of my favorite meals, nonetheless.

In a bowl, place a pound of ground beef. Mix in a small bag or Lipton French Onion soup mix. mix the combo so that the seasoning and onion chip are well distributed throughopout the meat. Add some hot sauce if you want a bit more bite from it. While grilling, sprinkle the outside of the patties with Montreal Steak spice. You do not want to flip burgers too often - they taste best when moved as little as possible, so a good medium heat is enough, and be careful flipping them. For the buns, I put garlic butter on the insides and grill them as well.

Note - many cheaper BBQ's have those useless round grill plates. This is extremely frustrating when grilling hamburgers, as the meat often sinks into the grill, often leading to broken or lost patties. I have the reversable grill on my bbq - they are triangular, with a flat side that is perfect for burgers, and a pointed side, perfect of minimalizing contact on steaks, chicken and ribs. The other great advantage these offer is the ease with which you can pick up patties from the side, so you aren't pushing your burgers to the back of the grill to pick them up, making a mess of your food and your grill.
    Dude, you are the man! I can't believe I ever hated you.

Do you hunt too? I am in San Francisco, but seriously, I wish I could hunt. I do fish in the ocean though. I could show you pictures of dolphins, sharks, tuna, etc...

Apologies for the thread jack, though (If one threadjacks, they should apologize), but check out this dude's hunting expedition; I think he got banned from Ham and Egg: http://www.trollsongolf.com/forum/vi...ight=hunt+deer

Edit: crap you have to sign up, but it takes just a minute, and they won't ban you; they have never banned anyone... you have to see just how many deer these dudes killed, then prepared, then ate...

I rotisseried a duck last night... salt and pepper.

Delicious.

I grilled/barbecued 6 chicken thighs tonight: Jerk Chicken...

This is the recipe, and it is absolutely fantastic...

Just follow it: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._34293,00.html

I forgot to take pictures, but, then, none of you guys even post photos of your masterpieces...

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    My favorite recipe:
    1. Drive along a semi-rural road
    2. Find a road kill possum
    3. Place possum off the main roadway onto the shoulder to avoid getting that nasty rubber taste
    4. Leave for 3-4 days to let the meat age properly in the sun
    5. Return to site with eating utensils
    6. Enjoy
    Great stuff Dorkman! I just wish I didn't do sit ups last night because all the laughing I'm doing is hurting like hell. This recipe looks perfect for all the redneck hillbilly's who have posted on this thread. They should change the name of this forum to 'Redneck Review'.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Dude, you are the man! I can't believe I ever hated you.

Do you hunt too? I am in San Francisco, but seriously, I wish I could hunt. I do fish in the ocean though. I could show you pictures of dolphins, sharks, tuna, etc...

Apologies for the thread jack, though (If one threadjacks, they should apologize), but check out this dude's hunting expedition; I think he got banned from Ham and Egg: http://www.trollsongolf.com/forum/vi...ight=hunt+deer

Edit: crap you have to sign up, but it takes just a minute, and they won't ban you; they have never banned anyone... you have to see just how many deer these dudes killed, then prepared, then ate...
    In response to all the big gun, little dick rednecks out there who think 'hunting' defenceless animals makes them big men I leave this quote from a bigger man than any of you.

You need to hunt something that can shoot back at you to really classify yourself as a hunter. You need to understand the feeling of what it's like to go into the field and know your opposition can take you out. Not just go out there and shoot Bambi.
    -Gov. Jesse Ventura
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Great stuff Dorkman! I just wish I didn't do sit ups last night because all the laughing I'm doing is hurting like hell. This recipe looks perfect for all the redneck hillbilly's who have posted on this thread. They should change the name of this forum to 'Redneck Review'.

I was wondering when we were going to see you again.

Nice of you to stop in.

With sincere affection,

JS

I've been around, but haven't had the urge to post til the last couple days.

I just couldn't resist adding to this thread. That comment from Dorkman was one of the funniest tings I've read. I still can't read it without chuckling. I'm sure it has a different effect on some of our less refined bambi shooting members though. I can almost see their slavering maws now. I bet their are a few pickups cruising semi rural roads in the North of Canada searching for dead possums as we speak.

I just discovered the reason for "Championship caliber ribs."

I saw it all the time during the Food Channel Barbequing contests...

It is the braising of the meat. WOW!!!!

What braising does, is turn the collegen (Spelling) into gelatin! Mouth watering!

I will explain how to do this later, but I just found out Mr. Pants is here...

Got to go say hi to him.

Okay you bastards...

Post some pictures of your grilled and barbecued meats. Too many kids on this forum and not enough men, so I expect not 1 picture.

Bishes,

spank

Okay you bastards...

Post some pictures of your grilled and barbecued meats. Too many kids on this forum and not enough men, so I expect not 1 picture.

Bishes,

spank
    Totally Frikkin' incredible!

1. Sending Pictures of your body parts on the internet.

2. Constantly talking about touching dicks.

3. Asking to see pictures of peoples MEAT!

4. Constantly watching the food channel.

5. And this is the clincher. YOU LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO!

What part of this trend aren't you getting?

Come out already!

We know you have your man handler card!

I just got a new grill last weekend. I will probably not be taking pictures of my dinner as I'm not a psychopath.
    I bought a Weber Genesis with 3 burners. It was kind of a b!tch to set up, but it's ready for some action. So far, it's only seen burgers, brats and corn. The wife is pregnant and she has been craving this type of food.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I just got a new grill last weekend. I will probably not be taking pictures of my dinner as I'm not a psychopath.
    I bought a Weber Genesis with 3 burners. It was kind of a b!tch to set up, but it's ready for some action. So far, it's only seen burgers, brats and corn. The wife is pregnant and she has been craving this type of food.
    Congratulations. With one in the oven, you need something on the grill. Nice italian sausages perhaps, or grilled meatballs with a sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Congratulations. With one in the oven, you need something on the grill. Nice italian sausages perhaps, or grilled meatballs with a sauce.
    Thanks. I haven't tried grilling meatballs, actually I've been fairly tame in my grilling experience. Time to step it up.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Thanks. I haven't tried grilling meatballs, actually I've been fairly tame in my grilling experience. Time to step it up.
    Italians know it's grilling season when the outsides of the meatball have that slight crispiness, which with a good tomato sauce is killer. The veggies get thrown on that thing as well. Just a little olive oil.

Grilled meatballs? That sounds really good. I am going to try it.

I grilled a pizza and it was really good. If you don't want to make the dough, just buy the raw dough from a local pizza place (I make my own, but when you want to save time, buy it), and pick up the toppings at your local store.

I am looking at getting a smoker soon!

I'm sure you've mentioned it here but for the sakes of time one question spankdog - gas or charcoal?

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    I'm sure you've mentioned it here but for the sakes of time one question spankdog - gas or charcoal?
    For the best taste, you will always want charcoal, but not just charcoal but hickory wood that you can buy in big bags cheap. I got a bag recently from a friend of mine that owns one of the best and highest grossing restaurants in the city, but I won't go there...

If you want to grill a steak quickly with no kitchen mess, get propane.

I use propane 99 percent of the time, with hickory chips for flavor when cooking something over 15 minutes. You won't get any hickory smoke in a nice ribeye steak in the 3 minutes a side it takes to cook it.

So, in these crazy times, I would definitely go for propane with a bag of wood chips and a wood chip container for flavor.

I just love charcoal, and I have started to learn it, but it is such an art, and I am not qualified to really teach on it. I am just a beginner and a student of the barbecuing arts. I am quite the neophyte when it comes to charcoal.

But trust me, anything under 5-6 hours of cooking with hickory chips smoking into the meat, will taste the same as charcoal, on a gas grill. Others will agree, but charcoal is just real.

I cooked up some smoked brisket on the grill this past weekend - marinate it for a day or two in your choice of sauces, then smoke it in your gas BBQ with only one burner on the lowest setting and some wood chips (apple or alder is nice) for about 2.5 - 3 hours - it is f@kking awesome.

I'm a lump coal man myself. About 4 years ago I found a vintage big green egg type grill/smoker for $35 in a estate sale. It's the best grill I've ever had and I've tried many grills from gas, chip smoker, webber, etc. I get the charcoal at a local cash-n-carry for $14 for a 40lbs bag. The coal starts in about 15 to 20 minutes which is just enough time to prep the meat, pour a drink, and chip some balls, before it's ready. Last year I got a crack in the ceramic and swore that I would replace it if it totally comes apart. There expensive but if you have the coin and like to grill they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    Totally Frikkin' incredible!

1. Sending Pictures of your body parts on the internet.

2. Constantly talking about touching dicks.

3. Asking to see pictures of peoples MEAT!

4. Constantly watching the food channel.

5. And this is the clincher. YOU LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO!

What part of this trend aren't you getting?

Come out already!

We know you have your man handler card!
    B!tch, I'll wrap my my dick around your neck and start you up like a lawnmower, you cheapshot bastard. I just read this crap, and now you are attacking me on innocent threads?

You will start seeing your threads disappear, and you will never know how it happened if you keep screwing around with my barbecue thread. Francis is a good friend of mine.

Stay out of this thread, if it is not on topic.

You are welcome here if you stay on topic.

If not, there are some amazing things that I can do to your ass with a shoehorn and a boot... I'll take a shoehorn to your ass.

Stupified,

spank

OK, Fukkers, post your favorite BBQ recipes here - it will be the perfect union of fire and dead animal flesh.

Spank, it's named after you, so you have the honours...

Thanks again Boom!

I have a gorgeous new grill, and I look forward to posting new photos of my grilled foods, recipes, et al.

Okay, you will love this grilled wings recipe. Find a dry rub you like and dry rub your wings. I don't have a dry rub recipe for you.

But I found this from a guy that used to sell barbecue food for a living. Simple simple instructions and recipe...

Here you go: "The pictures do not do these wings justice. Cooked indirect at 350º for 1 hour, then dipped in the sauce and cooked 15 minutes and repeated one more time. FANTASTIC! Sweet with a very nice back heat!

Season wings with rub of choice.

Sauce
    1 - 18 oz Orange Marmalade
    1/3 cup - honey
    1/3 cup - brown sugar
    1/3 cup - Sriracha Sauce
    Bring to a boil and remove from heat

Boneless short ribs asian style:
    Seriously, try this if you can find the chili garlic sauce....It's so easy a caveman could do it

1 jar of Lee Kum Kee Chili garlic sauce (easy to find in Hawaii, I don't know about elsewhere)
    1 bottle of catalina salad dressing
    1/2 cup honey
    3 tbs brown sugar
    2 tsp ginger powder
    2 tsp cayenne (optional to give it some more ooommff)
    the rest in soy sauce enough to cover the meat

Mix the sauce, brown the ribs, put it all in a slow cooker and cook on low for at least 5 hours (the longer the better, you cannot overcook these). I usually just eyeball the ingredients...this recipe is hard to f uck up.

This is so good and so easy your friends will be tripping at what an amazing chef you are...Costco sells a really good pack of boneless short ribs here on Maui, again, not sure about elswhere....I'm not sure the poundage but you need enough to fill about 2/3 of a standard large crock pot.....enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by mentaloaf
    Boneless short ribs asian style:
    Seriously, try this if you can find the chili garlic sauce....It's so easy a caveman could do it

1 jar of Lee Kum Kee Chili garlic sauce (easy to find in Hawaii, I don't know about elsewhere)
    1 bottle of catalina salad dressing
    1/2 cup honey
    3 tbs brown sugar
    2 tsp ginger powder
    2 tsp cayenne (optional to give it some more ooommff)
    the rest in soy sauce enough to cover the meat

Mix the sauce, brown the ribs, put it all in a slow cooker and cook on low for at least 5 hours (the longer the better, you cannot overcook these). I usually just eyeball the ingredients...this recipe is hard to f uck up.

This is so good and so easy your friends will be tripping at what an amazing chef you are...Costco sells a really good pack of boneless short ribs here on Maui, again, not sure about elswhere....I'm not sure the poundage but you need enough to fill about 2/3 of a standard large crock pot.....enjoy!
    Sounds good! Have you ever checked out the Chinese place in Kahana? I think It's called China Boat. Right across the street from where we'ev stayed at the Kahana Reef Condos...Real Good...
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Boy I shure would F*** those wings uuup. They look very delicious. And Loaf that recipe sounds real good also. Im going too try that out this weekend. Im always a suker for marinated chicken wings.
    EveryThing You Need To Know About The Game.

Oh, those wings look good. To bad it's to cold to BBQ up here

Oh, those wings look good. To bad it's to cold to BBQ up here
    I made the wings yesterday, and they were awesome. I like the simplicity of the recipe; that is part of the secret of good barbeque/barbecue.

Here are photos of my wings from yesterday; this is from the simple recipe above.

They came out AMAZING!

Last edited by spanqdoggie; 01-07-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Lookin good, Shpanky!

Lookin good, Shpanky!
    Thanks Boomster!

I am currently trying to perfect the perfect flank steak, and I am getting better; the marinade, the salt on both sides for moisture purposes... my problem has been getting the heat high enought to sear both sides... but I think I figured that problem out.

I will post pictures of a perfect flank steak soon. I have the flavor down perfect, but not the high heat sear I need...

I am new with charcoal/wood, etc... I am not downgrading the propane grill; fantastic for quick meals, and of course, superior to any indoor appliance.

But the charcoal/hickory wood grilling! ... oh man... too bad it takes so much time, or I would do it every night, Boomster.

Kicked off the spring bbq yesterday with a smoked Chipotle Butter rub chicken. Nice and spicy but not too over powering. I'll post the recipe if anyone wants but to me grilling is more about the act than the end result.

Yesterday was one of those perfect weather days. I spent the day doing yard work. Nothing better than drinking some good beers grilling and chipping Almost balls for the dog. She's a mutt but has some cattle dog in her and likes Frisbees but prefers chasing these hard foam balls. Probably because I don't make her fetch them. Anyway just a hint of another good grilling season to come.

Grill

Chicken

Grilling Companion

Kicked off the spring bbq yesterday with a smoked Chipotle Butter rub chicken. Nice and spicy but not too over powering. I'll post the recipe if anyone wants but to me grilling is more about the act than the end result.

Yesterday was one of those perfect weather days. I spent the day doing yard work. Nothing better than drinking some good beers grilling and chipping Almost balls for the dog. She's a mutt but has some cattle dog in her and likes Frisbees but prefers chasing these hard foam balls. Probably because I don't make her fetch them. Anyway just a hint of another good grilling season to come.

Grill

Chicken

Grilling Companion
    Absolutely awesome!!!

Chicken looks great and your dog is gorgeous!!!

Love the dog!

Good work!
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

You guys are making me hungry. Poe, do you make your own Chipotle sauce, or do you buy it? Give me the recipe . . . . .

I'm not really in to grilling the chicken with skin on, although I know it is a lot better tasting that way, but I'd like to try it with some skinless chicken breasts.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

get a half-goat, say 10#s, from your local Halaaahhhh or whatever market.
    have them band saw cut them to one hand pieces
    marinate in yoguart, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and a bit of finely diced jalapenos for few hours.

best to grill on charcoal, but a Weber propane grill will do in a pinch

goes well with very cold ales, IPAs for me.

The dog likes them bones.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ironman; 07-14-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman
    marinate in yoguart, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and a bit of finely diced jalapenos for few hours.

best to grill on charcoal, but a Weber grill will do in a pinch

I haven't had goat but I bet it's good. I did make yak burgers last week. They were tasty. I've also had llama steaks before. They were great. Lamb and pork are still my favorite.

best to grill on charcoal, but a Weber propane grill will do in a pinch

Wow.

I actually golfed 18 holes yesterday and carded an honest 98 with 3 shanks and 3 lost balls, and a bunch of 3 putts...

So, at the 19th hole we had Polish sausages and IPA brew, off the tap...

I will have to check out your recipe... I must add that having my shafts fitted for my swing speed/temperament has done wonders for my game...

My short games is where it sucks; what good is it driving the ball far into the fairway to screw it all up on the way in?

No! No no no no....

So I have signed up for a lesson, for my 8-P irons/wedges...

The recipe looks good, dude.

spank

Talking whoaa, vegins!

rant on:

oh I meant vegen or however that's spelled really.
    went to a fine Christian wedding this past weekend.
    fun folks, some very easy on the eyes.
    good wine and tasty cold beers lifted the already jubliant mood.

ah then dinner. vegan. I had been warned.
    actually tasted very good -- i'm sure them flavors were enhanced by the good company at the table.

however right and admirable veganism maybe, tho, I prefer meat with my crunchy veggies.
    I prefer "green omni' - healthy and happy meats ("I want them to have a good life, so I can have thier's," says ironman) I do appreciate most all meaty cuts when offered (not good with ofal, at the moment).

so, now, I'm all fired up to grill everyday this week.

on today's grill is talapia, dirt cheap tasty low fat white fishy chock of selenium (supposed to be good for dudes) grilled with stuffed salsa fresca and served with raw jabanero on the side, and tomorrow, I'll grill Eel River organic grass fed New York cut beef served with a plate of al dente spaghetti.

yup, healthy meat every day of the week... and grateful to have the choices and means...

rant off.

oh yeah, one more, perhaps off topic: Sharia Law sucks, a threat to Americana, that really limits a person's choices under threats of death, but be polite, while we throw them out of our fine country and limit thier evil spread across the globe.
    Last edited by ironman; 07-27-2010 at 02:07 PM.

rant on:

actually tasted very good -- i'm sure them flavors were enhanced by the good company at the table.

however right and admirable veganism maybe, tho, I prefer meat with my crunchy veggies.
    I prefer "green omni' - healthy and happy meats ("I want them to have a good life, so I can have thier's," says ironman) I do appreciate most all meaty cuts when offered (not good with ofal, at the moment).

on today's grill is talapia, dirt cheap tasty low fat white fishy chock of selenium (supposed to be good for dudes) grilled with stuffed salsa fresca and served with raw jabanero on the side, and tomorrow, I'll grill Eel River organic grass fed New York cut beef served with a plate of al dente spaghetti.

yup, healthy meat every day of the week... and grateful to have the choices and means...

rant off.

oh yeah, one more, perhaps off topic: Sharia Law sucks, a threat to Americana, that really limits a person's choices under threats of death, but be polite, while we throw them out of our fine country and limit thier evil spread across the globe.
    No grilled zucchini? I must admit grilling vegetables as a meal is just wrong. But as a desert grilling fruit is good. This time of year I'll skewer strawberries, roll them through powdered sugar and grill them for desert. Only takes about 5 minutes. Serve them with some good melted dark chocolate. Good stuff. Grilled pineapple is probably my second favorite. I've also done peaches and apples.

Gonna grill some basic buffalo/beef burgers tonight. Probably eat them bun-less with a knife and fork.

Anybody try the sweet tea bourbon? Had some last night at a party. Tasted pretty good on a hot summer night. Had it with soda and a sprig of mint. Reminded me of a mint julep without the hassle.

grilled zucchini and yellow peaches

No grilled zucchini? I must admit grilling vegetables as a meal is just wrong. But as a desert grilling fruit is good. This time of year I'll skewer strawberries, roll them through powdered sugar and grill them for desert. Only takes about 5 minutes. Serve them with some good melted dark chocolate. Good stuff. Grilled pineapple is probably my second favorite. I've also done peaches and apples.

Gonna grill some basic buffalo/beef burgers tonight. Probably eat them bun-less with a knife and fork.

Anybody try the sweet tea bourbon? Had some last night at a party. Tasted pretty good on a hot summer night. Had it with soda and a sprig of mint. Reminded me of a mint julep without the hassle.
    oooh yes on them grilled zucchini ....and yams, including Okinawan yams. Buuuyah.
    grillin' fruits also fine, like that hot peach.

sweet tea bourbon, iced? mmmmmmmm

oooh yes on them grilled zucchini ....and yams, including Okinawan yams. Buuuyah.
    grillin' fruits also fine, like that hot peach.

sweet tea bourbon, iced? mmmmmmmm
    Iced. I usually don't prescribe putting anything in my bourbon other than maybe a little sweet vermouth and a couple of ice cubes but it was nice and refreshing from what I can remember. They also had a sweet tea vodka; it was good but not as good as the bourbon. I prefer dark liquor. Another drink they had going was a cucumber infused vodka with a splash of cranberry, splash of sweet and sour, splash of soda water, squeeze of lime, and sprig of mint. That drink was surprisingly refreshing as well. It was a good party and a beautiful night....

Have you grilled strawberries?

4. Black Angus burgers:

I like to eat barbecue, but I prefer the Brazilian grill, those unique flavor make love, often let me not consciously to some Brazilian grill shop

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I like steak.

Will post more later on this... Just need to get the last spam post off my thread...

clue: Golden Gate Steaks: http://www.yelp.com/biz/golden-gate-...-san-francisco

Buy the prime cut rib eye and grill that bastard over 500 degrees, 3 minutes a side for the .6 pounder...

I golf with a celebrity chef and other friends, that agree; they (GG meat company) have a large commercial factory near where I pick up stuff for remodeling work, but you can get these steaks down here at the Ferry Building link above... maybe 15-17 bucks for the best (.6lb) prime rib eye steak you will ever have anywhere, if you know how to grill it yourself?

You will probably shell out close to $30 for a 1lb steak, and you will need to cook longer on each side. 3 minutes a side, then shut off one side and lower heat for another 2-4 minutes, depending on the thickness.

I had 3 of these steaks last week, and I am so spoiled. I love my wife; she buys and prepares, and I grill.

I will post pictures next time.

spank
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 12-02-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    I like steak.

Will post more later on this... Just need to get the last spam post off my thread...

clue: Golden Gate Steaks: http://www.yelp.com/biz/golden-gate-...-san-francisco

Buy the prime cut rib eye and grill that bastard over 500 degrees, 3 minutes a side for the .6 pounder...

I golf with a celebrity chef and other friends, that agree; they (GG meat company) have a large commercial factory near where I pick up stuff for remodeling work, but you can get these steaks down here at the Ferry Building link above... maybe 15-17 bucks for the best (.6lb) prime rib eye steak you will ever have anywhere, if you know how to grill it yourself?

You will probably shell out close to $30 for a 1lb steak, and you will need to cook longer on each side. 3 minutes a side, then shut off one side and lower heat for another 2-4 minutes, depending on the thickness.

I had 3 of these steaks last week, and I am so spoiled. I love my wife; she buys and prepares, and I grill.

I will post pictures next time.

spank
    Damn, a nice thick medium rare steak, on the rare side, sounds good. There's some good markets here in stumptown (Portland) that have great beef. I'm not sure why anyone would buy a steak out; stakes off my grill are awesome. My wife makes a Ceasar salad from scratch that is great and plays nicely off the grilled steak.

F' it. I'm finishing my wine and heading down to the market to get some. I think I'll have them cut an 1-1/2" thick cut off the porter house side of the tbone. I'd take some photo's but it's dark out and there's no flash on the iPhone.

Damn, a nice thick medium rare steak, on the rare side, sounds good. There's some good markets here in stumptown (Portland) that have great beef. I'm not sure why anyone would buy a steak out; stakes off my grill are awesome. My wife makes a Ceasar salad from scratch that is great and plays nicely off the grilled steak.

F' it. I'm finishing my wine and heading down to the market to get some. I think I'll have them cut an 1-1/2" thick cut off the porter house side of the tbone. I'd take some photo's but it's dark out and there's no flash on the iPhone.
    Ha ha! excellent!

Funny you mention it, my wife made the Caesar salad, too from scratch; your wife uses the raw egg right? ;-)

Ha ha! excellent!

Funny you mention it, my wife made the Caesar salad, too from scratch; your wife uses the raw egg right? ;-)
    Yap, coddled(sp) to be exact. Great meal but I got a Chateaubriand instead of the tbone. They had a nice marbled one and it was on sale for a great price. Thanks for the motivation. We were going to go out but dinner at the house is always better.

Yap, coddled(sp) to be exact. Great meal but I got a Chateaubriand instead of the tbone. They had a nice marbled one and it was on sale for a great price. Thanks for the motivation. We were going to go out but dinner at the house is always better.
    No it's true. Kids don't know any better, and most of these video game playing retards will never know.

You are quite welcome, and that is a soft cut, great when personally grilled.

I just googled to see if my personal knowledge agrees with google (well, shucks, I am born and raised in sf; of course my knowledge is correct) and came up with this link and photo of the steaks I am eating right now: http://survivalfarm.wordpress.com/20...-you-remember/

the photo below is EXACTLY what I am eating, but mine is probably higher quality. The thick fat in the middle sort of burns away, and fizzles back up creating an awesome flavor; the crust from the salt and pepper and high heat combine to create the best steak in the world.

The link above confirms the cost, but that is close to the steak I am eating. I will get my own pictures to confirm; you have to eat it to know... melts in your mouth.

Poe, you are right; I have eaten lots of steaks in restaurants but nothing compares to grilling your own... they don't sell these cuts to normal people by the way; usually you can only find it in restaurants, or make a special request at your store, but they probably won't have it... Ask for a "Prime Cut Rib Eye" and see what they say though...

I am spoiled, as I live in San Francisco. (I feel sorry for the jackasses that live within a hundred miles of Los Angeles)

Here is a quote from the Yelp link above that basically says what I am trying to say: "First off this is the only place in the Bay Area I've seen that actually carry USDA Prime graded beef. Beef that is usually only reserved for restaurants. When I saw it I had an epiphany...to think that an ordinary guy like me can take home such quality meat and prepare it any way I like got me salivating.

However this high quality does come at a cost $22.95/lb for the ribeye. Bought it today and cooked it up at home the very same day. Was one of the best steaks I've ever had in my life...restaurant or otherwise. Chicken and pork chops looked delicious as well. Can't wait to return and indulge in something else!"

Last edited by spanqdoggie; 12-03-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Ever tried grilling eggplant (or aubergine or whatever you guys call it). As you guys know I'm a vegan so I'm biased, but eggplant is a serious grilling (bbq'ing) vegetable. I like corn on the cob and sweet potato bbqed too, but my favourite charred vegetable is egglant. It's a fleshy vegetable and can be done lot's of different ways, but for mine just throw it on a hot plate with a splash of olive oil, throw on some salt, pepper and chilli flakes and you've got yourself a meal. I also do eggplant parmegana under the grill, with my personal chilli/tomato sauce and tofuti soy cheese slices.

rant on:

rant off.

I find that most people with cultured palates are pleasantly surpirsed by vegan food when they come over for dinner. Obviously full on red neck crackers who eat nothing but meat and potatoes don't like it but most people do.

No it's true. Kids don't know any better, and most of these video game playing retards will never know.

You are quite welcome, and that is a soft cut, great when personally grilled.

I just googled to see if my personal knowledge agrees with google (well, shucks, I am born and raised in sf; of course my knowledge is correct) and came up with this link and photo of the steaks I am eating right now: http://survivalfarm.wordpress.com/20...-you-remember/

the photo below is EXACTLY what I am eating, but mine is probably higher quality. The thick fat in the middle sort of burns away, and fizzles back up creating an awesome flavor; the crust from the salt and pepper and high heat combine to create the best steak in the world.

The link above confirms the cost, but that is close to the steak I am eating. I will get my own pictures to confirm; you have to eat it to know... melts in your mouth.

Poe, you are right; I have eaten lots of steaks in restaurants but nothing compares to grilling your own... they don't sell these cuts to normal people by the way; usually you can only find it in restaurants, or make a special request at your store, but they probably won't have it... Ask for a "Prime Cut Rib Eye" and see what they say though...

I am spoiled, as I live in San Francisco. (I feel sorry for the jackasses that live within a hundred miles of Los Angeles)

Here is a quote from the Yelp link above that basically says what I am trying to say: "First off this is the only place in the Bay Area I've seen that actually carry USDA Prime graded beef. Beef that is usually only reserved for restaurants. When I saw it I had an epiphany...to think that an ordinary guy like me can take home such quality meat and prepare it any way I like got me salivating.

However this high quality does come at a cost $22.95/lb for the ribeye. Bought it today and cooked it up at home the very same day. Was one of the best steaks I've ever had in my life...restaurant or otherwise. Chicken and pork chops looked delicious as well. Can't wait to return and indulge in something else!"

It's been interesting to watch the beef industry. The restaurants used to have a lock on great beef but it's just not the case anymore. There are many quality markets in the Portland area that offer Prime cuts of beef. Some even dry age their own beef. If I'm going out to eat I going to have something that takes hours to prepare. Basically anything with sauces.

I know rib eye's are the choice cuts that all the "experts" like but it has too much fat for my taste. I'm more of a tenderloin cut guy but it has to be on the fatty side. My favorite meat, hands down, is bone in lamb chops. When they are prepared just right they melt in your mouth.

I do like rib eyes from Piedmontese beef. They have good marbling without the big areas of fat. Have you had Piedmontese beef? If you get a chance give it a try.

Ever tried grilling eggplant (or aubergine or whatever you guys call it). As you guys know I'm a vegan so I'm biased, but eggplant is a serious grilling (bbq'ing) vegetable. I like corn on the cob and sweet potato bbqed too, but my favourite charred vegetable is egglant. It's a fleshy vegetable and can be done lot's of different ways, but for mine just throw it on a hot plate with a splash of olive oil, throw on some salt, pepper and chilli flakes and you've got yourself a meal. I also do eggplant parmegana under the grill, with my personal chilli/tomato sauce and tofuti soy cheese slices.
    Eggplant has no nutritional value, but I am sure the salt and pepper must taste good.

On the other hand, eggplant parmesian (spelling?) is really good with the stuff that has calories: cheese, tomato...

Corn is much better.

Hey if you are into this, then grilled peaches are absolutely fantastic; they are amazing...

NAH, have you had grilled peaches?

NAH, do you look like this? I found your online photos...

Eggplant has no nutritional value, but I am sure the salt and pepper must taste good.

On the other hand, eggplant parmesian (spelling?) is really good with the stuff that has calories: cheese, tomato...

Corn is much better.

Hey if you are into this, then grilled peaches are absolutely fantastic; they are amazing...

Oh forget it; I forgot you golfed with Big Dave, so we can't pretend what you look like; my mistake.

Spank, I don't want to be blasphemous in any way, but I feel compelled to comment because of my commitment to food, italianess,etc. Ribeyes and those kinds of fat-laden steaks taste good because of the fat. It isn't hard to achieve gastronomorgasmicness that way. But it isn't real healthy and It's kind of like wide soled chopper shovels in golf.

Occassional is fine but the real skill comes in making relatively lean cuts of meat knock your socks off. Sometimes this may require a sauce, marinade (into garlic balsamic based right now) or some other accompaniment, but other times it's just a matter of not getting soused when grilling and then nailing it.
    GR lives...

Corn is much better.

That's an old photo, I look a bit different now. Just imagine that guy with receeding hair, a comb over, a double chin and stronger lenses and you will be close. I've never had grilled peaches, but consider giving it a try. Poached peaches are pretty good so why not grilled.

That's an old photo, I look a bit different now. Just imagine that guy with receeding hair, a comb over, a double chin and stronger lenses and you will be close. I've never had grilled peaches, but consider giving it a try. Poached peaches are pretty good so why not grilled.
    No, my mistake. I confused you with famous davis...

You are on my sh!tlist now.

I have to go over all of your posts and make sure you were unfriendly to me, before I hunt you down on the internets...

It has been a long time since I have had an enemy... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    I made the wings yesterday, and they were awesome. I like the simplicity of the recipe; that is part of the secret of good barbeque/barbecue.

Here are photos of my wings from yesterday; this is from the simple recipe above.

They came out AMAZING!

Wow... just wow. Mmm mm mmmmmm

That looks very tastey - a cold Canadian beer on the side and you're in business.

I adjusted my ribs recipe - dropped the smoking and now slow cook them for 4 hours in a mix of ginger ale and pinapple jouice with some hot sauce and 2 shots of Jack Daniels.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
    That looks very tastey - a cold Canadian beer on the side and you're in business.

I adjusted my ribs recipe - dropped the smoking and now slow cook them for 4 hours in a mix of ginger ale and pinapple jouice with some hot sauce and 2 shots of Jack Daniels.

Hey Boomster! Glad you came back!

Dude I just read you are 6'3" tall and that brings back memories as I am the shortest in my family at a hair over 6 foot tall. My younger brother is 6' 4" and my father is 6' 2" and my cousins are 6' 7" and 6' 8" on my father's side... I have a dozen cousins on my mom's side but the height is not on that family...

Needless to say, wrestling and fighting with everyone as a kid and winning most of the time (you never win all the time as a kid)... height does not intimidate me simply based upon my upbringing and winning battles...

I love dudes in the over 6 foot range even though I am so short at only 6 foot.

However, at the age of 42 I am no longer in a fighting mode; Boomster you would kick my ass as sure as I would kick golfaholic's ass...

Note to the youngsters: men my age are very dangerous if you encounter them and threaten violence; we can't bounce around like we used to, so we will revert to street fighting which is worse than anything.

Thankfully, I have had no troubles in the last few years, although my brother seems to find it, but he loves that kind of stuff... just took his proud ass down in an arm wrestling match yesterday. All day son...I am the older brother ( 18 months older) and I cannot let him win.

Word to the wise: Never start trouble with anybody in real life. Always smile and be polite in real life. Enjoy life.

Rock on Boomster!!!
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 10-26-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Hey Spankalicious - how's it goin, baby!

ME - yeah, I'm back. I've been doing a lot of re-working of my passtimes after the birth of #4, and basically figured a quick home & home competition over the summer with some good friends early Saturday mornings gave me a lot more quality time with the kids that professionally guiding hunting all fall - and it kept the wife off my nuts...and on them more often in a more appreciable manner. As I got back into golf, I got to wonderin how things were goin here...needless to say, I was not impressed to return and find one of GR's finest citizens had been kicked off the island.

Height - yup I'm a wee bit on the large side. Unfortunately my only sibling is my 6 foot tall sister who is 9 years my junior - I had to get my kicks bouncing in the town bars in university.

Got some Hallowe'en bbq goodies forth-coming, my friend - my bro-in-law is comin up with the nephews, and I'll be firin' some bbq pizza's for the squirts, and smokin marinaded bavette (brisket) - I prep this in a combo of bourbon, Montana Hot BBQ sauce, and a BBQ base sauce, slow smoke it over apple tree chips for 3 or 4 hours, the carmalize with some maple syrop and a sprinkling of - you guessed it - Montreal steak spice. I will send pics.

A bientot.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
    Hey Spankalicious - how's it goin, baby!

ME - yeah, I'm back. I've been doing a lot of re-working of my passtimes after the birth of #4, and basically figured a quick home & home competition over the summer with some good friends early Saturday mornings gave me a lot more quality time with the kids that professionally guiding hunting all fall - and it kept the wife off my nuts...and on them more often in a more appreciable manner. As I got back into golf, I got to wonderin how things were goin here...needless to say, I was not impressed to return and find one of GR's finest citizens had been kicked off the island.

Height - yup I'm a wee bit on the large side. Unfortunately my only sibling is my 6 foot tall sister who is 9 years my junior - I had to get my kicks bouncing in the town bars in university.

Got some Hallowe'en bbq goodies forth-coming, my friend - my bro-in-law is comin up with the nephews, and I'll be firin' some bbq pizza's for the squirts, and smokin marinaded bavette (brisket) - I prep this in a combo of bourbon, Montana Hot BBQ sauce, and a BBQ base sauce, slow smoke it over apple tree chips for 3 or 4 hours, the carmalize with some maple syrop and a sprinkling of - you guessed it - Montreal steak spice. I will send pics.

A bientot.
    Man that sounds soooooo good!

Congrats on the new kid!

I look forward to the pictures! I have been grilling recently; even had all three working at once last week: smoker for ribs, weber grill for sausages and searing chicken, and propane grill for finishing chicken thighs...

Cool dude!

spank

Thanksgiving Is Almost Here....

It's not too soon to buy bread for stuffing, it takes time to get it properly stale. Organic birds go fast around here, I don't go crazy trying find organic stuff, but they pump so much s.hit into turkeys to get them to grow fast, it's a good idea.

I don't have a traditional Norman Rockwell family so I've sent out invites to those I know in the same situation. Last year we had a fun group but I was by myself ccoking-wise. That's great in that I don't have to clean up, but this year I'll hopefully have a sous chef.

I also invited my ex-wife, it's been long enough, I'm also inviting a date. Should provide a little entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German View Post
    It's not too soon to buy bread for stuffing, it takes time to get it properly stale. Organic birds go fast around here, I don't go crazy trying find organic stuff, but they pump so much s.hit into turkeys to get them to grow fast, it's a good idea.

I don't have a traditional Norman Rockwell family so I've sent out invites to those I know in the same situation. Last year we had a fun group but I was by myself ccoking-wise. That's great in that I don't have to clean up, but this year I'll hopefully have a sous chef.

I also invited my ex-wife, it's been long enough, I'm also inviting a date. Should provide a little entertainment.
    I was just thinking about thanksgiving yesterday. One of my golfing buddies is a vineyard manager. I haven't played with him for almost 6 weeks because of harvest. We're playing tomorrow and we usually get together for thanksgiving. So, I've anticipated the conversation about this years gathering.

One little bump in this years planning. His sister go knocked up and had a baby. If she is there with her baby it will change the party dynamics. I love kids but eating/celebrating with adults is better. I also think she went vegan. What a pain in the arse. Planing a bird meal with a phucking vegan. Maybe I'll just buy some granola for her. I wonder if she feeds her kid soy, breast flavored milk.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    I was just thinking about thanksgiving yesterday. One of my golfing buddies is a vineyard manager. I haven't played with him for almost 6 weeks because of harvest. We're playing tomorrow and we usually get together for thanksgiving. So, I've anticipated the conversation about this years gathering.

One little bump in this years planning. His sister go knocked up and had a baby. If she is there with her baby it will change the party dynamics. I love kids but eating/celebrating with adults is better. I also think she went vegan. What a pain in the arse. Planing a bird meal with a phucking vegan. Maybe I'll just buy some granola for her. I wonder if she feeds her kid soy, breast flavored milk.
    It's difficult to collect people together for Thanksgiving without at least one of them being a PITA. Maybe you're lucky for having dodged the bullet in the past.

If you've ever cooked for this you know how much work it is to do a good job. It's unreasonable for someone to expect a separate menu. She can have sides but should bring anything else she wants. I cook because I enjoy it and it's a giving thing but that doesn't mean I'm somebody's n.igger.

As far as the kid, spike the milk and set up a place for him where crying wouldn't be audible. Train your dog to bark at the baby when in range.

And make sure the guy brings some Pinots you can't buy, you lucky dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German View Post
    It's difficult to collect people together for Thanksgiving without at least one of them being a PITA. Maybe you're lucky for having dodged the bullet in the past.

If you've ever cooked for this you know how much work it is to do a good job. It's unreasonable for someone to expect a separate menu. She can have sides but should bring anything else she wants. I cook because I enjoy it and it's a giving thing but that doesn't mean I'm somebody's n.igger.

As far as the kid, spike the milk and set up a place for him where crying wouldn't be audible. Train your dog to bark at the baby when in range.

And make sure the guy brings some Pinots you can't buy, you lucky dog.
    The wine is a big plus. He always has some great private select and library wines from his and neighboring vineyards. I'll usually buy the sparkling and white wine for the before meal noshing but he covers the pinot.

I was talking to him one day last winter and he said he tasted over 60 cases of pinot over the last two weeks. They were re-bottling some of their library wines and had to taste for corked wines. That's a tough job.

Thread Information