|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Nickent 3DX 17*

Nickent 3DX 17*

One of the guys in my foursome traded me a Nickent 3dx 20* for an old Cobra SS Hypersteel offset 7 wood. I like the 20* hybrid and am looking for something in the 4+, 5 wood range. The swing weight really feels good so I'm thinking about changing from a fairway wood to something a little heavier in the head.
    So has anyone hit a Nickent 17* 3DX? I hit the 20* perfectly straight and I make pretty good contact. Will the 17* be more of the same? I guess I don't want something that is significantly lighter or harder to hit. I don't keep a 3 wood in my bag because I hit a 5 wood about the same distance and much more reliable. I'm open to other hybrids but I'm not going to pay more than $40 bucks off ebay, or get anything with a draw bias, or anything offset.

Thanks for your response(s).
    Last edited by jesse.day; 10-21-2007 at 05:54 AM.

no by dont play the nickent nor would i waste my money on such a stupid club
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

I dont have one, but was thinking of adding a hybrid...

Quote Originally Posted by jesse.day
    One of the guys in my foursome traded me a Nickent 3dx 20* for an old Cobra SS Hypersteel offset 7 wood. I like the 20* hybrid and am looking for something in the 4+, 5 wood range. The swing weight really feels good so I'm thinking about changing from a fairway wood to something a little heavier in the head.
    So has anyone hit a Nickent 17* 3DX? I hit the 20* perfectly straight and I make pretty good contact. Will the 17* be more of the same? I guess I don't want something that is significantly lighter or harder to hit. I don't keep a 3 wood in my bag because I hit a 5 wood about the same distance and much more reliable. I'm open to other hybrids but I'm not going to pay more than $40 bucks off ebay, or get anything with a draw bias, or anything offset.

Thanks for your response(s).
    perhaps over the winter where I could take it to the range and really get used to it. I have a driver, 3wood, but then goto a 4 iron. About 8* loft in there so I need something in the 19* range. I have read good things on the Nickent FWIW. Sorry I couldnt help more. G luck.

For any engineer out there. When you buy a (draw, fade) biased club what is more significant: the weight influencing the clubhead position or the unequal weight applying different force vectors to the ball?

Lord Helmet,

I wouldn't have even looked at a hybrid if it hadn't fallen into my lap but now that I traded a backup club for it I'd say I really like it. I may even add a little lead tape to increase it one more swing weight. I'm a thirty y/o so I could swing something a little heavier approx the same speed and the clubhead awareness would probably result in a little better contact which would add some distance. What kind of 3 wood are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by jesse.day
    What kind of 3 wood are you playing?
    Both my woods are Callaway. My driver is a Titanium 454 w/ firm flex graphite, stock shaft. My 3* is a Big Bertha 2004 model, firm flex graphite as well. I am probably going to upgrade over the winter to the X Hot 3* and the 2007 Big Bertha 5*. Havent decided on the 5* or hybrid though....

I would really only use it off the T on long par3's. At least thats what I am thinking. Not good with the woods off the fairway, never been a strong suit. Not sure how I would hit a hybrid in that situation either. Perhaps I would need to try them both out and go from there.

If not comfortable with woods off the fairway I'd definately go to a hybrid instead of the 5 wood. If you like the 3DX then go their 17*. It might be closer to a 4 wood but should fit the gap real well. They can be had very reasonably now. I really like the Hogan CFTs too. They have a 17* (they call it a 1H). They aren't hook prone like so many hybrids tend to be.

Quote Originally Posted by swartzd
    If not comfortable with woods off the fairway I'd definately go to a hybrid instead of the 5 wood. If you like the 3DX then go their 17*. It might be closer to a 4 wood but should fit the gap real well. They can be had very reasonably now. I really like the Hogan CFTs too. They have a 17* (they call it a 1H). They aren't hook prone like so many hybrids tend to be.

Thank you very much for the information. I will look into this further. Appreciate it.

Thread Information