|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Newbie Perspective

I read the moderators post and the concerne of the use of colorful lanquage that is being used in the forum. One of the things that attracted me to this forum was the connection you guys seem to have to each other, and I would hate to see that lost over communication styles. I think we just need to keep in mind what type of lanquage we would use arround our kids and think they are always watching and use that as our guide
    before posting.
    By the way if Clinton somehow manages to become president, than Canada does Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Franz
    I read the moderators post and the concerne of the use of colorful lanquage that is being used in the forum. One of the things that attracted me to this forum was the connection you guys seem to have to each other, and I would hate to see that lost over communication styles. I think we just need to keep in mind what type of lanquage we would use arround our kids and think they are always watching and use that as our guide
    before posting.
    By the way if Clinton somehow manages to become president, than Canada does Rule!
    one thing i think we try to make clear is that yes you can mess with someone (its just joking around) on this site but, at the same time we ask jus tto simply refrain from certain types of language... the reason for this is it was/is driving away most of the members that were trying to get involved on this forum...

btw: we would love it if we could get some of you to drop plugs for this site on other golf-related sites it would be nice to get some more regulars around here...

I ran across

this site when looking at golf ball reviews. Its been pretty cool so far. Not a terrible amount of traffic but thats cool.

Guess if you use a hybrid or have a graphite shaft you shouldnt admit it.

What if the hybrid has a graphite shaft?

Is it ok to ride in a cart? I need to know these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    this site when looking at golf ball reviews. Its been pretty cool so far. Not a terrible amount of traffic but thats cool.

haha... on this site by members standars (not mine mind you) hybrids are only ok if they replace FW... carts are a no to some yes to others...

but we usually have a lot more activity in the summer and used to have a TON of traffic before the flaming and trolling really got out of had i guess 18mo's-2ys's ago... now were just trying to bring it back any help as i said earlier is greatly appriciated...

I think we just need to keep in mind what type of lanquage we would use arround our kids and think they are always watching and use that as our guide
    before posting.
    It might be a bit hard as most of the trolls and flamers on this site are kids themselves haha
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Everyone acts like a Child here, regardless if you are one or not. My home course went to Temp greens this past weekend so the golf season is coming to a screeching halt.. I've been busy so I havent been posting as frequently lately. I'll still stop in periodically.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, Franz. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much moderation should this site have?
    Personally, I don't think there needs to be inordinate bad language. But, I don't think the mods should edit posts that contain it. In fact, the only thing I think the mods should do is delete spam, but even that doesn't bother me.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

this #$%^&*@ thread is $%^&*# ridiculous.
    You can't handle the past.

Quote Originally Posted by twotime
    this #$%^&*@ thread is $%^&*# ridiculous.
    When you curse it only has asterisks. For example, the word F.UCK looks like ****, not #$%*.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

To clarify if you had to choose between the lanquge used and the chemistry between the members then I would overlook the colorful lanquage. Its unfortunate that the moderator feels he needs to police the posts , I'm sure he has better things to do.

To clarify if you had to choose between the lanquge used and the chemistry between the members then I would overlook the colorful lanquage. Its unfortunate that the moderator feels he needs to police the posts , I'm sure he has better things to do.
    We don't have to anymore. That lasted less than a week before people go the point.

They took it to the non golf forum like we offered, and asked. It's much less of a problem then it was before. There will always be some because that's just the way this place operates.

Welcome to the board,

Get comfortable and stay a while,

Sincerely,

JS
    GRMOD
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

I hope the swearing stops on here. I don't hear swearing ever during life in the "real world" and would expect the same on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by collegegolfer
    I hope the swearing stops on here. I don't hear swearing ever during life in the "real world" and would expect the same on this site.
    Wow! What planet are you from that you never hear anyone swear?

Quote Originally Posted by braincramp
    Wow! What planet are you from that you never hear anyone swear?
    I detected just a hint of sarcasm...
    TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Driver
    Alpha V5 16* Hybrid
    Orlimar H830 19* and 22* Hybrids
    Mizuno MX-19 4-GW
    Mac Tour Bounce SW OR Snake Eyes Viper SW
    Maltby Max Moment Putter

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet

Guess if you use a hybrid or have a graphite shaft you shouldnt admit it. THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA

What if the hybrid has a graphite shaft? THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL COME ON OUT OF THE CLOSET AND ADMIT YOUR GAYNESS.

Is it ok to ride in a cart? ONLY IF A: YOU'RE PLAYING IN A TOURNAMENT. OR B: IF YOU ARE PLAYING GOLF WITH HB & OMEN WHO ARE TOO DAMN LAZY TO WALK.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    Guess if you use a hybrid or have a graphite shaft you shouldnt admit it. THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA

What if the hybrid has a graphite shaft? THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL COME ON OUT OF THE CLOSET AND ADMIT YOUR GAYNESS.

Is it ok to ride in a cart? ONLY IF A: YOU'RE PLAYING IN A TOURNAMENT. OR B: IF YOU ARE PLAYING GOLF WITH HB & OMEN WHO ARE TOO DAMN LAZY TO WALK.
    Your mom is a hybrid. Equal mix of male, female, tranny, gorilla.
    I'm a baller for real

Thread Information