|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Vietnam

Vietnam

Has anybody played Dalat Palace or Phan Thiet (Novotel resort) courses?

This should be an interesting thread before its over

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG

Keep in mind: JS is always watching.

And no, I have not played those courses.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Some of the best Southeast Asia courses are at Cao Dung, Hor Lik, and the Cok Suk.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Some of the best Southeast Asia courses are at Cao Dung, Hor Lik, and the Cok Suk.

Nice being invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Nice being invisible.
    It's a throwback to yesteryear, in my days of combat with Spank, when I was moderator. I see no need to change now.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    A real thigh slapper, Dorkman. You must be the life of the party down in Oak Valley. How old are you? Eleven?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesee
    A real thigh slapper, Dorkman. You must be the life of the party down in Oak Valley. How old are you? Eleven?
    11+66= Dorkman's Age.

I've heard of Suk Cok, but not Cok Suk. I wonder if they're the same. D-man, do you know who the head pro is over at Cok Suk?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I've heard of Suk Cok, but not Cok Suk. I wonder if they're the same. D-man, do you know who the head pro is over at Cok Suk?
    Some real cutting edge humour on display today. A brilliantly witty exchange betwen dorkman and lorenzoinoc.

Well, in seriousness, from what I can tell about you so far, try Tam Pon, I think it would fit you perfectly.

I've heard Viet Nam can be a humorless place, but it doesn't seem you'll have trouble fitting into that type of environment. Good luck.

I don't know the head pro but I hear The Carl keeps the lawn mowed tight.

I heard it was in response to chafing from the members.

I heard it was in response to chafing from the members.
    I just can't match the razor sharp wits of you guys. Your hilarous word games remind me of a Lithuanian stand up comedy show. Are you Canadians by any chance or do you all originally come from Kansas

Well, you did set the bar pretty high with golf in Vietnam. What could possibly be funnier than that? I don't know that the members here can provide you with the input you're looking for. If not, here's a website that may help: www.ImStupidEnoughToPlanGolfInVietnam.com. It can be difficult to connect to the site, so be persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG
    I'm trying.

start here www.vietnamgolfresorts.com

END HERE

Name:  vietnam_memorial_wall_picture.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  41.9 KB

anything else....
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

If you have a chance to play golf over sea's you should take it for sure. Why would people want to make fun of golf in Vietnam? Jealous I guess. Also I hear that a lot of courses in Asia have unique type of grass, like Bremuda on crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Mike
    Why would people want to make fun of golf in Vietnam? Jealous I guess.

I've seen a lot of stupid comments here but this one may take top honors.

Unfortunately the contributors to this thread appear to be universally afflicted with severe Penile-Cranio Dysfunction Syndrome. Before joining this forum, I had the quaint idea that the contributors would be interested in sharing worthwhile golf experiences, not that they were a bunch of clowns whose idea of humour would be seen as infantile even by a ten year old.

Regarding Omen2's post containing a photo of the memorial wall to the soldiers killed in Vietnam, there is nobody who is not deeply sorry for the deaths and permanent partial and total incapacitation of so many soldiers, but try to get it into perspective. WE invaded THEIR country. I suggest that you visit Vietnam and see how your more mature countrymen, including John McCain and many other Vietnam veterans, have been spending time there helping the Vietnamese with hospitals, orphangages, education,etc.

Vietnam is a poor country and the people, who by and large are gentle and charming and, amazingly, do not exhibit ill will towards the tourist relatives and countrymen of the Americans and Australians who fought against them, are very appreciative of this assistance. They are not even bitter towards the French, whose history of colonising Vietnam was a disgrace.

Take the time to read some of the writings of Edwin E Moise, History Professor at Clemson University, to get some perspective on this very unfortunate episode in our history http://www.clemson.edu/caah/history/...liography.html
    Last edited by Tesee; 12-02-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Did you honestly think people were going to have comments about the courses they played in Vietnam?

That's like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Seriously. Try Travel and Leisure Golf site or specifically look for a forum about travel and less about golf. I personally would not consider playing golf in Vietnam. I would be too interested in checking out the culture and seeing sights.
    Now if you were traveling to somewhere like Scotland were golf is the tradition I would guess you would get different responses from this crowd. Good luck on your quest of playing golf in Vietnam.

Well, there are 300 million people in America. Something over 5 million regularly play golf. I thought it quite possible that amongst those 5 million there would be a few thousand who have played golf in other countries.

So, yes, I thought it more than likely that there would be some members of this forum who have played on Asian courses, Vietnam included, and who were interested enough to share their personal experiences .

Instead I seem to have unearthed a bunch of cretins endowed with peurile senses of humour and nothing to say that is worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Seriously. Try Travel and Leisure Golf site or specifically look for a forum about travel and less about golf. I personally would not consider playing golf in Vietnam. I would be too interested in checking out the culture and seeing sights.
    Now if you were traveling to somewhere like Scotland were golf is the tradition I would guess you would get different responses from this crowd. Good luck on your quest of playing golf in Vietnam.

I've checked out a great number of travel sites where I have seen plenty of promotional material for golf courses but so far not been able to find somebody who has played a Vietnam golf course.

Vietnam is a very interesting country to visit and there is much to see there, as with all countries that are foreign to us. I have been there on two separate occasions and have spent quite some weeks travelling around, but unfortunately was unable to play golf during either visit.

If you should visit Scotland, you would find that checking out the culture and seeing the sights would be as engrossing as playing on their wonderful courses. That is one of the great joys/dilemmas of travelling to somewhere different.

Well, there are 300 million people in America. Something over 5 million regularly play golf. I thought it quite possible that amongst those 5 million there would be a few thousand who have played golf in other countries.

So, yes, I thought it more than likely that there would be some members of this forum who have played on Asian courses, Vietnam included, and who were interested enough to share their personal experiences .

Instead I seem to have unearthed a bunch of cretins endowed with peurile senses of humour and nothing to say that is worth listening to.
    Apology accepted.

By the way, I had you pegged as a clueless, humorless dolt who expects the world to adapt to your little narrow pathetic mindset. I didn't realize you're a pompouos, pseudo-intellectual dolt as well. Looking forward to your next self-righteous post full of nitwit dribble.

I just can't match the razor sharp wits of you guys. Your hilarous word games remind me of a Lithuanian stand up comedy show. Are you Canadians by any chance or do you all originally come from Kansas
    Where are you from? Wherever it is, I'm assuming there are plenty of cool folks-that you're the exception. They must love you and your stuffed shirt. You seem like alot of fun to be around.

Apology accepted.

By the way, I had you pegged as a clueless, humorless dolt who expects the world to adapt to your little narrow pathetic mindset. I didn't realize you're a pompouos, pseudo-intellectual dolt as well. Looking forward to your next self-righteous post full of nitwit dribble.
    What makes you think I have apologised to you? For whattaht?

Unfortunately the contributors to this thread appear to be universally afflicted with severe Penile-Cranio Dysfunction Syndrome. [/url]
    I would suggest that the person who started this thread should go to Vietnam, play on several of the finest courses, then report to the class his/her findings. The chances of finding anyone on ANY US based golf board who could make any intelligent comments based on personal experience playing golf in Viet Nam would be an extremely small subset of the population on planet earth.
    When I first saw the thread, I wasn't sure whether it was a joke or a lame attempt at spam. The fact that the initiator of the thread appears to be serious, and offended by the predictably flippant responses to such an offbeat thread, indicates a serious lack of understanding about this or any golf board based in the western hemisphere.

P.S. Since you are so far superior, intellectually and morally, to everyone on this and probably every other golf board for that matter, no one here would be offended in the slightest if you chose to vacate the premises quietly.
    Last edited by dorkman53; 12-02-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Thread Information