|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Locked Threads

Locked Threads

Why? Too many of them open? Too much activity on the threads to keep up with?
    Item's for sale not allowed but JS can solicit price of grips?
    I'm sure you'll lock this one too....

Before you lock this thread, I'm planning a trip to Uzbekistan.....you know the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Why? Too many of them open? Too much activity on the threads to keep up with?
    Item's for sale not allowed but JS can solicit price of grips?
    I'm sure you'll lock this one too....

Do you know how I got the price of those grips?

Through PM,

Which is exactly were this other **** should be discussed.

No one else wants to listen to the two of you *****.

Thread moved to non golf, don't piss me off.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

This belongs in the Non-golf Forum. Moderators, please move this thread and lock it appropriately. And when it gets to the Non-golf Forum, I'm allowed to say f*ck, so I'll get that out of the way.
    Thanks in advance.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic

No one else wants to listen to the two of you *****.

My observation was that the reviews were mostly positive.

I don't recall any prices listed on that thread Ping locked. Just "pick one." So I don't see the comparison. I'm really not a trouble maker here but it's interesting that we have gone months without any locked threads before the recent past. What has been posted on the these locked threads are no different than many other threads including ones you have participated in. Again, it's not worth pissing you off I just want to understand the change in approach.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    I don't recall any prices listed on that thread Ping locked. Just "pick one." So I don't see the comparison. I'm really not a trouble maker here but it's interesting that we have gone months without any locked threads before the recent past. What has been posted on the these locked threads are no different than many other threads including ones you have participated in. Again, it's not worth pissing you off I just want to understand the change in approach.
    Attacking new members and making them not want to come back is not something that is going to become routine around here.

If you read the stickie I believe it says those types of threads will be locked or deleted.

The other thread about golf clubs were he lists deails about every club and then for some reason mentions they are LH looked like he was trying to sell his clubs. When asked about he he did not deny it, so I locked the thread.

JS

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Before you lock this thread, I'm planning a trip to Uzbekistan.....you know the rest.
    Tessee asked me to ask you if you are doing the usual overnight stopover in Inner Mongolia on this trip?

If so could you take your sticks and have a round at Hohhot GC and post a review when you get back as he is thinking of taking a golfing holiday there and wants to hear from all the members who have played there.

He also said don't worry about reviewing golf in Uzbekistan as it is almost as popular a golfing destination as Vietnam and should have heaps of reviews on this site already.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Tessee asked me to ask you if you are doing the usual overnight stopover in Inner Mongolia on this trip?

If so could you take your sticks and have a round at Hohhot GC and post a review when you get back as he is thinking of taking a golfing holiday there and wants to hear from all the members who have played there.

He also said don't worry about reviewing golf in Uzbekistan as it is almost as popular a golfing destination as Vietnam and should have heaps of reviews on this site already.
    Just so you know where to go to do your review Lorenz, this might be helpful

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/clubhouse.../taiweigc.html
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Attacking new members and making them not want to come back is not something that is going to become routine around here.

JS
    I understand your point, but if you look at the thread, we teased gently to moderately, he went on the personal attack several times and eventually the response addressed his ugliness. That's not a routine situation. We've had quite a few new members show up recently and they've been welcomed, treated well and we're really happy to have them.

No, but I've been looking forward to the one nighter in Inner Fallopia ever since the last time .

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I understand your point, but if you look at the thread, we teased gently to moderately, he went on the personal attack several times and eventually the response addressed his ugliness. That's not a routine situation. We've had quite a few new members show up recently and they've been welcomed, treated well and we're really happy to have them.

And in this situation the opposite was happning, and I put an end to it.

And in this situation the opposite was happning, and I put an end to it.
    No, you only think you put an end to it. What you really did was fan the flames and make it a bigger deal than it would have been. If you had left it the hell alone it would have done the rounds for a few days and likely died a natural death like all threads. By taking the course of action you took, you incensed all the fair minded posters here who don't like having their right to free speech trampled by over zealous regulators.

Have a read of history JS. All dictatorships inevitably end in bloody revolution, with the power of the people overthrowing the delusional dictators (usually violently).

If you think you are somehow in charge of this forum, and have any control over what people can or can't post you are in complete denial and will end your eign of terror in the same way as other mods here.

No, you only think you put an end to it. What you really did was fan the flames and make it a bigger deal than it would have been. If you had left it the hell alone it would have done the rounds for a few days and likely died a natural death like all threads. By taking the course of action you took, you incensed all the fair minded posters here who don't like having their right to free speech trampled by over zealous regulators.

Have a read of history JS. All dictatorships inevitably end in bloody revolution, with the power of the people overthrowing the delusional dictators (usually violently).

If you think you are somehow in charge of this forum, and have any control over what people can or can't post you are in complete denial and will end your eign of terror in the same way as other mods here.
    Which implement(s) shall we, the revolutionaries, employ? The scaffold? The guillotine? Being pummeled into mush by an unceasing stream of paintballs? All of the above?
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

All of the above. I'm partial to him being dragged around the carpark behind a golf buggy too.

Thread Information