|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Let's Have some Pictures!!!

OK - everybody here is playing regularly.

How hard is it to bring your digital camera to the course and get some pix??

bd is going to show us the Nicklaus Bear Trace in the next few days.

I wanna see a course in Western Canada. Rock?

Let's see some on course action from Ireland. Irishes??

How about Minnesota? Worm?

Bay Area? Chemboy?

Chicagoland has great courses....Blademan show us....

Mike34 needs to show us his club in Maryland.

Buddha - sign in from Tampa.

bravo

I was going to do the TPC here in the Twin Cities, but it was too formal of an affair. As of now, I don't have any plans to play a good course.

Mind you I played golf with a neighbor of mine about a week ago and we got to talking about Hazeltine (sight of the 2002 PGA, future Ryder cup and PGA). He has played it several times as he knows a member. He said I'm coming along the next he plays it.

Quote Originally Posted by wormburner
    I was going to do the TPC here in the Twin Cities, but it was too formal of an affair. As of now, I don't have any plans to play a good course.

Mind you I played golf with a neighbor of mine about a week ago and we got to talking about Hazeltine (sight of the 2002 PGA, future Ryder cup and PGA). He has played it several times as he knows a member. He said I'm coming along the next he plays it.
    What about your regular course? We don't have to have pix of a championship venue. I'll bet the course you play every week or so is fairly nice. Show us some action from this as you did so well with your swing...

If you mind me asking....why is TPC Twin Cities "too formal of an affair"?

Tuxedo required?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo35223
    What about your regular course? We don't have to have pix of a championship venue. I'll bet the course you play every week or so is fairly nice. Show us some action from this as you did so well with your swing...

If you mind me asking....why is TPC Twin Cities "too formal of an affair"?

Tuxedo required?
    I could do the Chaska Town course which is where I keep my handicap now. Pretty nice challenging course. I'll give it a try over the next few weeks.

By formal affair I mean business. My company is a member there. Sometimes I can play the course with friends, sometimes its a business event. The latter was the case this last time. Although it would be cool to see golfers dressed to the nines on the course. I would think the swings would be fairly restricted though.

Quote Originally Posted by wormburner
    I could do the Chaska Town course which is where I keep my handicap now. Pretty nice challenging course. I'll give it a try over the next few weeks.

By formal affair I mean business. My company is a member there. Sometimes I can play the course with friends, sometimes its a business event. The latter was the case this last time. Although it would be cool to see golfers dressed to the nines on the course. I would think the swings would be fairly restricted though.
    If you do play it, Pls bring the camera and get us pix of clubhouse (exterior), pro shop, and course. Would love to see them....

OK - everybody here is playing regularly.

How hard is it to bring your digital camera to the course and get some pix??

bd is going to show us the Nicklaus Bear Trace in the next few days.

I wanna see a course in Western Canada. Rock?

Let's see some on course action from Ireland. Irishes??

Bay Area? Chemboy?

Chicagoland has great courses....Blademan show us....

Mike34 needs to show us his club in Maryland.

Buddha - sign in from Tampa.

bravo
    I don't have a real good Cam but will take some picks of the local courses I play regularly, at least for the next two weeks.

I suppose I could take some pictures of Fridays round on the Black Course.

For sure.

Sure.

I'll take the camera next round, take a picture of the dreaded par 4 that i have been speaking of.

I'll try and find some pics of some courses out of town.

And some Canadian Beaver. Wish I would have had the camera yesterday.....wow....worth a two stroke penalty for slow play.....

R35
    "35 on the front, 50 on the back....I love this game."

i live in the palm springs area im going to nick faldo's shadow ridge on sat and the beautiful desert willow on wed so ill take my camera and post them when i get back living in the desert is the best if you can handle the heat you can play some amazing courses for 25 bucks all summer PGA west is only 35 bucks that includes the stadium course

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon
    living in the desert is the best if you can handle the heat you can play some amazing courses for 25 bucks all summer PGA west is only 35 bucks that includes the stadium course
    See... My hat would melt into streaks of liquid cotton, causing a rash on my neck, possibly damaging the frosted spikes sticking out of my visor, and probably soiling my golf sandals. The desert is just too big of a risk.... harharhar........

i'm in but don't expect pebble...

i'll get some shots of my local fav. i'm still a budget minded golfer so pebble is off the table for now. i do ride my bike by stanford fairly regularly so maybe i'll sneak in and get some shots.

i second the trip to palm springs in the summer for cheap golf. it's hot as hell but it can be SUPER cheap; courses, hotels, restaurants you name it. it is so seasonal there and they'll jump through hoops for your business may to august.

while i've had the pleasure of playing the stadium course, it was my very first round ever and, sadly, i didn't appreciate it. i was an 18yr non-golfing punk and had no clue as to the quality of course i was playing. (no offense to the teens on the board, i was talking about myself specifically).

Quote Originally Posted by chemboy2
    i'll get some shots of my local fav. i'm still a budget minded golfer so pebble is off the table for now. i do ride my bike by stanford fairly regularly so maybe i'll sneak in and get some shots.

i second the trip to palm springs in the summer for cheap golf. it's hot as hell but it can be SUPER cheap; courses, hotels, restaurants you name it. it is so seasonal there and they'll jump through hoops for your business may to august.

while i've had the pleasure of playing the stadium course, it was my very first round ever and, sadly, i didn't appreciate it. i was an 18yr non-golfing punk and had no clue as to the quality of course i was playing. (no offense to the teens on the board, i was talking about myself specifically).
    OK just bring the camera. Almost anything in California is beautiful.

We all need to get in the habit of bringing the camera, and taking a few shots....

A very close friend just moved from Palo Alto to Atlanta. He played out there for awhile and I will ask him what courses he frequented...

Count on me to throw in some Tampa pics. I'll steal my fiance's camera and go to town.

Just went to Bandon Dunes for the first time a couple weeks ago. My first hack at posting a pic here (hope it works). Let me know if you want more (took plenty of pics).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1107.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	555  

Quote Originally Posted by PingDinger
    Just went to Bandon Dunes for the first time a couple weeks ago. My first hack at posting a pic here (hope it works). Let me know if you want more (took plenty of pics).
    Cool pic
    I'd rather be in that boat than in that nasty looking pot bunker, looks a shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Irishgolfer
    Cool pic
    I'd rather be in that boat than in that nasty looking pot bunker, looks a shocker
    Here's a better look at that bunker, Irish. It's the 12th hole at Bandon Dunes in Oregon, by the way.

Name:	IMG_1110.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	556  

God had that course in mind when he made that lil piece o land. Nice pics!

Great Job

Thanks...

How did you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Irishgolfer
    Cool pic
    Just like home Irish....... apart from the sunshine of course ....... fancy a 2ball I'll check Ryanair for cheap and cheery flights to Oregon

Any more pics ?

Thanks...

How did you play?
    Not too bad, all things considered. I played both the Bandon and Pacific Dunes courses (both 18 holes) and shot about five or ten strokes above my average (I usually shoot about 95-100... still just learning the game).

I did manage to get a birdie on Bandon, and should've easily gotten a bird on Pacific as well but a choked on a putt inside of three feet.

I have more pics of both courses and will be glad to share them when I get back from work tonight.

hopefully that was your ball 6 feet off the pin on that par 3 (the first pic)

I am on vacation and will be playing and Highlands Links and Bell Bay GC in Cape Breton Nova Scotia later next week. I will bring my camera along.

They are ranked #1 and #44 in Canada (the #1 course is ranked 64 in the world by golf magazine with the signature 7 hole in the top 100 holes in the world)

Hopefully the weather will cooperate

Quote Originally Posted by VTDivot
    I am on vacation and will be playing and Highlands Links and Bell Bay GC in Cape Breton Nova Scotia later next week. I will bring my camera along.

They are ranked #1 and #44 in Canada (the #1 course is ranked 64 in the world by golf magazine with the signature 7 hole in the top 100 holes in the world)

Hopefully the weather will cooperate
    cool, I will be playing the Ocean course at the Westin Rio Mar in Puerto Rico, can't wait.

Post pictures.

Me on the practice range at the K club.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like the garbage can.

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    hopefully that was your ball 6 feet off the pin on that par 3 (the first pic)
    Yeah, that's my ball... gave me some time to snap off a couple pics while everyone else tried to pitch on I did end up two-putting for par

Anyways, here's some more pics from Bandon Dune as promised. I'll give details on any holes if you want them, and can post more from the Pacific Dunes course (which I thought was even better!) if anyone's interested.

Name:	closetopin.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	563  

Do you know what this stuff is? Of "gorse" you do!

Name:	bandondunes.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	567  

Exclamation

No carts allowed at Bandon. They have these guys called "caddies." They carry your bags for you and give you advice on how to play each hole. I know, I know, it's crazy talk.

Name:	green.jpg 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	569  

I always have my friend take a picture of me *before* I take my swing. That way nobody can laugh at my swing.

Name:	samdrive.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	570  

The signature hole at Bandon... a steep ravine-type thing right in the middle. You can drive left of it and leave yourself an easy bump and run (or so they tell me).

Name:	signaturehole.jpg 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	571  

Do you know what this stuff is? Of "gorse" you do!
    Greta pics PD. Where's this course? Doesn't look like there is much room down this fairway. I assume they give you a dozen balls included in your green fee.

Ima gonna get mi sum photies this w/e.

Portstewart Golf Club #5

I couldn't wait so I sneaked these off the web...

5th Rifle Range Par 4 - 456 yards. Tee is on top right of picture. A big drive will take you down to the cross walk, leaving you about 160 to a green that measures 37 yards front to back. This is the hardest hole on the course. Getting close to the pin is tough as the green have some severe tiers.*****in' hole, especially with a strong wind.

Portstewart Golf Club #6

6th Five Penny Piece - 140 yards. The Postage Stamp of Portstewart. Gotta hit the green here as there is nowhere to miss. Everything falls off to leave a chip from 20ft below the green. Easy 3 or *****in' 5!

Portstewart Golf Club #8

8th Portnahapple - 384 yards. Right angle dog-leg. Play a 3 wood or iron off the tee to the corner and then play across to a tough undulating green. Just recently been re-indexed at #3 hardest hole on the course. You can have a slash at the dog-leg but only really suitable for "snap hook long doggers". Trouble everywhere if you miss. Never met anyone who has hit the green yet.

Irish(es)

Why don't you run over to Royal Portrush and get us some photos of the action this weekend??

BTW - loved your pics of Portnahapple...Absolutely beautiful.

The signature hole at Bandon... a steep ravine-type thing right in the middle. You can drive left of it and leave yourself an easy bump and run (or so they tell me).

Your photos rival Roscoe. Beautiful pictures on a super weather day.

How much does a round at Bandon set you back?

[QUOTE=Bravo35223]Why don't you run over to Royal Portrush and get us some photos of the action this weekend??

QUOTE]

The missus is away this w/e so I have the rugrats. Not sure Mr. Watson would appreciate them mid-backswing. You never know though, might be there yet. Looks like the scoring is high'ish so far. RP is not overly long but the rough is fairly severe and the weather is not perfect. -2 is leading in the clubhouse after 36.

Beautiful course, beautiful day, nice pictures. What more could you ask for?
    there are probably only a couple of golfers that should refer to themselves as the master. I am sure it is not anyone on this board.

Your photos rival Roscoe. Beautiful pictures on a super weather day.

How much does a round at Bandon set you back?
    Yeah, we really lucked out weather wise. A round at Bandon I think costs $200. Same for Pacific Dunes. They're also building a third course to be opened June, '05 (Bandon Trail) designed by Ben Crenshaw and someone else (forgot his name).

Someone asked where this course is. It's located just outside of the town of Bandon on the Oregon Coast. It's basically somewhere between Eugene (pretty much in middle of the state) and Medford (which is very close to Oregon-California border). I saw both Bandon and Pacific Dunes ranked in Golf Digest's top 100 public courses... don't have that issue anymore, but I think both ranked in the low 50's. I wouldn't pay $200 to play many courses, but this one is definitely worth it.

I'm also playing a nice Robert Trent Jones Jr. course this weekend (Eagle Point), and I'll pop some pics up here after I upload the Pacific Dunes shots. Happy golfin' everyone!

The pics are awesome...

Could we start a thread-per-course for pics so we're not getting them confused? Just an idea...

Quote Originally Posted by bdcrowe
    Could we start a thread-per-course for pics so we're not getting them confused? Just an idea...
    Good idea. When I put up the Pacific Dunes pics, I'll just call the thread "Pacific Dunes Pics." (how original!)

will do

I live and work in South Korea, and there's a nice course in the mtns. that I play every so often called Songnam. I'll bring the camera next time!

Golf away...

Thread Information