|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Omen 2, Not a Hacker....a rebuttal

Mr Omen 2, Mr Not a hacker

I have noticed a number of comments have been made about hybrids that are stated as "fact". If i may be allowed, a rebuttal

from Mr Not a hacker

I think some facts need to be established to stop this agrument form continuing to go around in circles. I have listed some irrefutable facts that we can all agree on and use as reference for future long irons vs hybrids argument.

1. Tiger, Nicklaus, Norman, Palmer, Trevino, Watson, Seve, Hogan never won any majors with a hybrid in their bag.

2. Women on the LPGA tour often have fairway woods and hybrids right down the set, so their cast POS GI shovels start at about 6 iron.

3. The old farts on the cart tour love hybrids, and almost all have them. adams is also one of the most widely used brands on that tour.

4. Long irons can be worked right and left, and trjectory can be controlled.

5. Hybrids are designed to go only straight, but mostly go left if struck by a real golfer with real clubhead speed.

6. Hybrids are absolutely gay and are only seen in the bags of sissy fags who have trouble getting the ball in the air with their long irons.

7. Hybrids are aimed at hackers who have given up on ever becoming a real man

The Rebuttal

1. Hybrids are only of Tigers era, but i suspect he could have won more had he been playing with Hybrids (hell he's so good he can win with Nike golf clubs) However what you said is true so FACT

2. This is a FACT (I dont like women, i play hybrids )

3. Again a FACT (I am old and play hybrids )

4. My long irons do go right and left but not often under any type of control, so HALF FACT

5. Since i am not a REAL golfer (just a 7 H/Cap) i cant comment, but hell it sounds like a FACT

6. I have checked with my partner and he says i am gay and since i have trouble getting most things up in the air, again FACT

7. See above for my REAL man status and i am a 7 H/Cap hacker so FACT

So as you can see i have provided a fair and balanced rebuttal of what can only be described as the most scurrilous, specious bunch of down right lies ever.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................hang on, its all true. DAMN

Mr Omen 2

Now i have looked at your posts and discovered you use this word:-

myelinated

Since i have not the faintest idea what it means i can only assume i am as the Pygmy looking up at an intellectual giant.

As such everything you write will forever carry the gravitas of an oracle to me. Your word is, to me the word of Jehova, never to be questioned

I apologise, this has turned into a poor rebuttal, but you cant argue with evidence based fact .

Regards

Mark
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I read somewhere that Eldrick tried a hybrid, didn't like it. Ball flight was way too high for him to the point of ballooning.He still has the strength and clubhead speed to hit a 2-4 iron, so why substitute.

Mickelson, Harrington and Furyk have won majors. They both have a hybrid in the bag (Mickelson at times he'll substitute, depending on course conditions)
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Mickelson, Harrington and Furyk have won majors. They both have a hybrid in the bag (Mickelson at times he'll substitute, depending on course conditions)
    and Cabrera and Johnson...

well as far as i can tell edgey you seem to have a fully myelinated brain. therefore you have the capacity to be as intelligent as anyone. You seem a far bit brighter than the majority of the bulbs on here.

if you will but learn three simple truths, your time under my reign shall be pleasant if not rewarding.

1 a putter is 32-35" in length approx. and will be blade like in shape: akin to the original ping anser; never larger. NOTHING UNITIZED CAN EVER BE CALLED A PUTTER.

2 Forged Blades and/ or Serious player Cavities are the only REAL golf clubs on the market.

3 Hyrids do not replace long irons, they replace manhood and/or dignity. hybrids in place of long irons is the equivalant to bowling with the rails up to prevent gutter balls... is that bowling. No didn't think so.

the hegemony of blades and those who employ them is not to be feared but admired rather. If you study the users of blades here vs. on tour one shocking realization should jump out at you. On the tour the blade users are outnumbered but they dominate nontheless, as is true on here.

Again, your myelination has been made apparent via your last post and therefore i will acknowledge you as being informed of the fallacies in your arsenal and fully expect your conversion to complete and proper golf equipment in the very near future.

god speed my son, god speed

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Make that 5 major winners who use hybrids.

Side note.. If I hit a 4 iron 175, and I hit a hybrid with the same loft and length 180, AND it stops after it lands... Why would I not use the hybrid?
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    well as far as i can tell edgey you seem to have a fully myelinated brain. therefore you have the capacity to be as intelligent as anyone. You seem a far bit brighter than the majority of the bulbs on here.

if you will but learn three simple truths, your time under my reign shall be pleasant if not rewarding.

1 a putter is 32-35" in length approx. and will be blade like in shape: akin to the original ping anser; never larger. NOTHING UNITIZED CAN EVER BE CALLED A PUTTER.

2 Forged Blades and/ or Serious player Cavities are the only REAL golf clubs on the market.

3 Hyrids do not replace long irons, they replace manhood and/or dignity. hybrids in place of long irons is the equivalant to bowling with the rails up to prevent gutter balls... is that bowling. No didn't think so.

the hegemony of blades and those who employ them is not to be feared but admired rather. If you study the users of blades here vs. on tour one shocking realization should jump out at you. On the tour the blade users are outnumbered but they dominate nontheless, as is true on here.

Again, your myelination has been made apparent via your last post and therefore i will acknowledge you as being informed of the fallacies in your arsenal and fully expect your conversion to complete and proper golf equipment in the very near future.

god speed my son, god speed

Omen
    Thank you for providing me the benefit of your sagacity

I am looking up some of the words so please excuse me if appear to be a noddy

1. I do own a Scotty SS Newport 2 34" Does that qualify

2. Would MP57's qualify

3. the only bowling i know is in cricket and I suspect that even the demiurge may not be able to understand that one. Is there any other type of bowling i should be apprised of.

I await your words of wisdom, and confirm i have set up an alter to my new deity

regards

Mark
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I, myself, wonder about the MP-57-s. Omen...?

I'll handle this one Omen. They are Mizunos and have the MP designation making them a player's iron. Never question Mizunos classifications.

>>> 1. Hybrids are only of Tigers era, but i suspect he could have won more had he been playing with Hybrids (hell he's so good he can win with Nike golf clubs) ...<<<

What about "driving" irons? Weren't those hybrids and weren't those around B.T.?

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)
    Bag: Titleist SC-25

Quote Originally Posted by bladeduffer
    >>> 1. Hybrids are only of Tigers era, but i suspect he could have won more had he been playing with Hybrids (hell he's so good he can win with Nike golf clubs) ...<<<

What about "driving" irons? Weren't those hybrids and weren't those around B.T.?

bd
    No, in our version of revised history, they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainkingjr
    I'll handle this one Omen. They are Mizunos and have the MP designation making them a player's iron. Never question Mizunos classifications.
    Uh, sorry, you don't list your clubs. You may be correct, but I'm going to have to disqualify that answer. Omen...?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeduffer

bd
    Thats a good one

When is the first recorded Driving iron and is it a hybrid

Is the Controller driving iron a hybrid??

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Is the Controller driving iron a hybrid??
    Another blast from the past. If one thing this week of argument has achieved it's been to unearth a litany of gay clubs that have for some reason escaped our blowtorch thus far. I remember the Controller Driving iron a long time ago (at least ten years maybe longer). I remember they were in those tacky 1 page advertisements that made preposterous claims of 'like hitting a driver with the accuracy of a 5 iron' without any evidence to back them up, and they couldn't name names of pros using them 'for legal reasons'. A lot like Doctor Discs One Plane Swing spam on here a few days ago. They were definitely not real mans clubs and were a blight on the game, just like chippers, long putters, that wedge edgey carries and hybrids.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Uh, sorry, you don't list your clubs. You may be correct, but I'm going to have to disqualify that answer. Omen...?
    Tour Edge Exotics 9 degree Graman UL780 shaft
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 3 wood
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18 degree S300
    Ben Hogan Apex 3-PW S300, 2006 model
    Cleveland CG10 54 deg standard bounce, 60 deg low bounce
    Yes Callie Forged Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Another blast from the past. If one thing this week of argument has achieved it's been to unearth a litany of gay clubs that have for some reason escaped our blowtorch thus far. I remember the Controller Driving iron a long time ago (at least ten years maybe longer). I remember they were in those tacky 1 page advertisements that made preposterous claims of 'like hitting a driver with the accuracy of a 5 iron' without any evidence to back them up, and they couldn't name names of pros using them 'for legal reasons'. A lot like Doctor Discs One Plane Swing spam on here a few days ago. They were definitely not real mans clubs and were a blight on the game, just like chippers, long putters, that wedge edgey carries and hybrids.
    hmm so you dont like my driving iron either???

pic's are a bit old and its not closed at all dead square... also the grip is a NDMC now...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    hmm so you dont like my driving iron either???

pic's are a bit old and its not closed at all dead square... also the grip is a NDMC now...
    That doesn't look lke the Controller Driving iron I remember.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    That doesn't look lke the Controller Driving iron I remember.
    thats b/c its the Cleveland LDI (launcher drivig iron)

edgey,
    thanks for the two new words...err. i mean... for speaking on the same level as I do.

in regards to the 57's

Mizuno's design team contacted me concerning the labeling of the 57's... after a very lengthy and indepth analysis of the irons i deemed that they would meet , just barely, the criteria I deemed indispensable for the MP series.

the MP 57 is what i so graciously allow as the entry level club for all golfers. I feel that it offers the look and feel of the pure clubs while allowing for a slight learning curve. these are akin to training wheels... you put them on to learn to ride and as soon as you realize you know how to ride you immediately remove them in favor of the real bicycling experience... in my eyes this is the epitomy of entry level irons and thus they shall recieve my heralded blessing.

Bowling: the american version is this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowling

Omen

Tour Edge Exotics 9 degree Graman UL780 shaft
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 3 wood
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18 degree S300
    Ben Hogan Apex 3-PW S300, 2006 model
    Cleveland CG10 54 deg standard bounce, 60 deg low bounce
    Yes Callie Forged Putter

OK, then, the 57-s are players' clubs. By the way, how do you like the Yes Forged?

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    I used to have a Titty 503H "driving iron" and i couldn't get past the offset on it. yeah, it's more forgiving than a 2 iron, but it is butt arse ugly and came out of my bag. It should come out of yours too pingman, that's just nasty to look at. Strong 5 wood for me.

drivers.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

The number 2 player uses a hybrid and is very proud of it...Jim Furyak...and unless Tiger is a member here that is still better than any of us hacks on here....bladed or cavity. LOL
    Wedge- Mizuno MP-T : 56* SW Blk Ox and 60* LW Raw
    Putter= NeverCompromise Z/1 Alpha putter
    Ball- Nike One Plat 07 or TF D2 Feel
    Bag- Ogio Grom

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    I used to have a Titty 503H "driving iron" and i couldn't get past the offset on it. yeah, it's more forgiving than a 2 iron, but it is butt arse ugly and came out of my bag. It should come out of yours too pingman, that's just nasty to look at. Strong 5 wood for me.

drivers.
    really the LDI has quiet little offset... i dont necessarily think its the nicest thing to look at but not ugly by any means... i thin the reason it looks closed and off set is b/c the shaft is leaning forward quiet a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers

drivers.

What's the difference between a driving iron and a hybid? Not that there's anything wrong with a hybrid, but I thought that's what the H is for. Titleist at the time marketed it as a player's hybrid, did they not?

the difference between a driving iron and a hybrid is that one is called a driving iron and the other is called a hybrid...

a few old sayings come to mind that answer this question

1) if it looks like a duck......
    2) a rose by any other name.........

any questions

Omen

[QUOTE=Omen2]the difference between a driving iron and a hybrid is that one is called a driving iron and the other is called a hybrid...

/QUOTE]

Wow, I never would have guessed. Actually, I recall a Golf or Golf Digest article a few years back talking about hybrids, one type iron based, the other wood based. They called all of them hybrids. Titleist calls the club a utility iron. I know, I know, then it's a utility iron.

utility iron....wrong it's a hybrid...

the utility iron or the driving iron that is all just catchy advertising... it is directed at the real golfers to lure them into a hybrid by calling it something it's not.... an iron

likewise the hybrid and the SGI CPOS CB's are catchy advertising that is more of behavorial modification than actual game improvement...

think about what these ads say... hey if you play this CPOS then the ball will fly like it does for the pros. and with this you dont have to practice like the pros. they would lead you to believe that the pros are just "given" all this money to sit on the range with all the professional help and so they have an unfair advantage and that by buying a GAYBRID or CPOS SGI CB's by ADAMS that you will level the playing field and that you can be found cavorting around the course at your next club championship like tiger down the stretch of a major. These results, of course, are not veritable and so the egalitarianism of these ads is the result of elocution. simple comprehension of semiotics is all that is necessary to percieve the truth in the fantasy. these ads proliferate the paradox of superior golf via inferior golfers. I personally feel that these companies not only do this to make a quick buck but also as a form of schadenfreude.

dont be duped into this like lyle and dorkman and pingman and all the other hacks with SGI POS CB's or GAYBRIDS..... they have just fell victim to the fecund advertising of these companies.

Omen

Here is an excerpt from Tiger at a Nike release party busting on hybrids and belly putters (well as much as he can without upsetting Nike).

"One club Woods will not put in his bag is a hybrid—at least not yet. “I can still hit my 2-iron halfway decent,” he said with a sly smile. “You know what, I can see that happening because in my teens I used a 1-iron, in my 20s a 2-iron, and now as soon as I turned 30 I put a 5-wood in, so obviously 40 will be a hybrid or a 7-wood. Senior Tour will be some kind of 9-wood. Maybe my bag will start looking like Allen Doyle's.”

No doubt the belly putter won't be far behind. “Belly putter, cross-handed saw grip,” Woods clarified to some more good-natured laughter. "

source:http://www.linksmagazine.com/best_of...mo_driver.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    OK, then, the 57-s are players' clubs. By the way, how do you like the Yes Forged?
    I absolutely love the Callie Forged. The regular Yes C-Groove Putters are nice as well. I owned a Tracy and tried out a Marylin for a while. The C-Groove technology has some merit rather than being a gimmic. The Callie Forged has a nice head weight and softer feel than the standard C-Grooves. I like it a little better than the Cameron Newport I used to own. I would say it's the best Anser style putter I have used. Just my opinion. It really works for me.

I absolutely love the Callie Forged. The regular Yes C-Groove Putters are nice as well. I owned a Tracy and tried out a Marylin for a while. The C-Groove technology has some merit rather than being a gimmic. The Callie Forged has a nice head weight and softer feel than the standard C-Grooves. I like it a little better than the Cameron Newport I used to own. I would say it's the best Anser style putter I have used. Just my opinion. It really works for me.
    I messed around with the forged and really liked it. Was very impressed. If I ever stray from the Newport, that's probably where I'd go.

>>>likewise the hybrid and the SGI CPOS CB's are catchy advertising that is more of behavorial modification than actual game improvement... <<<

Don't you mean "score improvement"?

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)
    Bag: Titleist SC-25

Thread Information