|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

7 H/Cap newbys "hackers" clubs, proof you can buy a game!

Hi

New here (and English) so be kind

Seen a few of the posts here and fear i have the worst set of clubs to have ever graced the bag of a 7 h/capper

Adams Insight 15* Driver
    Taylor Made Mid Rescue 19* and 25*
    Callaway Big Bertha (2002) 7 - SW
    Odyssey Tri Ball SRT
    Lovett Lob/Sand/Rescue Wedge

I have tried blades and cant hit them for toffee
    had a Scotty Newport, couldnt putt for toffee
    Had a 10.5* Driver couldnt hit it for toffee

Perhaps it just goes to prove, you can buy a game.

Kind regards

Mark
    Last edited by edgey; 01-15-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Hi

Seen a few of the posts here and fear i have the worst set of clubs to have ever graced the bag of a 7 h/capper

Adams Insight 15* Driver
    Odyssey Tri Ball SRT

Kind regards

Mark
    your gonna get it bad form some of the members but there are some of us who dont care that you play "shovels" your a 7 mark thats better than like 98% of the world

welcome... I'll be kind and leave it at that for now.

so 4 irons, 2 hybrids, 1 driver, 1 wedge, and a putter....

should make for an easy bag to carry.

again, welcome to GR... try not to take anything too serious: UNLESS OF COURSE it comes from Horseballs, BJdrivers, Not a Hacker, Golfaholic ( as soon as he gets blades), and or myself.

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Mark,
    Welcome to GR.
    Curious, what is the gap between your full swing 25* rescue and the 7i?

How long is the course you play on?

That's a pretty low cap for such inferior equipment. Do you play one of those nie hole goat tracks that consists of all par 3's?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Hi

Adams Insight 15* Driver
    Odyssey Tri Ball SRT

Kind regards

Mark

You should take your own advice here. Modern rules of golf allow for 14 individual clubs to be in play during any given round. If you drop 1 shot per new club you could be close to scratch.

Oh, BTW - you need to upgrade your driver from that 3-wood you're toting.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    7 handicap? Not sure what courses you're playing in England, but we refer to that as putt putt golf in the states. Does that tri ball putter also work as a magnifying glass?
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Hi

Thank you all for the (Mostly) kind replys

In answer to some of the questions.

• I carry 7 irons 7, 8, 9, 10, W, SW. Lovett Wedge (I carry 10 irons in total). I do carry a 6 iron occasionaly (Depends on the course)
    • I also carry a Momentus weighted training iron
    • My home course is (Dependant on tees) 6500 to 7200 yards
    • I carry the 9 iron 150yards so you can work the others out.
    • I agree about my driver "3 wood" BUT i can carry it 250 and straight 90% of the time so why change it.
    • As to carrying more clubs to lower my handicap, i dont know what other club would help, but if you can i am confident you will all advise me

Finally i cant agree about the Tri Ball as it is much easier to carry than my old Ping DOC 17

If you play with blades and are able to carry a low handicap, i salute you and acknowledge i am standing in the shadow of giants.

Regards

Mark

The 7 handicap "Hacker"

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    That's a pretty low cap for such inferior equipment. Do you play one of those nie hole goat tracks that consists of all par 3's?
    I am not sure so for the purpose of clarity, are you ..............Australian

Regards

Mark
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I'm glad you could dig what I was saying. I didn't mean offence by questioning your handicap, it's just I was amazed you could shoot that low with that gear. You obviously have some game underneath all that GI crap you a\carry around
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I'm glad you could dig what I was saying. I didn't mean offence by questioning your handicap, it's just I was amazed you could shoot that low with that gear. You obviously have some game underneath all that GI crap you a\carry around
    Hi

I have never laughed as much as i have at some of the stuff on here, particularly about hybrids and blades etc.

Although new to here i am not easily insulted, and are quite capable of indulging in "banter"

I play a quiet game based around a few simple truths

Hit it as far as you can as long as its straight
    Know how far you hit your irons
    If Seve couldnt make the recovery shot your planning, guess what, neither will you
    Keep your chipping as simple as possible
    Par is a good score on 3s and 4s
    Putting isnt rocket science, just practice
    If you arent having fun do something else

Finally Hybrids are good

let the battle commence

Regards

Mark
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

A warm welcome E! Your demeanor will fit in well here so I hope you become a frequent contributor. There are never too many Europeans on this board. As the others may have noticed, I like all Europeans and North Americans for that matter. At first I wasn't sure if you were an actual new member as, believe it or not, there are some here that are prone to making up new characters, sometimes British, and pretending they are actual people. I'm still not 100% on you, but that paranoia has come from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    At first I wasn't sure if you were an actual new member as, believe it or not, there are some here that are prone to making up new characters, sometimes British, and pretending they are actual people. I'm still not 100% on you, but that paranoia has come from experience.
    Whatever are you talking about?

Welcome to the board, edgey. I wish your mother the best of luck.
    I'm a baller for real

That's an odd assortment of clubs but whatever works. What is a Lovett Wedge? Sounds like the swish army knife of wedges. I've been thinking about getting a higher loft driver but 15 degress is a bit much for me I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya
    That's an odd assortment of clubs but whatever works. What is a Lovett Wedge? Sounds like the swish army knife of wedges. I've been thinking about getting a higher loft driver but 15 degress is a bit much for me I think.
    Hi

Lovett Wedge details here

http://www.lovettgolf.com/

Think Omen 2 will be ordering his soon

try a high loft driver. you may be surprised......................

Regards

Mark

Good for you

I have a similar setup, in that my real irons don't start until 7i:

Tour Edge Exotics xcg 12* driver, senior flex - 210 to 230 yards
    Tour Edge Exotics cb2 3, 5, 7 woods - 200, 190, 180
    Bobby Jones 25* and 30* hybrids - 165, 150
    Tour Edge Exotics Ex-3 7 through PW - 100 to 140
    Solus 51*, 56*, 61* wedges - 10 to 95
    Heavy Putter

Like an earlier poster, I'm curious as to why you don't have a club between your 25* hybrid and your 7 iron. Even a short knocker like myself has a 25 yard gap there, which I filled with a 30* hybrid.

And by the way everyone, YES the new TE Exotics xcg is a great driver!!!!

This is a great set for beginners in their first 2 years of golf, e.g. myself by the way, but may not work if you're looking to spend less than $3000 on your bag :-)
    Last edited by dld6928; 01-16-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dld6928

Heavy Putter

Like an earlier poster, I'm curious as to why you don't have a club between your 25* hybrid and your 7 iron. Even a short knocker like myself has a 25 yard gap there, which I filled with a 30* hybrid.

its supposed to have the highest BallSpeed of any driver on the market... that says something right there...

daveperk Guest
    I was only joking in a different thread about a hybrid sand wedge, but that Lovett guy has beaten me to the manufacturing punch!

Welcome, Mark. Prepare for your eyebrows to be burned off here, but in fun way. :-)

Signed,

Sissy girly man with same hybrid that Padraig H used to win the Open Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by dld6928

Heavy Putter

This is a great set for beginners in their first 2 years of golf, e.g. myself by the way, but may not work if you're looking to spend less than $3000 on your bag :-)
    Hi

i hit my 7 iron about 170. I can feather my 25* anything from 180 to 200 so i dont have any prob,

If it is windy i may carry a 6 iron to get a lower ball flight.

Kind regards

Mark

mark,
    your wedge link has caused me to throw up, not a little... projectile vomiting... please feel free to never post another link to anything not preapproved by HB, BJ, NaH, and or myself.

thank you for your cooperation and get some real freaking clubs for god's sake....

sincerly and with much restraint
    Omen

if you insist on keeping that atrocity that you have the audacity to call a wedge, then this may be better than your hybrid...

Name:  alien.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  17.6 KB

... again no more links and/or photos until you receive my blessing... remember not everyone on here has a super strong stomach and may find this highly offensive.

Omen

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    mark,
    your wedge link has caused me to throw up, not a little... projectile vomiting... please feel free to never post another link to anything not preapproved by HB, BJ, NaH, and or myself.

thank you for your cooperation and get some real freaking clubs for god's sake....

sincerly and with much restraint
    Omen

if you insist on keeping that atrocity that you have the audacity to call a wedge, then this may be better than your hybrid...

Name:  alien.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  17.6 KB

... again no more links and/or photos until you receive my blessing... remember not everyone on here has a super strong stomach and may find this highly offensive.

Omen
    I'm going to have to call in sick tomorrow. Timmy Mizuno and Johnny Titleist are rolling in their graves.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Hi

Regards

Mark
    Hey, I'm a live and let live kind of guy, I don't pass judgement on someone for using certain clubs. But Mark, jeez...I can barely see my computer screen now because it's covered in vomit.

Hi

Regards

Mark
    OMFG!!!!!!

Now I've composed myself and the nausea has subsided, I gotta admit I thought we had every gay POS equipment covered, especially after being reminded of the chipper a few days ago. But we were wrong. That thing is the hybrid version of the sand wedge, and even the *****s only go to 5 with the hybrid.

Like Lorenzo, the paranoia is definitely starting to kick in, as nobody could seriously have one of those in the bag. I think it's all part of a plan to get some flaming from the traditionalists (i.e real men) on this forum. Who are you really?

OMFG!!!!!!

Now I've composed myself and the nausea has subsided, I gotta admit I thought we had every gay POS equipment covered, especially after being reminded of the chipper a few days ago. But we were wrong. That thing is the hybrid version of the sand wedge, and even the *****s only go to 5 with the hybrid.

Like Lorenzo, the paranoia is definitely starting to kick in, as nobody could seriously have one of those in the bag. I think it's all part of a plan to get some flaming from the traditionalists (i.e real men) on this forum. Who are you really?
    Mr Not a Hacker

I assure you i do carry a Lovett Wedge

I am not a made up person, everything i have said about me and my game is totaly true

I accept i am not a REAL man, but then again who decides what constitutes a real man??

I will play with ANY club that makes the game easier

I poo poo traditionalism

I can take anything thats thrown at me about my Gay game because i am am English and therefore made of stern stuff

IRegards

Mark

Mr Not a Hacker

I assure you i do carry a Lovett Wedge

I am not a made up person, everything i have said about me and my game is totaly true

I accept i am not a REAL man, but then again who decides what constitutes a real man??

I will play with ANY club that makes the game easier

I poo poo traditionalism

I can take anything thats thrown at me about my Gay game because i am am English and therefore made of stern stuff

IRegards

Mark
    Good on you Mark and welcome to the board. That is one of the more unusual setups I have seen I have to say. Exactly how many clubs do you normally carry? And what loft is your Lovett wedge.

Kiwi

Is that wedge a legal piece of equipment? Vomiting aside, that thing looks like it has a concave face. I don't know much about golf history or equipment development history, but I do recall that early sand wedges had concave faces and in fact, players were double-hitting balls using those early clubs, and that's why they were abandonded.

Is this club similar to that?

By the way, I literally spit water through my nose laughing at this thread. This is f-u-n-n-y.
    Lefty:
    Driver - TM Burner 10.5
    3-Wood - TM r580
    Hybrid - Ping G10 21*
    4-PW - '06 Callaway Big Bertha (steel)
    60 - Cleveland CG11 2 dot
    Ping Tour W 56/10 and 52/12
    TM Rossa Monza Spider

Winn G8 grips

Go ahead and dog my setup while you shank your 3i and push putts with your anser.

Bridgestone Tour B330 RX - best ball ever
    Callaway Weekender bag
    Sky Caddie SG3
    Opus X

15.5 and falling

Quote Originally Posted by frankdmann
    I do recall that early sand wedges had concave faces and in fact, players were double-hitting balls using those early clubs, and that's why they were abandonded.
    tgey were deemed to be illegal by the USGA and thats why they were abandoned...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Good on you Mark and welcome to the board. That is one of the more unusual setups I have seen I have to say. Exactly how many clubs do you normally carry? And what loft is your Lovett wedge.

Kiwi
    Good afternoon Mr Kiwi

nice to communicate with someone who HAS'NT puked over their computer screen as a result of my wonderful Lovett Wedge

It is 59 degrees of pure, unadulterated golfing Nirvana.

Gets you up and down quicker than a 10 bob whore

I try not to carry more than 10 clubs if at all possible. Too much choice always ends up confusing me.

Remember Seve could go round in near scratch with a 3 iron only (in his heyday)

Yet to meet ANYONE at our levels of skill who cant shoot near or better than their handicap with 1/2 bag of clubs.

Kind regards

Mark

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Hi

Regards

Mark
    I emailed that link to Gene Sarazen (inventor of the sand wedge), he let me know that he officially rolled over in his grave.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Mr Not a Hacker

IRegards

Mark
    OK, it's hard to do this with search engines being what they are today, but this calls for a quiz to determine your authenticity.

1. What's more important, the queen or the Ryder Cup?

2. Who is more attractive, Monty or Mrs. Doubtfire?

3. What kind of car did Faldo's ex take a 7 iron to?

4. Who built Stonehenge?

5. How much smarter is the average Englishman than the average Frenchman?

6. Where are they keeping the food over there?

Take your time, all answers are final.

Judges -- pls. stand ready.

OK, it's hard to do this with search engines being what they are today, but this calls for a quiz to determine your authenticity.

1. What's more important, the queen or the Ryder Cup?

2. Who is more attractive, Monty or Mrs. Doubtfire?

3. What kind of car did Faldo's ex take a 7 iron to?

4. Who built Stonehenge?

5. How much smarter is the average Englishman than the average Frenchman?

6. Where are they keeping the food over there?

Take your time, all answers are final.

Judges -- pls. stand ready.
    Well, Mark, I'm sorry to say time has elapsed so, having failed to reply with answers, I have no choice but to give you a failing grade. We will have to continue to scrutinize your posts to see if you are who you say you are. The answers, by the way, are as follows:

1 - The Ryder Cup, of course, by a factor of 7.

2 - Mrs. Doubtfire

3 - Trick question. Faldo claimed it was either a PW or 9 not a 7. It was clearly not the right situation for a 7. The car was a rare Porsche.

4 - The Italians

5 - It was by a factor of 4 before the Spice Girls and the Beckhams came along. After their influence, it fell to a 3.

6 - Another trick question. There is nothing in the UK that can be described as food.

Yorkshire. Best course - Rolls of Monmouth
    Hi

Adams Insight 15* Driver
    Odyssey Tri Ball SRT

Kind regards

Mark
    Watcha Mark

I'm also relatively new to the site (and from the UK).

So the best advice I can give, is go out buy a set of Mizuno blades and see your handicap fall to double figures but feel like a real man!
    Or
    Just ignore all the bollocks that Omen2 and crew talk, and keep on winning your monthly medal!

But most of all have some fun and mention the Ryder cup as often as possible!

Taff
    In My Bag

Maxfli Forged A10 irons
    Cobra LD driver
    MACTEC NVG2 3 wood
    Cleveland Halo rescue
    Tad Moore Hotblade wedges
    Odyssey 2 ball
    And melted Snickers bar.

TAFF thats the kind of post that makes me think you are an alter ego of dorkman

if you get blades and your handi goes up you shouldnt be playing golf in the first place.

Mizuno is only for serious golfers...... hybrid toting, two ball mallet wielding ninnies need not apply.

Omen, and crew

Quote Originally Posted by Taff_o
    Watcha Mark

I'm also relatively new to the site (and from the UK).

So the best advice I can give, is go out buy a set of Mizuno blades and see your handicap fall to double figures but feel like a real man!
    Or
    Just ignore all the bollocks that Omen2 and crew talk, and keep on winning your monthly medal!

But most of all have some fun and mention the Ryder cup as often as possible!

Taff
    hello taff

I have played the rolls and you are right it is a great course, BUT not as good as Burnham and Berrow

Listen dont tell Omen and Not a Hacker etc but i have another set of clubs which i do use but i am trying to keep it quiet

I havent started with the Ryder Cup yet, but rest assured i will

Kind regards

Mark

Mizuno isn't helping you win the "Serious golfers" argument with these sets of clubs -

MX-19 "Extreme Pocket Cavity" with "Super forgiving, extra wide sole to increase ease of launch and deliver consistent ball striking ability from all types of lies."
    OR
    MX 25 "Maximum Forgiveness" with "Wider, deeper, and longer CNC milled pocket cavity design delivers a low, deep COG for high, easy launch with maximum forgiveness"?
    OR
    http://www.mizunousa.com/equipment.n...golf&cat=irons
    MX-950 Irons "Hybrid Design for Game Improvement Proformance" with "Exclusive Grain Flow Forged® 4135 high strength steel #5 through #7 Hollow Technology hybrid irons also feature internal high density tungsten weights that are located at the lowest and deepest area of the cavity to deliver solid, forgiving and consistent shots."?

They do have some nice players clubs but it seems like they don't agree with the "one size fits all" Omen2 blade theory.

Seeing enough of these replies, I can go ahead and tell you tha tthe response is going to be something similar to this...

"The MX series are all for hackers who still want to have some dignity by playing Mizuno's. The real men play anything under the MP designs."

Can't really argue, I love the MP 67's, 60's, and 57's. Didn't hit the 32 that well, and I don't remember if I've hit a 37 or not. If I were gonna buy a set to replace my Nike Blades, I'd go either 67 or 60's.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    TAFF thats the kind of post that makes me think you are an alter ego of dorkman

if you get blades and your handi goes up you shouldnt be playing golf in the first place.

Mizuno is only for serious golfers...... hybrid toting, two ball mallet wielding ninnies need not apply.

Omen, and crew
    Cheers Omen, as ever, for your words of wisdom.

I suppose if you are happy having your arse handed to you every time you step out on the course, because your blades make you secure with your sexuality, obviously it's the way to go.
    You go girl.
    In My Bag

Maxfli Forged A10 irons
    Cobra LD driver
    MACTEC NVG2 3 wood
    Cleveland Halo rescue
    Odyssey 2 ball
    And melted Snickers bar.

Cheers Omen, as ever, for your words of wisdom.

I suppose if you are happy having your arse handed to you every time you step out on the course, because your blades make you secure with your sexuality, obviously it's the way to go.
    You go girl.
    Now then, now then, now then, now.................

I CANNOT have the deity's word so disrespectfully questioned like this

With apologies to the bard

"For Omen 2 is an honourable man; So are they all, all honourable men and you all did love him once, and not without cause. Let us carve him as a dish fit for the gods, not hew him as a carcass fit for hounds. Why Omen 2 and not a Hacker doth bestride this narrow world like a colossus; and we petty men walk under their huge legs and peep about to find ourselves dishonourable graves. The fault dear Taff, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings"
    Here endeth the lesson

Mark

hello taff

I have played the rolls and you are right it is a great course, BUT not as good as Burnham and Berrow

Listen dont tell Omen and Not a Hacker etc but i have another set of clubs which i do use but i am trying to keep it quiet

I havent started with the Ryder Cup yet, but rest assured i will

Kind regards

Mark
    Is Burnham and Berrow your course? My father's friend is/was a member there, looks nice.
    I just perfer parkland course's, after a complete nightmare at Royal Porthcawl once, mind you Tiger also had a mare there too, carding a 9 on a par 4! so i'm in good company.
    In My Bag

Maxfli Forged A10 irons
    Cobra LD driver
    MACTEC NVG2 3 wood
    Cleveland Halo rescue
    Odyssey 2 ball
    And melted Snickers bar.

Is Burnham and Berrow your course? My father's friend is/was a member there, looks nice.
    I just perfer parkland course's, after a complete nightmare at Royal Porthcawl once, mind you Tiger also had a mare there too, carding a 9 on a par 4! so i'm in good company.
    Hi

Nah just love playing links.

My home course is parkland, i think they are dull, but hey i live in the midlands so what can you do

Regards

Mark

I just perfer parkland course's, after a complete nightmare at Royal Porthcawl once, mind you Tiger also had a mare there too, carding a 9 on a par 4!
    Only because of the Nike clubs. Have you tried hitting Nikes?

Only because of the Nike clubs. Have you tried hitting Nikes?
    This was when he was playing in the Walker cup so I think pre-Nike! He is human after all !!!!!
    In My Bag

Maxfli Forged A10 irons
    Cobra LD driver
    MACTEC NVG2 3 wood
    Cleveland Halo rescue
    Odyssey 2 ball
    And melted Snickers bar.

This was when he was playing in the Walker cup so I think pre-Nike! He is human after all !!!!!
    My God!! We need to know whether he did it with his Mizunos or his Pings.

My God!! We need to know whether he did it with his Mizunos or his Pings.
    Not sure it was 1995, and all it says is 'Royal Porthcawl' brought the Tiger to his knees'.

If you like links courses then they don't come much better and so accessible.
    In My Bag

Maxfli Forged A10 irons
    Cobra LD driver
    MACTEC NVG2 3 wood
    Cleveland Halo rescue
    Odyssey 2 ball
    And melted Snickers bar.

Thread Information