|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Laughing my *** off.

Sitting up here in Minnesota and bored to death, I started looking at golfing sites. After reading some of the threads here I had to join. Some of the funniest arguments and banter I have seen in a while. Just to put my 2 cents in on the type of clubs used. After having both shoulders operated on and just starting to play the game after a long layoff, I see nothing wrong in using whatever equipment that is legal to spend the day with my buds out at the course. Questioning a persons manliness by the type of club he uses is the same as asking what kind of vehicle he drives.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Sitting up here in Minnesota and bored to death, I started looking at golfing sites. After reading some of the threads here I had to join. Some of the funniest arguments and banter I have seen in a while. Just to put my 2 cents in on the type of clubs used. After having both shoulders operated on and just starting to play the game after a long layoff, I see nothing wrong in using whatever equipment that is legal to spend the day with my buds out at the course. Questioning a persons manliness by the type of club he uses is the same as asking what kind of vehicle he drives.
    What's in your bag?:
    All adams except an old wilson blade putter

Ladies & gentlemen let's all give a hearty GR welcome to Allen Doyle! Welcome to GR Allen!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

LMAO. Could be worse. Could have said gerald ford.

LMAO. Could be worse. Could have said gerald ford.
    Not to worry. On this board are a handful of very vocal, strident young men who were turned down by the radical Islamic movement because they were too stupid to assemble a bomb in their living room. They have subsequently attempted to hijack this board with endless fanatical comments about the need to play blades or nothing at all. They think they are clever, witty, and entertaining. Don't spoil the illusion for them by saying anything unflattering, or they get upset and raise their decibel level another order of magnitude. Reasoning with them or presenting logic is a complete waste of time. They all sing, in unison, the same tune.

Any viewpoint differing in the slightest manner from theirs instantly categorizes the one who disagreed as gay, feeble, trying to cheat, or other mindless accusations. Ignoring them is the best policy, whenever possible.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I hear ya dorkman. Seems to me I remember a quote, and I have to paraphrase here, that the greatest ideas have always had the most opposition by the ignorant.

Welcome to the board JT. Yes the last couple of weeks have been interesting times on this board. I'm glad you have had a good laugh out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Reasoning with them or presenting logic is a complete waste of time.
    LOL cause you've tried, right Dorkman?

On a more serious note. Having slow swing speed because of my shoulder operations would I be better off using a higher lofted driver with a regular shaft instead of a 10 degree with a stiff shaft? Can't make a full turn anymore.

Welcome to the most knowledgeable site on the entire world wide web! What kind of car do you drive?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

93 thunderbird

Do not understand why all the yuppies have to drivebig suv,s, four wheel drives and rigs like that since they never use the four wheel drive anyway. Must be some kind of penile substitue.

to anser your question it may be a good idea to invest in a higher lofted driver it may not it all depends on you #'s... secondly welcome to the board hope you stick around...

Seems like you should be driving something 4x4 up in Minnesota. Isn't the T-bird rear wheel drive? I don't know you yet, JT, but it seems you've made horrible decisions on both car and golf clubs. I think the only reasonable answer would be to ditch the T-bird and Adams shovels for Dodge Ram and some Mizunos. Anything MP series will suffice. I'm not sure the car dealerships are open tomorrow, but you should at least be able to get a proper set of golf clubs.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Do not understand why all the yuppies have to drivebig suv,s, four wheel drives and rigs like that since they never use the four wheel drive anyway. Must be some kind of penile substitue.
    That's because in crash testing, they found they beat the sh*t out of "93 thunderbirds. I don't drive an SUV, but I couldn't resist.

Welcome to the site jt. If you have shoulder problems up there in Minnesota, who's shoveling the snow? With the right SUV, you can slip it into 4X and not worry about it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I guess I like the t-bird for the same reason some of you like blades. Sure it is a lot harder to drive in the winter, but all I have driven since 73 has been rear wheel drives. If you know how to handle them in the snow and ice its not a big deal. Instead of going for all the new tech that suv's have I prefer the old stuff. But in golf, with my game and lack of time practicing because of construction work on the road, I try to utilize all the tools that I can to have an enjoyable afternoon out with my pals. Kind of like you guys with the blades and big rigs except my priorities are reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    LOL cause you've tried, right Dorkman?
    Bingo. It became imminently clear over time that they were talking just to hear themselves speaking, and didn't care what was coming out of their mouth/keyboard fingers. The more noise, the better. The more turmoil, success......
    In short, disruptive little trolls, and none to bright at that.

I've heard statistics that over 90% of all 4WD vehicles sold in the US never go off the road.

I have a Honda CR-V with the on-demand 4 wheel drive, but it stays in front wheel drive 99% of the time for economy. It instantaneously goes into on demand 4 wheel drive with computer controlling each wheel independently in the event of slippage. I never go 4 wheel driving, but it is a great little vehicle for driving in snow and ice when we go to Mammoth or Salt Lake City for ski trips. Dirt cheap to buy and operate, too. I could buy 2 of them for the price of a lot of SUV's.

My Ram is 2WD. I figured since we get those monster snow dustings 3 days out of the year I probably wouldn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    My Ram is 2WD. I figured since we get those monster snow dustings 3 days out of the year I probably wouldn't need it.
    Yeah. If you're not going to have to drive in severe conditions from time to time, 4WD is a monumental waste of money, IMHO.

On a more serious note. Having slow swing speed because of my shoulder operations would I be better off using a higher lofted driver with a regular shaft instead of a 10 degree with a stiff shaft? Can't make a full turn anymore.
    There are others far more qualified to answer this than me but I think you would benefit from a regular flex shaft rather than a stiff flex if you have a slow swing speed.

Your best bet would be to try and demo a higher lofted driver with a variety of different shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    There are others far more qualified to answer this than me but I think you would benefit from a regular flex shaft rather than a stiff flex if you have a slow swing speed.

Your best bet would be to try and demo a higher lofted driver with a variety of different shafts.
    But the advice to demo and try options that are best for him runs counter to the recently pervasive "one size fits all and if you don't like my choice for you, you're gay or a pu$$y" philosophy......

How is your present Driver treating you off the tee? If you're leaving it low and right or fading/slicing I'm reasonably sure a 10.5ish regular flex driver would be much better for you. Then again... go shopping, get on a launch monitor and they'll tell you exactly what you need where we can only guess.

Welcome to the fold.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by 19handicap
    If you're not going to use it (ie. offroading etc) then a truck is a waste of money and most importantly, GAS.
    Except when we haul furniture & sh.t when we moved, it came in quite handy.

1st Post:

I'm RICH and I Drive and Play whatever the H*LL I want!

Not to worry. On this board are a handful of very vocal, strident young men who were turned down by the radical Islamic movement because they were too stupid to assemble a bomb in their living room. They have subsequently attempted to hijack this board with endless fanatical comments about the need to play blades or nothing at all. They think they are clever, witty, and entertaining. Don't spoil the illusion for them by saying anything unflattering, or they get upset and raise their decibel level another order of magnitude. Reasoning with them or presenting logic is a complete waste of time. They all sing, in unison, the same tune.

Any viewpoint differing in the slightest manner from theirs instantly categorizes the one who disagreed as gay, feeble, trying to cheat, or other mindless accusations. Ignoring them is the best policy, whenever possible.
    You're not doing a very good job of ignoring us Dorkman, even though we repeatedly request that you would. Please try a bit harder.

P.S. Dorkman is gay, feeble and trying to cheat because of the clubs he plays.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Welcome to the board jt, I hope you stay long and don't pay too much attention to Dorkman.

As for your driver quandry, I recommend getting anything made by Adams in a regular shaft. Or better still, go and get a Callaway with a stock stiff shaft, which is about between a seniors and a ladies in any other companies flex ratings.

And cars are not as big a deal as clubs. I'd rather turn up in a skoda with a real mans set of clubs, than pull in in a ferrari and pull out a set of Ping, Adams, or Callaway cast POS CB shovels and gay hybrids.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    You're not doing a very good job of ignoring us Dorkman, even though we repeatedly request that you would. Please try a bit harder.

P.S. Dorkman is gay, feeble and trying to cheat because of the clubs he plays.
    I'm giving advice to someone else. Who says I have to follow my own advice? Does that make me a HYPOCRITE?

And cars are not as big a deal as clubs. I'd rather turn up in a skoda with a real mans set of clubs, than pull in in a ferrari and pull out a set of Ping, Adams, or Callaway cast POS CB shovels and gay hybrids.
    I have to disagree with you on this. I hope I'm never forced to make such a choice, but I'd rather play Playtex tampon clubs than give up a Ferrari.

I was just trying to make a point. If I ever had the chance to drive a ferrari, I think I would be terminally depressed afterwards knowing I would never scale the summit of driving exhilaration again (on my salary).

I was just trying to make a point. If I ever had the chance to drive a ferrari, I think I would be terminally depressed afterwards knowing I would never scale the summit of driving exhilaration again (on my salary).
    My brother-in-law did a car "fantasy camp" day recently. There is a company that buys super exotic sports cars, and people sign up to drive several of them for an hour or so apiece over the course of a day. There are Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc. I think it costs about $1200-1500 or so. Expensive to be sure, but probably the only way I'd ever get behind the wheel of one of those pieces of machinery.

daveperk Guest
    JT, welcome to the forum... I blew coke out of my nose the first time I read a long thread full of flame jobs... this place is great...

and no, not the white powdery kind.... the dark liquid kind... :-)

How the hell does a guy get unlucky enough to have both shoulders operated on....?

and yes, if you go to a very gay whippy regular shaft and a 10.5 or 11 deg loft, you'll get back some or all of what you've lost.. except your manhood, heh heh haa ahahahaha heHEE hee hee.. :-)

I know a guy who actually gained distance after shoulder surgery. His swing just got really flat because he had to swing with his elbows at his sides. He actually started releasing the club better and hitting more draws.

jt- welcome to the forum.

My brother-in-law did a car "fantasy camp" day recently. There is a company that buys super exotic sports cars, and people sign up to drive several of them for an hour or so apiece over the course of a day. There are Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc. I think it costs about $1200-1500 or so. Expensive to be sure, but probably the only way I'd ever get behind the wheel of one of those pieces of machinery.
    Another way to approach this is to bs your way onto the test track in Modena, Italy. If they think you've purchased a Ferrari or Maserati, this can be done at a reasonable cost. Of course you need to get to Modena. They are some amazing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Another way to approach this is to bs your way onto the test track in Modena, Italy. If they think you've purchased a Ferrari or Maserati, this can be done at a reasonable cost. Of course you need to get to Modena. They are some amazing machines.
    I'd certainly have the gift of gab in Italian.......Somehow, I think I would waste my airfare PLUS be the laughingstock of the Ferrari people. "Hey, remember that stupid American who tried to bluff his way into driving one of our cars?!", followed by knee slapping and guffaws..........
    Last edited by dorkman53; 01-21-2008 at 04:26 PM.

I'd certainly have the gift of gab in Italian.......Somehow, I think I would waste my airfare PLUS be the laughingstock of the Ferrari people. "Hey, remember that stupid American who tried to bluff his way into driving one of our cars?!", followd by knee slapping and guffaws..........
    LOL. No, actually, they understand English, and are grateful you've traveled to see them. Italy is one of the very few places in the world where they actually like Americans (not just their money). They would be looking for an excuse to let you on the track. Unless you look like you'd strip a clutch, although not to worry these days with F1 paddles.

It was harder for me as an Italian, except I was actually my friend from Orange County who has a Maserati. The whole time they looked at me like they knew exactly what I was up to, but respected my love of the cars and willingness to look the the a**hole you described.

There are guys on the wait list for Ferraris that are ignored and treated poorly, until they show up at the factory. Then they bend over backwards for them. Of course, they still won't sell them a car if it's not their turn on the list.

since you have had shoulder surgery you should get the same set up i have.. i modeled my current bag after the equally pathetic dorkman... got me a great deal on my complete hybrid set by adams.... all i needed was to give up my spine and testicles... best trade i ever made...

hell now i even enjoy shoe shopping...

welcome to GR... I hope you are thick skinned because some of the real men on this board are going to give you a hard time...

do i like i do and swear allegiance to dork*****dom and tell them they are lacking myelination in the cereberal cortex.

it will shut them right up...

Omen, HACKERS UNITE...
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Omen, I'm really liking your new bag setup. If I could make a couple recommendations. Reshaft that Doc 29 putter with a belly shaft and get yourself a nice cart bag.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    hell now i even enjoy shoe shopping...

If you enjoy shoe shopping in this country, now I worry for you. Why you think bj steal my shoes? This grape harvest, I take you to Firenza for real shoes, then Modena to cheat death on the track. Then we scour the country for hot, easy women. I translate, you score - very easy. Your testosterone will surge out of control. Buy euros now as dollar still sinking like a stone.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    If you enjoy shoe shopping in this country, now I worry for you. Why you think bj steal my shoes? This grape harvest, I take you to Firenza for real shoes, then Modena to cheat death on the track. Then we scour the country for hot, easy women. I translate, you score - very easy. Your testosterone will surge out of control. Buy euros now as dollar still sinking like a stone.
    Sounds a lot more fun than the times I've been to Italia.
    What's up with Naples? I heard their mob-controlled garbagemen are on strike and the trash is piling up out of control.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Sounds a lot more fun than the times I've been to Italia.
    What's up with Naples? I heard their mob-controlled garbagemen are on strike and the trash is piling up out of control.
    Naples is not a great place. There is no reason to go. Someday Vesuvius will destroy it anyways. If you make a wrong turn on your way to the Amalfi coast or Pompeii, you may end up in Naples. That is the only justification for ever being there. I don't think the mafia (camorra there) is involved in the garbage crisis. It costs them money when they can't incinerate toxic waste, which is why they have the garbage contracts there. Legend has it the Camorra burn all of Italy's toxic waste in and around Naples and it is apparently lucrative.
    Last edited by lorenzoinoc; 01-22-2008 at 01:43 PM.

my new bag is the bomb... i have been tinkering with reshafting the doc to about 68-72" ( want to maintain my spine angle through the hitting zone) : also i have been in touch with TM's custom department, at the behest of dorkman, and i'm trying to see if they can put in 18 weight ports.... that way i can adjust the weight depending on the putt... i.e. downhill left to right i can put all the weight towards the deadcenter and a little to the toe ( since i need hybrids i cant hit a dime sized spot on any club especially the putter ) the offcenter stroke should slow it down and the weight on the heel should keep the clubface from closing thereby imparting slice action: now i get a dead putt with cut spin.... how easy is that... learning how to putt is for nostaglic egotistical unmyelinated suckers who just feel that learning how to do somehting the right way is logical... in the face of such legends as bernhard langer and sergio garcia performances... i mean if those two chokers need help who am i to say that i dont.

blades are so champion and hybrid CPOS SGI CB'S are for the 8th place finishers... and hey 8's not so bad. I would rather fashion my game and my mentality about a game after less than perfect... no sense in striving to improve, but striving to do it easier not correctly, that's the only logical approach to anything..

call me i can hook you up with some sick two way chippers... dork says they are much easier to play than the standard 9-8 hybrid bump and run... and if they are easier to bump and run than that, it must be cheating....oopps... i said it again...

Omen

I've been to Naples and wasn't very impressed. The word "dirty" best describes the place.

Omen, your bag is really shaping up! I can't believe you haven't slipped in a LaJolla Knife 9 wood to replace one of those hard to hit hybrids.

And seriously, where the hell is cbadics? And where is tmacg?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

i have the lajolla knife 9 wood. ahhh what the hell im cheating anyway so what if i break the 14 club rule... my callaway staff bag has plenty of room anyway... although it's getting a little heavy with the 4 changes of clothes and all of my golf club torque wrenches, and my rangefinders... and the 6 dozen golf balls i require for any given round...

Omen... keeping lajolla in business.

Hi guys. Just got home from working on the road and thanks for the advice. Got to say, just about spit my beer out reading all the replies. Still LMAO. If I didn't have enough to think about with the golf game, check this out. The exes boyfriend died in an accident, so now the exwife and my three kids all moved back in with me. Jeez, can't wait till the course opens so I can get away from the house. Only temporary tho, god I hope. Say Omen, where can I get a putter like that. Don't know if I need 18 weights but maybe an even dozen would do. Less time setting up for the putt don't you know. As for the shoulders, just wore out. Too much work and not enough golf I guess. When I have time, will go to a store with a launch monitor and try a few clubs. Still have a couple of months till anything happens around here. Hell, couple of days ago was 26 below when I got up for work. Think I would take the ferrari and the hybrids. Some 21 year old hard belly wouldn't know the difference in clubs, but she would notice the car.

well it can be kind of difficult to manage the time on the green with reading the putt and then setting the weights and the cleaning of the ball with my special ballzy ball cleaner, but hey since the standard round should last 6.5 hours i have just enough time to get it all done.

that's some crazy stuff with the ex and everything, hope you are able to get through it all with the least amount of stress possible...

you see the thing is the ferrarri only has room for a set of irons so if you have the hybrids you cant take the ferrarri you would have to take the soccor mom dodge caravan... which is what i do.

I once played a round at a good course with a guy who had a startup golf company. He had some prototype putters, but also kept using a device which amounted to a carpenter's level to measure the slope of the green at various points along his intended putt. It struck me as a real waste of time vs. simply looking at the green from multiple viewpoints. I have no idea whether something like that would be "legal" or not, but I wasn't impressed with its usefulness, and certainly wasn't interesting in buying one. He certainly took a long time on each green with that gadget, though.

I once played a round at a good course with a guy who had a startup golf company. He had some prototype putters, but also kept using a device which amounted to a carpenter's level to measure the slope of the green at various points along his intended putt. It struck me as a real waste of time vs. simply looking at the green from multiple viewpoints. I have no idea whether something like that would be "legal" or not, but I wasn't impressed with its usefulness, and certainly wasn't interesting in buying one. He certainly took a long time on each green with that gadget, though.
    I would beat the crap out of someone that did that. He probably watches Happy Gilmore 3 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    you see the thing is the ferrarri only has room for a set of irons so if you have the hybrids you cant take the ferrarri you would have to take the soccor mom dodge caravan... which is what i do.
    Take the Ferrari, tie the hybrids to the tailpipe with a rope and drag them behind you. If you're too much like Edgey, have your wife follow you there in the mini-van.

You know, as the Italian guy, I'm not used to being the one to figure these things out.

The exes boyfriend died in an accident, so now the exwife and my three kids all moved back in with me.

Think I would take the ferrari and the hybrids. Some 21 year old hard belly wouldn't know the difference in clubs, but she would notice the car.
    Hopefully you were careful and they won't be able to trace it back to you. You couldn't have gotten them both at the same time? But the kids are back so not all bad.

Good choice on the car. Yes she would.

I agree with your car choice. Never been stuck once in a Civic. Been stuck NUMEROUS times in 4wd's I've driven. Why? Because when you have a 4wd you think you're invincible...until the mud or snow engulfs your whole car. In a Civic...you'd never attempt it so you never get stuck. Plus, I don't pay $70 dollars to fill up every 2 weeks. That saves money for new golf clubs.

Thread Information