|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Costco and Callaway

Costco has some really good deals on golf equipment. The other day I bought their Kirkland brand golf glove 3 pack for $13.99. Great glove that fits perfectly.

Then, I bought a pair of Callaway golf shoes for $49.99. These shoes are great looking and very comfortable. I give them the highest FD rating.

Next, the are selling Callaway HX Hot Pro balls for $14.99 a dozen and Tour i(s) balls for $27.99. They've also got a Callaway cart bag for $89.

I really like the Callaway golf shoes and I'm going to go back and buy the all black pair as well. Shoes like this would normally go for over $100 at most golf stores. I'm not sure what model as it may be one designed specifically for Costco.

Oh and I bought two pairs of Greg Norman golf shorts for $19.99 each.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Costco has some really good deals on golf equipment. The other day I bought their Kirkland brand golf glove 3 pack for $13.99. Great glove that fits perfectly.

Then, I bought a pair of Callaway golf shoes for $49.99. These shoes are great looking and very comfortable. I give them the highest FD rating.

Next, the are selling Callaway HX Hot Pro balls for $14.99 a dozen and Tour i(s) balls for $27.99. They've also got a Callaway cart bag for $89.

I really like the Callaway golf shoes and I'm going to go back and buy the all black pair as well. Shoes like this would normally go for over $100 at most golf stores. I'm not sure what model as it may be one designed specifically for Costco.

Costco in Wilmington DE has Kirkland brand gloves, but it does not carry golf shoes... as far as golf shoes go, I think Adidas powerband 4.0 is the most comfortable golf shoes that I have, last season Golf G had them on sales for $59... can't beat that

I hear about them all of the time, but they have no stores around these environs. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I hear about them all of the time, but they have no stores around these environs. I don't know why.
    It's my favorite place to shop. Nothing like buying a Greg Norman golf shirt, a dozen apples, yardwork gloves and then a hot dog and coke all at the same place. Oh, and don't forget the samples.

It's my favorite place to shop. Nothing like buying a Greg Norman golf shirt, a dozen apples, yardwork gloves and then a hot dog and coke all at the same place. Oh, and don't forget the samples.
    Do those shirts make you choke on the back 9 after burning up the front 9?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Best place to buy electronics because its warranty is very very good, the issue is that it does not carry state-of-the art stuff , most of them are about 6 months behind , but that's OK with me... I don't buy clothing there, look too cheap to me, especially in Wilmington DE... Costco in CA may be different

The only thing I see listed worthy of my dollar is the Tour i(s) balls.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Someone set me straight if I'm off base, but it is my impression that Costco is where cheap people go when they are embarrassed to go to Walmart. Of course, someone in my socioeconomic strata goes to neither of those places. At least I'm fairly certain my servants don't go there.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    Someone set me straight if I'm off base, but it is my impression that Costco is where cheap people go when they are embarrassed to go to Walmart. Of course, someone in my socioeconomic strata goes to neither of those places. At least I'm fairly certain my servants don't go there.
    You're correct to a degree, but there are key differences. Walmart is where Mexicans go to shop because those stores are loaded with cleaning supplies, tortilla chips and hoses They can also get old white people to wait on them for a change.

Costco requires membership and so is very similar to your country club. You know, social climbers trying to accumulate trappings of wealth despite not being able to afford them. Costco stocks at times very high end designer clothing, lobster meat and Michelin tires along with a full complement of cheap crap because, as we know, the pseudo rich are fighting to keep their financial heads above water.

I do like shopping at Costco because you can tell from the sheer volume of Asian shoppers you're getting a good deal.
    GR lives...

Lo, I was thinking exactly the same thing. FD forgot to mention the lobster meat and tires to accompany his new purchases.

Even the pizza sux!
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    You're correct to a degree, but there are key differences. Walmart is where Mexicans go to shop because those stores are loaded with cleaning supplies, tortilla chips and hoses They can also get old white people to wait on them for a change.

Costco requires membership and so is very similar to your country club. You know, social climbers trying to accumulate trappings of wealth despite not being able to afford them. Costco stocks at times very high end designer clothing, lobster meat and Michelin tires along with a full complement of cheap crap because, as we know, the pseudo rich are fighting to keep their financial heads above water.

I do like shopping at Costco because you can tell from the sheer volume of Asian shoppers you're getting a good deal.
    Interesting place. So essentially, Costco may or may not have quality merchandise, but regardless it will be a good deal. Sounds like just the kind of place women would go to in order to kill an afternoon.
    You know what place is also always full of women? Panera. I think the kinds of places like Costco and Panera work so well with women, because they are essentially upscale versions of cheap stores. B!tches love that sort of thing.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Interesting place. So essentially, Costco may or may not have quality merchandise, but regardless it will be a good deal. Sounds like just the kind of place women would go to in order to kill an afternoon.
    You know what place is also always full of women? Panera. I think the kinds of places like Costco and Panera work so well with women, because they are essentially upscale versions of cheap stores. B!tches love that sort of thing.
    No, Costco is not known for cheap merchandise like a Walmart or Target. Quite the opposite actually. For example, I bought a Greg Norman golf shirt for $19.99 and the quality is outstanding. Thick material, double stitching, and it fits great. Same thing with the Greg Norman golf shorts for $19.99. The buyers put together special deals with manufacturers just for Costco. The clothing is not last year's stuff, like some people think.

They have their own line of clothing and other stuff named "Kirkland" and it's outstanding as well. They have dress shirts for $17.99 and they are thicker, sturdier, better looking and last longer than the knids of shirts you'd get at Kohls, Macy's, etc.

The thing about Costco is that the selection of clothing and other stuff is limited to what the majority of people like. So selection is limited. They also have a membership fee of $59 (or something like that) annually so that weeds out most minoriites and low income people who don't understand the concept of pay now, save later.

The Callaway shoes I bought were $49.99 and they are a $125 to $150 quality shoe.

Finally, Costco is not targeted at women at all. You see just as many dudes in there. They've got all kinds of tools, outdoors stuff, etc.

Panera must give women some form of subconscious orgasm. Maybe it's something they put in the bread, beyond mere carbs, that creates female addiction. This is now getting dangerously close to an attempt to explain female behaviour, as though it's based on more cognitive involvement than salmon swimming upstream or flies buzzing around.

Costco offers women the promise they won't be needing to go grocery shopping for awhile. They can also get the world's best deal on 500 maxipads as they talk on their cellphones to friends who are waiting in line at Panera. Then of course, Wednesday is girls' night out, woohoo.
    GR lives...

Panera must give women some form of subconscious orgasm. Maybe it's something they put in the bread, beyond mere carbs, that creates female addiction. This is now getting dangerously close to an attempt to explain female behaviour, as though it's based on more cognitive involvement than salmon swimming upstream or flies buzzing around.

Costco offers women the promise they won't be needing to go grocery shopping for awhile. They can also get the world's best deal on 500 maxipads as they talk on their cellphones to friends who are waiting in line at Panera. Then of course, Wednesday is girls' night out, woohoo.
    I'm definitely not a fan of Panera or that concept of casual dining in general. First of all, Panera is overpriced for what you get. You're lucky if you walk out of there without having spent $12. One time I had some kind of spinach, egg, cheese on some kind of baguette and I almost gagged on the first bite. I threw the rest in the trash and went over ot Noah's Bagels. Now were talkin'.

Since I got home from Sh!thole, KY, I've been doing the majority of the grocery shopping. You know what other place caters to women? Grocery stores. I'm also assuming that vacuum cleaner stores do too.
    But the grocery store that really caters to women is Whole Foods. I feel like an intruder when I go there, almost like everyone in the store tenses up because a dude has broken into their sanctuary. Same thing at Panera and probably Costco too.
    I've been grocery shopping at this little market down the road. It's about 1/10th the size of a regular store, but the butcher shop is legit and the produce seems fresher.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I'm definitely not a fan of Panera or that concept of casual dining in general. First of all, Panera is overpriced for what you get. You're lucky if you walk out of there without having spent $12. One time I had some kind of spinach, egg, cheese on some kind of baguette and I almost gagged on the first bite. I threw the rest in the trash and went over ot Noah's Bagels. Now were talkin'.
    Maybe it's an attempt to capitalize on the model with which Starbuck's has had so much success. But I'll occasionally wait in line at Starbucks as who knows, you might get lucky, whereas Panera seems to have long lines of women pushing strollers. As someone who hates lines anyways I'm not doing that.

I did submit once when of course I was dragged there by a chick but it was late at night so the line was a bit smaller than usual. The food was average at best but the worst part was there was a perfectly good Chipotle next door. What a waste.
    GR lives...

Maybe it's an attempt to capitalize on the model with which Starbuck's has had so much success. But I'll occasionally wait in line at Starbucks as who knows, you might get lucky, whereas Panera seems to have long lines of women pushing strollers. As someone who hates lines anyways I'm not doing that.

I did submit once when of course I was dragged there by a chick but it was late at night so the line was a bit smaller than usual. The food was average at best but the worst part was there was a perfectly good Chipotle next door. What a waste.
    I think I would just tell the woman that I'm going to Chipotle while she orders her Panera and we can meet outside and eat. I'm not passing up a burrito bowl so she can get some gay sandwich with cold soup.

Since I got home from Sh!thole, KY, I've been doing the majority of the grocery shopping. You know what other place caters to women? Grocery stores. I'm also assuming that vacuum cleaner stores do too.
    But the grocery store that really caters to women is Whole Foods. I feel like an intruder when I go there, almost like everyone in the store tenses up because a dude has broken into their sanctuary. Same thing at Panera and probably Costco too.
    I've been grocery shopping at this little market down the road. It's about 1/10th the size of a regular store, but the butcher shop is legit and the produce seems fresher.
    Grocery stores seem like a dying form of retail done in by expensive union labor contracts and prime retail space. It's the last place I shop for groceries. There used to be hot women grocery shopping but not too much anymore. Whole Foods is interesting, not as female dominated here as much as it's overrun with the granola flake crowd.

A new chain that's found a niche is Sprouts. Good produce and alot of Whole Foods type stuff without the price tag. But my favorite places are the Asian markets. You can find the best pricing and selection on groceries and then of course plenty of Asian chicks.
    GR lives...

They also have a membership fee of $59 (or something like that) annually so that weeds out most minoriites and low income people who don't understand the concept of pay now, save later.

if you bought lots of stuff at Costco then move up to "Executive Member". We pay $100 membership for my wife and I but we got back approx $75 EVERY yr, so our membership is approx $25/yr

Quote Originally Posted by jmtbkr View Post
    Lo, I was thinking exactly the same thing. FD forgot to mention the lobster meat and tires to accompany his new purchases.

Even the pizza sux!
    Unfortunately it's the best pizza we can get out here for the most part. The east coast is loaded with mom and pop restaurants. Here we get Herman Cain pizza.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    if you bought lots of stuff at Costco then move up to "Executive Member". We pay $100 membership for my wife and I but we got back approx $75 EVERY yr, so our membership is approx $25/yr
    Already did that yo'. I got back something like $175 from my Costco executive memebership and then I got back $475 with the Costco American Express Card. I don't leave home without it.

Unfortunately it's the best pizza we can get out here for the most part. The east coast is loaded with mom and pop restaurants. Here we get Herman Cain pizza.
    I've grown so tired of crappy pizzas at restaurants and the chain stores that I now buy plain cheese frozen ones at the supermarket and put all the extras on them that we like. Although we did get a room service "white pizza" in Vegas last fall that we really liked. So the old lady made it a point to keep a stock of pine nuts in the reefer.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

I promise to post a picture of real Brooklyn pizza next time I'm there, just to let youse in on what your missing out there.
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

I promise to post a picture of real Brooklyn pizza next time I'm there, just to let youse in on what your missing out there.
    Best pizza I've eaten is at Lou Malnati's in Naperville, IL. It's an old firehouse that they converted into a pizza joint and it's the best tasting pizza I've ever had by far. Of the commercial places, Round Table is decent.

Chicago Fire in Sacramento is really good.

That'd be appreciated. But not the thick crusted doughy stuff, the crust should be in balance with the sauce, cheese and toppings. Italy's pizza is good, just had some while there. It's the one thing better over here in the northeast than in Italia. It may be because pizza is from here, not Italy. I think the Jews invented it.

I stumbled on an italian restaurant in of all places Riverside, CA that was on par. But I'm not going to frigging Riverside for pizza.
    GR lives...

That'd be appreciated. But not the thick crusted doughy stuff, the crust should be in balance with the sauce, cheese and toppings. Italy's pizza is good, just had some while there. It's the one thing better over here in the northeast than in Italia. It may be because pizza is from here, not Italy. I think the Jews invented it.

I stumbled on an italian restaurant in of all places Riverside, CA that was on par. But I'm not going to frigging Riverside for pizza.
    My maternal side nonna made the best pizza I ever had. There's no doubt that she learned to make it over on this side. Probably never heard of it when she was a liitle girl in Sicily.
    There's nothing more American than apple pie, and she also made the best apple pie I've ever had. Living in the middle of a major city, we had three different breeds of apple trees in our yard (she knew just the right combination), among the grape vines, of course, and a they made a pretty view from the fire escape outside my room. An urban stoop on the street side of the house, good enough for a doo wop group in a fifties movie. Fruit trees and vines in the back. And you wonder why I loved Boston.

I'm sixty-five myself, so I haven't had either the pizza or the apple pie for a while.
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 04-17-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Enjoy pizza in USA, much better than those in Italy (Yes I've been there at least 5 times). We have a very good pizza place in Newark DE, called "Peace pizza'... very very good. Pizza in Italy - at least 15 yrs ago - came with very thin crust, NO meat, just cheese, tomato paste and veggies on top.... On the other hand, dinner in Italy was excellent, you can't go wrong with any local restaurants... "Mama's D" restaurant at the corner of Manhattan beach and Manhattan Blvd in S.CA would come close to Italian cooking in Italy

I think you're right. Any time you can make something for a dollar's worth of raw material, heat it up and 10 minutes later sell it for $15 after putting it into a 3.5 cent cardboard box, ain't no Christian nor Hindu nor Buddhist nor Moslem that thought dat up.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    pine nuts in the reefer.
    you mix pine nuts with your reefer? How well do they burn? or do they fall out and you get seed holes in your shirts?

you mix pine nuts with your reefer? How well do they burn? or do they fall out and you get seed holes in your shirts?
    Sorry for the confusion. "Reefer" is military slang for the ice box.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    My maternal side nonna made the best pizza I ever had. There's no doubt that she learned to make it over on this side. Probably never heard of it when she was a liitle girl in Sicily.
    There's nothing more American than apple pie, and she also made the best apple pie I've ever had. Living in the middle of a major city, we had three different breeds of apple trees in our yard (she knew just the right combination), among the grape vines, of course, and a they made a pretty view from the fire escape outside my room. An urban stoop on the street side of the house, good enough for a doo wop group in a fifties movie. Fruit trees and vines in the back. And you wonder why I loved Boston.

I'm sixty-five myself, so I haven't had either the pizza or the apple pie for a while.
    I can visualize your grandmother coaxing produce out of a tiny patch of earth. My grand mamas did the same kind of stuff and they wore giant aprons and used them. I tried to never enter their presence full because as a mere human I lacked the strength to refuse food from them. They'd stare at me when I'd eat and before I finished try and load the plate up again. I don't ever remember even once their not telling me I looked skinny.

But I'm not complaining, when I was really hungry for something amazing, I knew where to go. And I took it all for granted. Sure would love to walk into their kitchens just once more.
    GR lives...

For all the things that we say that are difficult for one another other to understand, Lorenzo, this grandmother talk is very clearly not one of them.

My own head could sport a thought baloon atop it with the identical words that you used.

Thread Information