|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Tiger walk off

Quote Originally Posted by qtong
    So... yea... Tiger walk off after 9. Beat me by 3 holes and a millions strokes.
    You could end up being the big winner in this. He's WD two years in a row.
    GR lives...

Tiger walk off

Golf

So after he walked off did 3 old women play through his partners due the intolerably slow pace of play?
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    So after he walked off did 3 old women play through his partners due the intolerably slow pace of play?
    Not quite but Tiger and Stevie hopped into his custom Eurocopter (f.k.a. Aerospatiale) right afterwards and headed north to Lake Nona where the President of the United States is waiting for him to play a Skins Game along with two U.S. NBA former Basketball Players. Tiger and the Basketball Players are in the game for $5,000 per skin. Obama gets two strokes on every hole but does not put any cash at risk. He does, however, have a bunch of 8 x 10 colour glossies of the dirt-napped Usama bin Laden as cash-equivalents.

Well Sergio Garcia and Davis Love will be coming through, so that's at least two women.
    GR lives...

I will wait to hear Tiger's side of the story before passing judgement. Maybe his playing partners wore embarassing clothing and played too slow. Maybe he had a pressing skins game going on somewhere else on the course.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I will wait to hear Tiger's side of the story before passing judgement. Maybe his playing partners wore embarassing clothing and played too slow. Maybe he had a pressing skins game going on somewhere else on the course.
    Re-injured it on the first tee shot. Thought he could play through it, but just kept making it worse.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=70962

MCL sprains, depending on severity, take anywhere from 3 weeks to 6-8 weeks. He probably should have never started until it was fully better, but good luck telling that to an athlete.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    but good luck telling that to an athlete.
    This part doesn't make sense. Golfers aren't athletes.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

This part doesn't make sense. Golfers aren't athletes.
    I don't know if Eldrick ever figured this one out. They're saying he was warned by his doctor to keep his weight to 185 and limit working out. Brandel Chamblee reported he disregarded that and bulked up to 195.

Then there's the long term effect of PED-s. It's very simple. As some of us have been saying for a long time, he's done.
    GR lives...

He flew out to Las Vegas for an appointment with a hooker...

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    He flew out to Las Vegas for an appointment with a hooker...
    Better than going back to Orlando to visit the X and kids. That woman's a slicer (and dicer).

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Better than going back to Orlando to visit the X and kids. That woman's a slicer (and dicer).
    I wish she was a hooker :/
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    I wish she was a hooker :/
    Just roll her over.

It was a foursome of old ladies that passed them three, by the way... on their way to a 4 hour 9 hole match.

They looked like this:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 05-12-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie

I'm supposed to be the Photoshop expert on this forum.. feckin' basterds. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    I'm supposed to be the Photoshop expert on this forum.. feckin' basterds. :-)

My GOD! Could they pull this guys pants any higher? This could be a form of abuse! What an evil b!tch.....

Oh, you are a retard qtard.

Go up and give an apology to us.

Dildo,

spank

Quote Originally Posted by Tee'd Off
    My GOD! Could they pull this guys pants any higher? This could be a form of abuse! What an evil b!tch.....
    I wish these pants would come into style for real. Think about it -- whenever you eat a big meal, pants that settle at the waist or hips start to feel a bit uncomfortable. If you are wearing pants like the old man in the picture, then all you have to do is cinch them up just under the nipple line and let everything hang. The inseams are made way longer so you could let both a full belly and a long dick swing freely. I love the concept myself.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Oh, you are a retard qtard.

Go up and give an apology to us.

Dildo,

spank
    Nope. If you think I owe you an apology, then you don't need to ask for one (except the people I've already apologized to.)
    Golf

It was a foursome of old ladies that passed them three, by the way... on their way to a 4 hour 9 hole match.

They looked like this:

I am sitting at my desk laughing my arse off! Spanq that is classic man!

It is clearly Simon Cowell's granddad

Nope. If you think I owe you an apology, then you don't need to ask for one (except the people I've already apologized to.)
    I find your comment disrespectful, and unbecoming of a gentleman.

You owe this forum an apology.

Don't make me own you.

You apologize, and I will let you stay.

In my honest opinion, getting passed by 4 old ladies is worse than your walk off...

But don't let your chink b!tch ass come at me like dat bra.

Apologize to the forum, and I will let you stay... I am probably gonna give you a 30 day ban anyways...

You didn't know I was a moderator did you?

What, do you think everyone kisses my ass for nothing here?

Think about it, before you post again.

Moderator,

spank
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 05-13-2011 at 12:57 AM.

They looked like this:

Hey FD. It looks like the woman in the second picture is holding up a be-cu ping eye 2 iron.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

You owe me an apology.

Don't make me own you.
    Agent Spanq is this not silly O'clock in the morning for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy
    Agent Spanq is this not silly O'clock in the morning for you?
    Yeah it is.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Hey FD. It looks like the woman in the second picture is holding up a be-cu ping eye 2 iron.
    Well spotted OP and it looks like she has been doing some serious sod laying with it which is exactly what it was designed for.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yeah it is.
    Those pictures are the making of GR legend.

I salute you Spank

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Well spotted OP and it looks like she has been doing some serious sod laying with it which is exactly what it was designed for.
    Well spotted yourself.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Damn! You guys are worse than those old ladies in the pics.............like bunch of old farts...happy heart attack folks.

Damn! You guys are worse than those old ladies in the pics.............like bunch of old farts...happy heart attack folks.
    Congratulations. you got thriugh a whole post without using the word Ping.
    Personally i like this post. The grumpy prick is a lot easier to tolerate than the ping fanboy.

BTW. I am actually fond of some ping clubs myself. I have 3 sets of ping eye 2's including a set of plus be-cus which i really enjoy playing from time to time. i also am currently gaming a G15 driver.

I bet there are a lot of haters out there who are revelling in Tiger's misery. It's ironic that the only reason all these turds get so many opportunitys to deathride Tiger and hope he fails is because Tiger has been so good for the game that TV coverage has increased and you can watch him so often. You wouldn't have had as much golf on TV pre Tiger as you do now. Tiger also brought the game of golf into the mainstream, which meant more companys trying to cash in on the craze, which resulted in more competition and cheaper prices. Drivers now are cheaper than they were 10 years ago. This all comes down to the Tiger effect.

Al you losers who hate Tiger should stop trying to bite the hand that feeds you and get on board the Tiger train. We need him back on top before it's too late.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    I bet there are a lot of haters out there who are revelling in Tiger's misery. It's ironic that the only reason all these turds get so many opportunitys to deathride Tiger and hope he fails is because Tiger has been so good for the game that TV coverage has increased and you can watch him so often. You wouldn't have had as much golf on TV pre Tiger as you do now. Tiger also brought the game of golf into the mainstream, which meant more companys trying to cash in on the craze, which resulted in more competition and cheaper prices. Drivers now are cheaper than they were 10 years ago. This all comes down to the Tiger effect.

Al you losers who hate Tiger should stop trying to bite the hand that feeds you and get on board the Tiger train. We need him back on top before it's too late.
    In U.S. Major League baseball, when a star player suffers an injury that prevents him from performing, he is put on the disabled list and when he gets well enough to rehab, he is sent down to a minor league team to work the kinks out. When he is deemed ready for the Big Show, he comes back up to the Majors. Tiger obviously came back too early and needs time off. When he's healed enough to play, he should play a couple of Nationwide Tour events. That tour could use the boost he would give them. When he's competitive down there, its time to come back to the PGA. Not before.

He can't stay on top forever. I'd rather watch less coverage then watching 3 hour of tiger each broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    He can't stay on top forever. I'd rather watch less coverage then watching 3 hour of tiger each broadcast.
    So how about paying $500 plus for a new driver in the pre Tiger days? Or $1400 for a set of irons? The price reduction can be pinpointed to the interest Tiger generated in golf. Before him golf was a game for middle aged stuffy shirted snobs at expensive country clubs (Caddy Shack is a perfect example), so the demand wasn't sufficient to interest new players in the market, so the few OEMs had a monopoly and could keep the prices high. Since Tiger the interest in golf has gone through the roof and there is much more competition for the golfing dollar, and prices have had to come down (I conceed the web also had a lot t do with prices becoming so low). Many people are jealous of Tiger being a billionaire, but IMO he has given many more billions back to the masses in the shape of discounted golf equipment than he can ever earn. I conceed what has happened was never Tiger's intention; he was all about winning championships. But the result is the same.

You can listen to the players when it comes to haters on tour. There aren't any, they all appreciate what he has done for the game, and their bank balnces. Those guys are more than happy to fight it out for minor placings while Tiger stomps all over them. They make more money now for 10th than the winner made pre Tiger.

Lastly but not leastly, how much money for charity has Tiger generated? It would have to be measured in hundreds of millions. Not ust from his own foundation, but every tournament he plays in would have a huge increase in charity raising just because he's there.

Those who are Tiger haters here should hang their heads in shame.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

So how about paying $500 plus for a new driver in the pre Tiger days? Or $1400 for a set of irons? The price reduction can be pinpointed to the interest Tiger generated in golf. Before him golf was a game for middle aged stuffy shirted snobs at expensive country clubs (Caddy Shack is a perfect example), so the demand wasn't sufficient to interest new players in the market, so the few OEMs had a monopoly and could keep the prices high. Since Tiger the interest in golf has gone through the roof and there is much more competition for the golfing dollar, and prices have had to come down (I conceed the web also had a lot t do with prices becoming so low). Many people are jealous of Tiger being a billionaire, but IMO he has given many more billions back to the masses in the shape of discounted golf equipment than he can ever earn. I conceed what has happened was never Tiger's intention; he was all about winning championships. But the result is the same.

You can listen to the players when it comes to haters on tour. There aren't any, they all appreciate what he has done for the game, and their bank balnces. Those guys are more than happy to fight it out for minor placings while Tiger stomps all over them. They make more money now for 10th than the winner made pre Tiger.

Lastly but not leastly, how much money for charity has Tiger generated? It would have to be measured in hundreds of millions. Not ust from his own foundation, but every tournament he plays in would have a huge increase in charity raising just because he's there.

As far as making more for 10th now than winning pre-tigger is a ridiculous statement-inflation has taken care of that-all the players make more now than then, so that is a weak excuse. Charity is also higher because of inflation, PGA players were gonna make (and donate) more anyway. The people who believe the guff in the previous post should go back to the tennis courts they frequented before we ever heard, 'get in the hole' and 'get in the water' were ever heard on a golf course. The game is classy again except for people who shoot bad on the front 9 and chicken out. Good riddance, wood. My head? BIG smile right now...............Happy Days are here again, da da da da da................

"In 1997, the total PGA Tour purse was $70,800,800. In 2007, it was $272,300,000. That’s a percentage increase of 284.60%.

It’s a little less impressive when the 2007 figures are recast in 1997 dollars. When adjusting for the rate of inflation, PGA Tour purses are up “only” 193%."
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Let's face it NAH, the majority of people don't appreciate Tiger's post round interviews or how the camera shows him more than other players. It's funny that when he was winning everything these same people saw the fist pumping as "exciting", his demeanor as "focused" and his post round interviews as "confident".

Whenever I see him in practice rounds with other players he's smiling and having a good time. The guy is a human being that made mistakes. No matter what he did to apologize he did it wrong in the eyes of the media and all the haters out there.

In my humble opinion, he's given way more to the game than he's ever gotten back in return. Of course he's benefitted tremendously but so have all of the fans, equipment manufacturers and golf resorts.

Tournaments are fun to watch when he's not playing but they are compelling when he is playing.

I watch either way and any Major where wood either quits, misses the cut, or doesn't win is a successful one for me. Amusing to me as to where all of his bandwagon 'golf' fans have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by huskyhater View Post
    I watch either way and any Major where wood either quits, misses the cut, or doesn't win is a successful one for me. Amusing to me as to where all of his bandwagon 'golf' fans have gone.
    The irony of your poison is that if Tiger goes as far down hill as you are hoping he will, hating him won't feel the same either. It's hard to hate a loveable loser.

The bigger irony is if/when he starts winning again, the haters will be even more pissed because he's going to hold a huge grudge to those who did nothing but jump on the hating bandwagon.

I hope he walks over to someone like Alex Miceli or John Feinstein and just drops them with a right cross then pulls out a picture of him doing their wife and gives it to them.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Let's face it NAH, the majority of people don't appreciate Tiger's post round interviews or how the camera shows him more than other players. It's funny that when he was winning everything these same people saw the fist pumping as "exciting", his demeanor as "focused" and his post round interviews as "confident".

Whenever I see him in practice rounds with other players he's smiling and having a good time. The guy is a human being that made mistakes. No matter what he did to apologize he did it wrong in the eyes of the media and all the haters out there.

In my humble opinion, he's given way more to the game than he's ever gotten back in return. Of course he's benefitted tremendously but so have all of the fans, equipment manufacturers and golf resorts.

Tournaments are fun to watch when he's not playing but they are compelling when he is playing.
    Your not talking about me with this statement. I never was a fan. I guess some people are better than others at judging character.

How compelling was he to watch at the Masters back 9 nine or the first nine of the Player's? I honestly don't blame Tiger for this. This is the PGA and broadcasters. When he has a chance we should see him but only when he's making a charge not blowing his chances. There's no reason to watch someone in 3rd or 4th walk from green to tee or read a putt and show the leaders recorded.

Speaking of post round interviews. Did you hear Gydos's post round interview Sunday? He was basically asked the same question as tiger if his score would hold up. He honestly replied that he had had a chance to birdie a couple of the last 4 holes and he expects one of the leaders to come through and win. His interview was genuine and had some good humor. Tiger's was neither.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    Your not talking about me with this statement. I never was a fan. I guess some people are better than others at judging character.

How compelling was he to watch at the Masters back 9 nine or the first nine of the Player's? I honestly don't blame Tiger for this. This is the PGA and broadcasters. When he has a chance we should see him but only when he's making a charge not blowing his chances. There's no reason to watch someone in 3rd or 4th walk from green to tee or read a putt and show the leaders recorded.

Speaking of post round interviews. Did you hear Gydos's post round interview Sunday? He was basically asked the same question as tiger if his score would hold up. He honestly replied that he had had a chance to birdie a couple of the last 4 holes and he expects one of the leaders to come through and win. His interview was genuine and had some good humor. Tiger's was neither.
    Goydos is divorced and has had serious issues with his wife. He belonged to the same men's club I did in Long Beach. I was told he had to give up drinking because of related problems. He comes across as "everyone's guy" but he's actually extremely nervous, jumpy and a bit anti social.

Do I care about Goydos' personal life. No, I don't. My point is that everyone has issues, including Tiger. Shoot, the Governator had a kid with his housekeeper for crying out loud!

Godydos goes overboard on the Mr. Niceguy routine and I don't buy it for a minute. I'd rather listen to a guy like Tiger telling us what he actually thinks rather than listen to a guy who wants everyone to like him. We've got too many of those types anyway.

Goydos is divorced and has had serious issues with his wife. He belonged to the same men's club I did in Long Beach. I was told he had to give up drinking because of related problems. He comes across as "everyone's guy" but he's actually extremely nervous, jumpy and a bit anti social.

Do I care about Goydos' personal life. No, I don't. My point is that everyone has issues, including Tiger. Shoot, the Governator had a kid with his housekeeper for crying out loud!

Godydos goes overboard on the Mr. Niceguy routine and I don't buy it for a minute. I'd rather listen to a guy like Tiger telling us what he actually thinks rather than listen to a guy who wants everyone to like him. We've got too many of those types anyway.
    I've never met Goydos but based on what I see on TV, he's got to be a real prick. And he's probably short of stature, which has a lot to do with it. It happens when you get older and have to compete with the young bombers. I'll bet lots of the young guys are real nice people. Like Bubba or Dustin Johnson. Some were pricks when they were young and are probably still pricks. Like Davis Love. The biggest prick of all time that I met personally on a golf course is (was) Slammin' Sammie. Real nasty two legger unless you were paying him the big bucks for lessons or were some bigshot celebrity or businessman, then he'd be all smoochie on your heinie. Aronold was sort of like that. Jack was OK. Player was and probably still is a prince among men. Trevino was and probably still is a devilish little imp.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I've never met Goydos but based on what I see on TV, he's got to be a real prick. And he's probably short of stature, which has a lot to do with it. It happens when you get older and have to compete with the young bombers. I'll bet lots of the young guys are real nice people. Like Bubba or Dustin Johnson. Some were pricks when they were young and are probably still pricks. Like Davis Love. The biggest prick of all time that I met personally on a golf course is (was) Slammin' Sammie. Real nasty two legger unless you were paying him the big bucks for lessons or were some bigshot celebrity or businessman, then he'd be all smoochie on your heinie. Aronold was sort of like that. Jack was OK. Player was and probably still is a prince among men. Trevino was and probably still is a devilish little imp.
    My only encounter with Jack Nicklaus was at the US Open at the Olympic Club in 1987. It was Thursday and I forgot the hole but it's a long Par 4 dogleg right with the tee box high up on a hill. Anyway, I'm right there just outside the tee box and Jack Nicklaus walks up. This is a year after he won the Masters. I'm only one of a few people on the tee box and he looks right at me. He must have realized the look of awe on my face because he smiled at me and nodded his head as if saying hello. The caddy smiled at me as well. I will never forget that. Here's the most popular golfer of all time, with millions of people watching him wherever he goes and he took a few seconds to acknowledge a fan. That was pretty cool.

That's my point, Tiger didn't and doesn't. There's no way he thought his score was going to hold up on the masters. If he did he's stupid, in denial, or full of shiat. He's not stupid, so it's either denial or he's just plain full of shiat. Rest assured, his is an act and is taken straight out of Nike's marketing handbook.

In all honestly, I hope he's not done with golf. I do enjoy seeing him play golf when he's on. But there are many other's that are fun to watch when their on fire.

My only encounter with Jack Nicklaus was at the US Open at the Olympic Club in 1987. It was Thursday and I forgot the hole but it's a long Par 4 dogleg right with the tee box high up on a hill. Anyway, I'm right there just outside the tee box and Jack Nicklaus walks up. This is a year after he won the Masters. I'm only one of a few people on the tee box and he looks right at me. He must have realized the look of awe on my face because he smiled at me and nodded his head as if saying hello. The caddy smiled at me as well. I will never forget that. Here's the most popular golfer of all time, with millions of people watching him wherever he goes and he took a few seconds to acknowledge a fan. That was pretty cool.
    I've seen Nicklaus close up from the gallery on several occasions from 1962 to 1996. Its really spooky but he, Player and Trevino all seemed to recognize me the last time I saw them in 1996 at a senior event south of Philadelphia. And I'm basically a non-descript average height and weight white man with no real distinguishing characteristics--by design.

All child prodigies have issues. Tiger has fared better than Andre Agassi, Macaulay Culkin, Michael Jackson, and Mozart. Tiger's father was not the pure concentrated parenting evil that those other 4 were. However, you can not and should not expect normalcy and balance from someone with this kind of upbringing.

Besides, who cares what an athlete says in a post game interview? That has to be one of our stupidest cultural rituals. If I cared about the prepared, produced, and phony prose of an overinflated ego I would follow politics more...
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS View Post
    All child prodigies have issues. Tiger has fared better than Andre Agassi, Macaulay Culkin, Michael Jackson, and Mozart. Tiger's father was not the pure concentrated parenting evil that those other 4 were. However, you can not and should not expect normalcy and balance from someone with this kind of upbringing.

Besides, who cares what an athlete says in a post game interview? That has to be one of our stupidest cultural rituals. If I cared about the prepared, produced, and phony prose of an overinflated ego I would follow politics more...
    Those are some very interesting points. Why would they go into what really happened?

This may be, but here is the sad truth -- mistakes can be forgiven, but rarely forgotten. It wasn't just that Tiger was winning, we also thought he was fun-loving kid who mastered the game of golf with a mind like a steel trap. Now, we think all he must be thinking about is who and how many babes he's going to be bagging after the round is over. We also look at him as a failed husband and father. Believe it or not, to some those qualities are important. The same appreciation is just not possible.

It is not helping his plight in life that he is literally stinking up the course every time he goes out and acting like an arsehole in interviews. If there are people that still want to swing on his cock, then to each their own. I, on the other hand, enjoy watching any of the players who happen to be on their game for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    This may be, but here is the sad truth -- mistakes can be forgiven, but rarely forgotten. It wasn't just that Tiger was winning, we also thought he was fun-loving kid who mastered the game of golf with a mind like a steel trap. Now, we think all he must be thinking about is who and how many babes he's going to be bagging after the round is over. We also look at him as a failed husband and father. Believe it or not, to some those qualities are important. The same appreciation is just not possible.

It is not helping his plight in life that he is literally stinking up the course every time he goes out and acting like an arsehole in interviews. If there are people that still want to swing on his cock, then to each their own. I, on the other hand, enjoy watching any of the players who happen to be on their game for a day.
    Tiger is also a victim and has been since he was in diapers. Anyone remember his appearance on TV when he was around two years old? The parents made him a spectacle like an organ grinder's monkey. Cruel for a child no matter what the motivation. Then as he was growing up and competing, the expectations for him were more than most mortals could bare. On turning pro, he kicked butt for like ten years and the machine finally broke. He was also a victim of his ex-wife and her intimate circle. Poor father my ass. How many millions of dollars did it cost him for that marriage and to set her up on easy street for her life, the children's lives and their offspring etc.? I have nothing against the guy but I hate how he was glorified while he was on top. The net effect was to take golf from a relatively genteel pursuit and open it up to all the common world influences. Just watch the new Big Break episode to catch my meaning. The contest is more of a testosterone match than a golf competition. With all the hip-hop and gangsta accents that go with it that you see with all modern professional sports. Maybe with Tiger out for awhile it the game will slip back down to where it belongs in the grand scheme of things. And the public courses less crowded except for my local muni where the Koreans outnumber the round eyes now by two to one. Probably going to be 3 to 1 after KJ's Players win. Damn.

Your social commentary is very interesting Mongrel. Also I agree that Woods is just as much a victim as the architect in the current life dilema he finds himself in.

We're talking about watching an athlete play a sport, not who we hang out with. So I guess you don't watch any sports or root for anyone who has cheated? Don't forget to adjust your halo.

Mongrel In The Trees

I just hope Mongrel, one of my favorite responders to club-specific inquiries, is not a CPS official - just about everyone would be in danger of having their kids whisked away if this overprotective analysis of Tiger is a general indicator. To say it was "cruel" to put Tiger on display as a tyke is way overblown. Lots of kids have had wide public exposure and come through it fine. For example I used to do self-defense workouts with a guy who as an 8-year old toured circuses in Europe as "the human pretzel." He was perfectly normal. You shouldn't forget that one of the basic tenets of black life (certainly through the '70's) was Ralph Ellison's notion of "invisibility," under which whites supposedly can't "see" blacks. So forcing him into whites' consciousness was a form of self-esteem-building for all blacks, not just for Tiger. (yes, I know he's only 1/4 black, but that's not how his father would have viewed it.) Finally, it's annoying how younger whites playing golf now emulate the hip-hop crap, but this has nothing to do with Tiger. How could it, given that Tiger himself always adopted traditional country-club dress and comportment? Golfers have always suffered the thinly-veiled accusation of effeteness, and the emotionally insecure will want to compensate with badges of hyper-masculinity, so they adopt NBA-style posturing. Mongrel, tighten up your grip, buddy.

We're talking about watching an athlete play a sport, not who we hang out with. So I guess you don't watch any sports or root for anyone who has cheated? Don't forget to adjust your halo.
    This reply is getting trite. FD, is your wife good with you going on the road and screwing everything that moves? Does she like reading your sexting other women on your iPhone? Do you think it is a good thing for your kids if you go out whoring around while married to their mother?

I don't care if he is a good golfer or not, FD, he's a sorry individual, and , yes, it does effect how I view him and what I think of him. And, whenever he acts like a turd in interviews, it makes me dislike him even more. By the way, I've never cheated on my wife and I'm good father. So, while Tiger can beat me on a golf course, I still think he is a shiteburger in life and I am better than he is. And, I don't particularly care who agrees or disagrees with that statement.

If you guys want to hang on his dick and give him kudos about where golf is today thanks to him, it is certainly your prerogative and I will not deny it from you. Personally though, I was watching and participating in golf long before Tiger Woods was sucking his momma's titty and I will be watching and participating in golf long after he hangs it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts View Post
    I just hope Mongrel, one of my favorite responders to club-specific inquiries, is not a CPS official - just about everyone would be in danger of having their kids whisked away if this overprotective analysis of Tiger is a general indicator. To say it was "cruel" to put Tiger on display as a tyke is way overblown. Lots of kids have had wide public exposure and come through it fine. For example I used to do self-defense workouts with a guy who as an 8-year old toured circuses in Europe as "the human pretzel." He was perfectly normal. You shouldn't forget that one of the basic tenets of black life (certainly through the '70's) was Ralph Ellison's notion of "invisibility," under which whites supposedly can't "see" blacks. So forcing him into whites' consciousness was a form of self-esteem-building for all blacks, not just for Tiger. (yes, I know he's only 1/4 black, but that's not how his father would have viewed it.) Finally, it's annoying how younger whites playing golf now emulate the hip-hop crap, but this has nothing to do with Tiger. How could it, given that Tiger himself always adopted traditional country-club dress and comportment? Golfers have always suffered the thinly-veiled accusation of effeteness, and the emotionally insecure will want to compensate with badges of hyper-masculinity, so they adopt NBA-style posturing. Mongrel, tighten up your grip, buddy.
    I monitor my grip pressure very closely. Too tight and I cannot swing freely. Tiger should have finished his bachelor's at Stanford. My father, who was already in the tank with sponsors like Titleist, pushed him to turn pro depriving him of two more years in college fantasy land. He was forced to grow up before his time. There's nothing racial in my opinions. White kids in the similar situations have been and would be just as screwed up. Tiger jumped the shark by falling prey to other black pro athlete stars like Barkley, who is an ass clown. Golfers effete? Get in the time machine and lay that on Hogan or Palmer or Nicklaus or Orville Moody or Hubert Green. Many of the old guys were hard-drining poontang chasers. Of course fans have always tried to emulate their sports heroes in some fashion. I remember my father in the 1950's when he thought Hogan was a deity. He got himself one of those Hogan caps and wore it every round for a couple of years. He used to browbeat me pretty good about my chipping and putting when I was in elementary school so I know something about pressures on a kid. I did the exact opposite with my son golf-wise and he eagerly took lessons and played starting around 12. Personally, I think all the fist pumps are a bit over the top. Just make your putt and proceed to the next tee.

This reply is getting trite. FD, is your wife good with you going on the road and screwing everything that moves? Does she like reading your sexting other women on your iPhone? Do you think it is a good thing for your kids if you go out whoring around while married to their mother?

I don't care if he is a good golfer or not, FD, he's a sorry individual, and , yes, it does effect how I view him and what I think of him. And, whenever he acts like a turd in interviews, it makes me dislike him even more. By the way, I've never cheated on my wife and I'm good father. So, while Tiger can beat me on a golf course, I still think he is a shiteburger in life and I am better than he is. And, I don't particularly care who agrees or disagrees with that statement.

If you guys want to hang on his dick and give him kudos about where golf is today thanks to him, it is certainly your prerogative and I will not deny it from you. Personally though, I was watching and participating in golf long before Tiger Woods was sucking his momma's titty and I will be watching and participating in golf long after he hangs it up.
    Sooner, you have a lot of nerve putting my name along with the things you said in your post. So with that go f.uck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Many of the old guys were hard-drinking poontang chasers.
    I used to know a retired S.F. cop who moonlighted as a bartender in North Beach. He told me that when they had the Lucky International, a certain player (eventual major winner and fab. Ryder Cupper) would come around asking about chicks who did "greek."

Sooner, you have a lot of nerve putting my name along with the things you said in your post. So with that go f.uck yourself.
    Why should it bother you? Isn't having a good golf game better than morals? If you don't think it is, then don't forget to adjust your halo.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts View Post
    I used to know a retired S.F. cop who moonlighted as a bartender in North Beach. He told me that when they had the Lucky International, a certain player (eventual major winner and fab. Ryder Cupper) would come around asking about chicks who did "greek."
    A certain multiple major winner with the trademark helicopter follow through was notorious in south Florida for playing hand up the skirts under the tables in drinking establishments with nubile young fans after a few pops, or more than a few pops.

Some have that quality and some don't. The recently derailed #1 in the world never had it and never will. And now he's gonna play in the US Open. Wonder what'll happen if he shoots 42 on the front? Neck cramp, charley horse, whats it gonna be next time he hacks it up?

AMEN Sonner. Couldn't have said it better myself. Good post.

Some have that quality and some don't. The recently derailed #1 in the world never had it and never will. And now he's gonna play in the US Open. Wonder what'll happen if he shoots 42 on the front? Neck cramp, charley horse, whats it gonna be next time he hacks it up?
    Please keep your idiotic rambling contained to your stupid blog thread so that we can avoid your retarded posts. Thanks. Your username should be brokenrecord. And no, I'm not a Tiger fan, it's just that your redundancy is giving LarryRSF a run for the money.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer View Post
    Please keep your idiotic rambling contained to your stupid blog thread so that we can avoid your retarded posts. Thanks. Your username should be brokenrecord. And no, I'm not a Tiger fan, it's just that your redundancy is giving LarryRSF a run for the money.
    Amen Homeslice...excellent post.

I'd put out another bait station but the first one isn't working all that well.
    GR lives...

WRONG!

With this post you have clearly established yourself as an out and out Tiger nuthugger. Welcome to the club!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    WRONG!

With this post you have clearly established yourself as an out and out Tiger nuthugger. Welcome to the club!
    Kiwi, I saw some Bridgestone Tourstage irons at the golf store and tried them out at the hitting area. They had S200 shafts and they had a cut cavity similar to the MP-52. I have to admit they felt better than other forgings. They were 4-PW for $299 in probably 8.5/10 condition. I don't remember the model number. I'd remember them if I saw a pic but couldn't find them on the web. Hmmm.

Kiwi, I saw some Bridgestone Tourstage irons at the golf store and tried them out at the hitting area. They had S200 shafts and they had a cut cavity similar to the MP-52. I have to admit they felt better than other forgings. They were 4-PW for $299 in probably 8.5/10 condition. I don't remember the model number. I'd remember them if I saw a pic but couldn't find them on the web. Hmmm.
    Bridgestone are underrated IMO. I had never heard of Tourstage until OP recommended them but a few years ago I hit some J33's side by side with MP-60s and thought the J33's felt much better.

Unfortunately I haven't played much golf since acquiring my Z101s but I'm looking forward to playing them again soon.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    WRONG!

HS can be a member of the GR Tiger fan club any day. He is one of the few here who have the ability to cut through the BS and tell it how it is.

AMEN Sonner. Couldn't have said it better myself. Good post.
    THANK YOU Sooner, post of the year. Of course the nutthuggers won't like that, but BALLS to them....they wood love it! Wood is DONE.....deal with wannabes!

Thread Information