|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Golfer stabbed in the leg after trying to play through

WTF? Can't you guys play nice out there in Texas?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-d...163539055.html
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Wow...that's about the ugliest golf course I've ever seen!
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

Quote Originally Posted by jmtbkr View Post
    Wow...that's about the ugliest golf course I've ever seen!
    You've led a sheltered golf life. There's lots uglier I've seen.

The victim got punctured with a broken shaft. I wonder if it was steel or graphite. And what the flex and torque were. These damn TV news people are just talking heads. The days of good journalism ended decades ago.

It's not surprising at all that this kind of thing happens. When I was in grad school it almost happened to my group. All day long we were behind a very slow group and one of the guys in my foursome would yell out "come on!" every once in awhile. On the 16th hole, a par 3, they let us through but they were obviously drunk and pissed. They were giving us the stare down and my buddy kept saying "what's your problem, you asked us to go through". All of a sudden one of the drunk guys comes at him and shoves him. My buddy whips his driver out of his bag and says "come on!". We are very lucky that one of the guys in their group diffused the situation. It could easily have been worse than the thread story. I wouldn't have had a scratch because I was extremely fast back and those days. Punch, run and dodge as they say.

Which brings up another topic. If you are friends with someone and they have a habit of starting sh!t at bars, golf courses, etc. I firmly believe that it is not your job to jump in and help them if they keep getting in fights.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    It's not surprising at all that this kind of thing happens. When I was in grad school it almost happened to my group. All day long we were behind a very slow group and one of the guys in my foursome would yell out "come on!" every once in awhile. On the 16th hole, a par 3, they let us through but they were obviously drunk and pissed. They were giving us the stare down and my buddy kept saying "what's your problem, you asked us to go through". All of a sudden one of the drunk guys comes at him and shoves him. My buddy whips his driver out of his bag and says "come on!". We are very lucky that one of the guys in their group diffused the situation. It could easily have been worse than the thread story. I wouldn't have had a scratch because I was extremely fast back and those days. Punch, run and dodge as they say.

Which brings up another topic. If you are friends with someone and they have a habit of starting sh!t at bars, golf courses, etc. I firmly believe that it is not your job to jump in and help them if they keep getting in fights.
    When I was younger, a guy I used to hang out with loved getting in fights. It pretty much ended our friendship. At best it was embarrassing, at worst it was dangerous. I got a public intoxication charge outside of a bar when I was 21 because this dude started a fight and I was dragged into it. I also found out that cops love pepper spray, but I do not.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    When I was younger, a guy I used to hang out with loved getting in fights. It pretty much ended our friendship. At best it was embarrassing, at worst it was dangerous. I got a public intoxication charge outside of a bar when I was 21 because this dude started a fight and I was dragged into it. I also found out that cops love pepper spray, but I do not.

The italian way is best. You just yell at each other and act real threatening. Actual fighting messes up your hair and ruins your clothes. That leather jacket hates concrete.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    The italian way is best. You just yell at each other and act real threatening. Actual fighting messes up your hair and ruins your clothes. That leather jacket hates concrete.
    Zo you Italians are always yelling. That's just the way they converse. Some of our Italian family get togethers leave my ears ringing. They're fun but they're loud!
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz View Post
    Zo you Italians are always yelling. That's just the way they converse. Some of our Italian family get togethers leave my ears ringing. They're fun but they're loud!
    How ya been, NS? We're getting nothing down here in terms of rain. Has it been the same out your way? Are there turds floating in the straits?

Any more cool WS pics?
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    How ya been, NS? We're getting nothing down here in terms of rain. Has it been the same out your way? Are there turds floating in the straits?

Any more cool WS pics?
    I'm good bruther! It's rained once in the last month. Other than that it's been 35-40 degree mornings and 65 degree afternoons. I sailed once in December and decided that I'm a fair weather sailor. Dat water is COLD!
    Here's a kinda cool perspective. I've got a camera strapped to the top of my mast pointing down at me. It would have been a cool video but the battery went dead about 2 seconds after this shot. Aarrrg!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small-copy--rio.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	2807  
    team obnoxious

If it's too cold to surf send some golfing pics. NAH is curious to know whether you've updated your homeless bum golfing ensemble including saddle shoes.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz View Post
    I'm good bruther! It's rained once in the last month. Other than that it's been 35-40 degree mornings and 65 degree afternoons. I sailed once in December and decided that I'm a fair weather sailor. Dat water is COLD!
    Here's a kinda cool perspective. I've got a camera strapped to the top of my mast pointing down at me. It would have been a cool video but the battery went dead about 2 seconds after this shot. Aarrrg!

Awesome pic. You've got to shoot and post the video. If you rush, you may be able to get it in before Dave's Q-tong video as I'm feeling quite healthy these days.

I've thought about getting one of those cameras for the surfboard but so far vids like that I've seen look like they were taken from inside a washing machine. I've also thought about doing it during sex. The trick would be to pick the right sound track for the response you were getting. Good sessions would be easy, just something funky. But the bad ones might range from Beethoven's 5th to Foggy Mountain Breakdown on the banjo.
    GR lives...

Thread Information