|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Cleveland Launcher DST va Hibore XLS hybrid?

Guys, Girls, AC-DC...
    Currently I have Hibore XLS 3i hybrid (I think 22*) and I really like it, so I want to ebay XLS 2i (I think 19*) if/when the price is right, but I also heard that the Launcher DST hybrid is as good , but not sure which gaybrid model is 18-19* and if DST would be as good as XLS. I think the Launcher DST 2i is 18* according to specs on internet...

Your thought? Thanks

After playing only my second round in almost two years this past Sunday, my all time favourite hybrid is still the original Cobra Baffler 20* with stock Aldila HL stiff shaft that is proprietary for Cobra. All the others feel like crap to me.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

I used to play the Halo 19 & 22 which is similar to the HiBore. I upgraded to the 18 & 20.5 Launcher Dst and gained ... nothing.

Don't get me wrong. I like both a lot and I'm happy with the Dst but I would have been fine sticking with the Halo too. They're both good IMHO.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    I used to play the Halo 19 & 22 which is similar to the HiBore. I upgraded to the 18 & 20.5 Launcher Dst and gained ... nothing.

Don't get me wrong. I like both a lot and I'm happy with the Dst but I would have been fine sticking with the Halo too. They're both good IMHO.
    pk - listen to kiwi here.

Thanks guys, girls, AC-DC...
    I am not looking for an upgrade, I just want a 18*-19* gaybrid to fill the gap between my 3W and 22* Hibore XLS gaybrid, currently I use Callay FT-square 5W to fill that gap, I just wanna try a gaybrid in place of 5W

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    I am not looking for an upgrade, I just want a 18*-19* gaybrid to fill the gap between my 3W and 22* Hibore XLS gaybrid, currently I use Callay FT-square 5W to fill that gap, I just wanna try a gaybrid in place of 5W
    I love my Hibore 19*. Very good club. I did re-shaft it w/ a steel shaft. Versatile. Off the T, fairway...heck, Ive even used it (and gotten decent) with punching out from the trees on errant T shots.

One thing I havent done with it is use it around the green for chip shots. Ive seen some instruction on the web about using the hybrid for this - but it just doesnt seem right to me.

Anyhow, the hibore 19* is a great club and I highly recommend it.
    G luck

Thanks Lord, ... I don't know what to get but I know I want 17*-19* gaybrid... DST 2i is 18*, except its shaft is 74g instead of 65g, maybe I would go with Sr.Flex for that model, Hibore XLS is what I am familiar with , I will also check into hibore and Ping

PK, the best hybrids I've tried are the Cobra DWS pre-2008 version with Aldila HV-55 shafts. The 2008 version has the proto "by you" shafts. They set up perfectly and I simply use a fairway wood swing and they fly high and land soft. My 18 degree #2 hybrid goes anywhere from 210 to 225.

Thanks Lord, ... I don't know what to get but I know I want 17*-19* gaybrid... DST 2i is 18*, except its shaft is 74g instead of 65g, maybe I would go with Sr.Flex for that model, Hibore XLS is what I am familiar with , I will also check into hibore and Ping
    go w/ what you are familiar with IMO. My first hibore was the 19*. Loved it so I picked up a 16* and 22* as well. Depending on where I play (course) I bag either the 16* for longer courses where 200+ shots are required, or the 22* for more of a target golf style course.

But the 19* is always in the bag.

g luck

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    PK, the best hybrids I've tried are the Cobra DWS pre-2008 version with Aldila HV-55 shafts. The 2008 version has the proto "by you" shafts. They set up perfectly and I simply use a fairway wood swing and they fly high and land soft. My 18 degree #2 hybrid goes anywhere from 210 to 225.
    I have Adams Idea Tech OS 2H (17*) which I hit it very well, one thing I don't like is its trajectory is higher than I would like, I will keep it, but in the meantime I am looking for a hybrid with optimum trajectory for better distance. Hibore XLS flies not as high for sure. Does your DWS fly high or low in your opinion?

I have Adams Idea Tech OS 2H (17*) which I hit it very well, one thing I don't like is its trajectory is higher than I would like, I will keep it, but in the meantime I am looking for a hybrid with optimum trajectory for better distance. Hibore XLS flies not as high for sure. Does your DWS fly high or low in your opinion?
    Neither. The Cobra Hybrid DWS with the Aldila HL-55 Stiff delivers a perfect trajectory. It doesn't balloon and it doesn't hit stingers either. I'm actually thinking of getting the 5 hybrid at 26 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Neither. The Cobra Hybrid DWS with the Aldila HL-55 Stiff delivers a perfect trajectory. It doesn't balloon and it doesn't hit stingers either. I'm actually thinking of getting the 5 hybrid at 26 degrees.
    I had one of those several years ago. I bought the 23 and the 26 at the same time used at GG for under $30 a piece. I already had the 20. The 26 had the stiff Aldila HL-65 shaft but I assumed that the 23 had a stiff and when I got it home, saw that it was senior flex. Well, I traded the 26 back in on something or other, but before I did I bagged it on a week golf trip to Florida. On the course, I only had occasion to hit it two times. One was from the fairway from about 175 and I put that one on the green. The other time was from a fairway bunker about 215 or so out on a par 5. I just wanted to lay it up and I have always sucked big time from fairway bunkers. I choked down an inch, made an all-arm's swing and put the ball 10 yards in front of the green. No muss, no fuss. Amazing chopper tool.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

I ebayed 2i Cleveland DST 18* gaybrid for a good price, will let you guys/girls/AC-DC know how it fits me.... if not I could always get my money back selling it on eBay again

I ebayed 2i Cleveland DST 18* gaybrid for a good price, will let you guys/girls/AC-DC know how it fits me.... if not I could always get my money back selling it on eBay again
    Sweet. G luck! Love the cleveland wedges and hybrids. Let us know how it goes!

Congrats Pky. I love mine and I'm sure you will be happy with yours.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thanks guys/girls/AC-DC... I really like my 3i (22*) Hibore XLS, and I am hoping that Cleveland DST 2i 18* is as good or better

Thread Information