|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: which putter?

which putter?

I would be suprised if this topic hasn't been covered, but I have no idea what I am looking for in a new putter? I like the looks of a blade putter better than the mallets, but aren't the mallets more forgiving? I just got home from the golf store and hit several putters in the showroom (too cold and windy to be outside today), but they all seemed the same.

I like the looks of the new Nike 2010 putter and the Odyssey putter line, but before I hand over the money, I want to hear from you folks here.
    I guess you can call me a Cleveland homer!

Cleveland Hibore XL 10.5, Adilia NV Graphite Regular Flex shaft
    Cleveland Hibore 2I Hybrid Graphite Regular Flex
    Cleveland Hibore 3I Hybrid Graphite Stiff Flex
    Cleveland Launcher Irons 4-PW Graphite Regular Flex
    Cleveland Launcher 50* wedge
    Cleveland CG10 black pearl 54* wedge
    Cleveland CG10 black pearl 58* wedge
    Ping Anser 3 putter
    Titleist NXT Extreme

"Does you husband play, Alice?"

How about weight? I love the look of blade putters but I wish I could find one with more heft.

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)
    Bag: Titleist SC-25

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_chunk
    I would be suprised if this topic hasn't been covered, but I have no idea what I am looking for in a new putter? I like the looks of a blade putter better than the mallets, but aren't the mallets more forgiving? I just got home from the golf store and hit several putters in the showroom (too cold and windy to be outside today), but they all seemed the same.

I like the looks of the new Nike 2010 putter and the Odyssey putter line, but before I hand over the money, I want to hear from you folks here.

Choosing a putter is going to be a very personal thing. You'll need to consider many factors before you can effectively narrow your choices down to a manageable list of putters that suit your approach and stroke, then what you choose from there will largely be a matter of taste.

What part of putting do you struggle with most? Distance control? Direction? Do you tend to miss a lot inside of 5 feet? Do you tend to frequently leave yourself too much mess to clean up after a poor lag putt?

If you struggle with direction on short putts the most, I suggest trying out some putters which are face-balanced. These will keep the putter more square on the short putts - so providing you can read break and aim, you should miss far less of the clean-up putts within 5 feet of the hole.

If you struggle with distance control, then a lighter, blade style putter will likely be of greater use to you than a larger, more heavy putter. To many players, the face motion of a heel/toe weighted blade putter enhances the feel for distance, helping you to leave shorter tap ins after a good lag which doesn't drop. The sound of the putter is also a critical factor in this, as one of the most overlooked cues which aids in distance control is the audible sound you hear when you strike a putt. Make sure the sound of the putter fits your ear.

If you have trouble getting the ball rolling, you should experiment with various lofts of putter to try to optimize your impact conditions and get the ball rolling as soon as possible. There are also inserts which are designed to reduce skidding even further, so a combination of the two may be in order.

If the path of your putting stroke is inconsistent, you may benefit from having a bit more weight in the putterhead, to increase swingweight and momentum, which will help you keep the putterhead moving along the proper arc.

With all of that being said, I do recommend the TM Rossa putters with the AGSI inserts. They're not hype - they're all business. They really do put a better roll on the ball than anything I've ever used.

Whatever you choose, just remember why you're buying a new putter. You want to make more putts, and the key to doing that is confidence. For years I used an old Fazer Tour Touch II anser style blade I picked up with a pro shop gift certificate I won in a tournament. I think it was $40, or something like that, but once I got used to it, it was probably the best 40 bucks I'd ever spent on my game. You may wind up feeling best about a putter of similar value. Don't let the name stamped on the sole or the cost of the club influence your purchase. Get something that fits your eye and gives you confidence, and simply works best for you.

Best of luck.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Sounds good Freak.

I am comfortable with my old mallet putter and do pretty well with it. I would say I putt well from 10 feet in and just have trouble with the distance putts. I think that reading the greens are the part of my game that needs the most work. I don't think any putter can really help with that.

Ping Anser 3 putter
    Titleist NXT Extreme

Honestly, I Dont think anybody can give yourself advice when buying a putter. If I was buying a new putter tomorrow I would get something that looks good to me, that feels comfy in my hands (lies nicely), and a putter that I would have confidence with.
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

this sure has the making of get Omen going.

I am going to withold my urges and assume this is legit....

I AM WAITING PATIENTLY FOR A THREAD TO EXPLODE ON....

if this is legit: Putters are as personal as wives... YOU HAVE TO FIND THE ONE THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY... its just a matter of confidence.

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Putters and drivers are the two most changed out clubs in an ametures bag. Personally I am a very good putter and always have been. I just can't get to the green! I have an old Kirk Currie Brazos that is all I have ever used. I never even pick up a putter at a golf shop just to look at it but........................while on the putting green one day I met a guy putting with a Guerin Rife Two Bar Putter. If you have any putting issues at all I would seriously consider that you take a look at this putter and if you are a good putter this can make you better. It is now in my bag. The roll is so pure and immediate you almost feel you missed the ball. If you tend to YIP it will still put a decent roll on the ball. I even think it I tend to play less break because it rolls so pure. Its not the best looking putter by far and it doesn't say Titleist or Taylormade on it but it sure has put some money back in my pocket. Give one a try. Guerin Rife make other models than the two bar but their roll is much different.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeduffer
    How about weight? I love the look of blade putters but I wish I could find one with more heft.

bd

Why not add weight?

Tungsten and corks, lead tape, back weights, plenty of options here.

Putting is all about confidence. When I see a guy pull out a mallet, belly, or heavy putter, I see a guy who has loss confidence in his putting ability. Do yourself a favor and get a blade/anser style putter.

If you can't afford a Scotty, I would go with a Ping Anser. I believe they are selling for under a $100. I have an old 1996ish Ping Ally (looks just like an anser) with no inserts, and that putter has just about as much feel as my SC #3.

The two main things to consider are hosel style/placement and putter length. Which one to pick depends on stroke, height, posture etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Putting is all about confidence. When I see a guy pull out a mallet, belly, or heavy putter, I see a guy who has loss confidence in his putting ability. Do yourself a favor and get a blade/anser style putter.

If you can't afford a Scotty, I would go with a Ping Anser. I believe they are selling for under a $100. I have an old 1996ish Ping Ally (looks just like an anser) with no inserts, and that putter has just about as much feel as my SC #3.

The two main things to consider are hosel style/placement and putter length. Which one to pick depends on stroke, height, posture etc.

Just because you have a scotty doesnt mean he wants one or he is comfortable with one...Just choose something that you like, if you want a scotty go get one, if you dont, thats fine to, people on GR think that scotties are for everyone which there not, whatever you want go get it, dont listen to people telling you what kind of putter you should get just because they got one themselve
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

I don't know which putter fits me best. I know you folks on here usually have good advice. If a Scotty works well for me I don't have trouble with getting one. Who has one to lend to me

I am curious to hear more information on this topic, at least until the cold weather breaks. You can bet I will be trying several at the golf course to make my choice. I always have my current putter to go back on and that is fine with me too.

Ping Anser 3 putter
    Titleist NXT Extreme

Just because you have a scotty doesnt mean he wants one or he is comfortable with one...Just choose something that you like, if you want a scotty go get one, if you dont, thats fine to, people on GR think that scotties are for everyone which there not, whatever you want go get it, dont listen to people telling you what kind of putter you should get just because they got one themselve
    I think somebody is suffering from putter-envy. SFBs, did you completely miss the part where I also suggested the Ping Anser?

Let me try and explain this again. It is my opinion that blade/anser style putters work best. There are a lot of options out there for these style putters. I think SC makes the best premium blade putters (>$250), and I think Ping makes the best nonpremium blade putter (<$150). I like the Karsten series and the Circa 62 lines because I am not a fan of face inserts.

Scotty Cameron's = Most overrated putters ever made.

I have 2 of them I never use anymore. They just are not as good as my current gamer.

I really need to update my sig, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG
    I really need to update my sig, oh well.
    Please do. I'd be very interested in seeing what you play.
    TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Driver
    Alpha V5 16* Hybrid
    Orlimar H830 19* and 22* Hybrids
    Mizuno MX-19 4-GW
    Mac Tour Bounce SW OR Snake Eyes Viper SW
    Maltby Max Moment Putter

I used to use a Ping Anser style putter, but found I did better with the higher MOI, heavier putters. I went through the Bobby Grace Amazing Grace, the Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy, and now for the past 2 years I've been using the Heavy Putter B1. Each transition was an improvement over all prior putters I've used. The heavier weight of the "Heavy Putter" simply slows me down and smooths out my swing, and the center shafted configuration is ideal for a pendular straight back, straight through, arms and shoulders triangular stroke. The results are outstanding. When I miss from inside 5 or 6 feet, it's usually simply a misread of the green. The ball goes exactly where you aim it, even if I don't hit it exactly on center. There is simply too much weight in the head and shaft to twist the blade if I don't hit it exactly on center.
    You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to the best results I've ever had in a putter.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

LyleG:
    >>> Why not add weight?

Tungsten and corks, lead tape, back weights, plenty of options here. <<<

I thought of it but I want to maintain the aesthetics of the putter. I've never really experimented with much beyond lead tape but I'd hate to stick that on something as beautiful as a Napa blade.

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)

Yea I had a strip of lead tape added to the back of my Rossa as well as a slightly heavier shaft put in it. Its so silky smooth.
    TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Aldila VooDoo VS7 X
    Titleist 904f 17* YS-7+ X
    TaylorMade rac MB 3-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    Cleveland CG12 52*, 56*, 60*
    TaylorMade Rossa Kia Ma Daytona 1

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    I used to use a Ping Anser style putter, but found I did better with the higher MOI, heavier putters. I went through the Bobby Grace Amazing Grace, the Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy, and now for the past 2 years I've been using the Heavy Putter B1. Each transition was an improvement over all prior putters I've used. The heavier weight of the "Heavy Putter" simply slows me down and smooths out my swing, and the center shafted configuration is ideal for a pendular straight back, straight through, arms and shoulders triangular stroke. The results are outstanding. When I miss from inside 5 or 6 feet, it's usually simply a misread of the green. The ball goes exactly where you aim it, even if I don't hit it exactly on center. There is simply too much weight in the head and shaft to twist the blade if I don't hit it exactly on center.
    You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to the best results I've ever had in a putter.
    Im glad the Heavy Putter is working for you. I think heavy putters work good for short (<6') straight putts, but (for me) they seem to be lacking in the feel department. The feel on these putters seems to get worse the further I get from the hole. I hate putters that get a "harsher" feeling the further you get from the hole. I love the way a napa putter (true blade) has that same soft pure feel even on 50' putts. I've always equated feel with distance control. I like to "die" my putts at the hole, so speed control plays a huge factor in how well Im putting. Though I will concede that a heavier putter will help a player that struggles with handsy/wristy mechanics.

Scotty = Over rated golf bag jewelry.
    I have tried a couple Scottys & they didn't work any better than my previous putter...a Tour Edge or my current TM one. If you are good at putting you could use a 2x4 & do fine, no magical putter is going to transform your game.
    Driver: TM R7 425 TP prolaunch red
    3w: TM Burner
    5w: TM Burner
    3H: TM Rescue
    5-GW: Titleist AP1's
    52º: Cleveland 588
    58º: Titleist Vokey
    Putter: TM Imola Rossa.

TIGER WOODS COMES TO MIND....

yeah scotty's suck..

Omen

And whom claimed Scottys sucked?????
    The claim is made by myself that a putter is only as good as the person using it. Tiger could play just as well with a frickin K-Mart Northwestern putter.

It's the Indian not the arrow that makes the shot.

if it is solely the indian then why doesnt woods use a NIKE putter... why did he go from a ping anser to a scotty and stay with them for so long?

Scotty being overrated?

Most people spend more time and money trying to get the right driver/shaft combination then they do on their putter:

Geronimo aint killing **** with a crooked arrow... the arrow needs to be straight in order for the indians true potential to be realized.

we have one Macgregor: we dont need two.

Omen

Im glad the Heavy Putter is working for you. I think heavy putters work good for short (<6') straight putts, but (for me) they seem to be lacking in the feel department. The feel on these putters seems to get worse the further I get from the hole. I hate putters that get a "harsher" feeling the further you get from the hole. I love the way a napa putter (true blade) has that same soft pure feel even on 50' putts. I've always equated feel with distance control. I like to "die" my putts at the hole, so speed control plays a huge factor in how well Im putting. Though I will concede that a heavier putter will help a player that struggles with handsy/wristy mechanics.
    I've heard other people say they have trouble with long, lag putts with the Heavy Putter and other heavy weight putters. That has not been my experience. Like any new putter, it just takes a while to learn how hard to swing in various situations, but with an average amount of practice I found it to be a great lag putter, and I also use it frequently as a "Texas wedge" from just off the green if the fringe is short and smooth. Like everything else, "Do what works in your hands" is always good advice.
    I've demo'd countless putters, and I would heartily concur with the sentiment that Scotty Cameron putters did absolutely nothing for me that clubs of similar design couldn't do just as well, and for far less money. I remember several times going to a couple of golf shops with indoor practice greens (there's a large Golfsmith near where I work) and trying MANY putters over an hour or so. I'm glad some people swear by their Scotty's, but for me, they invariably lost in head to head competition with other "lesser" putters. I wanted to like the Scottys, but I couldn't make myself buy something that didn't work in my hands.

I couldn't care less what Phil, Tiger, Padraig, Loren Roberts, or anybody else has in their bag. That is absolutely the stupidest possible reason for buying a particular putter I can imagine, and I can imagine some pretty stupid reasons to buy a putter (the bling factor, color schemes, graphics, etc. etc.)
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

now everyone please dont infer that i am saying that scotty is the only good putter...i dont think there is a best putter, BUT SCOTTY IS ONE OF THE BEST PUTTERS out there

just like T.P. MILLS, Slighters, RJB's, Ping Anser's, and quite a few others.

I bought my scotty because it was the best feeling putter i'd ever hit. I love the feel at impact, it suits me.

Scotty Camerons go for 230 dollars and up. that's not outrageous....

Now had he said the putter covers were overrated, that i could agree on.

how can you justify spending 400 dollars on a driver but not 250 on a putter? WHICH ONE DO YOU HIT THE MOST... WHICH ONE DO YOU SCORE WITH? It's the most important club in the bag for crying out loud...

now if you buy a scotty just because its a scotty; THAT'S STUPID.... but if you find one that's great i dont see any reason why you should balk at 250 dollars.

my .02
    Omen

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    how can you justify spending 400 dollars on a driver but not 250 on a putter?

now if you buy a scotty just because its a scotty; THAT'S STUPID.... but if you find one that's great i dont see any reason why you should balk at 250 dollars.

Who the hell pays retail & actually coughs up $400 for a driver? Get em used for $100 or less.

Putter for $250? No thank you, not when damn good ones that work just as well can be picked up all day long for 1/3rd of that amount or less.

I paid 100 bucks for my scotty.

they can be picked up for much cheaper than retail if you are willing to look. Besides a scotty cameron if well cared for can be worth more than you paid for it, in time...

can you say the same for most drivers ?

didnt think so.

a decent shaft for a driver costs 100 bucks by itself... then theirs the clubhead, grip, and installation to be paid for. REMEMBER you cant just rock some random shaft, it's got to be properly fitted

if you are serious about your game you will get the putter that gives you the best results regardless of the price.

daveperk Guest
    I had an old Odyssey 2-ball bellylength putter sitting around, due to the unfortunate misalignment of my belly with the grip... that is to say, the grip would have to sink in several inches for the putter to be under my belly...

SO I bought a Heavy Putter and did okay with it... but then I thought, why not cut off a few inches and regrip that odyssey and make it work?

And it does. I really need a longer than 36 shaft, which just isn't on the shelves... until you get up to 48 and they're all belly then.

S I cut mine down to about 43 inches and the length is perfect. I can really hang over it and make pendulum strokes... I put on a wide grip and now I'm unstoppable, out of mom's basement, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    I paid 100 bucks for my scotty.

they can be picked up for much cheaper than retail if you are willing to look. Besides a scotty cameron if well cared for can be worth more than you paid for it, in time...

can you say the same for most drivers ?

didnt think so.

a decent shaft for a driver costs 100 bucks by itself... then theirs the clubhead, grip, and installation to be paid for. REMEMBER you cant just rock some random shaft, it's got to be properly fitted

if you are serious about your game you will get the putter that gives you the best results regardless of the price.

This is the key truth right here. Whether the putter which you know you would benefit from most is $40 or $400, if you truly wish to improve, you'll pony up - even if you putt best with a Scopy Cameron - you'll do it for the betterment of your game, if you're serious. You have to use it on almost every hole - it's probably the club you can really look at and say that it "defines" the player. That's how personal it is.

Those worms are on hooks, fishies.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Choosing a putter is going to be a very personal thing. You'll need to consider many factors before you can effectively narrow your choices down to a manageable list of putters that suit your approach and stroke, then what you choose from there will largely be a matter of taste.

What part of putting do you struggle with most? Distance control? Direction? Do you tend to miss a lot inside of 5 feet? Do you tend to frequently leave yourself too much mess to clean up after a poor lag putt?

If you struggle with direction on short putts the most, I suggest trying out some putters which are face-balanced. These will keep the putter more square on the short putts - so providing you can read break and aim, you should miss far less of the clean-up putts within 5 feet of the hole.

If you struggle with distance control, then a lighter, blade style putter will likely be of greater use to you than a larger, more heavy putter. To many players, the face motion of a heel/toe weighted blade putter enhances the feel for distance, helping you to leave shorter tap ins after a good lag which doesn't drop. The sound of the putter is also a critical factor in this, as one of the most overlooked cues which aids in distance control is the audible sound you hear when you strike a putt. Make sure the sound of the putter fits your ear.

If you have trouble getting the ball rolling, you should experiment with various lofts of putter to try to optimize your impact conditions and get the ball rolling as soon as possible. There are also inserts which are designed to reduce skidding even further, so a combination of the two may be in order.

If the path of your putting stroke is inconsistent, you may benefit from having a bit more weight in the putterhead, to increase swingweight and momentum, which will help you keep the putterhead moving along the proper arc.

With all of that being said, I do recommend the TM Rossa putters with the AGSI inserts. They're not hype - they're all business. They really do put a better roll on the ball than anything I've ever used.

Whatever you choose, just remember why you're buying a new putter. You want to make more putts, and the key to doing that is confidence. For years I used an old Fazer Tour Touch II anser style blade I picked up with a pro shop gift certificate I won in a tournament. I think it was $40, or something like that, but once I got used to it, it was probably the best 40 bucks I'd ever spent on my game. You may wind up feeling best about a putter of similar value. Don't let the name stamped on the sole or the cost of the club influence your purchase. Get something that fits your eye and gives you confidence, and simply works best for you.

Best of luck.

FON
    Hmmm ... what if you love your putter (Never Compromise) on good days and struggle with some or all of the above on off days?

IMHO I think it's the idiot holding the putter that counts most!

Quote Originally Posted by Twiceaces
    Putters and drivers are the two most changed out clubs in an ametures bag.
    Really?

My Never Compromise Speed Series 2 is the one club in my bag I NEVER think about replacing.

Same with my Cleveland Launcher Driver.

They've both been so good to me!

New fairway woods, hybrids and irons are the clubs I'm usually eyeing up!

I saw the "PING" part of the post. I would be ok with Ping. I just did not include that in my reply. sorry.

are you going to lend me your Scotty?

Ping Anser 3 putter
    Titleist NXT Extreme

well i just did the putter thing today - actually been looking for awhile. i have been trying them out at lunch for about 2 weeks and never looked at any price tag on any of them. i was keeping this opened minded and could care less about cost. i ended up w/ the new taylor made daytona 1 @ 34". the ping redwood anser came in second followed by the s.c. studio newport. the taylor made had the best feel and sound for me & yes i did try them out using the hxtour ball. i really went in thinking the s.c. was going to be the one. but after a couple weeks of putting, i felt i got my best results from the t.m.
    TM R5n 9.5 w/ speeder 757
    Titleist 15 deg. w/ speeder
    Macgregor M675 w/ dynamic gold s300's
    TM rac 52, 56, 60 gold wedge shafts
    tm rossa AGSI+ daytona 1

i kid around on here a lot but when it comes to putting there's nothing as personal...

you absolutely must have what gives you the best results... looks are irrelevant because if you made everything inside of 15 feet with a PING DOC... then you would be carrying a ping doc... i know i would: even if they wanted 500 bucks for it.

Omen

Mentor Sports V-MOI Maestro Centershaft
    Comes with 2- 15g, 2- 25g, 1- 50g & 1- 100g weights

Here today, GONE tomorrow!

>>> you absolutely must have what gives you the best results... looks are irrelevant because if you made everything inside of 15 feet with a PING DOC... then you would be carrying a ping doc... i know i would: even if they wanted 500 bucks for it. <<<

Truer words were never spoken.

That's why I carry a Probe 20/20 putter. Saw it in shop for about $170, thought it looked somewhat gimicky so I didn't bother to pick it up. 3 years later I went to a Sports Authority and was checking out the putters when I came across it again only now the sticker said ...$19.99! This time I picked it up and noticed that the head was very heavy but when I hit some balls with it, I fell in love. It's got great feedback but It's not that forgiving either. I asked the salesgirl at the register to scan it to make the price was correct and picked up all 4 that were on the display rack when I found out it was. Been using it for the last 10 years.

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)

All I can say is try the Scotty Cameron line of putters. I truly wanted to dislike them when I was in the market last year, but in the end, he makes a fantastic product that gets the ball closer to the hole.
    TM r5 TP Diamana 83
    Mizuno F-50 15*
    Cobra Baffler 20*
    Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
    Mizuno MP-T 52*
    Ping iWedge 56*
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Chrome 60* (pfft!)
    Cameron Circa 62 #2
    Mizuno Twister Staff Bag

My friend had a Ping Anser 3 that he can't play with. I plan to give it a go this season. I guess my decision was made for me.

Ping Anser 3 putter
    Titleist NXT Extreme

>>> My friend had a Ping Anser 3 that he can't play with. I plan to give it a go this season. I guess my decision was made for me. <<<

Don't close the book on this just yet. You may very well end up sending that thing to a watery grave if it doesn't work for you.

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original_2020_Putter.jpg 
Views:	1300 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	2037

isnt this just a SEEMORE; only uglier?

JK...

talk about looks be damned....

Omen

I am a Scotty basher too. I think they bare over priced and over rated. I've tried one next to my Teardrop and mine felt better.

I may be wrong, but I thought the old custom made Scotty's that gave him his reputation used to be made by Bob Bettinardi anyway, so since he left it stands to reason that the quality of the top end Scotty's has dropped. I haven't tried any of the Mizuno's Bettinardi makes, but I would hazard a guess they are fine puters at lower prices than Scotty's.

Scotty Cameron seems to me to be a businessman first, and a craftsman second. Bettinardi is a craftsman first and foremost.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

>>> isnt this just a SEEMORE; only uglier? <<<

Nope. Better looking.

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)

Quote Originally Posted by bladeduffer
    >>> isnt this just a SEEMORE; only uglier? <<<

Nope. Better looking.

bd
    Looks pretty functional to me. I've always been a fan of centre shaft putters
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

>>> Looks pretty functional to me. I've always been a fan of centre shaft putters <<<

I wasn't till I actually tried a few and really became one when I came across this bad boy. The only problem with this putter was that I polish the brass so I thought for a while that it looked somewhat gawdy. Nowadays, this thing looks tame compare with some of the monstrosities I people carry these days.

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)

Thread Information