|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

2008 Bag finalised, NOT Omen/NAH etc Safe

Right

Having messed and faffed about with various combos this is the final bag for this season (putters excepted, may be an Odyssey #9)

Driver

Hi Bore XL High Loft 16* - I hit it straighter than all my others and only 10 - 15 yards less. Hit 12 out of 14 fairways with it on Sunday.

Long irons

Cleveland Hi Bore Hybrids 2 and 4 iron. Dont really want too cuz i do like to think i can still hit my 3 and 4 iron but in truth cuz i cant practice i am just bollox at the moment. Plus since i dont have to practice as much this year that means more golf and less chance of another divorce.

Irons

6 - PW Mizuno MP 57,s. Really wanted to use the 695MB,s but i hit these SOOO much better and again dont need to practice as much

Wedges

Titleist 54 and 60* Oil Can Spin Milled (Thanks fred3)

Putter

Scotty Newport 2 OR Odyssey #9

And to stop Aussie twa ts like NAH whinging i have attached pics of my clubs, sorry for the quality took on a mobile and the 695,s were in the loft with shite lights

If you dont like them, tuff played on sunday and shot an 81 with them and thats good enough for me

Edgey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image017.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	2038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image018.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	2039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image019.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	2040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image020.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	2041  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by edgey; 03-05-2008 at 07:44 AM.
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

is the CG on that driver in PINK... guess so with that blimey PINK LOFT OPTION.

is there like extra points for headcovers in England?

love the hibore hybrid iron replacements.... sooo coooooolllll

nice bag

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Hi Omen

Soooo are you taking the pisss or what??

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

you dont put mitts on your hand when you play golf so why would you put them on your irons? Do your irons get cold?
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Right

If you dont like them, tuff played on sunday and shot an 81 with them and thats good enough for me

Edgey
    I'm surprised you are so happy about your score, 81 isn't exactly setting the course on fire.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

dear edgey... all of you with your long iron hybrids and your iron covers have hardened me so that i dont have violent nausea when i see them anymore... i probably should thank you since i am rarely made sick to my stomach anymore.

but seriously the iron covers are FLAMING YOU PHUCKING ****....

sincerly and with all due respect

Omen

I have no idea why people insist on putting iron covers on their clubs. If you are flying somewhere, then yes it is important to protect the grain flow forging but otherwise you just look like a jackass. Every single club in your bag has a headcover, it makes no sense. However, I like your choice of putter and irons. Even though titleist has new ones coming out.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

If you had SGI POS shovels like Ping or Callaway I could understand putting head covers on to hide them from the real men on the course, but why would you want to hide MP 57's behind tacky head covers? The only time your clubs get damaged from being knocked around is if you ride in a cart. And we all know that a real golfer using real golf clubs would never contemplate doing something as gay as that, so there is no real excuse for Edgey to have the covers.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Another vote for ditching the iron covers. When traveling, you just wrap a towel around the shafts and clubheads.
    Seriously, iron covers are the gayest thing to hit the market since drivers with 16 degrees of loft. C'mon, that a borderline 5 wood!
    Oh, and Scotty Cameron sucks, both as a person and brand of putter. I suppose your wedges are acceptable.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I can see using them if you're selling and buying clubs all of the time, but other than for travel or winter storage, it is kind of nerdy.
    TM r5 TP Diamana 83
    Mizuno F-50 15*
    Cobra Baffler 20*
    Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
    Mizuno MP-T 52*
    Ping iWedge 56*
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Chrome 60* (pfft!)
    Cameron Circa 62 #2
    Mizuno Twister Staff Bag

I just noticed that he is even trying to make his irons gay by putting regular shafts in them. Added to the faggot head covers and the 16 degree driver and hybrids, the overall look of the set is leaning towards super flaming gay.

I think if you want to put Mizuno irons in the bag you should afford them the proper respect. Mizuno forged irons should only come in stiff or extra stiff, and head covers are obviously gay.

P.S. I second HB's notion about the putter.

I dont see the point in iron covers.......all you do is end up losing them.....christ, if you go down in the lost and found at our club all it is, is iron covers.....
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Wink An excellent and fun set of clubs to play with . . .

El Diablo Driver 8.5* Stiff (Krank Golf)
    Tour Edge Exotics XCG 3 Wood 15* Stiff
    Tour Edge Exotics XCG Hybrid 3H 18* Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60 Rifle Project X 6.5 Irons 4-9 +2*
    Solus Wedge 47* 4.1 Series
    Solus Wedge 51*, 56*, 61* 7.1 Series
    Rife Two Bar Mallet Putter
    Titliest Pro-1x
    GolfBuddy Plus GPS

"Cleveland 54 and 60* Oil Can Spin Milled"

Strange. I thought it was Titleist that made the "spin milled" wedges.

Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    dear edgey... all of you with your long iron hybrids and your iron covers have hardened me so that i dont have violent nausea when i see them anymore... i probably should thank you since i am rarely made sick to my stomach anymore.

but seriously the iron covers are FLAMING YOU PHUCKING ****....

sincerly and with all due respect

Omen
    None taken, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I'm surprised you are so happy about your score, 81 isn't exactly setting the course on fire.
    On Sunday we had 40mph gusts with minimum 10 - 15 mph winds all day. That plus recently treated greens makes me feel 81 (9 Over) was a good score

I suppose the likes of you and Omen would have been drilling your 2 irons 240 yards into the wind blah blah blah bullsh*t bullsh*t bullsh*t

I accept i can only ever be half the man you are you big, butch studdlygoodfu*k you

Edgey

Edgy, you must have played at the same course as me! we had 25 mph with gust up to 40 and i was able to eek out an 85 so your 81 looks good to me. PS, i have a thread started about the vokey's and the CG 14's. did you by chance look at them?
    Driver: Clevland XLS, Aldila NV 65-S shafdt
    Long Irons :XLS 2(19deg) and 4 (25 deg) Hybrid
    Irons: Wilson CI-6 Irons
    Putter: Ody 2 Ball Putter
    BALLS: Bridgestone B-330S

Edgy, you must have played at the same course as me! we had 25 mph with gust up to 40 and i was able to eek out an 85 so your 81 looks good to me. PS, i have a thread started about the vokey's and the CG 14's. did you by chance look at them?

Wow.

2 and 4 "iron" hybrids, iron headcovers, 16* driver(???).

Well, enjoy.

bd
    Last edited by bladeduffer; 03-06-2008 at 09:22 AM.
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)
    Bag: Titleist SC-25

Quote Originally Posted by ericandleiza
    Hi

Thanks, where are you in the world to have such shite weather as we had on Sunday??

Did see your thread but have never used the CG14 so cant really compare. Has an tour Action that was good. Vokeys are Ok but a little heavy.

Edgey

Iron covers?!?!?!

DUDE!!!!!!

You can't call it a kilt now. On you, it's a skirt. And yes, it does make your butt look big.

So Alice, how are you enjoying your stay in wonderland?

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I thought I took bad pictures. *GLARE*

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

I accept i can only ever be half the man you are you big, butch studdlygoodfu*k you

Edgey
    Good. At least we've got that straight.

Hi

Thanks, where are you in the world to have such shite weather as we had on Sunday??

Did see your thread but have never used the CG14 so cant really compare. Has an tour Action that was good. Vokeys are Ok but a little heavy.

Edgey

I live in Kansas, it is always windy, a slight breeze here is 15 mph, windy is anything above 30.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Quote Originally Posted by TmacG
    I thought I took bad pictures. *GLARE*

TmacG
    You do.

Good to see you back mac!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by ericandleiza
    I live in Kansas, it is always windy, a slight breeze here is 15 mph, windy is anything above 30.

My sister lives in Great Bend. I'm hopefully gonna come up from Oklahoma this summer and play Cottonwood. Maybe we can get together for a round.
    TM r5 TP Diamana 83
    Mizuno F-50 15*
    Cobra Baffler 20*
    Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
    Mizuno MP-T 52*
    Ping iWedge 56*
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Chrome 60* (pfft!)
    Cameron Circa 62 #2
    Mizuno Twister Staff Bag

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TmacG
    I have no idea why people insist on putting iron covers on their clubs. If you are flying somewhere, then yes it is important to protect the grain flow forging but otherwise you just look like a jackass. Every single club in your bag has a headcover, it makes no sense. However, I like your choice of putter and irons. Even though titleist has new ones coming out.

TmacG
    The Iron Covers serve two purposes... One..They help protect the clubs during transportation to and from the golf course...They also help protect the clubs if the Dumb arse that forgets to tie them to the cart before he hits the gas and the clubs go flying...
    and Two...and most important... When you lay a club down next to the geen and your cover in the bag does not have a club with it, you will know right away and go back and retrive your iron... Last year, some idiot kept leaving his wedge by the green on at least 3 occasions during one round... On the 3rd time I told his buddy who went back for it...To tell him to lay off the Wacky Weed for the day......

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinph
    The Iron Covers serve two purposes... One..They help protect the clubs during transportation to and from the golf course...Two they also help protect the clubs if the Dumb arse that forgets to tie them to the cart before he hits the gas and the clubs go flying...
    and Three...and most important... When you lay a club down next to the geen and your cover in the bag does not have a club with it, you will know right away and go back and retrive your iron... Last year, some idiot kept leaving his wedge by the green on at least 3 occasions during one round... On the 3rd time I told his buddy who went back for it...To tell him to lay off the Wacky Weed for the day......
    Sounds like 3 purposes to me! LOL
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinph
    The Iron Covers serve two purposes... One..They help protect the clubs during transportation to and from the golf course...They also help protect the clubs if the Dumb arse that forgets to tie them to the cart before he hits the gas and the clubs go flying...
    and Two...and most important... When you lay a club down next to the geen and your cover in the bag does not have a club with it, you will know right away and go back and retrive your iron... Last year, some idiot kept leaving his wedge by the green on at least 3 occasions during one round... On the 3rd time I told his buddy who went back for it...To tell him to lay off the Wacky Weed for the day......

you are new so i will be as gentle as possible.

1: driving to the course: you should learn how to drive correctly
    2: falling off the cart: why the phuck are you on a cart?
    3: clubs left by the green: why are you missing the green? if you werent on the gay a.ss cart your bag would be right there and your club would have gone directly into the bag after you chipped/pitched/escaped hazard and before you grabbed your putter.

THERE IS NO ROOM/PLACE IN GOLF FOR IRON COVERS. the only exception.... if your clubs are forged and you travel ( fly ) with them... then, due to the baggage handling system, and only then would i consider iron covers remotely sensible.

Omen: this was gentle.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    you are new so i will be as gentle as possible.

1: driving to the course: you should learn how to drive correctly
    2: falling off the cart: why the phuck are you on a cart?
    3: clubs left by the green: why are you missing the green? if you werent on the gay a.ss cart your bag would be right there and your club would have gone directly into the bag after you chipped/pitched/escaped hazard and before you grabbed your putter.

THERE IS NO ROOM/PLACE IN GOLF FOR IRON COVERS. the only exception.... if your clubs are forged and you travel ( fly ) with them... then, due to the baggage handling system, and only then would i consider iron covers remotely sensible.

Omen: this was gentle.
    Agree with 1 & 2 but don't you occasionally miss the green and the next tee is adjacent to the green but you have to walk back to it so rather than lugging your whole bag over you put your bag down by the next tee and just grab your wedge and your putter?

I don't know how many times I have picked up a sand wedge left behind by a golfer ahead. Often they don't realise for several holes until they find themselves in a bunker and go looking for it. LOL

P.S. I am not saying that this justifies iron covers BTW
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information