|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/

Round Report 2009

JS, can you make this a sticky please?

I played my first round today with my new full-Tit bag. Shot 78. I fully expected to chop it up considering this is my second round of golf in over 2 months with 0 practice. Played pretty solidly from tee-green. I striped the driver and putted well, but my short game certainly showed I haven't played in a while. My chipping/pitching was terrible, & left me with some very unnecessary long putts that caused me a few bogies.

Christina Lecuyer from the Big Break Kaanapali was there on the practice green. For a Canadian, she' pretty damn hot in person as she is on TV.

Temp only got up to about 52* today. What's it like down in the big D dave?
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

It's twenty four degrees and windy here today. There's a bunch of snow on the ground. I think I saw a hot chick but she was wearing a winter parka ... I guess it could have been a guy?

You s u c k. I have weather envy in the worst way!
    Regards,

Puma

In the bag (Subject to change at any time):
    TM Burner driver
    TM Burner 3 Wood
    TM Rescue Hybrid 4
    Callaway Irons
    Cleveland CG12 52
    Cleveland CG12 60
    Odyssey Tri-Ball (Biggest, ugliest putter on the planet)
    Callaway HX Hot ball

I went out from my basement door not to negotiate the icy stairs. Nearly fell on my ass after one step. My beagle, even with four wheel drive, had a hard time staying up.

Then the little mf-er dragged me onto the beach where the wind made my face feel as though I'd gone quail hunting with Dick Cheney. His ears were blowing out horizontally like Dumbo, so after he did what he went out for, which was no easy task for me to pick up in those conditions, he mercifully headed home.

But if I had been able to get in a round of golf, today, I would probably have broken eighty. Not falling on the ice proved that my bio-rhythms were in synch.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick
    Then the little mf-er dragged me onto the beach where the wind made my face feel as though I'd gone quail hunting with Dick Cheney. His ears were blowing out horizontally like Dumbo, so after he did what he went out for, which was no easy task for me to pick up in those conditions, he mercifully headed home.
    I appreciate your metaphor, but I think Dick Cheney's stool would have been way harder to pick up.

I played eighteen today at True Blue CC. The temp averaged about 55 with a slight ocean breeze. I shot an 87 and was generally pleased with my play, no three puts and only one OB drive. My last two rounds were 97 and 101
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I appreciate your metaphor, but I think Dick Cheney's stool would have been way harder to pick up.
    Do they pick up in Orange County?

Is Prociutto Pines closer to Capicola Ravine or Mortadella Meadows?

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    JS, can you make this a sticky please?

I played my first round today with my new full-Tit bag. Shot 78. I fully expected to chop it up considering this is my second round of golf in over 2 months with 0 practice. Played pretty solidly from tee-green. I striped the driver and putted well, but my short game certainly showed I haven't played in a while. My chipping/pitching was terrible, & left me with some very unnecessary long putts that caused me a few bogies.

Christina Lecuyer from the Big Break Kaanapali was there on the practice green. For a Canadian, she' pretty damn hot in person as she is on TV.

Temp only got up to about 52* today. What's it like down in the big D dave?
    it was warmer here today beej, up over 70, but cold front coming through tonight will wreck golf for a few days.. but it was VERY windy also.. my course was empty... I walked it at lunch for some exercise, nobody out there, flags bent over in a hard south wind that always precedes a cold front.. :-(

nice round for no practice, though!
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Do they pick up in Orange County?

Is Prociutto Pines closer to Capicola Ravine or Mortadella Meadows?
    It looks to me as though they do. I don't have a dog but I constantly see people picking up dogsh!t off the sidewalks and putting it in little blue plastic bags. I imagine some of these people must have impressive collections by now.

How long have you been collecting? Is that why you got a dog in the first place? Is some of it rare and valuable? What sorts of things do you look for in stool to decide if you want to save it?

Those are some of my initial questions but I find your hobby fascinating and could have more questions later.

The members are kind of secretive about the actual location of Prosciutto Pines because they don't want more GR riffraff showing up.

The members are kind of secretive about the actual location of Prosciutto Pines because they don't want more GR riffraff showing up.
    This is an unnecessary concern. From what I can observe, the GR "contributors" are the type to only show up at clubs named after canned cold meats.

As for the puppy feces, believing that we collect it would be an easy misconception for the casual observer to cultivate.

Actually, we use it to transform the marshes into tillable soil where we grow organic veggie burgers for those clowns who ride by on bicycles wearing styrofoam helmets and spandex shorts.

As for the puppy feces, believing that we collect it would be an easy misconception for the casual observer to cultivate.
    You don't need to be embarassed. Whatever makes you happy. This is a safe place where it's rare anyone is ever judged by the other members.

In fact, one of our members collects condoms that have been used on him by his father. As nauseating as that sounds, he actually holds a position of authority around here.

I do make a point of checking the consistency--I'll admit that. A beagle with good bowel movements is a healthy beagle.

Pre-pubescent albino canadian moderator, as soon as your dad is done with you, can you make this a sticky please?

I did something I knew better than to do today -- I wasted 3 hours on the golf course. The weather today was sunny skies, but with Temps in the high 30s and low 40s with 15-20 MPH winds out of the North. My real golfing comfort zone is playing days with temps at least over 55 degrees. Anytime I have to play golf under 50 degrees, I have to wear about 3 layers of clothes to stay warm and my swing is constricted. I can't ever seem to get loose or warm which adds to the difficulties of swinging correctly. I wouldn't have played today at all if were not for my golfing buddies calling me and telling me they absolutely needed me to play in order to complete a game of wolf. Hell, we were the ONLY ones on the course today. I shot like ****.

Today was one of those days where I was reminded once again of one of the greatest golf quotes ever made from the movie "Caddyshack." Rodney Dangerfield said, "I should have stayed at home and played with myself."

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I did something I knew better than to do today -- I wasted 3 hours on the golf course. The weather today was sunny skies, but with Temps in the high 30s and low 40s with 15-20 MPH winds out of the North. My real golfing comfort zone is playing days with temps at least over 55 degrees. Anytime I have to play golf under 50 degrees, I have to wear about 3 layers of clothes to stay warm and my swing is constricted. I can't ever seem to get loose or warm which adds to the difficulties of swinging correctly. I wouldn't have played today at all if were not for my golfing buddies calling me and telling me they absolutely needed me to play in order to complete a game of wolf. Hell, we were the ONLY ones on the course today. I shot like ****.

Today was one of those days where I was reminded once again of one of the greatest golf quotes ever made from the movie "Caddyshack." Rodney Dangerfield said, "I should have stayed at home and played with myself."
    yeah if it's below 50 & windy i say f that and play golf on Wii.

Did I say in NAH's 'Things to work on in 2009' thread that I couldn't remember the last time I three putted? Damn me and my big mouth!

I shot 81 today with 9 pars, 1 birdie, 6 bogies & two double bogies but I'm really annoyed as I had two 3 putts and a 4 putt!!!

I was hitting sweet drives today and hit second shots long enough to reach a couple of par 5's but missed either left or right. On one of them I just lipped out with a chip for Eagle but made the birdie putt. On the other I hit a poor chip and had to settle for a par.

Excellent day for ball striking but some poor putting and average chipping let me down. Last week it was the total opposite, poor ball striking and good chipping and putting for about the same score, 82.

Hopefully one day soon I'll put it all together. A 76-77 would be nice.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I did something I knew better than to do today -- I wasted 3 hours on the golf course.
    Sooner invest in some under armor cold gear for those days where the temp is under 50. You won't have to bundle up as much.
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Did I say in NAH's 'Things to work on in 2009' thread that I couldn't remember the last time I three putted? Damn me and my big mouth!

I shot 81 today with 9 pars, 1 birdie, 6 bogies & two double bogies but I'm really annoyed as I had two 3 putts and a 4 putt!!!

I was hitting sweet drives today and hit second shots long enough to reach a couple of par 5's but missed either left or right. On one of them I just lipped out with a chip for Eagle but made the birdie putt. On the other I hit a poor chip and had to settle for a par.

Excellent day for ball striking but some poor putting and average chipping let me down. Last week it was the total opposite, poor ball striking and good chipping and putting for about the same score, 82.

Hopefully one day soon I'll put it all together. A 76-77 would be nice.
    Bummer about the putter, but congrats on the rest of the round. You sound like you're closing in on some good golf. Is this becasue of your new coach?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Sooner invest in some under armor cold gear for those days where the temp is under 50. You won't have to bundle up as much.
    He should PM Pro Status. He's a bit of a connoisseur of the arm warmers.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Bummer about the putter, but congrats on the rest of the round. You sound like you're closing in on some good golf. Is this becasue of your new coach?
    Well this round of 81 was an hour or so after my 1st range session with this guy. He was great, he identified a couple of faults and made a couple of minor tweaks to address them and had me flushing the ball within a few shots.

I then went out and had my best day off the tee in recent memory and was also nailing some good approaches. So yeah I have to credit the coach for the good ball striking.

I can only blame myself for the poor putting.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Well this round of 81 was an hour or so after my 1st range session with this guy. He was great, he identified a couple of faults and made a couple of minor tweaks to address them and had me flushing the ball within a few shots.

I then went out and had my best day off the tee in recent memory and was also nailing some good approaches. So yeah I have to credit the coach for the good ball striking.

I can only blame myself for the poor putting.
    Get a mental coach and a short game tutor as well. I have a stable of trainers, coaches, pilates instructors, etc. It's so liberating to be dependent on others for a game I play for recreation.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Get a mental coach and a short game tutor as well. I have a stable of trainers, coaches, pilates instructors, etc. It's so liberating to be dependent on others for a game I play for recreation.
    I left a message with Dave Pelz but he was busy but his secretary just told me to buy another 6 wedges and call him in the morning.

Seeing a shrink is also a definite possibility.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I left a message with Dave Pelz but he was busy but his secretary just told me to buy another 6 wedges and call him in the morning.

Seeing a shrink is also a definite possibility.
    He's at lunch. It will be awhile since he's having his usual. One whole cow carcass.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

He's at lunch. It will be awhile since he's having his usual. One whole cow carcass.
    Well the shrink can fit me in this afternoon and so I'll call Dave later.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Pelz is out of commission until after the breast reduction surgery.

Pelz is out of commission until after the breast reduction surgery.
    it will be a while too, because he's using the same surgeon as mickelson. he didn't get anywhere near enough from phil so he has to go back.

it will be a while too, because he's using the same surgeon as mickelson. he didn't get anywhere near enough from phil so he has to go back.
    Isn't it peculiar though? I mean, I love thinking about women's tits and the nipple which sits so tantalizing in the middle to cap off the perfect peak like a cherry on a sundae. But whenever you try to think about Mickelson's tits, which are roughly the same size or bigger than an average women's, it just makes you want to throw up. It must be the hair around the nipples. Of course, I've heard that you European guys kind of like your women to sport hair around the nipples, under the arms, under the lip, etc.

Of course, I've heard that you European guys kind of like your women to sport hair around the nipples, under the arms, under the lip, etc.
    is this true edgey?

is this true edgey?
    He said European not English. You need to ask Lorenzo or Not a German.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Beej, looks like you picked up a stalker. No guys, it isn't true.

And the only woman I ever ran into with hair on her nipples was from Oklahoma. Actually, it was Miss Oklahoma. In that neck of the woods, if she doesn't look completely like an ugly guy, it's Miss Oklahoma.

Women with hairy nipples isn't really that unusual. Likewise for girls hailing from the mediteranean area hairy legs, underarms, lip, back and sideburns is pretty much par for the course and nothing a good waxer can't fix. I would draw the line at eyebrows that meet in the middle though.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 01-12-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Beej, looks like you picked up a stalker. No guys, it isn't true.

And the only woman I ever ran into with hair on her nipples was from Oklahoma. Actually, it was Miss Oklahoma. In that neck of the woods, if she doesn't look completely like an ugly guy, it's Miss Oklahoma.
    Hey, that's not fair! She was Miss Oklahoma 2003 and it was only because they found out she had been taking steroids. They are lot stricter on drug testing now . . . .

When I first glanced at her I thought it was John Daly. But when I saw her crack nuts with her twat, I realized it probably wasn't.

Played this last weekend. 38*F and the ground was wet but not muddy. No bounce or roll unless you count backwards. Shot an 82. Not bad for the first round since converting my swing to one plane. I had one drive ob and an approach that found a watery death.

Played again today. I was striking the ball great. I hit 13 greens and shot a 78. I still having a problem with the driver coming across the line which is death for a one-plane swing. It's a carryover from my old two plane swing. I still had one OB drive that turned into a frosty on a par 5, two doubles, two singles, and three birdies. The one plane swing fills very natural. It will be interesting to see what the season brings.

Played nine at a short little local course Monday night. It was my goal was to shoot par but I f*cked up a little chip shot on the 8th hole for a double bogie and finished 1 over. 2 birdies, 1 bogie, 1 double bogie, 5 pars.

Then Tuesday night played my home course and shot 2 over for the front nine. Hit 6 GIR. 2 bogies 7 pars. I've never shot even par even for 9 holes but I came close last night. Just came up an inch short on a par 5 birdy putt and was 1 over on the 9th tee but hit a poor tee shot that settled at the bottom of a large tree on the par 5 ninth and finished with a bogie 6. Putting and iron play was back to it's best. Just hope I can keep this form going over a full 18 at the weekend.

Now where the f#ck am I?

All you warm weather people can eat a dick as far as I'm concerned.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

It was 80 degrees today without a cloud in the sky. I played well. Wish you were here.

It was 80 degrees today without a cloud in the sky. I played well. Wish you were here.
    That's great and all, but I just got out of a 2 hour meeting. Jealous?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Ahh...Clusterfuks. I sure don't miss those. But I did my share in times past.

Get over yourself Horse-Bollocks. In six months time the roles will be reversed. Although I'll still be playing at least once per week. But only on weekends.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Well I just finished a round at a decently hard course. Shot a 53 out, Normal 9 for me. Then I shot a lights out (for me) 43 in. Last hole was a par 5 with water right. I hadn't hit a fade all day so what do I do? Fade it into the water. Drop @ 275 out, 4 irons to 75 yds out. Leave my wedge short trying to get cute. Chip it past the hole and 2 put for a 7. Bah.

Huge confidence boosted tho. It was just a 96 but the 43 and my play really showed me I have the potential.
    Started golfing June-2008

Nike Sasquatch 9.5* w/Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
    Nike Sasquatch 15* w/True Temper SpeedStep Stiff
    Nike Slingshot OSS 18* w/True Temper Gold Stiff
    Mizuno MP 67 3-P, Project X 6.0
    Cleveland CG 14 52/10, +1"
    Cleveland CG 14 58/10, +1"
    Nike IC 20-20
    Taylormade TP Red

Are you lonely?[

Don't like working on your own?
    Hate making decisions?

Then call a MEETING!

You can:

SEE People
    Draw Flowcharts
    FEEL Important
    Form Subcommittees
    Impress your Colleagues
    Make Meaningless Recommendations

All on COMPANY TIME!

MEETINGS ...

THE PRACTICAL ALTERNATIVE TO WORK

Now where the f#ck am I?

I'm back!

Played a mid week comp at a local course today. Group 1 course, 6,000 metres from back tees (which were in play today). I shot 77 off the beater, 41 stableford points. This is on a course that has beat me up good the last few times I've played (the 88 which led to 'Now a Hacker' thread). I shot 1 under 35 for the front nine with one birdie and 8 pars, 6 up and downs from six and 12 putts. As usual, after the break I totally lost concentrarion and went double, double, bogie, bogie. But I got it together and parred the rest coming in, hitting all fairways and greens in reg and 3 lip-outs for birdie. The new Pershing shaft played like a dream. I could swing as hard I wanted and nothing went left. All straight or with a slight fade. And good distance too (average 230 metres into wind and 260 metres downwind wiht one drive down wind and down a steep hill falling 10 metres short of 322 metre par 4). The irons weren't particularly sharp but still ok, putting pretty good (30 putts). The real reason for the low score today though was was my play around the green. I got up and down from off the green 8 times today against 2 misses and none form two out of greenside bunkers (felt like concrete). The other thing I did well today was play smart. Every miss was in the right spot on the long side which led to all the up and downs.

Won't know if I won til tomorrow but I played the backnine first so my countback will be 24 stableford points, so it's safe to say it will take 42 or better to beat me. But winning isn't thebig thing, it was just fun to get out there and enjoy plaing some decent golf again.

P.S. Edgey, another reason I played well was that were no slopeheads in my group today. Just English speaking gentlemen who know the meaning of the words 'rules' and 'etiquette'.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 01-21-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Sounds like a great round. Great scrambling. I always get nervous when I start getting up and down that many times. I feel like I'm thumbing my nose at the golf gods and they are just waiting to smack me down.

Great round NAH. It's great when you finally put it all together like that. I had a day like that last week when I shot 76. I was hitting the ball well and putting well and when I missed greens I got up and down time and time again. Some days it all just comes together.

I'm inconsistent though. At the weekend I shot a miserable 88 & 85 on Sat & Sun. No particular area of my game was off. Just mediocre in all depts.

Sounds like you're loving your new driver shaft too. Now come on, be honest, is it really THAT good or is it just the honeymoon we all have with a new piece of equipment?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Sounds like a great round. Great scrambling. I always get nervous when I start getting up and down that many times. I feel like I'm thumbing my nose at the golf gods and they are just waiting to smack me down.
    The gods were just giving a little back after all the punishment they've dished out when I played that course in the past. And I got a mini smackdown at the turn with some horrendous lies.

And I just read the paper to discover I missed winning A grade by 1 shot.

Great round NAH. It's great when you finally put it all together like that. I had a day like that last week when I shot 76. I was hitting the ball well and putting well and when I missed greens I got up and down time and time again. Some days it all just comes together.

I'm inconsistent though. At the weekend I shot a miserable 88 & 85 on Sat & Sun. No particular area of my game was off. Just mediocre in all depts.

Sounds like you're loving your new driver shaft too. Now come on, be honest, is it really THAT good or is it just the honeymoon we all have with a new piece of equipment?
    I've read somewhere that most golfers have about a 10 shot spread between their good days and bad days so your score fluctuation is familiar to most of us.

Yesterday was my best round on a bona fide championship golf course in about 4 years.

The new shaft in the driver really was THAT good yesterday. Having said that, for some reason the course I played yesterday just suits my eye or something because all my best driving days have been there. I can't remember playing there and having a bad driving day. It's usually the second shot that gets me there.

It's back to the goat track on Saturday, so I'll see if the driver is kind to me there too.

I bet you know exactly which shot(s) you gave up to loose. Still one out, that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    I bet you know exactly which shot(s) you gave up to loose. Still one out, that's good.
    You can always reflect on a round and pinpoint shots here and there that cost you. But all in all I think the good breaks and bad breaks balanced out yesterday so I'm still happy with second. I would have loved to get the $40 voucher for first, but I was more interested in breaking 80 than winning. At least next time I play there there will be a ball for me to pick up.

Broke 90 for the first time..

Played at Huapai (Auckland, New Zealand) today. It is the third time that I played this course. The course is played at par 69 (slope:116, rating:67.9). I got 88!

Birdie: 1
    Par: 4
    Bogey: 7
    Double Bogey: 5
    Other: 1

My driving is pretty bad. Only hit the fairway 23.1%. Had to play under the tree a few times. Luckily the second shots went well most of the time. Putting total is 36. Had three 3-putts. That to me is pretty good. Also, got out of the sand twice with just one hit.

The main trouble today is when ball is below or above my feet. Didn't get the direction right. Also, next time, should leave the driver in the bag when playing short par 4 holes.

Oh, my brother hit a driver that went over 300m today. He couldn't find his ball, and I told him that it is next to the green. It is a par-4 315m hole. Pretty impressive. Though he played 116 today. hehe.

Overall, a very happy today.
    Driver - Cleveland Launcher 09 12
    4 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 17
    Hybrid - Mizuno FLI-HI CLK 20 23
    Irons - Mizuno MP-32 5-PW
    Wedges - Mizuno MP GW/SW/Cobra LW
    Putter - Mizuno Bettinardi BC1

I played my first round of 2009 last Saturday!

Here is my card and stats.

I made the site and we're having a four round member tournament for the first rounds of 2009. I'm off to a fine start in last place with my +4 Net score hehe. I would have gladly taken +2, but I doubled #18. Bummer finish.

At least I already have an eagle and in my first nine holes. Of course, that was a bounce back after hitting a 7 iron way over the green and to the fence on the hole before...probably the best swing of the day, but wrong club hehe.

You guys are welcome to join the little tournament if you haven't played yet this year. I'm in Salt Lake City, so I got an early start. It will be snowboarding instead of golf this weekend, though.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeOnRoad
    I played my first round of 2009 last Saturday!

Here is my card and stats.

I made the site and we're having a four round member tournament for the first rounds of 2009. I'm off to a fine start in last place with my +4 Net score hehe. I would have gladly taken +2, but I doubled #18. Bummer finish.

At least I already have an eagle and in my first nine holes. Of course, that was a bounce back after hitting a 7 iron way over the green and to the fence on the hole before...probably the best swing of the day, but wrong club hehe.

You guys are welcome to join the little tournament if you haven't played yet this year. I'm in Salt Lake City, so I got an early start. It will be snowboarding instead of golf this weekend, though.
    Nice program, Jim! +4 net gets you last place in the first round of the season? I'll be thrilled if I keep it with 10 of my handicap on my first round, whenever that will be.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Just played 9. The skies started to open midway through but we braved our way thourgh it. I was playing out of my mind so I wasn't about to quit. Had 11 putts including two longs snakes that produced roosters tails though the water on their way into the hole.

The skies cleared and it's beautiful now. But there's a damn upstream that had to release and I can't get out to play the back until the water subsides. I have a chance at a career best here and I'm sitting in the clubhouse posting and checking e-mail.

If I get to the point where I either need to get out or not finish the round, I might drop a couple of cars so I can avoid the water crossings and still play all the holes.

Another alternative would be to drive to the damn and find a way to get those damn guys to turn the damn water off.
    GR lives...

Just played 9. The skies started to open midway through but we braved our way thourgh it. I was playing out of my mind so I wasn't about to quit. Had 11 putts including two longs snakes that produced roosters tails though the water on their way into the hole.

The skies cleared and it's beautiful now. But there's a damn upstream that had to release and I can't get out to play the back until the water subsides. I have a chance at a career best here and I'm sitting in the clubhouse posting and checking e-mail.

If I get to the point where I either need to get out or not finish the round, I might drop a couple of cars so I can avoid the water crossings and still play all the holes.

Another alternative would be to drive to the damn and find a way to get those damn guys to turn the damn water off.
    Great 9 Zo. Hope you can stay loose and in the zone for the back if you get out there. It's not easy having an enforced break after a great nine. My best ever front nine (2 under) was ruined by an enforced break of 40 minutes waitng for a social group to hit off, then being stuck behind them for the back nine, resulting in a 5 over back nine. But that's waht you get for being a member of a crappy course who lets social groups play during competitions.

Sounds like you are playing a decent course so you won't have such distractions, so hopefully you can hold it together and tell us all about your career round.

Sounds tense--not unlike how my own course was redesigned by beavers.

Well, I got out, played 5 more holes, then got an "emergency" call from jr. and had to drive him around, then played the final 4. You can guess the rest of the story. I kept the feeling I had going for most of the next 5 but lost my chance at career territory the third time I went out and finished.

Good round, but not what could have been. Almost saved my chance at my personal record with the putter, but by the end of the day the greens were slower than ex-Pres. Bush.

Loving the new shafts. Hope I can play like this when things dry out.
    GR lives...

My best ever front nine (2 under) was ruined by an enforced break of 40 minutes waitng for a social group to hit off, then being stuck behind them for the back nine, resulting in a 5 over back nine.
    Well, that must have been maddening. It's amazing what can get in the way of a great round. At one point today, I had visions of driving up to the nearby damn and pleading with them to stop releasing until I finished my round. I figured if there was a golfer there I had a chance.
    GR lives...

In fifty plus years of golf, I don't believe I've never had only eleven putts on one side.
    I can't even imagine it.

I've alway been a better ball striker than scorer. Putting has always been the drag on my game.

Shame to hear about your finish Zo. I think you can take heart that there is no way anyone could have held it together with that many delays and disruptions. I just wish you didn't mention how much you like the shafts. There is a place over here that stocks those shafts and the ho inside of me is trying to tell me to go and give them a hit. But since you've mentioned them, how would you rate them stiffness wise next to DG? I feel like I could do with a shaft that is in between R300 and S300 for the longer irons and was wondering how the KBS rate.

It was more than a little similar to the preist playing in the rain in GR's favorite movie. No frogs, but when long putts skim across the surface of puddles and go in, there's a force greater than our own at play.
    GR lives...

Shame to hear about your finish Zo. I think you can take heart that there is no way anyone could have held it together with that many delays and disruptions. I just wish you didn't mention how much you like the shafts. There is a place over here that stocks those shafts and the ho inside of me is trying to tell me to go and give them a hit. But since you've mentioned them, how would you rate them stiffness wise next to DG? I feel like I could do with a shaft that is in between R300 and S300 for the longer irons and was wondering how the KBS rate.
    The gods were clearly having fun with me today. I was at their mercy.

It's hard to compare the stiffness to the DG-s even though previously it was all I played. The K-s are alot lighter and feel easier to load, yet they're more stable. You just have to get a fitting to really know how they work for you.

I wouldn't oversell the performance aspects of the K-s yet. It's a feel thing. There's something really fun about them in how they feel. And that seems to lead to a more relaxed, better tempo swing for me. But it's not as though they're more accurate, although trajectory is easier to control.

So the performance advantage, if there is one, is pretty subtle, almost like a confidence thing. But they clearly are fun to swing.
    GR lives...

So the performance advantage, if there is one, is pretty subtle, almost like a confidence thing. But they clearly are fun to swing.
    Did you get the grayish wedge shafts?

I can't remember the reason, but my clubfitter recommended the same shafts for the wedges as for the other irons.
    GR lives...

I can't remember the reason, but my clubfitter recommended the same shafts for the wedges as for the other irons.
    My driving iron came with a Mach Line shaft and my sand iron came with some cheapo shaft from NGC, but now I've got, like you, the same shaft in all of my irons.
    Aldila greenies.

The more I look at these new irons that I didn't need, the harder they look to hit. It was quite a step to take just because I didn't agree with the numbers stamped on the bottom of my Miuras (which I otherwise like very much).

Oh well, whether they become gamers or very expensive den decorations, I always wanted a set of unnumbered irons in lofts and loft increments of my own choosing. If I play the CGTs, I can carry two drivers including the short, hi-loft one. If I play the Miuras, it adds an iron to the same loft range and I'm back to one driver. In either case, a long time itch has been scratched.

I don't think that I've played irons that look anything like your ZOs for over forty years. I like a little bit of offset in the longer irons, probably just out of being accustomed to it by now, and as you still have your 3 and 4 irons in the bag, it's obvious that you don't. .

I hope you like the CGT-s. It would be very cool to play with unnumbered irons.

I would never in a million years have chosen no offset, particularly in longer clubs. The clubfitter thought it would work for me. Now that I'm playing them, I'm having a hard time understanding the offset concept because I don't seem to sense the difference between minimal and zero offset.

I developed enough trust in this clubfitter that I just let him point me in the direction of a few options and usually end up picking the one he thought I'd like. That's not all good. When I see him approaching me with that evil smile of his, holding a new club, he seems like a drug dealer to me.
    GR lives...

When I see him approaching me with that evil smile of his, holding a new club, he seems like a drug dealer to me.
    LOL - and you just gotta get your fix right?

Now where the f#ck am I?

It would be very cool to play with unnumbered irons.
    Well, I suppose after a poor shot, I can now slam my club down and mutter, "Goddamned spade mashie!" It wouldn't even matter if that were the right word. Who the hell would know?

Rubbernecking your bag, it's really no nonsense, isn't it?

10.5° driver. No silly 8.5° megalomania, although it would be a tad strong for my age-reduced arc.

Cool Sonartec fwy and brid. Too bad about them. The Royal Collection versions will now cost about twice as much.

Stunningly traditional irons. Hogan would play them.

And ROUND shaped wedges. Something we have in common. Scratch offers the same grinds in round, teardrop, and square, and I've got round as well. Vokey USED TO with its 200, 300, and 400 Series, but now they're all teardrop all the time. Cleveland did too with the old 588, 485, and 691 series. I KNOW wedges. I've chunked them all.

Couldn't play your putter, though. Nothing makes my bad putting worse than offset. Can't do Anser-style at all.

But that's a real no-drama bag.

Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 02-18-2009 at 06:09 AM.

The gods were clearly having fun with me today. I was at their mercy.

It's hard to compare the stiffness to the DG-s even though previously it was all I played. The K-s are alot lighter and feel easier to load, yet they're more stable. You just have to get a fitting to really know how they work for you.

I wouldn't oversell the performance aspects of the K-s yet. It's a feel thing. There's something really fun about them in how they feel. And that seems to lead to a more relaxed, better tempo swing for me. But it's not as though they're more accurate, although trajectory is easier to control.

The one thing I've noticed about the KBS's is they launch the ball much higher than my PX's. I'm kind of liking it though I haven't gotten a chance to play an actual round with them. It's pretty cool watcing my 5 iron go 9 iron height with no distance loss. Hell, I've probably picked up a few yards. I've been hesitant to try any knockdowns since all I've got is mats this time of year.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

The one thing I've noticed about the KBS's is they launch the ball much higher than my PX's. I'm kind of liking it though I haven't gotten a chance to play an actual round with them. It's pretty cool watcing my 5 iron go 9 iron height with no distance loss. Hell, I've probably picked up a few yards. I've been hesitant to try any knockdowns since all I've got is mats this time of year.
    Shouldn't the five-iron and the nine-iron and all the other irons reach pretty much the exact same height, the only difference being, how far down the road?

That's how it's always been for me. If a strong lofted iron can't reach the ultimate height of the weaker lofted ones, further away, of course, that's supposed to be the sign that you shouldn't play it anymore.

That was how it used to be, anyway. Maybe theories have changed with the new equipment. But I would estimate my own five and nine irons to reach the very same height.

Shouldn't the five-iron and the nine-iron and all the other irons reach pretty much the exact same height, the only difference being, how far down the road?

That's how it's always been for me. If a strong lofted iron can't reach the ultimate height of the weaker lofted ones, further away, of course, that's supposed to be the sign that you shouldn't play it anymore.

That was how it used to be, anyway. Maybe theories have changed with the new equipment. But I would estimate my own five and nine irons to reach the very same height.
    True, but it seems the 5 iron is "launching" like my previous 9 iron, not gradually getting there.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

True, but it seems the 5 iron is "launching" like my previous 9 iron, not gradually getting there.
    Is that the sort of ball flight you really want?

What are you going to do on a windy day?

Now where the f#ck am I?

I don't know yet. When I'm playing actual golf I flight the irons lower, but I've yet to do that because all I've got at the moment is mats on the range. I usually only would flight the 8 - LW where I'm actually shooting at pins, but now I may have to experiment with the other irons. Not on the mats though.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Play gin in the clubhouse?

I don't know yet. When I'm playing actual golf I flight the irons lower, but I've yet to do that because all I've got at the moment is mats on the range. I usually only would flight the 8 - LW where I'm actually shooting at pins, but now I may have to experiment with the other irons. Not on the mats though.
    You may find the ball flight lower on the course. I've hit very few ballooners with them so far.
    GR lives...

There is a big difference betwen a high launch and a balloon. I think that the KBS sound like they offer a better ballfight than the DG's. IMO low ball flight is overrated. To me nothing looks better than a towering long iron that goes forever and lands like a butterfly with sore feet, and it is a huge advantage when playing tricked up courses. I remember in the 80's before the distance revolution that one of Greg Normans biggest advantages over the rest of the field was the hegiht he got with his long irons. In those days pro's still had to hit long irons into greens and most just couldn't get it to stop on hard greens, particualrly if the pins were cut tight over a bunkers. His ball would just hang in the air forever and land soft anbd stop. It gave him a huge advantage over the rest of the field. I used to get that sort of flight (obviously not as good but my equivalent) with an old set of Powerbilts I had, but I got caught up in the low flight buzz and got rid of them and settled on GFF. I still like the piercing ball flight I get on a well struck shot with the DG S300's, but on reflection I think the higher ball flight gave me more carry distance and better stopping control on landing, especially with the long irons. I think a progressive shaft is probably best. If I get irons cutsom made I always go for a softer shaft in the long irons to get a bit more height. I think the optimum combination is high flight for long irons and heavier and stiffer shafts with the shorter irons to keep it down a bit as the extra spin with the shorter irons means you don't need it getting high to make it stop on the green.

Back on the topic of round reports, I had a shocker yesterday. I played a cahmapionship course near where I live, but the conditions were very soft after all therain we've had. I had trouble hitting good irons as I couldn't hit down on the ball without digging it in deep. But the main reason I sucked was that we spent the day waiting on each tee watching the choppers in front hunt around in the woods about 100 yards from the tee looking for their duffed tee shots. This happened on every single non par 3 hole and really got to me by the end of the day. to make matters worse one of the choppers wasn't picking up when he coudln't score on a hole. He was honestly taking 10 plus shots on every hole but would putt it out regardless. They lost 2 full holes and about 30 minutes on the guys in front of them, and had heaps of opportunities to call us through but stubbornly ignored us and kept chopping away. I honestly believe that for me it is impossible to keep concentration under those conditions, and I cannot rememebr a single good round of mine that didn't co-incide with a fast run with no hold ups.

But I did take something out of the day. I striped a couple of drives that went deeper than I've hit in a while. I hit one screamer that ended up in the middle of the fairway twenty yards past the fair way bunkers (about 260 metres). And it was from the back plates, into a strong wind and with not much run on the fairways. I'm looking for forward to a bit more sunshine and the courses firming up to see how far I can hit it.

Slow play in front of me bothered me the most for about the first four years after I quit smoking cigarettes in 1994. It took every bit of that time before I felt secure that I'd quit for good.

Slow play hadn't affected my game at all before that. If I was on a golf course, I wasn't in a hurry. I was working then, of course, and even if I were squeezing in an afternoon nine in front of the dark, I was cool about it. I just lit up and relaxed on either the tee bench or the cart.

Then, when I quit smoking, I found myself in much worse humor. What one has to remember is that everybody would rather play well than be scraping along. They're doing the best that they can.

Now, even without the cigarettes, I'm cool about it again. I'm playing at a private club now. That helps some. The club doesn't exactly play like Pine Valley. That helps some, too.

Maybe it's because golf was never my best sport. (Well, it's my only sport, but not the sport at which I ever performed at the highest level.) My attitude about it never changed from when I was an early teen jumping into my Uncle Sal's Cadillac, which smelled of leather, cigar smoke, and cologne, and going to play just for sh*ts and giggles.

Hey NAH, I had some KBS tours put in a set of mine. I got the stiff flex but wanted to have them in between DGS and DGR (I normally hit DGS), so the club builder soft stepped them twice. The results I'm afraid were not that great. They feel great to hit, and I'm not sure why, but I lost distance. I thought being a little softer I might be able to load the shaft better and pick up a few metres, but the opposite happened. They didn't really balloon but they were a little higher than the DG. After perservering for 4 rounds I put them back in the cupboard to wait for when I get older, they may work then. It was a pretty pricey experiment.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Back on the topic of round reports, I had a shocker yesterday. I played a cahmapionship course near where I live, but the conditions were very soft after all therain we've had. I had trouble hitting good irons as I couldn't hit down on the ball without digging it in deep. But the main reason I sucked was that we spent the day waiting on each tee watching the choppers in front hunt around in the woods about 100 yards from the tee looking for their duffed tee shots. This happened on every single non par 3 hole and really got to me by the end of the day. to make matters worse one of the choppers wasn't picking up when he coudln't score on a hole. He was honestly taking 10 plus shots on every hole but would putt it out regardless. They lost 2 full holes and about 30 minutes on the guys in front of them, and had heaps of opportunities to call us through but stubbornly ignored us and kept chopping away. I honestly believe that for me it is impossible to keep concentration under those conditions, and I cannot rememebr a single good round of mine that didn't co-incide with a fast run with no hold ups.

But I did take something out of the day. I striped a couple of drives that went deeper than I've hit in a while. I hit one screamer that ended up in the middle of the fairway twenty yards past the fair way bunkers (about 260 metres). And it was from the back plates, into a strong wind and with not much run on the fairways. I'm looking for forward to a bit more sunshine and the courses firming up to see how far I can hit it.
    There are times of the day and week when I can go out on my course and almost be guaranteed a 3.5 hour round. There are other times an almost 5 hour round is a certainty. The former is so much more enjoyable and conducive to scoring it's a completely different experience.
    GR lives...

I got in my first nine at the course across the street from work today. The snow is gone. I had five punches left from last year and just walked, so it was already paid for hehe.

I hit four fairway bunkers today and got a par on each of those holes. The 6th par 3 hole is killing me...no better than bogey in four rounds there so far. I bogeyed that one and had par on every other hole. I finished the day by missing a four foot putt for birdie on #9 hehe.

Here is the scorecard and stats on my site. This weekend will be a golf weather weekend "which is nice".
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smile

My first is on the green ,just five min,
    i now play with this golf set.golf clubs
    Irons: Taylormade R7 TP 4 - PW DG S300
    Wedges: Cleveland CG12 52/10*, Cleveland 588 56/14*
    Putter: Never Compromise Speed Control SC-3

birdie-birdie finish for today's 18 hole round (2nd 18 holes of season)

It was much warmer than expected...very nice day. The company was good...avid golfers that were waiting for the snow to melt.

I shot Even and 2 under my handicap. I'm no longer in last place in my web site's first rounds of 2009 tournament hehe.

The birdie on #17, a very long par 3, was my first on that hole. I hit a hybrid right at pin-high and made a four footer. I fnished the day with a longish downhill putt on #18 for bird...just kind of fell in from the side door.

Here is the card with lots of stats.
    -

I obviously can't play with anybody on this website.

I think I'll stop reading this thread.

I obviously can't play with anybody on this website.

I think I'll stop reading this thread.
    It's a round report thread...who cares what other people scored anyway? People like to hear about a cool "new" course or just something that happened during a round like making a long chip in or taking the money from your friend after he missed a three foot putt on #18 hehe. Maybe you won a $100 skin in a men's league tournament...that kind of thing.

In general, forums just don't work very well. I recently stopped using another forum that I frequented since 2005. Forums are a strange thing. People posting messages that mostly go ignored and the person posting usually doesn't care. I know I wasted a lot of time with them especially on my own web site...I took the forums down on my site after three years.

Everything is better with pictures. Bring your camera. ;o)
    -

Quote Originally Posted by igolfyoo
    My first is on the green ,just five min,
    i now play with this golf set.golf clubs
    Irons: Taylormade R7 TP 4 - PW DG S300
    Wedges: Cleveland CG12 52/10*, Cleveland 588 56/14*
    Putter: Never Compromise Speed Control SC-3

That is some shameless spamming right there. What is this the 3rd reference to that site?

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

bad day at the office yesterday

I'm usually reliable with the driver, but I hit some ugly drives. The majority of my drives were left. I only hit four drives down the middle and didn't have any on the front until #8. I played there last weekend and hit 15 greens. I only hit 8 this time.

Worse than the driving was the putting. I just couldn't make anything and it looked like the greens hadn't been cut lately. We had snow the morning before. I must have missed at least five putts within five feet.

I hate shooting 80's and was +9 through 15 after missing the par putt inside 3 feet. So, I was just trying to break 80 at that point. I drove down the middle and hit a 60 degree wedge pin-high then barely missed on the low side (pulled it a little). I drove down the middle again and hit another 60 degree wedge a little long then made a good downhill putt. I nearly had back-to-back birdies on the long 17th par 3 and hit a hybrid about 20 feet past and left it on the front door downhill (half inch short). So, I had to birdie #18. I hit a hybrid a little right that hit the path and ended up next to the path. I hit a 5 iron from a bad lie after the drop. I hit a PW out of another bad lie (muddy fairway) which came up short and right a little. I had to putt it in from off the green and 60 feet away and missed it within a foot. 80 for my 3rd 18 holes of 2009. 72 there last week.

scorecard

So, +6 Net in my 3rd round for my site's opening 2009 tournament. Looks like next-to-last place hehe.
    -

Last three days have been too cold and windy to play, but last Thursday, I went out by myself and played about 50 holes on a day that got up in the high 70s here in Oklahoma. I needed to concentrate on my short game and I was practicing, so I played one ball for the first couple of shots and dropped down two balls for my chipping and putting. My approach shots are improving as I have learned to open up the 58* degree Vokey wedge and control the distance a bit better.

got to play twice this weekend before the sunday snow reached us. i must say i'm very pleased with my game. i've played 3 rounds this year, all under 80. i switched to a 9.5 905R w/ the aldila NV 65 & i'm striping it. i had never tried this shaft in a driver, but damn it's straight as an arrow for me. so far nothing more than a 5 yard fade or dead straight. the low trajectory is nice in this wind too. hopefully after the honeymoon, we can still get along. no damn thriver she-male thingie for me, thanks.

Congrats, BJ. That's great particularly considering how little you've been able to play.

And I've decided to take my 905R and re-shaft it with a Fujikura Motore. I liked the R with the stock GD YS6 in it. Doing the re-shaft will enable me mess around with the Motore and give me a chance to put the R back in play at times.

The crazy thing is I'm absolutely loving the D3, but what's wrong with having options?
    GR lives...

yeah, i'm not even going to demo the 909 models, cause it will tempt me i had the ys-6 in a 10.5, but it still got too high for me. i think i've nailed it with this combo. i haven't practiced anything but my putting, so my wedge play has been suprisingly good.

my choke of the day belongs to my round on Friday. i hit a 6i to about 4 feet on a par 3 (ball mark was about 4 inches from the hole) then horribly missed the left-to-righter for birdie. sh.it like that makes me want to quit this stupid game. sergio has nothing on me.

got to play twice this weekend before the sunday snow reached us. i must say i'm very pleased with my game. i've played 3 rounds this year, all under 80. i switched to a 9.5 905R w/ the aldila NV 65 & i'm striping it. i had never tried this shaft in a driver, but damn it's straight as an arrow for me. so far nothing more than a 5 yard fade or dead straight. the low trajectory is nice in this wind too. hopefully after the honeymoon, we can still get along. no damn thriver she-male thingie for me, thanks.
    Somebody was giving me **** about the NV 65 as being too damn wimpy about a week ago. It is good to see that someone else is verifying that I know my shite . . . .

Somebody was giving me **** about the NV 65 as being too damn wimpy about a week ago. It is good to see that someone else is verifying that I know my shite . . . .
    that shaft is anything but whimpy.

Agreed. It's pretty tip stiff for an OEM shaft.

Except for Tiger, everybody misses short putts every now and then. It's the expectation of making it that effs with you.
    GR lives...

I was referring to the OEM production line VS Proto 65 not being a real deal VS Proto like the aftermarket ones. The 65 is only available as an OEM stock shaft, and it stands to reason that OEM's would not be putting a $200 shaft in a $275 driver. I have hit a driver with a genuine VS Proto 80 and it felt way better than the 65 in mine (til I swapped it out for a Pershing 75 S which is the ducks nuts).

I did not mention the NV65 as it is a very different shaft to the VS Proto, but now you have brought it up I have found the NV65's to be crap shafts and even worse than the OEM standard VS Proto.

Speaking of driver shafts, this is the shaft being installed in my 905R driver head almost as we speak (type?).

http://www.fujikuragolf.com/2009/motore.html

It has SwingSynctm Methodology and H.I.T. technology. The tip of the shaft is supposed to be much smarter than my own. I know that isn't all that impressive.

Tomorrow we'll see what it does on the course. So my drug dealer has struck again. BJ, did you go cold turkey, or did you do a 12 step program or something?

I swear though, this is my last completely unecessary equipment purchase.
    GR lives...

Speaking of driver shafts, this is the shaft being installed in my 905R driver head almost as we speak (type?).

http://www.fujikuragolf.com/2009/motore.html

It has SwingSynctm Methodology and H.I.T. technology. The tip of the shaft is supposed to be much smarter than my own. I know that isn't all that impressive.

Tomorrow we'll see what it does on the course. So my drug dealer has struck again. BJ, did you go cold turkey, or did you do a 12 step program or something?

I swear though, this is my last completely unecessary equipment purchase.
    pretty much, i love the NV 85 in my 503, so i thought i'd try the 65 in my driver and that's it. nah can knock it all he wants, but when i hit 13/15 fairways in my first 2 rounds with it, it's hard to argue with results. usually when people knock the 65, it's because it played too stiff or gave them too low of a ball flight. it's not for everyone.

I shot a 74 from the tips at Castle Pines on Sunday. Almost 7500 yards. I was hitting 160 yard pitching wedges with regularity and had at least 5 300 yard drives. Chipping/pitching was very suspect and accounted for 4-5 strokes where I was pitching it over the green on a fly from the fringe.
    We finished the round in just under 1.5 hours. This is going to kill my handicap.
    I guess I should mention it was indoor golf.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

pretty much, i love the NV 85 in my 503, so i thought i'd try the 65 in my driver and that's it. nah can knock it all he wants, but when i hit 13/15 fairways in my first 2 rounds with it, it's hard to argue with results. usually when people knock the 65, it's because it played too stiff or gave them too low of a ball flight. it's not for everyone.
    That is one of the reasons I play the 13* head in mine.

From where I sit, it's pretty hard to imagine that anyone is playing golf.

It's colder than Ann Coulter's (micro) ti ts over here.

I shot a 74 from the tips at Castle Pines on Sunday. Almost 7500 yards. I was hitting 160 yard pitching wedges with regularity and had at least 5 300 yard drives. Chipping/pitching was very suspect and accounted for 4-5 strokes where I was pitching it over the green on a fly from the fringe.
    We finished the round in just under 1.5 hours. This is going to kill my handicap.
    I guess I should mention it was indoor golf.
    So indoor golf has strong similarities to internet forum golf. For a while there I thought I had inadvertently gone into the review section and was reading a review from a 90's shooter.

I had 17 putts in today's 18 hole round. I did it with my eyes closed. Come to think of it, it was really dark, too.

Impressive.
    -

Thread Information