|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Cheap whiskey?

Cheap whiskey?

Anybody know of a good cheap whiskey. My latest stock ran out... had about 2 liters of Crown and a liter of Knob Creek. Went to the liquor store and just couldn't bring myself to spend $30 on some Jack. What are all these homeless guys drinking?? can't be expensive? I just need a couple straight shots and then a couple beers and I am good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickw
    Anybody know of a good cheap whiskey. My latest stock ran out... had about 2 liters of Crown and a liter of Knob Creek. Went to the liquor store and just couldn't bring myself to spend $30 on some Jack. What are all these homeless guys drinking?? can't be expensive? I just need a couple straight shots and then a couple beers and I am good.
    When I first read this title, I assumed this was going to be a spam post.......

I can only recommend drinking about a gallon or two of antifreeze. Ethylene glycol is very similar chemically to ethanol. After your kidneys shut down and you go blind, you won't care about your problems any more.....
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Well not particularily fond of anti-freeze... I just prefer to drink a little whiskey and a couple of beers instead of a six pack... so I don't wake up in the middle of the night with my bladder about to explode. I figured you guys would be experts on liquor.

Rich and Rare is cheap and pleasant to the palate. I prefer Jameson Irish Whiskey though for mixing and Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey for drinking straight which I don't do much. I enjoy a good whiskey and coke at night before going to bed to unwind. I don't enjoy hangovers and throwing up though so I never get drunk.

I don't know about the prices over there, but here in Oz the cheapest bourbon whiskey that is still ok to drink is Rebel Yell. I only like JD when it comes to your whiskeys, but my buddies who drink Bourbon all rate Rebel Yell a good drop for the money.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I prefer johnny walker whiskey! It has a special flavour!

"Is your net worth even a million dollars??... jeez I am 26 year-old and have that. "

From our cheap whiskey seeker on another thread.

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick
    "Is your net worth even a million dollars??... jeez I am 26 year-old and have that. "

From our cheap whiskey seeker on another thread.
    Most millionaires I know are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    Most millionaires I know are cheap.
    Are they incredibly stupid, too?

Are they incredibly stupid, too?
    Nifty... this really isn't the thread for you... you seem like more like a Smirnoff Ice kind of puss.

I tried Rich and Rare... it had a funky aftertaste. Tried some "kentucky gentleman" as well... it wasn't half bad... wasn't quite as smooth as Rich and Rare, but damn it was cheap.

First, $30 is cheap for a fifth. Second, I doubt homeless are concerned about good. Btw, jack sucks. It's mass produced crap.

Yeah... $30 isn't cheap.... $15 for a half gallon is cheap.

Yeah... $30 isn't cheap.... $15 for a half gallon is cheap.
    What a sorry f*cking putz this kid is.

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    I quite enjoy your reading your opinions and thoughtful commentary on the various subjects on this board. It's a shame Rickw has brought out the worse in you, although it is mildly entertaining to see the various levels of name calling escalate.

We all know he's young and clueless and doesn't have enough smarts to keep a discussion/disagreements witty and intelligent. Don't waste your time.

As for the whiskey...there are so many types that I don't think you can talk and lump them into the same conversations. Rye whiskey (like crown royal, Canadian Club, Gibsons) are completely different from say Scotch Whiskeys.

If all you are looking for is something to get you wasted for cheap I suggest a having a straight vodka enema. Apparently you need a quarter of the booze to get twice as intoxicated.
    Last edited by Riverologist; 03-14-2009 at 03:27 PM.

If all you are looking for is something to get you wasted for cheap I suggest a having a straight vodka enema. Apparently you need a quarter of the booze to get twice as intoxicated.
    And the taste can't be beaten.......in fact, perhaps it could be recycled for someone who wants REALLY cheap alcohol.......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I quite enjoy your reading your opinions and thoughtful commentary on the various subjects on this board. It's a shame Rickw has brought out the worse in you, although it is mildly entertaining to see the various levels of name calling escalate.

We all know he's young and clueless and doesn't have enough smarts to keep a discussion/disagreements witty and intelligent. Don't waste your time.

As for the whiskey...there are so many types that I don't think you can talk and lump them into the same conversations. Rye whiskey (like crown royal, Canadian Club, Gibsons) are completely different from say Scotch Whiskeys.

Hey! I may be young, but damn if I don't have more common sense than 95% of americans.

Wow... is that your Harvard education kicking in?

But your still ignorant. Read some books, travel, and open your mind. If you want rotgut whiskey why not ask the homeless in your area? I personally wouldn't know, or want to know, which cheap whiskey tastes the best; they'll still taste like crap.

Hey! I may be young, but damn if I don't have more common sense than 95% of americans.
    I did the math, Rick, and sorry to disappoint you, but it's only 3.2%, the same as low alcohol beer. I'm willing to bet low alcohol beer doesn't know it's low alcohol, either.
    Last edited by lorenzoinoc; 03-15-2009 at 07:51 AM.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I did the math, Rick, and sorry to disappoint you, but it's only 3.2%, the same as low alcohol beer. I'm willing to bet low alcohol beer doesn't know it's low alcohol, either.
    Yeah I guessed one shot equals one beer... but it takes about 10 seconds to drink 2 shots and it takes me about 30-60 minutes to drink a couple beers... plus I don't wake up in the middle of the night having to take a piss.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    But your still ignorant. Read some books, travel, and open your mind. If you want rotgut whiskey why not ask the homeless in your area? I personally wouldn't know, or want to know, which cheap whiskey tastes the best; they'll still taste like crap.
    I do read lots of books, mostly financial, self-improvement, and history not that fine arts shitt... but I am saving the traveling for my later life... now is the time to work hard and build wealth so when I have kids I can enjoy them and invest in there lives.

I am not a whiskey connisour, it all tastes like crap to me, but a couple shots relaxes me and knocks me out when I hit the bed. I was just trying to get some advice to get the most bang for my buck.

Being 52, spent 4 years in the army, lived in different parts of the country and worked my whole life,I would have to agree with Nifty on this one and I don't have a college education.

If you don't like the taste of whiskey and all you want is a buzz then I wouldn't waste the money on whiskey. I would switch to Vodka then. There are many out there that are very reasonable tasting and price.

Thread Information