|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Information on Thrivers II

It sucks that the 1st thread was closed down just because it went way off course on gay vs homphobes vs science vs research vs evolution vs creationism.

I'm not taking sides here but I found it amusing that Golfaholic chimed in AFTER the thread was closed (as only another mod can) and absolutely ripped into his fellow mod Pingman.

Seeing our two mods go toe to toe would have been a doozy!

I'd like to know which one SoonerBS would fade?

As I said it sucks that the 1st thread was closed down as there was some valuable, informative and robust debate about Thrivers going down!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Big up to ya Kiwi

I cant believe that Pinkman69 (Corrected) shut my Thriver thread down based on the fact that after he threadjacked it he was outed as a biggoted punk and another mod laid into his closed minded arse (thanks Kiwi), outrageous!

That was one of the great GR threads, over 100 replys, lots of great golfing debate and we again managed to nail Pinkman69 for the biggoted punk he is. Glad to see you have started another one, well done.

Just to keep it on golf i now have 4 Thrivers (This should be TM to me really) at home: -

2 x Cleveland Hi Bore XL 16*, 1 with a DG S300 and 1 with a DG SL R300

&

2 x Adams. 1 x BUL5000 HL with DG SL R300 and 1 Adams Redline HL with DG S300

I am also looking at doing a Sooner and picking up a Nike SQ5900 16*.

GOD I LOVE THRIVERS...........

Edgey
    Last edited by edgey; 02-19-2009 at 09:51 AM.
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

no im not even going to respond to JS's comments... i think ive said what i need to and what i believe... i just think its funny how i get yelled at and jumped all over for my beliefs but thats ok...

NOW i have a feeling this thread isnt gonna last long so lets talk about golf now....

Vegas has just set the lines on this debate:

Pingman +115 vs. Golfaholic -105

I may have to go with the dog here. I was born and raised in Oklahoma, we're suppose to be narrow minded on liberal issues. But, as Forest Gump use to say, "That's all I have to say about Thaaaat."
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I've always hated the overuse of the words irony and ironic.

I can remember watching baseball on TV, Vin Scully would say to Joe Garagiola,

"Isn't it ironic, Joe......", and I'd scream at the TV,

"That isn't irony, assh*le, that's coincidence!"

But a few weeks ago, Golfaholic and I got into it because I thought that this website was disgraceful in its blatant homophobia!

See the irony there? I'm defending thrivers when I've never hit mine outdoors yet!

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick
    I've always hated the overuse of the words irony and ironic.

I can remember watching baseball on TV, Vin Scully would say to Joe Garagiola,

"Isn't it ironic, Joe......", and I'd scream at the TV,

"That isn't irony, assh*le, that's coincidence!"

But a few weeks ago, Golfaholic and I got into it because I thought that this website was disgraceful in its blatant homophobia!

See the irony there? I'm defending thrivers when I've never hit mine outdoors yet!
    I live in a 20+ yr old house in VA. I had to replace my washer, dryer, fridge, and ac/heat pump/air handler last year. Everything I bought was considered energy star. Can I write any of this $hit off my taxes?
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I live in a 20+ yr old house in VA. I had to replace my washer, dryer, fridge, and ac/heat pump/air handler last year. Everything I bought was considered energy star. Can I write any of this $hit off my taxes?
    You certainly wouldn't be stepping on my toes if you did, Purist.
    What color is the new ice box?

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    no im not even going to respond to JS's comments... i think ive said what i need to and what i believe... i just think its funny how i get yelled at and jumped all over for my beliefs but thats ok...

NOW i have a feeling this thread isnt gonna last long so lets talk about golf now....
    A little advice: Use college to figure out what the hell is going on. You're in danger of getting stuck in that Don't Know What I Don't Know stage for the rest of your life.
    GR lives...

You certainly wouldn't be stepping on my toes if you did, Purist.
    What color is the new ice box?
    Its chrome, but not real chrome. Its the synthetic fingerprint proof chrome.

I was going to write something about irony, but I got sidetracked. I wasn't trying to bust balls. I really want to know if I can write any of these energy star items off my federal taxes. Its probably a mistake, but I like to do my own taxes (well I don't know if "like" is the right word).
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I was going to write something about irony, but I got sidetracked. I wasn't trying to bust balls. I really want to know if I can write any of these energy star items off my federal taxes. Its probably a mistake, but I like to do my own taxes (well I don't know if "like" is the right word).
    I wish I could help. Some Greek kid does my financial stuff, and his female cousin does my taxes. Cute albeit chubby.

Here you go.

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...pr_tax_credits

If you're going to do your own taxes, you should at least have software that prompts you on questions like this and then walks you through it.

Irony is having an unemployed italian immigrant giving you tax advice.
    GR lives...

Pinkman

Back on topic, have you built that Thriver yet?

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    I cant believe that Alcholic shut my Thriver thread down based on the fact that it was threadjacked by another mod, outrageous!
    Correction Edgey. Pingman shut it down. Golfaholic chimed in later.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Big up to ya Kiwi

I cant believe that Alcholic shut my Thriver thread down based on the fact that it was threadjacked by another mod, outrageous!

That was one of the great GR threads, over 100 replys, lots of great golfing debate and we again managed to nail Pinkman69 for the biggoted punk he is. Glad to see you have started another one, well done.

Just to keep it on golf i now have 4 Thrivers (This should be TM to me really) at home: -

2 x Cleveland Hi Bore XL 16*, 1 with a DG S300 and 1 with a DG SL R300

&

2 x Adams. 1 x BUL5000 HL with DG SL R300 and 1 Adams Redline HL with DG S300

I am also looking at doing a Sooner and picking up a Nike SQ5900 16*.

GOD I LOVE THRIVERS...........

Edgey
    Geez Edgey

How many do you need mate???

I guess it just goes with the club Ho territory.

Or are you just doing it to wind up Camp Freddy since he thinks Thrivers are Gay?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Correction Edgey. Pingman shut it down. Golfaholic chimed in later.
    Thanks Mate

Reply amended

Edgey

Geez Edgey

How many do you need mate???

I guess it just goes with the club Ho territory.

Or are you just doing it to wind up Camp Freddy since he thinks Thrivers are Gay?
    Hi

As a self confessed club Ho you cant have too many Thrivers mate. They all play slightly differently as well.

Really pisses Camp Freddy off, he thinks i must be a closet queer

Edgey
    Last edited by edgey; 02-19-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Yes you have said what you believe in, all to much. This isn't the first thread(the other one) that has turned into a "My name is Pingman, I hate gay people and believe they should have no rights and be killed" thread.

Maybe if you didn't talk about your beliefs so much, and try to prove to everyone on a golf board that you're not gay, you wouldn't get "jumped all over."

FOOL.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Yes you have said what you believe in, all to much. This isn't the first thread(the other one) that has turned into a "My name is Pingman, I hate gay people and believe they should have no rights and be killed" thread.

Maybe if you didn't talk about your beliefs so much, and try to prove to everyone on a golf board that you're not gay, you wouldn't get "jumped all over."

FOOL.
    The worst part is, nobody really cares if he's gay. We don't even know if he's cute.

I think that the Nakashima Htec head is a good place to start in considering a thriver.

This Pingman situation is very disturbing. We all joke around that golf clubs are gay, and Pinger calls us 8th graders, yet he's the guy who was brought up to hate gays and not even be concerned that he's a bigot. It's quite clear that we are poking fun while Pinger is dead serious. It's this kind of thinking that has hijacked conservatism in the US and grouped the rest of us with the nutjobs out there. It's amazing that yet another generation of Americans is getting the Pingman treatment from their schools, churches and parents.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I think that religion/politics can get a bit out of hand on this forum. It has before. But in this case I think the discussion is ok. Anything is better than talking about goddam thrivers!!!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    It's this kind of thinking that has hijacked conservatism in the US and grouped the rest of us with the nutjobs out there.
    Would that such were the only considerations that cause conservatives to be grouped with other nutjobs!

I know that I'm not the only "Power to the Proletariat" guy here, but sometimes it seems like I'm the only American one.

While the clubhead is the key component, don't underestimate the importance of choosing the right thriver shaft.

Would that such were the only considerations that cause conservatives to be grouped with other nutjobs!

I know that I'm not the only "Power to the Proletariat" guy here, but sometimes it seems like I'm the only American one.

While the clubhead is the key component, don't underestimate the importance of choosing the right thriver shaft.
    I refuse to be pulled into a political discussion on a golf board (again), Nibbler.
    Thrivers, while gay by definition (inclusion in edgey's bag), have other merits that shouldn't be discounted. You get to play from the women's tees which should help out quite a bit on par 3's.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I refuse to be pulled into a political discussion on a golf board (again), Nibbler.
    Thrivers, while gay by definition (inclusion in edgey's bag), have other merits that shouldn't be discounted. You get to play from the women's tees which should help out quite a bit on par 3's.
    Actually, it does.

It allows you to where a skirt, too, so there is no constriction in the backswing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    It allows you to where a skirt, too, so there is no constriction in the backswing.
    Easy, Sooner--

Edgey likes to call it a "kilt."

Easy, Sooner--

Edgey likes to call it a "kilt."
    Edgey's a long way from being a Scotsman I'm guessing.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Prince Chuck wears a kilt sometimes.

FOOL.
    Camp Freddy would like to jump all over him, thats for sure xx

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Camp Freddy likes Scotsmen, they are easier to "enter" from behind, apparently.

Edgey

Camp Freddy likes Scotsmen, they are easier to "enter" from behind, apparently.

Edgey

There was a story about that going around once, but nobody lived long enough to tell it. Those Scots don't appreciate kiss & tell.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

[QUOTE=NiftyNiblick]The worst part is We don't even know if he's cute.QUOTE]

He is cute, he has the Camp Freddy stamp of approval

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    There was a story about that going around once, but nobody lived long enough to tell it. Those Scots don't appreciate kiss & tell.

FON
    Depends who they are kissing ;-)

Edgey

Depends who they are kissing ;-)

Edgey

You must really look like a chick when you go out. I'm guessing you must have a purse for a package. ;)

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Wink

You must really look like a chick when you go out. I'm guessing you must have a purse for a package. ;)

FON
    FON

Funny that but when i went out to a Rocky Horror Picture Show i was dressed in basque, suspenders, stockings, wig and full make up. Its a bit of a tradition in the UK for men to go out in drag on occasions.

Shite you should have seen Camp Freddy that night

Edgey

FON

Funny that but when i went out to a Rocky Horror Picture Show i was dressed in basque, suspenders, stockings, wig and full make up. Its a bit of a tradition in the UK for men to go out in drag on occasions.

Shite you should have seen Camp Freddy that night

Edgey

Great, now I'm gonna have nightmares...

Can't sleep... *twitch* clown will eat me... *twitch twitch*

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Great, now I'm gonna have nightmares...

Can't sleep... *twitch* clown will eat me... *twitch twitch*

FON
    Looked very much like this.

Hope that eases the nightmares

Edgey
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Speak for yourself there Sooner. Personally I want it tuckep up nice and tight during the backswing. I don't want a two pound pendulem swinging back and forcing all my weight on to the outside of the right foot during the back swing. Not to mention the nasty chafeing from being slapped about the face on the through swing.

P.S. I can't believe I was offline and missed all the fun on the original thriver thread. I'm going to check it out right now.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Speak for yourself there Sooner. Personally I want it tuckep up nice and tight during the backswing. I don't want a two pound pendulem swinging back and forcing all my weight on to the outside of the right foot during the back swing. Not to mention the nasty chafeing from being slapped about the face on the through swing.

P.S. I can't believe I was offline and missed all the fun on the original thriver thread. I'm going to check it out right now.
    NAH

Camp Freddy says proove it, big boyXX

Edgey

PS Thrivers thread is class. Pinkman69 came out with his "i hate all gays call em all" Great thread
    Last edited by edgey; 02-19-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Looked very much like this.

Hope that eases the nightmares

Edgey

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Just read the original thrivers thread. If Pingman was president I would have him impeached for locking that down. Congrats on bringing up the century Edgey.

As I missed the boat there I will post a couple of comments here.

PM, you have some serious sperm build up issues there dude. You definitely need to release the pressure, it's making you have all sorts of irrational thoughts and beliefs. Does God allow you to pleasure yourself before marraige?

But seriously PM, you come across as a narrow minded biggot who has closed his mind off completely to any theory or belfief that doesn't directly agree with your church's rather narrow minded interpretations of selected bible passages. For a guy your age it is tragic to see such a waste of a brain. If you continue down your current path you will miss out on so much in life, clinging to the vain hope that at the end of the journey there will be some kind of Nirvana waiting for you to spend eternity in. You have a very sad existence young fella.

Nifty, I liked your two quotes, but I prefer a quote from Lisa Simpson that seems to cover both of your quotes "Prayer, the last refuge of the scoundrel". It kind of sums up my views on religion. Everybody who believes in it is after something.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

but I prefer a quote from Lisa Simpson that seems to cover both of your quotes "Prayer, the last refuge of the scoundrel". It kind of sums up my views on religion. Everybody who believes in it is after something.
    NAH

Thanks for the words, i was chuffed that a simple thread on Thrivers ended up being closed, could only have been better if Fred3 had dissaproved.

Sorry to have to burst your bubble but that "quote" from Lisa Simpson is a plagarism of

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" Samuel Johnson (1709–1784).

Although i prefer

"Patriotism is the virtue of the viscous" Oscar (GAY) Wilde

Edgey

FOOL.
    Woo HOO !!!

Here we go - Round One !!!

Now where the f#ck am I?

NAH

Thanks for the words, i was chuffed that a simple thread on Thrivers ended up being closed, could only have been better if Fred3 had dissaproved.

Sorry to have to burst your bubble but that "quote" from Lisa Simpson is a plagarism of

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" Samuel Johnson (1709–1784).

Although i prefer

"Patriotism is the virtue of the viscous" Oscar (GAY) Wilde

Edgey
    You didn't burst my bubble edgey, you just weren't paying attention. I was replying to Nifty's post in the orignal thread where he quoted Johnson, and added another quote about religion, and I was saying that Lisa Simpson embraced both thoughts in one quote. Anyway, some of the most profound quotes you will ever hear are from Simpsons characters. They have fantastic writers working for them.

You didn't burst my bubble edgey, you just weren't paying attention. I was replying to Nifty's post in the orignal thread where he quoted Johnson, and added another quote about religion, and I was saying that Lisa Simpson embraced both thoughts in one quote. Anyway, some of the most profound quotes you will ever hear are from Simpsons characters. They have fantastic writers working for them.
    Agreed about the Simpsons, although i have always found some of the writing in Neighbours to be of a very high standard.............

Edgey

I like the hypocrisy of Pingman. He says he has his own beliefs but doesn't inflict them on others, but proceeds to post his own views then lock the threasd down so nobody could refute them. Luckily we have another mod who was willing to challenge PM and overrode the premature lockdown.

BTW JS, your vehement opoosition to PM's homophobic tirade makes me wonder about your motivation for such gay pride type comments. Something you wanna tell us all Joel?

Hmm maybe I shouldn't have reopened this topic as it may get out of hand.

However I'm gonna give this my best shot(talk).

Let me say that I disagree entirely with the views Pingman has expressed but he is entitled to his own opinions and beliefs. To his credit he normally tries to steer the discussion away from religion etc and back to golf. I am a little surprised that has revealed as much as he has about himself but hey, what's done is done.

I for one don't think it is my place to try and change his views. This is a golf forum after all.

Now back to Thrivers.

You'd have to be a queer gay bastard wearing a skirt and playing off the ladies tees with pink golf balls to bag one of those things!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Agreed about the Simpsons, although i have always found some of the writing in Neighbours to be of a very high standard.............

Edgey
    I would have thoght Prisoner would have been more your speed. Nah, come to think about it, Prisoner would be right up Sooners alley if he was a Brit. For your edification Sooner, Prisoner is a soapie about a womens prison in Australia. Lot's of big masculine looking slags getting around in overalls.

BTW JS, your vehement opoosition to PM's homophobic tirade makes me wonder about your motivation for such gay pride type comments. Something you wanna tell us all Joel?

No there is nothing that I WANT to tell you.

However I don't think you need years of schooling to figure it out.

That's all were going to talk about it though.

I would have thoght Prisoner would have been more your speed. Nah, come to think about it, Prisoner would be right up Sooners alley if he was a Brit. For your edification Sooner, Prisoner is a soapie about a womens prison in Australia. Lot's of big masculine looking slags getting around in overalls.
    It screened in the UK under the title 'Cell Block H' or something like that.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I was a bit confused there as i thought you meant THE prisoner (Patrick McGoohan) which was good and i have been to where they filmed it

As for slags in overalls are ou reffering to the caddies at the masters.....

Edgey

Hmm maybe I shouldn't have reopened this topic as it may get out of hand.

However I'm gonna give this my best shot(talk).

Let me say that I disagree entirely with the views Pingman has expressed but he is entitled to his own opinions and beliefs. To his credit he normally tries to steer the discussion away from religion etc and back to golf. I am a little surprised that has revealed as much as he has about himself but hey, what's done is done.

I for one don't think it is my place to try and change his views. This is a golf forum after all.

Now back to Thrivers.

You'd have to be a queer gay bastard wearing a skirt and playing off the ladies tees with pink golf balls to bag one of those things!
    Kiwi

By all accepted GR standards you bag a hybrid and a such must be a queer, gay, skirt wearing, homosexual, bumboy, turdburgling, bastard. Might as well bag a Thriver and become totaly hated by Pinkman69

Edgey

Now back to Thrivers.

Here, here!!

Kiwi

By all accepted GR standards you bag a hybrid and a such must be a queer, gay, skirt wearing, homosexual, bumboy, turdburgling, bastard. Might as well bag a Thriver and become totaly hated by Pinkman69

Edgey
    **** you are right.

Damn!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Does it come with shower scenes?!?!

Does it come with shower scenes?!?!
    Sorry big fella, but it was only PG

Sorry big fella, but it was only PG

It's quite clear that we are poking fun while Pinger is dead serious.
    1- i know you making fun
    2- yes those are my real thoughts... but no im not quite as serious as you may think... actually i had a couple people in my dorm room while that conversation was going on... they all think you may be a slight mental case... lol...

All of this nonsense could have been avoided if we had come up with a better name for this innovative new driving club.

"Thriver" is a little weak.

Maybe Crusher or Ball Buster or something like that would have been better.

Or at least, Dimple Denter.

All of this nonsense could have been avoided if we had come up with a better name for this innovative new driving club.

"Thriver" is a little weak.

Maybe Crusher or Ball Buster or something like that would have been better.

Or at least, Dimple Denter.
    As the person who coined the name Thriver i have to say, f uck em all its a great name

Edgey

While they're not for me, don't have a problem with the concept. But I agree the name is the sh!ts. It sounds like some sort of anal appliance.

Not that I'm familiar with anal appliances.

Congrats on the round, Edgey.
    GR lives...

1- i know you making fun
    2- yes those are my real thoughts... but no im not quite as serious as you may think... actually i had a couple people in my dorm room while that conversation was going on... they all think you may be a slight mental case... lol...

They better have been female. Would hate to see what would happen when THE WHOLE school found out you had OTHER GUYS in your DORM with you.

When this this migrate out of the golf discussion forum?

Is the subject of thrivers now banned from the golf discussion forum?

When this this migrate out of the golf discussion forum?

Is the subject of thrivers now banned from the golf discussion forum?

Late last night or early this morning.

I was about to make a "Who deleted the Information on Thirvers II thread" thread.

For you guys claiming to be straight... you sure are accepting of homos.

I personally think it is disgusting. I don't want to be around gays, don't want to hear there f***ing lisping voice, and sure as hell don't want them touching me. I guess it would be one thing if the majority of them weren't so "colorful" and desperate for attention to sooth there insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickw
    For you guys claiming to be straight... you sure are accepting of homos.

I personally think it is disgusting. I don't want to be around gays, don't want to hear there f***ing lisping voice, and sure as hell don't want them touching me. I guess it would be one thing if the majority of them weren't so "colorful" and desperate for attention to sooth there insecurities.
    So no chance of a kiss for Camp Freddy then?

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by lauria240
    The past few months have been absolutely crazy in the financial markets. Financial advisors and banks are taking a beating from both the market condition and clients as individuals around the world are losing 30+ of their investments.

jesse livermore
    moving guide

Wow! What a great response to a Camp Freddy post! So, what you are saying is that we are all getting screwed in the arse financially? I agree . . . . . .

I hadn't sat down with my money guy for three years.
    Finance bores me to tears and beyond.
    To me, the whole subject of money is tacky.
    I let him send all my stuff to the tax prep broad because it gives me a headache.
    (And I had 15 credit hours--five courses--of accounting at Harvard. I was baked most of the time.)

Finally, with everything going on, I had to see what's what last week.
    Since I spoke to him last, my portfolio's up a modest 4%. Where it was up or down in between, I don't even care to know.

I hadn't sat down with my money guy for three years.
    Finance bores me to tears and beyond.
    To me, the whole subject of money is tacky.
    I let him send all my stuff to the tax prep broad because it gives me a headache.
    (And I had 15 credit hours--five courses--of accounting at Harvard. I was baked most of the time.)

Finally, with everything going on, I had to see what's what last week.
    Since I spoke to him last, my portfolio's up a modest 4%. Where it was up or down in between, I don't even care to know.
    lol... probably would not be so tacky if you lost 40%.

Thread Information